Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/digital-forensics-bruce-mcarthur-investigation-1.4524991
Feb 8 2018
Amara McLaughlin
Digital forensics 'vitally important' to Bruce McArthur murder investigation: expert

Forensic examiners are working to unlock alleged Toronto serial killer's electronic footprint
Digital forensics experts are assisting with the investigation of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur to unlock a trove of electronic data that may provide clues about how his victims died.
Earlier he told reporters at a news conference that "searches of online and cellphone activity" are part of this investigation, but would not confirm if police have seized McArthur's computer or cellphone.
It's not only important to preserve the evidence that's on there, then you have to do the analysis to try and link it all together.-Ryan Duquette
Based on what electronic devices are seized from a scene, Duquette says forensic examiners will start by making copies of "everything, including the deleted content" before they start using forensic hardware tools to preserve the integrity of the data.
McArthur was active on Facebook. His account has been disabled, but it previously catalogued his evenings out and vacations, Halloween parties, birthday dinners, concerts and trips to Mexico.

Younger men, who appear to be of Middle Eastern or South Asian descent, showed up in several of his vacation and nightlife pictures.

Duquette says forensic examiners will mine Facebook to see who someone is connected with, "what were they doing on social media and what groups do they belong to."

Dig at property linked to alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur expected to start today

The hope was to begin the careful process of digging up the ground mid-week, though Det-Sgt. Hank Idsinga told CBC Toronto in an email that the timeline was being pushed back because the forensic pathologist's office was busy going through the more than a dozen planters collected from properties where McArthur is known to have worked.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mcarthur-mallory-excavation-1.4526240

I think we will hear about additional charges based on the 15 planters that were taken. JMO

Hm, so it sounds more formal than I had initially thought. Could actually be more charges. Fingers crossed.

Homicide Squad Verified account
@TPSHomicide 2m2 minutes ago

On Thursday Feb8/2018 2pm Homicide Detective Sergeant Hank Idsinga will update media on Bruce McArthur investigation near Mallory Green, the parkette located at Bayview Ave & Moore Ave. Signal/Weather permitting it will be live streamed on Facebook Live http://Facebook.com/TPSHomicide

that wasn't me - it was Tarabull

I think the quote features are messing up for many people, me included

LadyL - ha ha! Math is clearly not my strong point, or connecting those two pieces! Lots to learn. Thanks for the welcome!

Indeed Jasper ... DNA for sure, and what LadyL said, “...BM would have been 51 in 2003...”

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2018/02/08/bruce-mcarthur-alleged-serial-killer-update.html
attachment.php

Smith told the Star he saw police with what appeared to be a radar device to detect objects underground. McArthur performed landscaping work at the house for years and was recommended to the couple by McArthur’s sister. Two to three years ago he had brought three or four planters, roughly a metre high and as wide as the inside of tractor tire, to the house.

Before landscaping, McArthur worked in retail offices as a salesperson in Ontario, including at the Eaton’s department stores in Toronto in the 1970s.
rbbm.

Attachments

• photo_ci_mallory8.jpg
    photo_ci_mallory8.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 222
Another body!! AK positively identified! :(
6 bodies in total all at Mallory Cres.

"literally hundreds of missing persons' cases" which they will go back through after identifying current remains found.

WOW

Poor Andrew.

I feel sick. Something came over me... It shouldn't make a difference, we know he's charged in these murders and that they now have the remains of 6 different people, but to hear that what they've found they can now identify to be the remains of Andrew just deeply upset me. My heart goes out to his friends and family today :heartbeat:.

Insinga is aware of "some of the locations" where the murders occurred.

Poor Andrew.

I feel sick. Something came over me... It shouldn't make a difference, we know he's charged in these murders and that they now have the remains of 6 different people, but to hear that what they've found they can now identify to be the remains of Andrew just deeply upset me. My heart goes out to his friends and family today [emoji813]beat:.
6 plus the 5 they already have?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Poor Andrew.

I feel sick. Something came over me... It shouldn't make a difference, we know he's charged in these murders and that they now have the remains of 6 different people, but to hear that what they've found they can now identify to be the remains of Andrew just deeply upset me. My heart goes out to his friends and family today :heartbeat:.

I know, I felt the exact same way.

Kicked in the gut.

That . How DARE he? :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads