DNA Solves
https://twitter.com/RyanKGlobal

Ryan Kessler
‏
Verified account

@RyanKGlobal
2h2 hours ago
More
Most of the scene of the Humboldt Broncos crash was cleared overnight and should reopen today. Known as Armley Corner, local first responders say it’s a trouble spot for collisions. Six crosses from a previous crash sit at the corner. #HumboldtStrong

Here is one of the photo's, it's from ground level, and gives a better perspective of that corner with the trees, stop sign, and if you zoom in you can see the signs that show North (left), East (straight), South (right).

accident photo.jpg

"While snow was on the ground at the time of the collision, there was no active weather in the area. Winds were relatively calm at about 15 km/h with clear skies."

Broncos Crash: Investigation continues, $3 million raised
https://www.theweathernetwork.com/n...-condition-rcmp-weather-nipawin-tisdale/98926

"While most of the players were from elsewhere in western Canada, they were put up by families in the small town of Humboldt. Billeting families are a large part of junior hockey, with players spending years with host families.

Dennis Locke, his wife and three young children came to the arena to hang posters of forward Jaxon Joseph, who is the son of former NHL player Chris Joseph. The Locke family housed Joseph and treated him like a son.

"Best person ever," Locke said. "Down to earth, loved playing with the kids."

His wife wiped away tears from swollen eyes."

Canadian town mourns: 15 die when truck, bus collide
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/canada-reels-15-die-truck-hockey-team-bus-54316316

attachment.php

Winnipeg Jets and Chicago Blackhawks players wear "BRONCOS" on the back of their jerseys instead of their own names in a tribute to young players from Humboldt, Sask., who died in a bus crash, April 7, 2018. *(Canadian Press via Associated Press)

NHL players, fans pay tribute to Humboldt bus crash victims
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2018/...ay-tribute-to-humboldt-bus-crash-victims.html

Attachments

• 1523176918659-1.jpg
    1523176918659-1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 185
My husband is a career over the road truck driver. He's been physically sick with the details that are coming out. All those lives lost. And the truck driver.... What he is facing. Part of him wishes the truck driver was at fault because he was on his phone.... Or fell asleep.... Not to take away at all from the horror or pain of this tragedy. Not to make it ok. But because he can't fathom being that driver. An ordinary guy trying to make a living and support a family - and being responsible for all this. I'm not sure that makes sense...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Humboldt Broncos player Logan Boulet on life support, will donate organs

The family of a Humboldt Broncos player from Lethbridge who was injured in a tragic bus crash Friday night says Logan Boulet is on life support – and will donate his organs to six people in need.

The statement from the family is as follows:

Despite other media reports today, Logan’s strong heart continues to beat this evening. The final harvesting of Logan’s organs will take place overnight, now that he has positive matches for all organs donated. He is giving new hope to at least six different people. Logan made it clear previously that he signed his donor card as soon as he turned 21. Even in his eventual passing, he will be a selfless hero.

My husband is a career over the road truck driver. He's been physically sick with the details that are coming out. All those lives lost. And the truck driver.... What he is facing. Part of him wishes the truck driver was at fault because he was on his phone.... Or fell asleep.... Not to take away at all from the horror or pain of this tragedy. Not to make it ok. But because he can't fathom being that driver. An ordinary guy trying to make a living and support a family - and being responsible for all this. I'm not sure that makes sense...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don't think I could live anymore if I caused a tragedy like this. I would be destroyed forever.

Snipped...
...Hassan Masri once cared for airstrike victims in Syria's civil war, but that didn't harden him to the injuries he and other emergency staff at Saskatoon's Royal University Hospital saw Friday night after a horrific bus crash that killed 15 people.

The hospital declared a "code orange" meaning mass casualties are expected.

Read more: https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-223140-4-.htm#223140

https://twitter.com/RyanKGlobal

Ryan Kessler
‏
Verified account

@RyanKGlobal
2h2 hours ago
More
Most of the scene of the Humboldt Broncos crash was cleared overnight and should reopen today. Known as Armley Corner, local first responders say it’s a trouble spot for collisions. Six crosses from a previous crash sit at the corner. #HumboldtStrong

Here is one of the photo's, it's from ground level, and gives a better perspective of that corner with the trees, stop sign, and if you zoom in you can see the signs that show North (left), East (straight), South (right).

View attachment 132622

I hope changes will be made to this junction if it is determined that is responsible for the accident.

“Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will attend a vigil in a small farming town in Saskatchewan province on Sunday evening to mourn the victims of a bus crash which killed 15 people and left 14 others in hospital.

The Friday night accident sent shock waves across a hockey-loving nation, devastated the Humboldt Broncos ice hockey team and plunged the community of fewer than 6,000 people into grief.

Trudeau will attend the vigil, his office said on Sunday. Canada's Minister of Public Safety Ralph Goodale will join him.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-Canada-bus-crash-victims.html#ixzz5C7LfJ6mn

I don't think I could live anymore if I caused a tragedy like this. I would be destroyed forever.

i am not sure if he was going like really fast

ok maybe

it is out in the middle of nowhere

if he made a mistake

that is human

he is suffering

what i dont get is that speed has not been discussed at all

but i also wonder if he was just exhausted

it is out in middle of nowhere

18 wheeler exhaustion

need speeds only moo and drug screens

The Crazy Cannon Clan, as her family calls themselves, have been been billeting players with the Humboldt Broncos for the past five years, an experience she calls unlike any other.

"We aren't built to not get attached. We take every single boy that's ever come into our house right into our hearts and into our family," she said. "They're children of our heart from the moment they walk in our door. We don't just feed them and house them, we care about them."

Her last three billet sons, as she calls them, were Xavier Labelle, 18, Logan Hunter, 18 and Adam Herold, 16. They were among the 15 people with the junior hockey team that did not survive the team bus crash on Friday night.

board-games.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/humboldt-broncos-team-bus-crash-three-billet-sons-billeting-experience-1.4610453

(I'm still crying. :tears:)

Snipped...
...Hassan Masri once cared for airstrike victims in Syria's civil war, but that didn't harden him to the injuries he and other emergency staff at Saskatoon's Royal University Hospital saw Friday night after a horrific bus crash that killed 15 people.

The hospital declared a "code orange" meaning mass casualties are expected.

Read more: https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-223140-4-.htm#223140

This doctor made a facebook post yesterday morning. I hope it's okay if I post it here.

Hassan McMasri
Yesterday at 8:57am ·

Last night can only be described as the longest, worst and most tragic night of my career. The images can’t be unseen or forgotten, the stories can’t be unheard or ignored. Meeting each family and explaining the extent of each injury was nothing short of a painful exercise of cruelty. Families waiting for hours to identify their loved ones and smiling of joy at the idea of a significant injury as long as it meant that their loved one was alive brought chills to my spine.

I want to thank you few people and I know I will forget some. The performance during this code orange was nothing but phenomenal.

1- first and foremost: the nurses in the emergency department and in the ICU. Your tears made it easier for my tears to flow. Your passion, care and love is so admirable. I thank you for being the amazing humans that you are. You saved many lives and comforted 100s of other lives.

2- The physicians who came in from everywhere to help. Anesthesiologist, General surgeons, emergency department physicians, neurosurgeons, radiologists. You all put eveything aside including your own families and came and put your head down and got to work. You called in and insisted that we call you if we can use you.

3- The respiratory therapists who are often overlooked were the silent heroes as always.

4- the hospital organization and the Saskatchewan Health Authority for making sure that this horrible national tragedy was less painful than what it is already.

5- To the talented residents that stepped up to the challenge and helped beyond what is expected of them.

6- To the social workers who will be hurting silently today after hearing all those tragic stories.

May this be my first and final Code Orange. Never want to see what I saw again.

What an honour to know that you all have helped save a large number of lives.

Thank you everyone and May those painful hours be followed by many hours and days of healing.

What a sad and horrible night.

#SaskatchewanStrong

That first paragraph says it all. This tragedy is far reaching, I hope all those involved get the support that they will need.

ETA: link to his fb https://www.facebook.com/hassanmasri1983

i am not sure if he was going like really fast

ok maybe

it is out in the middle of nowhere

if he made a mistake

that is human

he is suffering

what i dont get is that speed has not been discussed at all

but i also wonder if he was just exhausted

it is out in middle of nowhere

18 wheeler exhaustion

need speeds only moo and drug screens

Hi CARIIS. Do you know what the speed limit is at the accident site? I’m hoping this was a tragic accident and no dangerous driving was involved.

I’ve had a heavy heart since reading this terrible breaking news and posting it here. I find any tragedy involving young people especially hard as they never got the chance to live and fulfill all their hopes and dreams. All of the victims were fine young men who were a credit to their families. The coaches too were hard working, well liked family men.

Hi CARIIS. Do you know what the speed limit is at the accident site? I’m hoping this was a tragic accident and no dangerous driving was involved.

I’ve had a heavy heart since reading this terrible breaking news and posting it here. I find any tragedy involving young people especially hard as they never got the chance to live and fulfill all their hopes and dreams. All of the victims were fine young men who were a credit to their families. The coaches too were hard working, well liked family men.

I believe the speed limit would have been 100 km/h (62 mph).

They did detain and release the truck driver on Friday night. They didn't keep him, my guess is that they had no reason to ... meaning, he was not drinking, and likely no signs of drugs. JMO I do expect the driver to get charged. I don't see a way that this isn't the truck drivers fault, he had a stop sign, the bus had the right of way. I am not sure how I feel about charges right now... that poor guy has to live with this for the rest of his life.

I have just gone to google street view to see that corner. uggh, no doubt that the truck driver didn't see that bus coming and blew that stop sign.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/SK...0db9d793a946d!8m2!3d53.1037202!4d-104.0265533

Tweet from the father of one of the injured players (broken back...with no feeling below the waist. Hopefully surgery treatment to solve that.).
--

Strazsr
‏

@strazsr
25m25 minutes ago
More
We may not agree on Politics. But we sure do agree on Support. sure am proud our Prime Minister and his son showing up and chatting hockey. Thank you very much.

DaS3fmDVwAIYswJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/strazsr

I believe the speed limit would have been 100 km/h (62 mph).

They did detain and release the truck driver on Friday night. They didn't keep him, my guess is that they had no reason to ... meaning, he was not drinking, and likely no signs of drugs. JMO I do expect the driver to get charged. I don't see a way that this isn't the truck drivers fault, he had a stop sign, the bus had the right of way. I am not sure how I feel about charges right now... that poor guy has to live with this for the rest of his life.

I have just gone to google street view to see that corner. uggh, no doubt that the truck driver didn't see that bus coming and blew that stop sign.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/SK...0db9d793a946d!8m2!3d53.1037202!4d-104.0265533

Thank you for the speed limit information. I agree with everything you have said. If charged he is looking at a maximum of 10 to 14 years in prison.

Tweet from the father of one of the injured players (broken back...with no feeling below the waist. Hopefully surgery treatment to solve that.).
--

Strazsr
‏

@strazsr
25m25 minutes ago
More
We may not agree on Politics. But we sure do agree on Support. sure am proud our Prime Minister and his son showing up and chatting hockey. Thank you very much.

DaS3fmDVwAIYswJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/strazsr

Praying for a miracle for this young man. I have spinal problems myself and am disabled so know how tough it can be.

I am very impressed with how Prime Minister Trudeau has handled this tragedy. He seems to genuinely care.

At this point and until all the facts come out I cant imagine being the truck driver. My heart goes out to him. And his Family. How do you live with this. Ordinary day. Doing your job. And now this!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back