CANADA Canada - Billionaire Couple Barry & Honey Sherman Murdered @ Home - Toronto #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another piece of information I am not sure if accurate but it is in my head, HS asked BS to be home early that Wed night, they had something planned.

The night before - The Tuesday that she missed her meeting, dealing with something, we learned from the podcasts that HS had a team of people in to help de clutter the home and give items away to charity. Who were these people?

Leaves me with the impression the traction for the sale of the home was moving quicker than BS anticipated, they already had an offer, yet they had not de cluttered for the showings? I get the impression HS wanted to get out of this home as soon as possible. Curious why not wait until the new home is finished and then sell 50 Old Colony.

Totally different thought, another nagging detail is the home alarm system. How was it decommissioned? The housekeeper arrived and it was not on as she expected.

Did 50 Old Colony emit any alarms to the alarm monitoring company?
What time was the alarm touched on Wed evening?
Is there an alarm pad close to the underground garage?
Does BS need to enter his code when he enters from the garage?
Did either of them enter their code that Wed night?

We know LE know via neighbor video when HS & BS cars arrived home, was the alarm off before or after HS arrived home? -this would tell us was perp in home when HS arrived home or came in after, possibly on foot following BS in through the garage when he arrived home?

Lastly the Thursday visitor and the Wed night 911 call TPS follow up at a neighbors home, I am surprised that LE did not share more on these facts the public is aware of, if not critical to the case why did LE not tell the public that the Thursday visitor was in fact the alarm company or LE or the furnace guy again or .....

Same with the 911 call - why have LE not shared with the public that this investigation into that 911 call was related to or not related to the murders

The fastest and probably most discreet way in and out of the neighborhood would most likely be by walking along the railroad line at night. At the time of the NW video, the NW was walking towards that direction.

E4F7BEDD-2C4D-4C72-8AE4-667C217BDF14.jpeg
I highlighted the GO train rail in blue. Google maps image.

KD said the last image of the NW/WM was on Bannatyne. I agree the GO railroad route is possible, but how does he avoid cctv cameras getting to the railway? (Or anywhere else for that matter?) It’s maybe 800 metres from the cctv clip, imo.

There’s a green space area to the west that’s possible, imo. Or a car was involved.

ETA: or KD’s information may be wrong, maybe there’s more cctv footage of him.

Last edited:
I think your last sentence is a good possibility. The phones the Shermans had were older model cordless phones. There are issues with those phones because they can self-dial 911 when the battery gets low. So all the 911 dispatchers are going to hear is basically nothing until they disconnect. If it’s an unlisted number I’d think that may take longer to for them to trace it, imo.

From an older Star article about the police testing the Shermans’ landline:

“On Dec. 20, 2017, five days after the bodies were discovered, a Toronto detective was sent to the crime scene at the Sherman home and given a “To-Do List” by a senior detective. The order was to “conduct a 911 test call from the residence.” The detective made a test call that “lasted for 1 minute and 44 seconds” using the landline phone the Shermans had, an old Panasonic phone.

At the same time, detectives examined the Panasonic phone, which keeps the last 10 numbers dialed. What those numbers were is covered by a court seal. Using this information, police obtained a production order from Pringle to check incoming and outgoing calls from the Panasonic phone…

Saturday, after the Star asked Toronto police why they would conduct a “test call” of the home phone and the 911 system from, of all places, the Sherman home, this is what a spokesperson told us:

“The test was done to verify the 911 system was functioning properly. This was included in the ITO because it was a simple way to verify that the number related to production order was the landline at 50 Old Colony Rd. It had nothing to do with whether there was a call to 911 from the household or not on those days beyond ensuring that if a call had been made that it would have gone through normally,” the spokesperson said in a written statement.”’

View attachment 416893
I highlighted the GO train rail in blue. Google maps image.

KD said the last image of the NW/WM was on Bannatyne. I agree the GO railroad route is possible, but how does he avoid cctv cameras getting to the railway? It’s maybe 800 metres from the cctv clip, imo.
There's a park right inbetween that might not have any house cameras.

Deerlick Creek is a possibility, imo. The suspect would have to cross over to the south side of the street and cut through someone’s backyard.

It a rough route, imo, in -22°, dark, lightly snowing conditions. But possible. They’d be able to walk the creek trail n/w or s/e and possibly to a parked car, imo.
653CD443-332B-4830-90F4-95B1FDB5B269.png
google images map

Or they got on a vehicle somewhere close to Bannatyne, or they lived close by, imo.

Updated 32 min. ago.

I haven’t read through everything but there’s some new information from KD:

-the ‘Walking Man’ suspect is referred to as the KILLER in police documents (!!)

-there is some evidence the Shermans were being followed as far back as September, 2017. Notably that’s when the Winter/Barkin case was dismissed. Also in that month Jonathon and Adam transferred 1.5 million from their holding company to build a cottage they jointly own(ed). (Obviously many things happened during that month, but those are the only two things that come to mind at the moment.)

-KD believes the ‘decision to kill them was developed quickly, it was not planned.’

-his sources believe the minor cut on Honey’s face was caused by someone flicking their hand or an object at her

-he’s not aware of any blood found in the home other than the blood smear on the railing close to Honey

-KD thinks the WM/NW was a lookout who entered and left from the side basement door, and another person was at the scene

-his next appearance before the new judge will be in September

-the Sherman heirs apparently were not ever close to their Shechtman cousins. The same family rifts are present.

-the ‘Walking Man’ suspect is referred to as the KILLER in police documents (!!)

-there is some evidence the Shermans were being followed as far back as September, 2017. Notably that’s when the Winter/Barkin case was dismissed. Also in that month Jonathon and Adam transferred 1.5 million from their holding company to build a cottage they jointly own(ed). (Obviously many things happened during that month, but those are the only two things that come to mind at the moment.)

-KD believes the ‘decision to kill them was developed quickly, it was not planned.’

-his sources believe the minor cut on Honey’s face was caused by someone flicking their hand or an object at her

-he’s not aware of any blood found in the home other than the blood smear on the railing close to Honey

-KD thinks the WM/NW was a lookout who entered and left from the side basement door, and another person was at the scene

-the Sherman heirs apparently were not ever close to their Shechtman cousins. The same family rifts are present.
That’s quite strange that the Sherman heirs weren’t close to their Shechtman cousins, considering how much time their mother’s spent together.
Was there a large age gap difference between both sets of children, or did Barry’s heirs resent the generosity of their parents to their cousins.

I wonder what made the police call him the killer. Was it evidence based or were they reaching? Fascinating.

His interview with JS took place in JS' freezing garage for several hours - the freezing part was mentioned in a previous podcast. Why would JS do something like that? Did he hope the cold would shorten the length of the interview? I am looking forward to the remaining podcasts and I'm really glad they're covering different things than the CBC podcast.

I really hope there are charges soon so things come to light.

Updated 32 min. ago.
KD says, BS visited a hockey game with a friend on Sunday before the murders. During that game the friend asked about the security systeme at home. BS answered, that he wouldn't need a security systeme, because "If they want to get me, then they will get me" (similar wording).
WHY did that friend talk about something like the home security systeme of the Shermans, when being at a game of the Maple Leafs; how do you come up with the theme then, days before a double murder??? I find it very suspicious. As if BS talked with the future "outlook" himself. Maybe, this person is also walking with a certain gait like the NW? I would like to know .....

The three closest male relatives to BS appear to be JS, KW, and BK.
The three closest male non-relatives to BS appear to be JK, AG, and FDA.
Interesting that one of the three closest male relatives to BS, appears to have fractured relationships with ALL of the three closest male non-relatives to BS, and then some. imo.

KD says, BS visited a hockey game with a friend on Sunday before the murders. During that game the friend asked about the security systeme at home. BS answered, that he wouldn't need a security systeme, because "If they want to get me, then they will get me" (similar wording).
WHY did that friend talk about something like the home security systeme of the Shermans, when being at a game of the Maple Leafs; how do you come up with the theme then, days before a double murder??? I find it very suspicious. As if BS talked with the future "outlook" himself. Maybe, this person is also walking with a certain gait like the NW? I would like to know .....
Earlier in the day, Honey had been at home for her personal training session with her good friend Denise Gold, followed by a three-hour massage given by a woman who provided regular massage therapy to Honey. While Honey was receiving training and massage upstairs that Wednesday, the house was buzzing with activity. One of the couple’s real estate agents, Elise Stern, was present, overseeing workers with the goal of polishing the house for upcoming showings. No viewings were booked by the time Honey left on Wednesday for the architects’ meeting. By the evening, when she arrived home, the workers and the agent were gone. Honey would have used a key to open the side door. Once inside, if she followed her normal routine, she would have left the door unlocked. Barry, if he parked in the driveway and not underground, would then come in the side door when he arrived home. The Sherman couple did not believe in having a security system. There was no alarm on the entrances and windows, and there were no security cameras. The previous weekend, Barry and Honey had had a Sunday dinner prior to attending a Toronto Maple Leafs hockey game with their good friends Leslie Gales and Keith Ray. Over their meal, at the Hot Stove Club at the Air Canada Centre (as it was then named), Gales recalls making what had become a frequent suggestion, telling Barry it would be wise for a man of his wealth to have a security system and perhaps even a driver or bodyguard. “We don’t believe in that stuff,” Barry said in reply. “If they are going to get you, they are going to get you.” Donovan, Kevin. The Billionaire Murders (pp. 296-297). Penguin Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel