Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so three torsos in two planters. Where were the other 3 victim remains found at Mallory? I didn't think the excavation in the back has started yet so?????

Andrew was one of the planters I assume. The rest were identified by photos found at the residence. So it is possible those other 2 remains are some of the ones already identified, or it is possible they are others.

There must be some obvious damning evidence to know who is gone, without identifying anyone yet (until today).

Andrew was one of the planters I assume. The rest were identified by photos found at the residence. So it is possible those other 2 remains are some of the ones already identified, or it is possible they are others.

There must be some obvious damning evidence to know who is gone, without identifying anyone yet (until today).

But there were remains of six people discovered, not just their photos.

cache.php

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2018/02/08/bruce-mcarthur-alleged-serial-killer-update.html

Those are yellow biohazard bags. This evidence was removed today.

But there were remains of six people discovered, not just their photos.

Source for that? I thought there were 3 remains, and 5 victims identified. Now 6 identified, and 1 verified?

Source for that? I thought there were 3 remains, and 5 victims identified. Now 6 identified, and 1 verified?

See post #658, or todays 2pm media briefing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What I gather is:

LE found evidence (photos) of 5 murders (including Andrew)

So far 6 bodies have been found at Mallory.

Only one of those victims has been identified as Andrew.

There are still 5 bodies unidentified and 4 with photographic evidence. It's not clear if the photos and the bodies are the same people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I gather is:

LE found evidence (photos) of 5 murders (including Andrew)

So far 6 bodies have been found at Mallory.

Only one of those victims has been identified as Andrew.

There are still 5 bodies unidentified and 4 with photographic evidence. It's not clear if the photos and the bodies are the same people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remains of 6 victims at Mallory Crescent, one is Andrew Kinsman.
5 men ID'd via other methods as victims of homicide, one is Andrew Kinsman.
That means there are potentially 10 separate victims so far, and a minimum of six victims.

rbbm.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/08/canada-police-to-examine-hundreds-of-missing-persons-cases-for-link-to-serial-killer

Police in Canada’s largest city have said they will re-examine hundreds of missing persons cases after recovering the remains of at least six people from a property connected to alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur.
“It is getting bigger and we are getting more resources as we go along, so it is going to be a very, very extensive investigation,” said DS Hank Idsinga
In addition to a physical search of a number of properties, the investigation now has an extensive digital component. Police are preparing warrants for online service providers. “We are dealing with some agencies overseas,” said Idsinga.

Police admit the list of missing persons is extensive and say they will be going back a number of years to determine if there are connections between McArthur and names on this list.
.McArthur also travelled for work and investigators are also in contact with other police forces in Canada and overseas.

Police hope to begin searching a second location in the coming days.

6 plus the 5 they already have?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
This may have been answered already as I had to step out, but not necessarily. He's charged with the murder of 5 men, one of which is Andrew. Then they have the remains of 6 different people, 1 of which has been identified as Andrew. So that leaves the unidentified remains of 5 people. They might match to those he's already charged with, they might be identified as other victims.

This may have been answered already as I had to step out, but not necessarily. He's charged with the murder of 5 men, one of which is Andrew. Then they have the remains of 6 different people, 1 of which has been identified as Andrew. So that leaves the unidentified remains of 5 people. They might match to those he's already charged with, they might be identified as other victims.
How did they confirm and charge for the murders of the 5 already...did he confess or was there other evidence?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

wow so all 5 of those remains were at the one property? :(
All 6 of them, including Andrew, came from Mallory Cres. They have 15 planters to go through, I believe only 2 or 3 came from this property.

Wonder if the other property is his old family home in Oshawa.

He was there for many years, when he was a travelling salesman.

IMO, this is going to cover a LOT of Ontario, his old sales stomping grounds.

LE does have DNA profiles of at least 2 of the men BA has been charged with murdering.
This is so strange. How could they not at this point have DNA profiles established for all of the victims he's charged with? I could understand it being difficult for Dean, as maybe they couldn't track down his family?

This makes me wonder again what evidence they had to lay these charges? I actually assumed it had to have been DNA in the case of Dean, because he wasn't even reported missing, therefore they wouldn't have his photo. I thought maybe Dean had a DNA profile with TPS already, from another encounter perhaps?

Were the photos labeled with names? Did BM keep a list? I'd assume TPS would have to go on more than that. I'm back at square one.

Remains of 6 victims at Mallory Crescent, one is Andrew Kinsman.
5 men ID'd via other methods as victims of homicide, one is Andrew Kinsman.
That means there are potentially 10 separate victims so far, and a minimum of six victims.
So we can anticipate 1 additional victim/charge for certain. Lets hope they can identify them all. I wonder what happens if they can't? A reporter asked that question re: additional charges, and all Insinga said was "we will deal with that if and when the time comes" or something.

Just catching up. Maybe a bad thing to say but as an archaeologist myself, I love Gruspier even more. What a career. It's amazing the amount of good she's doing with her training. She's gonna get this guy good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper