CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered @ Home - Toronto #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a good question to ask.

KD said in an interview that he knows who the POIs are in the case and they’re all taller than the suspect. He hasn’t said who they are yet, but I think we can
I wasn't aware of his comment, thanks
If I was going to ask a question, which I won’t, it would be how probable does he think it is that the walker was the only (physical) perpetrator.
I watched a you tube profiler discuss this case a few threads back, I believe her name was Pat. She had a very compelling argument of how one person could have taken them both down, one at a time. I still lean towards 2 people, 1 known to them, the other not necessarily.

I watched a you tube profiler discuss this case a few threads back, I believe her name was Pat. She had a very compelling argument of how one person could have taken them both down, one at a time. I still lean towards 2 people, 1 known to them, the other not necessarily.
Two makes sense, but wouldn’t there be a (separate) second walker?

At around the 10:11 mark KD talks about it.

I listened to it again and I don’t want to misquote him. You mentioned specific people and they may be different from the people he has in mind. I hope you ask him(!)

Last edited:

re post 2022

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
<modsnip> the dynamics of this crime appear to indicate it was very well planned and not random in both intention and accomplishment. The bizarre placing of the bodies may be to cause confusion and focus attention on a personal motive. I have always thought that the motive may have been corporate driven with regards to Apotex's ongoing research by a competitor.

Agree. In similar situations, the obvious motives coming to mind would be: 1) business; 2) money. Posing is odd-eccentric and draws attention to something personal, or SK. Still, logic prevails, IMHO. Planned and posing is a red herring.

Then either:

-NW had nothing to do with it, or
-NW was a hit man, or
-LE has wrong POI(s)

I believe only one murderer was in the Sherman home that night

All jmo
Could be one murderer, but they would have to be confident Barry and Honey weren’t going to enter the house together, although I guess if it was someone they knew well, they wouldn’t be afraid at first.

If anyone is planning to ask KD a question - and I'm not sure he would answer this or want to answer - does he know the relative heights of JS, AP or KW? The NW was around 5'6" to 5'9". If these 3 fall considerably above or below these heights that would rule them out. I'm guessing the police already have this info but I'm curious.
It doesn’t rule them out. It rules them out as the night walker (assuming the TPS is correct with the height range. They could still have been there or have hired a hitman.

The shoes are shown to have a 'back', but wondering now if HS was wearing socks?
View attachment 414713
Looking at the drag marks in these pic closer IMO they are too wide and the mark is too long to be HS slip on shoes that made the mark. IMO it looks like it could be marks from a body flat on back position pulled by the shoulders along the concrete floor?

There might be a second walker. The 2nd walker could have taken another route; and/or the 2nd walker had a ride; and/or the TPS do not have a good image; and/or the TPS know who it is. Many of these things are possible.
There also could have been a second ''watcher'', someone with binoculars or maybe even a drone to keep eyes on the ''walker'', the Sherman house and the general neighbourhood. Maybe HS was followed to the mall and someone alerted the killer that she would be arriving home soon?
There would not be a need to follow BS as he stayed at the office all day, most days, but on the one day he comes home early, he is murdered.

Could that be because HS was the only real target of the killer, but BS had to be killed too because he saw and recognized the killer?
speculation, imo. fwiw rbbm.

''The use of drones has two main purposes: surveillance and assassinations.''
"We saw the drone hovering over the house, and after the murder, it disappeared completely," a relative of the victim told Ynet.''

Surveillance​

For surveillance, the drones are used by hitmen to pinpoint and track their target from afar with minimal chances of exposure, providing field intelligence used to calculate the best moment to strike, and the best route to escape.''

''The majority of killers stalk their victims on social media before murdering them, a study of more than 350 homicides suggests.
The results of a six-month study claim there is a strong correlation between some key stalking behaviours and homicides.
Criminologists found that stalking was present in 94 per cent of the cases they studied and surveillance activity was recorded 63 per cent of the time.''

There also could have been a second ''watcher'', someone with binoculars or maybe even a drone to keep eyes on the ''walker'', the Sherman house and the general neighbourhood. Maybe HS was followed to the mall and someone alerted the killer that she would be arriving home soon?
There would not be a need to follow BS as he stayed at the office all day, most days, but on the one day he comes home early, he is murdered.

Could that be because HS was the only real target of the killer, but BS had to be killed too because he saw and recognized the killer?
speculation, imo. fwiw rbbm.

''The use of drones has two main purposes: surveillance and assassinations.''
"We saw the drone hovering over the house, and after the murder, it disappeared completely," a relative of the victim told Ynet.''

Surveillance​

For surveillance, the drones are used by hitmen to pinpoint and track their target from afar with minimal chances of exposure, providing field intelligence used to calculate the best moment to strike, and the best route to escape.''

''The majority of killers stalk their victims on social media before murdering them, a study of more than 350 homicides suggests.
The results of a six-month study claim there is a strong correlation between some key stalking behaviours and homicides.
Criminologists found that stalking was present in 94 per cent of the cases they studied and surveillance activity was recorded 63 per cent of the time.''

Just my feeling, and there is nothing to prove it, but cold case is cold case - both were targets. These people were billionaires and owned a big company. Be it money or business, both had to go. Maybe they were killed that very day when he came home earlier? Perhaps, during Hanukkah, people’s behavior is more predictable- even workaholics return home earlier?. In general, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah or pre-Christmas, not only the behavior of the people might be more predictable, but also, the behavior of the whole neighborhoods, too. It might help with planning.

Live now, comments (51atm) coming through @ link..
''Now, Donovan will answer reader questions about the case, live.
Check this page on Monday, April 17 at 1 p.m. to post your questions in the comment section, below the “Join the Conversation,” heading, and watch for Donovan’s replies.
To post a comment, register for a free account on thestar.com by choosing “Sign In” in the top right corner.''

Live now, comments (51atm) coming through @ link..
''Now, Donovan will answer reader questions about the case, live.
Check this page on Monday, April 17 at 1 p.m. to post your questions in the comment section, below the “Join the Conversation,” heading, and watch for Donovan’s replies.
To post a comment, register for a free account on thestar.com by choosing “Sign In” in the top right corner.''

There are many excellent questions and answers there.

One person asked if someone may have been in Honey’s car when she ‘pocket dialed’ the architect and was heard laughing for a few seconds.

KD said she was about 10-15 minutes away from Apotex at that point and he liked the question.

(My thought—The mall she was driving to was about 20 minutes from Apotex. The last known call she made was at 6:21. Maybe she was trying to call her friend but called the architect by mistake?)

There are many excellent questions and answers there.

One person asked if someone may have been in Honey’s car when she ‘pocket dialed’ the architect and was heard laughing for a few seconds.

KD said she was about 10-15 minutes away from Apotex at that point and he liked the question.

(My thought—The mall she was driving to was about 20 minutes from Apotex. The last known call she made was at 6:21. Maybe she was trying to call her friend but called the architect by mistake?)
I have also found myself giggling and even laughing loudly in a car while listening to a comedy podcast. If it was 20 seconds and the person who was pocket dialed didn't hear another voice, I think this was totally innocent and irrelevant. I will also always think of Honey whenever I laugh in the car when I'm by myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper