Found Deceased Canada - Cameron Bailie, 27, Oshawa, Ont, 10 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are these the shoes that were posted on the search FB page a couple of days ago? I just looked at it appears the lady who found them deleted the picture after posting out of respect to the family. She also posted a pic of a car parked nearby. Is the car believed to be connected?

Oh no.

Investigators believe a pair of shoes found near Oshawa harbour belong to Cameron.

@DRPS

[video=twitter;821806829986578434]https://twitter.com/drps/status/821806829986578434[/video]

So sad. I just read about Cam in a local chat group in Kitchener Waterloo. He seems to have very many caring, loving people wishing him to return. Praying hard for a positive outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no. This is not good. I was coming to post that I've seen Cameron's missing poster all over my neighbourhood in Toronto. I'm near the Go Station so maybe he took a train here. Sadly, I've seen the shoe thing before. :(

I agree Matou. I have not been on Websleuths for awhile & although the circumstances may be different, it is eerily reminiscent of the case of the Whitby teacher & jogger a few years ago that a number of us followed. I hope he is found safe but as days pass, this is not good. Thoughts and prayers to Cameron's family. It's a living nightmare for them.

I agree Matou. I have not been on Websleuths for awhile & although the circumstances may be different, it is eerily reminiscent of the case of the Whitby teacher & jogger a few years ago that a number of us followed. I hope he is found safe but as days pass, this is not good. Thoughts and prayers to Cameron's family. It's a living nightmare for them.

Nice to see you posting dairydog!

I spoke with a family member of Cameron's today, and have no information beyond what is publicly available except that the police will finally be canvasing our condo complex tonight and tomorrow.

I don't for even a second believe he's here - it's too small a complex to keep that hidden, but I truly hope someone remembers SOMETHING that could help.

Police are going through the complex currently.

I wish I had information to offer them - I hope someone does !

Cameron Bailie Search Group facebook page

https://en-gb.facebook.com/groups/383771105318986/

Family, friends and community members are still searching and putting up flyers. Saying not enough people are coming out. It does not seem very organized, more like individual efforts. People don't know which areas to search and where searches have already been done etc. I'm not criticizing, just an observation. It would be great if they had an experienced organisation helping them focus the searches.

Bumping to see if anyone has any info or thoughts on this case.

Thanks,
Tricia

This is so sad to read... Oshawa's my hometown and I spent most of my life there in the south end. Living in Peterborough you lose touch with the goings on in the area, it's said when updated it ends up something sad like this. Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

It appears the mother of Cameron Bailie's son is also the sister of Michael Cummins. Michael went missing in 1995 apparently somewhere in Lake Ontario. His body has never been found. Recently shoes, possibly belonging to Cameron, have been found near the waters edge. The coincidence is frightening. First her brother and now her baby's Father.....really weird!

It appears the mother of Cameron Bailie's son is also the sister of Michael Cummins. Michael went missing in 1995 apparently somewhere in Lake Ontario. His body has never been found. Recently shoes, possibly belonging to Cameron, have been found near the waters edge. The coincidence is frightening. First her brother and now her baby's Father.....really weird!

This Michael Cummins ?!!!
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Missing-Teens-Pickering-Ontario-17-March-1995
[h=2]Canada - 6 Missing Teens, Pickering, Ontario, 17 March 1995[/h]
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1252dmon.html
MCummins.jpg

Michael Richard James Cummins
Missing since March 17, 1995 from Pickering, Ontario.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: June 6, 1977
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10" (178 cm); 154 lbs (70 kg)
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Blue eyes; brown hair.
    [*]Marks, Scars: His left ear is pierced.

Yes...this Michael Cummins! The mother of Cameron Bailie's son is also the sister of this Michael Cummins that has been missing since 1995. Frightening!

Wonder if Cameron B regularly wore any type of jewellery and has left it behind? Thinking of this chilling, but bitter-sweet exchange with M Cummins and his mom before he went missing, fwiw..

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/when-all-thats-left-is-hope/article977163/?page=all
Mar. 17, 2009
Before he went off to join his friends on that final night, Michael Cummins said goodbye in a way that struck his mother as odd at the time, and has haunted her ever since.
"He took off his necklace and charms and he said, 'Here, Mom, wear these,' " Ms. Cummins says, recalling the gold chain onto which her son had strung a small horn, his initials, an eagle and the words I Love You.
"After all that's happened, I thought [the disappearance]was planned, because why would he take his charms off and tell me to keep them and wear them?"

This is just speculation: It has been reported that Cameron missed a visit with his young son. This indicates to me that Cameron and the baby's mother were estranged. Her FB shows her in a new relationship on Jan 5. Could this have been a cause for anguish? Did Cameron want to make her suffer like she has over her missing brother?

Wondering:

Were the shoes found (and confirmed to be Cameron's) left at the Oshawa Harbour so the assumption would be that he went into the lake?

I have not heard of any water searches....why?

Has there been any type of watercraft reported stolen?

Have there been searches done at the Pickering Harbour?

Wondering:

Were the shoes found (and confirmed to be Cameron's) left at the Oshawa Harbour so the assumption would be that he went into the lake?

I have not heard of any water searches....why?

Has there been any type of watercraft reported stolen?

Have there been searches done at the Pickering Harbour?
This is from January 19, so maybe they do not think he entered the water? imo, speculation.
http://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/100164
Friends and family of a missing Oshawa man gathered at Lakeview Park to search for him Thursday. About thirty-people combed the shores of Lake Ontario, looking for any sign of 27-year-old Cameron Bailie. They also handed out flyers, asking people to check their property to make sure Bailie isn’t there. Durham police found shoes believed to be Bailie’s near the Oshawa harbour and although they did conduct an underwater search, there currently aren’t any plans to do a water search again
rbbm.

This is from January 19, so maybe they do not think he entered the water? imo, speculation.
http://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/100164

rbbm.

Or is it too cold to go in again?

ETA: it's around 0C, freezing and snowing. Certainly not possible for volunteers without proper equipment. But I read on the fb page one guy is searching all the marshes, and people repeatedly walk the shorelines to see if anything washed up. .

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back