CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered at Home, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points.

Not sure myself, but if either of the Sherman's cell phones were paid for by Apotex, (a possibly scenario considering Barry's spending habits) would all data and information on the phone(s) be property of Apotex, and therefore Apotex could retain and withhold from LE, anything they felt was propriety information?
I believe the answer is yes APOTEX own the data. If the data resides on their email exchange server they own it. Companies used blackberry technology as it had the best data encryption at the time. Most companies using Blackberry technology had heavy data protection in mind, and backend systemS to support blackberry devices specifically today other solutions provide encryption everywhere and not just on personal devices.

note: if you use you company email or phone for personal communication, legally they own the data, and could use it within the laws of that place, as they want. Copyrights are a very slippery slope.

I believe the answer is yes APOTEX own the data. If the data resides on their email exchange server they own it. Companies used blackberry technology as it had the best data encryption at the time. Most companies using Blackberry technology had heavy data protection in mind, and backend systemS to support blackberry devices specifically today other solutions provide encryption everywhere and not just on personal devices.

note: if you use you company email or phone for personal communication, legally they own the data, and could use it within the laws of that place, as they want. Copyrights are a very slippery slope.
If BS had saved some personal letters/disposals/instructions, for example how to do certain things in the event of his sudden demise, possibly nobody would learn of it (except Apotex-lawyers).

You mean 10 billion I assume. And I agree, BS was likely not aware of some of his investments or their true value
Correct,10 Billion. Sorry not used to typing millions and billions.
This is true. i was told that he was having dinner with people one night and someone reminded him of land he owned north of Toronto. Apparently he did not remember.

So am I correct in saying that the Trustees of the estate, those 4 individuals who effectively controlled Apotex, could in effect control or influence what Information on Apotex’ servers or databases would be disclosed to LE?
If so, this is very troubling to me, as it has been speculated here and in other forums that at least one and possibly more than one of the 4 Trustees were involved in the murders! This feels like the fox guarding the henhouse. MOO

So am I correct in saying that the Trustees of the estate, those 4 individuals who effectively controlled Apotex, could in effect control or influence what Information on Apotex’ servers or databases would be disclosed to LE?
I have always believed this to be the case. When push comes to shove, I would think these individuals are ultimately instructing Goodmans. MOO.

Can one consider any scenario where Apotex, would be not totally committed to catching the perpetrators in the Sherman's deaths?
Would business interests supersede the quest for justice?

The only way I could see that happening would be the 'owners' who were the trustees, had a self-interest in the crime not being solved.

If so, this is very troubling to me, as it has been speculated here and in other forums that at least one and possibly more than one of the 4 Trustees were involved in the murders! This feels like the fox guarding the henhouse. MOO
I would think a very small chance, not impossible but it would be a group from the law firm that would go through everything and maybe use some DLP (data leakage prevention) technology looking for specific words or details etc. If the scope was limited to the blackberry data only maybe not as much to decipher as personal or intellectual data. But it took a long time before LE was given any permissionS to see any data.

OT… I hear parts of SK Capital, who purchased Apotex are moving to India. Big change up happening.
Connected? speculation.
Updated: Oct 5, 2023

Read more at:
Apotex seeks $118 million from Panacea for collaboration pact breach - Times of India
''NEW DELHI: Canada-based Apotex Inc has sought $118.14 million from Panacea Biotec over breach of a collaboration agreement inked in 2014, the capital-based drug firm said on Thursday. The company has received a notification dated October 4 from the International Court of Arbitration, Paris, intimating that an arbitration proceeding has been initiated as per a request by Apotex Inc, Panacea Biotec said in a regulatory filing.
Apotex has alleged that the company has breached its obligations under the collaboration agreement for research, development, licence, supply and sale of products inked on May 9, 2014, it added.

Apotex has alleged that there has been a purported delay in seeking approval from US Food and Drug Administration for the product mentioned in the said agreement, Panacea Biotec said.
"Apotex has claimed $118.14 million towards outsized alleged losses plus interest thereon to the extent permissible under the applicable law," it added''

The company believes it is not in breach of its obligations ..''

Connected? speculation.
Updated: Oct 5, 2023

Read more at:
Apotex seeks $118 million from Panacea for collaboration pact breach - Times of India
''NEW DELHI: Canada-based Apotex Inc has sought $118.14 million from Panacea Biotec over breach of a collaboration agreement inked in 2014, the capital-based drug firm said on Thursday. The company has received a notification dated October 4 from the International Court of Arbitration, Paris, intimating that an arbitration proceeding has been initiated as per a request by Apotex Inc, Panacea Biotec said in a regulatory filing.
Apotex has alleged that the company has breached its obligations under the collaboration agreement for research, development, licence, supply and sale of products inked on May 9, 2014, it added.

Apotex has alleged that there has been a purported delay in seeking approval from US Food and Drug Administration for the product mentioned in the said agreement, Panacea Biotec said.
"Apotex has claimed $118.14 million towards outsized alleged losses plus interest thereon to the extent permissible under the applicable law," it added''

The company believes it is not in breach of its obligations ..'
Very remotely connected. Rumours for weeks of huge "layoffs", which have begun. Not surprised if they remove a huge section to India or Mexico. I liken all this tit for tat as arm wrestling within the big Pharma world. If articles or JS statements are true that Apotex was in financial difficulty, I wonder what talks BS had within his "community". Would BS have sold Apotex? Or was he reluctant to sell to private bidders?

Very remotely connected. Rumours for weeks of huge "layoffs", which have begun. Not surprised if they remove a huge section to India or Mexico. I liken all this tit for tat as arm wrestling within the big Pharma world. If articles or JS statements are true that Apotex was in financial difficulty, I wonder what talks BS had within his "community". Would BS have sold Apotex? Or was he reluctant to sell to private bidders?

Before Apotex was sold, it was a big moneymaker. In the past, Private Capital firms and Hedge Funds have taken over prosperous and successful companies and stripped them of their assets, and allowed them to flounder.

We know the buyer of Apotex, has stripped the company of its real estate assets, and sold them off for cash, and forced the Apotex operating company to lease the properties they used to own.

This could be the beginning of the demise of another Canadian success story.

Before Apotex was sold, it was a big moneymaker. In the past, Private Capital firms and Hedge Funds have taken over prosperous and successful companies and stripped them of their assets, and allowed them to flounder.

We know the buyer of Apotex, has stripped the company of its real estate assets, and sold them off for cash, and forced the Apotex operating company to lease the properties they used to own.

I agree, and would add that, in my view, this can't possibly come as a surprise to the children, or anyone else involved in selling the company to a hedge fund. Surely there were offers from international pharmaceutical companies, that were turned down. I can't see how anyone in Canada would have the spare billions plus the expertise and commitment to buy it and run it successfully as a private Canadian company.

JMO

Wonder how things worked out..
07-03-2023
''1827216 entity and its relationship with Apotex and Qilu. This information is critical to the defendants' breach of contract counterclaim because it is alleged that the 1827216 entity was set up - by Mr. Glasenberg on Apotex's behalf - as a way for Apotex to work around its contractual obligation to use the defendants as its exclusive supplier of generic sterile injectables.
''Additionally, further discovery has uncovered that Mr. Glasenberg might have additional information concerning the accuracy of Apotex's financial statements and its failure to supply penalties. The defendants are entitled to Mr. Glasenberg's deposition because he has unique personal knowledge of these issues which are critical to the defendants' defense and to its breach of contract counterclaim against the plaintiff.''

''ORDERED that the plaintiffs must make Mr. Glasenberg available for a deposition on or before August 2, 2023; and it is further''

Oct 5 2023

''Canada-based Apotex Inc has sought USD 118.14 million from Panacea Biotec over breach of a collaboration agreement inked in 2014, the capital-based drug firm said on Thursday.
The company has received a notification dated October 4 from the International Court of Arbitration, Paris, intimating that an arbitration proceeding has been initiated as per a request by Apotex Inc, Panacea Biotec said in a regulatory filing.''

Last edited:

Totally agree. I think Apotex was very successful. But private equity always wants the big investment return at any social or business cost.

I agree, and would add that, in my view, this can't possibly come as a surprise to the children, or anyone else involved in selling the company to a hedge fund. Surely there were offers from international pharmaceutical companies, that were turned down. I can't see how anyone in Canada would have the spare billions plus the expertise and commitment to buy it and run it successfully as a private Canadian company.

JMO
It was obvious years ago the children did not care about Apotex as a thriving entity. it was about the money. IMO

nope ..the person in question def enters the house through the front door 3 times and spends no less than 30 minutes ..then goes back to the car and so on !
PressReader.com - Digital Newspaper & Magazine Subscriptions
he cant be an officer cause he entered ..and this doesnt make sense anyway ..cause that would have normally led to the discovery of the bodies.. and why would le hide this!!!!!!!!!
i never gave this detail big importance untill..i read it in full
its crazy ..there is simply no reasonable explantion for not exposing this most important piece of the puzzle
i dont think KD pressed enough on this..
they KNOW who it is... they interviwed him they claim .. and do they also know for certain he had nothing to do with what was discoved later ? like HOW and keeping it a secret too
everything about this invstigation is very fishy to me

I think it's possible it was a police officer who called the real estate company regarding a wellness check related to the 911 call. If that did happen, which should sound unlikely since it means the RE company allowed a person into the house using the lock based on a phone conversation which makes them and the cops look bad.

I think it's possible it was a police officer who called the real estate company regarding a wellness check related to the 911 call. If that did happen, which should sound unlikely since it means the RE company allowed a person into the house using the lock based on a phone conversation which makes them and the cops look bad.
LE needs a legal reason to enter, if that was not followed, they entered "illegally". Put that aside... if anyone entered that house and is not the killer, then they entered a crime scene. I''m sure a good lawyer would make mincemeat of a case/evidence if a scene was tampered with or perceived to be tampered with etc etc. A thorough wellness check if given permission to do so, would include the whole house and exterior. A lazy LE might have cut corners and not done a thorough check, missing one of the biggest crime scenes (or at least most famous) in Canada = mud on face big time. Ah heck, maybe it was a busy night and there was something more pressing than an alarm that possibly kept going off all week. I'm sure alarm calls are a dime a dozen, and if a home owner wants a key holder to attend, then they need to pay for this service with a company who provides it, and not expect LE to provide (big difference between a wellness check and an alarm)
Sigh... my cameras work fantastically, my alarm eats 1 bowl of kibble per day, and poops.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!