Canada - Bruce McArthur- Pleads Guilty - murders of 8 men, Toronto, 2010-2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Idsinga was interviewed on CBC radio this morning. He said the remains they found on July 4 were buried in loose soil 2 to 3 feet underground. It also sounded as if what they're finding are fragments of bone and teeth, which will mean identification will likely take a long time (my inference, not his words.) Sounds like the poor guy can't win - he gave the media unprecedented access to the dig to promote transparency (and to deter reporters from sneaking in) but some are criticizing that it could contaminate the crime scene. Hard to imagine BM's defence credibly arguing that the latest discoveries are somehow unconnected to the evidence they already have!

R.e. contaminating the scene, I thought this site was located on city of Toronto property. I don't think letting the media in was wrong. The remains were inside of the soil so doubtful one of the press would contaminate the remains.

From Vanity Fair:
Bruce McArthur, Toronto’s Accused Landscaper Killer, Was Hiding in Plain Sight All Along
For years, men had been disappearing without a trace from Toronto’s Gay Village. By the time authorities arrested 66-year-old Bruce McArthur for the murders, the truest horror might have been how easily he had operated among them.
Interesting illustrations!
toronto-serial-killer-08-2018-lede.jpg

Homicide is so rare in Canada that Kathy Gruspier, a 56-year-old single mom, is the country's only full-time forensic anthropologist.
Illustration by Tomer Hanuka.

From Vanity Fair:
Bruce McArthur, Toronto’s Accused Landscaper Killer, Was Hiding in Plain Sight All Along
For years, men had been disappearing without a trace from Toronto’s Gay Village. By the time authorities arrested 66-year-old Bruce McArthur for the murders, the truest horror might have been how easily he had operated among them.
Thank you! This is an excellent article and summary of the entire case, although it's a shame it stops just before the most recent discoveries. I imagine the author (who is Canadian) is planning further pieces on McArthur ...?

Idsinga mentioned the dogs making false positives and I would think that is a very likely possibility. I wonder if BM used that compost pile to fill planters or spread dirt on Mallory Cres. and other properties he was contracted to landscape thus making some of the false positive hits correct after all? That pile in the news footage is a rather large area of debris for compost.

More likely clippings hauled in from other properties around Toronto. It’s not a burial. It’s a compost pile that was dumped off a cliff behind the house.

Missing Ontario man’s family reacts to discovery of human remains

“Judi Riley has been tirelessly advocating for changes to the way missing persons cases are handled by Canadian law enforcement. Her brother, Jon Riley, has been missing for more than five years. She launched an online petition and detailed the challenges she said her family endured trying to get his disappearance taken seriously.”

Please consider adding your signature to the 18,668. Right now, police in Canada aren’t required to take a missing persons report. Lose your car, and they’ll act. Lose your brother, and they’ll tell you he chose to vacate his life.

Sign the Petition

Idsinga said the remains they found on the first day were buried 2 - 3 feet underground (maybe under the compost heap?)

An old man likely isn’t going to scale a hill to bury the remains. The area is obscured by trees. He likely dumped everything from the top of the hill. They’ve searched over 100 properties — clients of his landscape business. He hauled a tremendous amount of green waste from those properties.

It doesn’t make sense that the remains found this week belong to the men buried in the pots. But, the police are reporting that this week’s remains could match the pots, which means they don’t have a full set of remains of the men.

I just hope DNA doesn’t take months.

Attachments

• BF4C6372-594E-448D-B771-E041787C19EA.jpeg
    BF4C6372-594E-448D-B771-E041787C19EA.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 6
An old man likely isn’t going to scale a hill to bury the remains. The area is obscured by trees. He likely dumped everything from the top of the hill. They’ve searched over 100 properties — clients of his landscape business. He hauled a tremendous amount of green waste from those properties.

It doesn’t make sense that the remains found this week belong to the men buried in the pots. But, the police are reporting that this week’s remains could match the pots, which means they don’t have a full set of remains of the men.

I just hope DNA doesn’t take months.

But Idsinga definitely said (live, on radio) that the remains were buried 2-3 feet under loose soil. Possibly, BM dumped the soil later to cover them - or possibly, as suggested earlier, he had help. (Not a pleasant thought.)

They never said they recovered complete remains from the planters. "Remains" is such an ambiguous term - could be anything from one tooth or bone fragment to a complete body.

I was thinking you meant a gravesite that he dug. I hope everything discovered is connected to the 8 men. It won’t explain the snuff videos and photos. There will alswaya be the lingering questions of how many dump sites and how many victims. Before Bruce McArthur, our worst case scenario was that our brother fell off a cliff somewhere isolated while hiking. This grisly horror story that families of the missing have been pulled into is beyond comprehension. Nobody should leave this earth as scattered remains dumped behind a house.

But Idsinga definitely said (live, on radio) that the remains were buried 2-3 feet under loose soil. Possibly, BM dumped the soil later to cover them - or possibly, as suggested earlier, he had help. (Not a pleasant thought.)

They never said they recovered complete remains from the planters. "Remains" is such an ambiguous term - could be anything from one tooth or bone fragment to a complete body.
i

I was thinking you meant a gravesite that he dug. I hope everything discovered is connected to the 8 men. It won’t explain the snuff videos and photos.

I've been following this case but clearly I've missed something and haven't been following close enough. This is the first I've read about snuff videos.

I've been following this case but clearly I've missed something and haven't been following close enough. This is the first I've read about snuff videos.

This is how they’ve laid charges before identifying the remains. That’s why they have 8 charges and 7 identifies remains. Idsinga has frequently said they expect to find more remains. The computer photos don’t include headshots.

This is how they’ve laid charges before identifying the remains. That’s why they have 8 charges and 7 identifies remains. Idsinga has frequently said they expect to find more remains. The computer photos don’t include headshots.

Idsinga has confirmed that they found digital photographs (and we don't know what the images were or contained, but they were sufficient for the original charges), but he has never mentioned videos, as far as I recall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back