CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if that were the case she would wait until the money was transferred and the will competed before she knocked them off? IMO to MS if HS had the access to the $$, so did she, MS did not need her to die, nor did BS need to die for MS to prosper.

It does give me thought that BS was changing his "ways" and not only seeing JS in a money hungry character but also FDA as well, to me they are very similar from an overview glance. IMO BS took stock of the people in his life that he freely gave $$ to over and over, after the Winters actions he changed and said enough.
What if Barry had also enough of the endless money hungry s-i-l at a certain point?

I haven’t yet found any more details about the alarm. I’d expect the system would have been able to capture when doors and windows were opened and closed which would give us the whole picture.

I’m reading the reports now and I wanted to point out some things. I just found this mention of the pool:
View attachment 438692

The maintenance guy who was at the house on Friday told the CBC that he used to service the pool, but hadn’t in years. But it was losing water and Honey’s assistant was topping it up?

Also, here is the preliminary report about incoming and outgoing calls on Honey’s iPhone:
View attachment 438694View attachment 438693

Missing is the 20-second pocket dial to the architect and the call to MS after the meeting at Apotex—but maybe those calls were made before 6:21 pm.

There are also no calls to her phone during the time the Thursday visitor was at the home, and no 911 calls to or from the phone, but that’s only part of the phone’s data.

There’s also a part in E. Stern’s statement where she says Barry pointed out the pool camera to her.
View attachment 438697

ETA: The more I read about Friday’s housekeeper the less sense it makes to me. She said Honey would sleep in until 10:00 am on Fridays, so she thought Honey was sleeping when she arrived. But she walked in with the personal trainer who was there to assist Barry and Honey.

Then she noticed Honey’s phone, and that the beds looked strange. And Honey’s car was in the driveway etc. I’m not suggesting that she’s involved in any way, but it’s all odd, imo.
I wonder if the alarm transcript is one reason why the police apparently investigated the idea that somebody else was in the car with Honey when she drove home.
I don't believe BS would have ever cut FDA off in the end. He may have become more practical but i think he cared to much for him.

If this article does anything, it makes me less optimistic that the police have a concrete theory of the case. The writer appears to have an inside source and describes what I consider long-shot work by police, including probing Barry’s business dealings in the US and offshore. Hopefully this source is unreliable or misleading, as it makes the police seem to be without a clue, which isn’t really how KD portrays the situation (at least any longer).

But is KD’s view based on speculation or inference or sources? KD may, sadly, be wrong about the police being close. The police “theory” may be as simple as “the WM did it”. In which case, not a super insightful or detailed theory.

Reading this, it also occurred to me that JS might be a main source. The article is definitely more favourable to JS and includes lots of emails to which JS may have access.

It is interesting that it says the police do not consider Alex’s theory about JS as being based on evidence. I wonder if that’s true. If it is, I also wonder about being dismissive of intuition.

All in all, this article makes me even more despondent about a near resolution.

If this article does anything, it makes me less optimistic that the police have a concrete theory of the case. The writer appears to have an inside source and describes what I consider long-shot work by police, including probing Barry’s business dealings in the US and offshore. Hopefully this source is unreliable or misleading, as it makes the police seem to be without a clue, which isn’t really how KD portrays the situation (at least any longer).

But is KD’s view based on speculation or inference or sources? KD may, sadly, be wrong about the police being close. The police “theory” may be as simple as “the WM did it”. In which case, not a super insightful or detailed theory.

Reading this, it also occurred to me that JS might be a main source. The article is definitely more favourable to JS and includes lots of emails to which JS may have access.

It is interesting that it says the police do not consider Alex’s theory about JS as being based on evidence. I wonder if that’s true. If it is, I also wonder about being dismissive of intuition.

All in all, this article makes me even more despondent about a near resolution.
I was thinking about KD and his theories and how he came to the conclusion (without saying it) that it's JS. AB thinks he's good at digging up stuff but she doesn't agree with his theories. She doesn't believe the NW was a lookout.

I'm just really glad that others are still digging into this instead of just him. Different perspectives are a good thing. I also think that people close to the Shermans are more eager to speak to the media now. I'm sure a lot of them worried that they might also have a target on them but since nobody else has been murdered, they might feel better about it.

hmmm not sure, that thought did not come to my mind, he was still a trustee at the time. I have not heard of any BS plans to change the trustees again.
There is nothing money hungry about his son in law Brad Krawczyk. He and his x wife are very generous.

Dennis Curry's latest

Sherman Murders: Bloomberg's Bespectacled Campbell​

But as far as Campbell’s current posting may be from Toronto, he’s rooted there in many ways. Some of these roots may well be causative when it comes to his sourcing abilities in a case that has been all but locked down as of late. He’s also burned no bridges, unlike other journalists in the pubic sphere (more on that in my piece). Getting family and friends to talk is one thing, investigative sources offering new information is a bit different. He may have both.

From Dennis’s substack:

“Campbell underplays his association with the Sherman family. He was a year apart from the lone Sherman son when they attended school. And their parents were “well-acquainted” according to past comments made by Campbell himself to the CBC. This may not be all that important, but perhaps important to remember when digesting the undeniable message and overall tone of the article.”

This accords with the vibe I got. The stuff seems skewed as though delivered by JS. But who is the investigative source? Reliable or not?

I think if that were the case she would wait until the money was transferred and the will competed before she knocked them off? IMO to MS if HS had the access to the $$, so did she, MS did not need her to die, nor did BS need to die for MS to prosper.

It does give me thought that BS was changing his "ways" and not only seeing JS in a money hungry character but also FDA as well, to me they are very similar from an overview glance. IMO BS took stock of the people in his life that he freely gave $$ to over and over, after the Winters actions he changed and said enough.
I believe that MS believed that HS‘ had been drafted and signed.

I believe that MS believed that HS‘ had been drafted and signed.
In my thoughts, MS would have been the trustee for HS, thus she would have a copy or know if it was completed.

If HS & BS were seeing the writing on the wall regarding how the wealth BS had created was creating poor life choices and rifts for many of his friends and family. IMO When JS attempted a takeover, claiming BS was no longer of sound mind HS & BS foresaw problems, and made new decisions on how to retire and use the wealth in different places. To me this is why BS was telling both FDA and JS that the money pit was now dry and they should look at real bank institutions to support them.

I thought this was how HS was planning to have $$ go to her side of the family after her demise. As it stood HS was part of a combined will, she had little of her own, she would still not have authority to give out large sums of money to MS if BS predeceased her, she was to receive a monthly payment from the profits, the trustees would still run Sherfam and all the businesses, she would not own the asset. It appears even the real estate HS & MS did was banked by Sherfam, so in actuality they did not really own it.

From an older article:

“Krawczyk, who swore the affidavit in 2018, said in the affidavit that there was a particular urgency in moving the Sherman estate through the courts because just before Barry and Honey were murdered, “a bank account of (Barry Sherman’s) at the Bank of Montreal received an amount of approximately $100 million” arising from a special dividend payment.

Krawczyk told court that about $64 million was still in that account and the Sherman family trust was unable to access it until the court officially gave permission for Krawczyk and the other three trustees to act on behalf of the estate.

That permission was given in June 2018.”

(Where did the $36 million go? Into HS’s account?)

I was trying to find out why MS expected money and found that quote while looking. It makes sense that BS might have transferred at least part of that $100 million to HS, if not all, imo. Barry told friends he was going to transfer anywhere between $100-$500 million to her.

In the court documents, Honey and Barry have more than one BMO account, but the information about one of Honey’s accounts was redacted or private. (I’d have to search for the exact wording.)

Another quote from the article:

“Barry had $66.9 million personal property and $1.8 million in real estate. Honey had $45.9 million in personal property and $9.5 million in real estate.”

That may explain the $100 million, but the real estate amounts don’t add up. Mary’s name was on some of the properties Honey purchased, maybe they automatically became hers? (I think the small Forest Hill home and another condo in Miami were jointly owned by Mary and Honey, although Honey apparently purchased them, according to KD.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member