CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered @ Home - Toronto #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re a TPS detective?

We’ve had officers on threads before, they’ve been very helpful. I’m not sure, but you may want to check with the mods if you have to be verified if you’re identifying as one. You remain anonymous, but get a ‘verified LE’ attached to your profile.
quote:
Well, I'll confess: I'm a detective from TPS, trying to steer this vital crime-solving forum in the right direction, to find out the truth of what really happened, because it's clearly beyond us incompetent police. It's up to the media and random members of the public with too much time on their hands.

JMO

----------

I thought this was a joke. IMO seriously would a detective speak of themselves with mockery. And when would a detective want to steer us in any direction?

Question for you Lexi, you were the only moniker mentioned that I heard on the podcast about KW, why did they feel it was ok to quote you and no one else, do you know any of the podcast members? Did you give them permission to quote you? I also do not recall if you responded with shock or disbelief that they quoted you and only you.

quote:
Well, I'll confess: I'm a detective from TPS, trying to steer this vital crime-solving forum in the right direction, to find out the truth of what really happened, because it's clearly beyond us incompetent police. It's up to the media and random members of the public with too much time on their hands.

JMO

----------

I thought this was a joke. IMO seriously would a detective speak of themselves with mockery. And when would a detective want to steer us in any direction?

Question for you Lexi, you were the only moniker mentioned that I heard on the podcast about KW, why did they feel it was ok to quote you and no one else, do you know any of the podcast members? Did you give them permission to quote you? I also do not recall if you responded with shock or disbelief that they quoted you and only you.

I was surprised to hear my moniker on the podcast. No, I didn’t give anyone permission to quote me, but that’s okay. I’m relieved they chose a post where I wrote something reasonable.

I don’t know anyone from the names that were listed as having worked on the podcast.

Last edited:
April 11 2023

''Executive Summary​

As SK Capital Partners completes its acquisition of Apotex, generics industry veteran Allan Oberman has been named as the new president and CEO of the Canadian giant, replacing Jeff Watson who will remain on the company’s board.''

Teva’s Allan Oberman?

‘Prior to these positions, he served as President and CEO of Teva Canada (formerly Novopharm Limited), COO of Teva International Group, President of Teva EMIA and President and CEO of Teva Americas Generics.’

‘Apotex Inc. president and CEO Jeremy Desai resigned effective immediately Friday from the generic drug giant founded by billionaire Barry Sherman, who was found slain in his home on Dec. 15.

Desai's resignation comes as he faces allegations in a U.S. lawsuit from Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. for allegedly accepting trade secrets from a Teva employee that he was thought to be in a romantic relationship with.’

According to KD, Barry supported Desai despite the scandal and pressure to fire him. Apotex announced Desai was leaving Apotex on the same day the TPS held a press conference about the Shermans’ deaths being a double homicide.

I think it was in an article this year or on his podcast that KD said Desai was fired from Apotex, he didn’t resign as everyone reported it at the time.

By Sonia Aslam
Posted Feb 3, 2018 lengthy article. rbbm.
''TORONTO, ON. (NEWS 1130) – A US judge has refused to throw out a sensational lawsuit that accuses Barry Sherman’s drug company of using sex, lies and USB flash drives to illegally acquire valuable trade secrets from a rival pharmaceutical firm.

The ruling, released Tuesday, is the latest chapter in a bizarre legal saga that was thrust back into the spotlight last week amid news that Jeremy Desai — Sherman’s pick as president and CEO of Apotex Inc., and the man at the centre of the lawsuit — had suddenly resigned “to pursue other opportunities.” By chance, the company announced Desai’s abrupt departure just hours before Toronto police convened a press conference last Friday to reveal that Barry and Honey Sherman were indeed murdered, the victims of a “targeted” double homicide inside their north-end mansion.

The unusual lawsuit was launched last July by the US division of Israel’s Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., the world’s largest generic drug-maker. Filed in Pennsylvania, the complaint alleges that Desai was involved in a “romantic relationship” with a senior Teva executive — a fellow Canadian named Barinder Sandhu — and that he induced his girlfriend to leak him highly sensitive Teva records, including “trade secrets and other confidential information.”

The FBI was called in to investigate Sandhu after she was fired in October 2016, but the US Department of Justice decided last May not to pursue criminal charges. Teva filed its lawsuit two months later.''

Why Desai left his job so suddenly remains a mystery; in a prepared statement last week, Apotex would only say his resignation was “effective immediately” and that “we thank Jeremy for his contributions and wish him success in the next phase of his career.” Berman, the company spokesman, told Maclean’s today that “the announcement of Jeremy’s resignation and the police update of the same day are completely unrelated. Dr. Desai’s resignation is in no way connected to the death of Dr. Sherman.”

''When Sherman was alive, Desai appeared to enjoy a close relationship with the company founder and chairman. In fact, as The Globe and Mail first reported last week, it was Sherman who provided the mortgage for the upscale Toronto home that Desai and his wife, Kalpna, purchased when they first moved to Canada in 2003. The loan document, filed at Toronto’s land registry office, shows that Sherman lent the couple $3.15 million — at zero interest, and without a regular payment schedule. The mortgage is due “on demand,” records show, and 15 years later no discharge has been filed, suggesting the loan remains outstanding.''

I was surprised to hear my moniker on the podcast. No, I didn’t give anyone permission to quote me, but that’s okay. I’m relieved they chose a post where I wrote something reasonable.

I don’t know anyone from the names that were listed as having worked on the podcast.
I'm guessing that they don't need to ask permission from someone posting on a forum since it's public. I was surprised to hear your name, too.

Thank you and you gave me a thought, what if the staged scene was not to imply a M/S at all. My initial thoughts were they were hung like puppets, displayed but hidden, a story was being told, something about control and who the boss is now. It was personal, if it was not why not leave HS where she was killed? why hide them in an moist and potentially humid environment, why sit up deceased bodies.

What if the murderer is happy the scene was so cryptic that only a few understood it, maybe only "they" and BS & HS knew what the scene represents, does anyone else know? Personally I do not think it had anything to do with the statues, if you nit pick down the details are so few it is not at all the same.
After listening to the same podcast, I also tried to think of the message behind the staging of the bodies to mirror HS's life-sized junk sculptures. I was struck by two comments made by KW: as he became angry during the interview with KG, he blurted indignantly that his brother Jeffrey was "eating out of a dumpster",but that it isn't about the money...
Then, I read another article from Toronto Life in 2008 where Kerry says that "if it were up to Barry, he'd have me eating cold fries out of a KFC dumpster...". Kerry (and his brothers?) felt betrayed by Barry, who was determined to save (and acquire) Empire but didn't show the same interest in his young cousins. I go the feeling Kerry (and his brothers?) felt cast aside like broken toys, like junk. Maybe the staging was to return the favor and turn Barry and Honey into junk, just like the sculptures....

After listening to the same podcast, I also tried to think of the message behind the staging of the bodies to mirror HS's life-sized junk sculptures. I was struck by two comments made by KW: as he became angry during the interview with KG, he blurted indignantly that his brother Jeffrey was "eating out of a dumpster",but that it isn't about the money...
Then, I read another article from Toronto Life in 2008 where Kerry says that "if it were up to Barry, he'd have me eating cold fries out of a KFC dumpster...". Kerry (and his brothers?) felt betrayed by Barry, who was determined to save (and acquire) Empire but didn't show the same interest in his young cousins. I go the feeling Kerry (and his brothers?) felt cast aside like broken toys, like junk. Maybe the staging was to return the favor and turn Barry and Honey into junk, just like the sculptures....
Great post, welcome to Ws @kateferg!

Thank you for your response. I would expect it was a little thrilling and since it is a moniker and not more identifiable it should not be invasive to privacy.

And to add it was a good quote they chose!

'Allan Oberman has been named president and CEO at Apotex. He has held prior executive roles at Concordia International (formerly AMCo), Sagent Pharmaceuticals, Teva Pharmaceuticals, and Bestfoods, Inc.'
1681248604577.png

I guess there could be others who felt they were treated like garbage by Barry and/or Honey and wanted to make a statement.
Whoever it might have been, the person waited for a long time with their statement, it seems. After all, Honey and Barry were 70 and 75 years old respectively. Was the future expensive house (too oversized for 2 old people) ultimately the deciding factor?

Kerry and his brothers may have felt betrayed by Barry. As children, if there were problems with their adoptive parents, that was a choice their mother made, not Barry and Honey. Finally the Winter boys were financially supported in ways by the trust, their adoptive parents and the Shermans, most of us could only dream of.

As adults, the Winters boys men made choices regarding what to make of their lives; as all of us do. When things do not work out like we wish, we have to move on.

MOO

Kerry and his brothers may have felt betrayed by Barry. As children, if there were problems with their adoptive parents, that was a choice their mother made, not Barry and Honey. Finally the Winter boys were financially supported in ways by the trust, their adoptive parents and the Shermans, most of us could only dream of.

As adults, the Winters boys men made choices regarding what to make of their lives; as all of us do. When things do not work out like we wish, we have to move on.

MOO

I agree that the decisions that were made regarding the boys adoption are not Barry or Honey's fault. However, from what I understand, at least two of the Winter boys struggled with attachment issues following the adoption. They acted out, had various behaviour problems and struggled with drug addiction most likely as a coping mechanism. Kids who have attachment issues struggle trusting people and when a person they trust lets them down, anger and intense feelings of abandonment, realistic or not, often follow. I think this explains to some extent why Kerry blames Barry for so much of his loss. It doesn't prove anything, but it can partly explain his behaviour, IMO.

Tomorrow’s episode of KD’s podcast is ‘The Day They Died’.

FWIW, this is the part of the timeline I pieced together that focuses on their last day. This is 99% based on KD’s book and news coverage.

December 13, 2017 was the last day the Shermans were seen alive.

8:30 am: Personal trainer and friend, Denise Gold arrives at the Sherman family home as part of her twice-weekly training sessions for both Honey and Barry.

BS routinely would open the front door to pick up the paper (Toronto Star), read it in the kitchen, and eat his breakfast, cutting 15 minutes into the beginning of his session.

9:30 am: Barry’s workout is completed.

10:00 am: He leaves for work. Gold states that Barry wore one of two almost-identical new belts that Honey had purchased from Canadian Tire. (Identical except for size.) The other belt was left in his dressing area on a bench. KD has written that, according to his sources, these belts were later used in the murders to stage the bodies.

9:30- 11:30: Honey’s workout session. Gold left after the session.

Mid-morning:
  • At 10:51 am, Barry responds to an email from Jonathon who is requesting $17,677 USD. Barry instructs a staffer to send the money to him.
  • Real estate agent Elise Stern is at the Sherman home, as well as workers and cleaners. Water damage is being repaired on the front basement window. That window was found partially open with the screen in place two days later when the bodies were found.
11:30-2:30, approximately: Honey had massage therapy at home.

2:30 pm - 3:30 pm: Barry had a routine meeting with then-Apotex CEO Jeremy Desai and legal council at Apotex.

5:00 pm, approximately: Honey pulled into the Apotex parking lot, followed shortly by architects and builders there to meet with Honey and Barry to discuss the new house they were planning to build. The architect later told police that both Barry and Honey seemed normal and engaged in the discussion. He said Honey mentioned something to Barry about him having to be home early, but he didn’t recall the reason she gave.

5:00 pm is the time that magnetic locks at Apotex activate, preventing anyone from entering the building without a special pass.

6:00 pm, approximately: the meeting ends and Barry walks them all to the front doors and they exit. Redirect Notice

6:21 pm: Honey makes her last known call (as per link directly above.) She speaks to a friend for approximately 5 minutes. Her friend stated that: “Honey sounded completely normal and was ‘on her way home.’ ” Did someone know Barry and Honey Sherman’s schedule? Close friends were away and they had nothing planned

Time unspecified: Honey stops by Bayview Village Shopping Centre and makes purchases. She is captured on cctv using a bank atm. $7,500 in cash is later found in her wallet left out in the open in the kitchen.

Time unspecified (‘evening’): Honey sends an email to a tableware company asking about shipping.

7:17 pm: time code of a photo of Jonathon’s hand, with his home in the background, that Jonathon later shows to Kevin Donovan to establish his whereabouts on the evening of the murders. Donovan tells Jonathon that there still would be enough time for him to drive to his parents’ home to kill them, but Jonathon says he didn’t and has nothing to do with their murders.

Time not specified by police: A person is caught on neighbouring cctv is seen approaching an area ‘tight’ to the Sherman home and spends a ‘suspicious’ amount of time there until walking back the way they came. The police later release that information and a clip of the person, saying that they are a suspect in the murders. This is in addition to ‘numerous persons of interest’ in the case.

8:13 pm: Barry composed a routine email at his desktop computer at Apotex.

8:30 pm: Barry left Apotex.

Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered within a few hours upon arriving home on Wednesday, December 13th, according to Homicide Inspector Hank Idsinga. The Star reported that Honey was home by 8:00 pm and Barry was home by about 8:50 pm, so somewhere between those times and midnight. (His statement was on January 15th, 2020. Barry and Honey Sherman were murdered within hours of arriving home, Toronto police say).

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

Excerpt from The Rule: Etiquette & Information

MEDIA and JOURNALISTS

When a journalist or member of the media posts on the site, they are expected to explain the purpose of the request to the members and to encourage members to post their stories in the thread.

LAW ENFORCEMENT

Websleuths is primarily pro law enforcement. Generalized bashing of law enforcement is not allowed. Speculation, insinuations of coverup, corruption or conspiracies are not allowed unless there is MSM to support such discussion.

Members of Law Enforcement regularly read at WS. Generally they contact WS Admins when they register, but there is no requirement that they do so. Unless they ask us to, we do not publicly identify them, but all posters should be aware that public comments about illegal activity could bring them attention they may not want. WS receives subpoenas on a regular basis from various agencies. WS will comply with all valid subpoenas received.

What members can not do is publicly claim to be a professional or expert in any field, and present themselves as such to Websleuths members, without having gone through the Websleuths Verification process linked here.

Personal anecdote and a bit OT, but must share ...

Been on APO Lovastatin for 30 years and in all those years have never paid more than $47.00 +/- a few cents for my prescription. Imagine my shock yesterday when confronted with a $112.00 bill for exactly the same prescription. Thought it was something wrong with my extended health plan or provincial plan, deductibles, etc but no ... pharmacy checked and that is the new price for Apo Lovastatin. I refused the prescription and said I would seek something else to keep me alive.

(Pharmacist contacted my GP today to discuss and I'm now prescribed Atorvastatin at a cost of $11.00 and I can now even have the occasional glass of grapefruit juice which I haven't been able to have for 30 years.)

Goodbye Apo .. SB runs out to purchase $100 worth of pink grapefruit juice with massive savings :p

April 14 2023

''In episode three of “The Billionaire Murders: The hunt for the killers of Honey and Barry Sherman,” we follow the footsteps of Honey and Barry Sherman and the mysterious “walking man” as they converge on Old Colony Rd. in what became a horrible, murderous evening. But the day started with smiles and workouts. Hannukah had just begun, Honey had presents to buy for grandchildren and Barry had drug battles to fight.''
1681474788448.png

After listening to KD's latest podcast, something incongruous struck me.

KD says HS was found with open backed shoes on her feet. He also said there were scuff marks on the pool deck between the doorway and the railing, and the pool deck hadn't been cleaned for about 3 weeks. He says the LE theory is that the scuff marks were caused by HS' shoes as she was being dragged by her upper body across the poolroom floor to the railing. He states that LE found that the back bottom of HS shoes had dirt on them and were scuffed up, and these markings were consistent with marks that would have been left with her being dragged across the floor.

I am no expert in women's shoes. But I have to wonder- if HS was wearing open backed shoes, and was dragged all the way across the pool room by someone holding her upper body, wouldn't her shoes have fallen off as she was being dragged? If so: 1) what caused the scuff marks; and
2) did the killer put her shoes on after she was suspended from the railing?

Perhaps someone familiar with how such shoes fit could provide some clarity
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members