Canada - Bruce McArthur charged in murders of six men, Toronto, 2010-2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce McArthur had me in a ‘kill position,’ says Toronto man haunted by date with alleged serial killer...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/crim...h-alleged-serial-killer/ar-BBJVHLA?li=AAggNb9

edit: i am sorry as this has been posted already, delete this post if you wish.
Wondering how many people have been unwillingly victimized by this drug and how many result in deaths considered unexplained? imo, speculation.
Cribbin said he was offered a non-alcoholic cocktail, which he quickly downed knowing it contained GHB.

GHB is a drug which, in small doses, causes a euphoric feeling and can heighten a sexual experience. The drug can be used similarly to Rohypnol and is also known as a “date rape” drug as it can quickly cause unconsciousness in higher doses. The difference can be just a few drops.

In this article it says that the unidentified male, whose picture they have released, "His remains were discovered in the planters."

So that's why it was so heavily photoshoped.

I’m not disagreeing that it says that, but I watched the conference and Det. Idsinga was very clear this was a picture of an individual who they believe could be a victim and they believe him to be deceased in this picture. The 7th remains were discovered while basically having leftover parts from piecing the 6 together they knew about. Can someone else confirm I’m not crazy? MSN isn’t local and reliable.. I feel like they bungled that much like CBC did with one of their articles after the update prior :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not disagreeing that it says that, but I watched the conference and Det. Idsinga was very clear this was a picture of an individual who they believe could be a victim and they believe him to be deceased in this picture. The 7th remains were discovered while basically having leftover parts from piecing the 6 together they knew about. Can someone else confirm I’m not crazy? MSN isn’t local and reliable.. I feel like they bungled that much like CBC did with one of their articles after the update prior :/

The original article was from Global News.

In this article it says that the unidentified male, whose picture they have released, "His remains were discovered in the planters."

So that's why it was so heavily photoshoped.
But how could they determine from a picture of an unknown person that the newly discovered remains are his? Doesn‘t make sense to me.

Wow. Could it still be bungled though? Because that is definitely not what came out of the conference :/

CStewart, I am with you..
I believe the media is misinterpretting by mistake or to make false news... IMO.

The detective said that he can't be identified as one of the remains until they know who he is... it makes sense how could they say this pic is this skeletal remains, I am not an anthropologist but common sense says that's not possible. They may think or assume it is but they can not with any certainty make that conclusion until they know who this man is and can match with DNA, dental or medical history...

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

CStewart, I am with you..
I believe the media is misinterpretting by mistake or to make false news... IMO.

The detective said that he can't be identified as one of the remains until they know who he is... it makes sense how could they say this pic is this skeletal remains, I am not an anthropologist but common sense says that's not possible. They may think or assume it is but they can not with any certainty make that conclusion until they know who this man is and can match with DNA, dental or medical history...

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

I’m going to send Global a message. They need to fix it (with a retraction) if it’s wrong! Whatever happened to integrity in journalism? I had to do this with CBC as well. It only took them 2 hours to fix their mistake at least..

I’m going to send Global a message. They need to fix it (with a retraction) if it’s wrong! Whatever happened to integrity in journalism? I had to do this with CBC as well. It only took them 2 hours to fix their mistake at least..

By retraction, might ya mean correction?

Retractions are very rare; corrections are far more common.

“An alteration that changes the main point of the original statement is generally referred to as a retraction while an alteration that leaves the main point of a statement intact is usually referred to simply as a correction. Depending on the circumstances, either a retraction or correction is the appropriate remedy.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retraction

By retraction, might ya mean correction?

Retractions are very rare; corrections are far more common.

“An alteration that changes the main point of the original statement is generally referred to as a retraction while an alteration that leaves the main point of a statement intact is usually referred to simply as a correction. Depending on the circumstances, either a retraction or correction is the appropriate remedy.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retraction

A correction wouldn’t be noticed. If other news are copying from them.. they should offer a retraction or publicly admit the correction.

A correction wouldn’t be noticed. If other news are copying from them.. they should offer a retraction or publicly admit the correction.

OT

The correction of a mistake isn’t a retraction. Retraction is (usually) pulling the entire story due to fundamental fault with the story and the methods by which it was reported, etc.

The newspaper isn’t responsible, ethically or legally, if other news sources don’t independently verify their own reporting before it’s published.

In fact, if another news source doesn’t perform due diligence in independently verifying a story written and published by that organization, it could open itself to additional legal vulnerability (negligence in suits claiming libel, etc).

An easily made correction (online and in print — although wire services have their own method; the correction of a wire story is sent to every member news organization as part of its service) isn’t the same thing as a retraction. (Example link below.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...edia/cnn-retraction-trump-scaramucci.amp.html

OT

The correction of a mistake isn’t a retraction. Retraction is (usually) pulling the entire story due to fundamental fault with the story and the methods by which it was reported, etc.

The newspaper isn’t responsible, ethically or legally, if other news sources don’t independently verify their own reporting before it’s published.

In fact, if another news source doesn’t perform due diligence in independently verifying a story written and published by that organization, it could open to additional legal vulnerability (negligence in suits claiming libel, etc).

An easily made correction (online and in print — although wire services have their own method; the correction of a wire story is sent to every member news organization as part of its service) isn’t the same thing as a retraction. (Example link below.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile...edia/cnn-retraction-trump-scaramucci.amp.html

Thank you for the information.

Dozens of tips come in after police ask for help IDing possible McArthur victim
WARNING: This story contains a graphic image of an unidentified man believed to be dead

"...Det.-Sgt. Hank Idsinga says investigators are sifting through information they've received, but says identifying the man could take weeks.

Police have said the man was dead when the picture was taken, but won't say when or how they obtained the image...."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/mcarthur-victim-photo-1.4564160
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apologies if this was already posted. Clarifying details, imo. [emoji847]

(Note: Graphic details)

March 5 media statement from Toronto Police Service.

Link: http://tpsnews.ca/stories/2018/03/identity-sought-mcarthur-case/

Link to press conference video: https://youtu.be/G44_H1SZbKE

Identity Sought in McArthur Case

By Ron Fanfair, Toronto Police Service Published: 11:55 a.m. March 5, 2018

Police are seeking the public’s help in identifying a man they believe is a victim of Bruce McArthur.

Arrested on January 18, McArthur has been charged with six counts of First Degree murder in relation to the deaths of Selim Esen, Andrew Kinsman, Soroush Mahmaudi, Dean Lisowick, Majeed Kayhan and Skanda Navaratnam.

At a news conference at police headquarters on March 5, investigators released a photograph of an individual they believe is an unidentified victim of McArthur.

“We have utilized numerous investigative techniques to identify this individual and have been unsuccessful,” said D/Sgt. Hank Idsinga. “We have also shown the picture to numerous contacts within the community and have been unsuccessful. I do not want to release this picture and am doing so as a last resort.”

He is asking anyone who recognizes the picture to contact police as soon as possible at 416-808-2021.

“We need to put a name to this face and bring closure to this man’s loved ones,” said Idsinga.

One of the focuses of the investigation has been on human remains found within planters at 53 Mallory Crescent.

“As I have stated before, these remains are of individuals who have been dismembered,” said Idsinga. “They are in various stages of decomposition. Doctors from Ontario Forensic Pathology Services have been doing some very difficult and time-consuming work in attempting to reconstruct these remains and identify them.”

Investigators have recovered the remains of at least seven individuals from the planters seized at Mallory Crescent. Tests are ongoing in an attempt to continue to identify these victims.

Idsinga said that forensic anthropologist Dr. Kathy Gruspier and Ontario’s Chief Forensic Pathologist Dr. Michael Pollanen have been working tirelessly for weeks to put this very crucial part of the case together.

“This particular case has challenged the Ontario Forensic Pathology Service and we have used a multi-disciplinary approach to try and find the truth behind what’s happened,” Dr. Pollanen said. “We have two major centres of gravity in a case like this. The first is there is an overwhelming humanitarian objective to identify the people who, in his case, have gone missing and have been found dismembered and decomposed in planters’ pots. This humanitarian objective of determining who went missing and identifying their bodies is an important application of forensic science and medicine.

“On the other hand and equally important is the creation of a reliable data set that can be used in the criminal justice process. So, it is these two major objectives which have informed our process. This is through teamwork because we need to utilise many different scientific disciplines – pathology, antrophology, dentistry, fingerprints, all of these different modalities are integrated together to understand what’s happened.”

Pollanen said this is the most unique investigation in the history of his organization.

“It is drawing on the talents and expertise of at least everyone in the organization,” he said. “I am very grateful for the dedication of all of our staff in this case, not only because of the gravity of the situation and the technical difficulties presented with the case, but also with the volume of work. So all of those things are challenging, organizationally and individually.”

News worse and worse in this case. :( I begin to wonder how many hours of video Idsinga and crew have to deal with

A good friend was out with his buddy who works where BM is being held. He said that BM has already attempted suicide by smashing his eyeglasses and attempting to swallow them.

This infuriates me. They need to keep him alive as long as possible. There may be SO many more victims. They need to find a way to make this monster cooperate. We need the full truth.

Do we KNOW who was BM's recent room mate? I realize it is a touchy subject but any confirmed/documented info on this?

Do we KNOW who was BM's recent room mate? I realize it is a touchy subject but any confirmed/documented info on this?

I believe it was his son (as one of his bail conditions).

jmo

This infuriates me. They need to keep him alive as long as possible. There may be SO many more victims. They need to find a way to make this monster cooperate. We need the full truth.

I couldn't find the post about him smashing his glasses but I can assure you he has NOTHING that can be smashed. When on suicide watch, he would NOT have any breakables. They don't care if he cannot see, their job is to keep him alive.

I suspect he will keep trying to die, he knows they've got him and his life per se is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristenLoren