CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MS might know plenty about HS, but I bet BS kept his cards close to his chest when it came to MS. HS would have been the one to talk about BS adventures. I get the impression BS trusted his wife only so far, Apotex dealings were off limits as far as she was concerned. JK knew all the business deals, and FD'A knew the less savoury side of BS.

Speaking of.....the local news..... I see "taking out the garbage" is one menu item of a hired hit. Similar to getting out of the car, coming out of work etc.
I often wondered why BS or HS or both, weren't kidnapped and held for ransom, then executed? I think this way was a definitive statement, whoever wanted them gone, they wanted it immediately, payment was good, no need to make money from ransom first??? Was time a factor in the date and manner??

I don't think money is the main motive. In these murders of two elderly people, I perceive cruelty, a sadism. He’s probably a relative.
If you do not think money is the main motive, but cruelty and sadism are.

Usually, sadism is displayed over a number of years of a person's life. Is there any individual in your POI's that has displayed these traits?

Speaking of.....the local news..... I see "taking out the garbage" is one menu item of a hired hit. Similar to getting out of the car, coming out of work etc.
I often wondered why BS or HS or both, weren't kidnapped and held for ransom, then executed? I think this way was a definitive statement, whoever wanted them gone, they wanted it immediately, payment was good, no need to make money from ransom first??? Was time a factor in the date and manner??
One reason not to hold them for ransom. You are going to inherit/receive even more money upon their deaths.
This theory is only valid if you are in the will.

MS might know plenty about HS, but I bet BS kept his cards close to his chest when it came to MS. HS would have been the one to talk about BS adventures. I get the impression BS trusted his wife only so far, Apotex dealings were off limits as far as she was concerned. JK knew all the business deals, and FD'A knew the less savoury side of BS.
My impression is HS told MS everything

You are probably right about that. So there is probably some truth to MS saying that HS was going to “give” her $300/$500 million IMO. Someone may have wanted to stop that. Seems simplistic however certainly possible.
If that money had gone through to MS, wondering if she would she have shared it with her family and if it would make her husband feel emasculated?
speculation, imo

I think you've presented the best way to reconcile KD's theories with my own personal take. KD thinks it was done by someone personally known to the victims. I don't have the citation, but I believe he also indicated he thinks there is more than one person there?

I find it really hard to imagine that the crime was personally committed by someone known to H and B. Commissioned yes, committed no. These are soft-handed people. They shoot sporting clays, not deer. I realize that strangulation is often associated with domestic violence murderers, who act in a fit of rage, and serial killers, who want the contact/control with the victim. But I also associate strangulation with certain types of trained killers--Mossad, Special Forces, etc. It is not a quick or quiet death, and it's really hard for me to imagine someone from the Shermans' milieu personally and cold-bloodedly strangling two elderly people on a premeditated basis. But it's easier to envision someone like that commissioning the deaths, scheduling the set-up, and letting a contracted professional into the house. But if that is the case, why is there only one walking man?
I have thought the ligature was tightened around the neck and they were left to die I did not envision the murderer standing and strangling them, I envision a zip tie tied tight and they can walk away and let them pass.

If that money had gone through to MS, wondering if she would she have shared it with her family and if it would make her husband feel emasculated?
speculation, imo
You are speaking of the poor "Uber-driver", who had to earn money for his wife and adult children, although his wife operated as a landlord of her own (how many?) buildings, which she owned with or without her sister. This poverty isn't understandable to me, but that's probably on me. What did MS' husband for a living besides Uber, I wonder. He never played a role in all the discussions - odd.

Pretty sure he had long ago accepted life as part of Barry’s welfare state. They perpetually had their hands out.
It's as if BS had two wives, actual sister, sister wives!
Wonder if BS was also calling in loans made to AS?

rbbm. speculation, imo.
“He was a real generous guy,” Upadhye says. “Now, anecdotally, I do know there probably were some people who took advantage of him, especially in business ventures, people he thought were his friends.”

Paul says he was familiar with the inner workings of these deals, and some left him aghast: He was giving people money when there was no opportunity for success.”

Sherman, being Sherman, was often aggressive in seeking restitution. In the 1980s, he was one of many high-profile Canadians burned in what’s considered the biggest tax fraud in the country’s history—limited-partnership tax shelters involving luxury yachts Elegance and The Great Gatsby. When it was revealed that no yachts existed, Sherman tried, unsuccessfully, to sue his accountants for negligence, claiming he lost more than $600,000. The Ontario Court of Appeal said Sherman was an “astute businessman” and “experienced investor” who should have known better.''

''A year later, Sherman had a run-in with the FBI and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration over a mail-order scheme he ran with his brother-in-law, Allen Shechtman. It involved a Bahamas-based company, Medicine Club, mailing Apotex drugs, including generic Prozac, from Canada to half a million U.S. households without prescription. Medicine Club pleaded guilty to one count of illegal interstate commerce and was fined US$500,000 for selling drugs without approval; it was also forced to pay $339,000 for investigative costs. Authorities had been tipped off by U.S. drug manufacturers, entrenched Sherman foes. (Sherman bankrolled another of his brother-in-law’s ventures, Martin Ross Group Inc., a jewellery company that filed for bankruptcy in 2015, owing $5.2 million to two Sherman-controlled companies.)''

Noting fwiw..rbbm.
Sept 7 '23
''A release issued by the Toronto Police Service (TPS) Thursday said the service received a report of a break-and-enter in the area of Avenue Rd. and Chaplin Cres., south of Eglinton Ave. West, on Aug. 29.

According to investigators, a man entered the residence at “some point in the evening” while the occupants were home. The man stayed for “a couple of hours” before the occupants confronted him, they said.

The suspect was then able to flee the area on foot, police said.

Police described the suspect as a white man, between 30 and 40 years old, with a thin build and dark hair. He is approximately five-foot-ten and was wearing a grey hoodie and shorts at the time of the incident, the release states''.
1694123361067.png

If you do not think money is the main motive, but cruelty and sadism are.

Usually, sadism is displayed over a number of years of a person's life. Is there any individual in your POI's that has displayed these traits?
I'am not sure, but I suspect the son. Just my feeling. I’m not a professional.

Last edited:
something to think about
every unsolved case has to be driven by those who want answers..going back to the absurd le work here where they didnt try to hide they were not interested ( the head detective never even been to the crime scene ) ..
its usually the family who wants answers.. but in a case were some members of the family are under suspicion themselves ..with no one trusting anyone else
can we say only KD is trying to push this case ?

You are speaking of the poor "Uber-driver", who had to earn money for his wife and adult children, although his wife operated as a landlord of her own (how many?) buildings, which she owned with or without her sister. This poverty isn't understandable to me, but that's probably on me. What did MS' husband for a living besides Uber, I wonder. He never played a role in all the discussions - odd.
He owned a jewellery business that BS funded to the tune of $30-$40 million. It became insolvent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024