Canada - Canadian hockey team fatal bus accident tragedy, 6 April 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At this point and until all the facts come out I cant imagine being the truck driver. My heart goes out to him. And his Family. How do you live with this. Ordinary day. Doing your job. And now this!

Mine too. I don't know how local he is but he is likely a member of the extended community in some way.

overflow room at vigil is already full
:candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle:

Queen Elizabeth has also sent a message....

My husband was watching The Masters, and when it ended, TSN (the Canadian network that was covering it) began to talk about the Humboldt tragedy. They showed a 'video', with the photos of the victims, while an announcer in the background mentioned each person's name and a couple of sentences about that particular person. The poor announcer was having trouble keeping it together. At first her voice began to break, and then she actually had to briefly stop talking before she could continue. The thought of losing these people, and so many young ones, is just too much for so many people to deal with.

In their livestream (while they wait for the vigil to start at the top of the hour) CBC interviewed the bus driver's son. The poor guy is gutted, but what hit me most was that he so desperately wanted his dad to be "included" as part of the team in any memorial events, and not cast off to the side (i.e. oh, and there was also the bus driver). I truly hope the people of Humboldt embrace him and consider him family.

There is also a young female athletic trainer who was very badly injured on the bus. I hope her family is embraced as well.

This is so sad. I don't know what to say except God bless

This is just too much. I question everything in life at times like this. Just too sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh he looks so broken. I can’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Geringer, President of the Humboldt Broncos (and Director of the local school board), is one of the strongest human beings I have ever seen.
I wonder how he will get through this, carrying everyone on his shoulders.

Kevin Geringer, President of the Humboldt Broncos (and Director of the local school board), is one of the strongest human beings I have ever seen.
I wonder how he will get through this, carrying everyone on his shoulders.

This is not something he could have prepared for but he comes across so strong and wise.

find solidarity in grief amongst all human beings...

this is sacred

:grouphug:

tonights broncos game would have started at 7:30

a minute of silence

:candle:

"It is now 7:32. The Broncos game would have started at 7:30. Please join me in a moment of silence."

(I see Don Cherry, but it stands to reason...)

I'm looking at the faces of some of the young guys at this service....they look like they are thinking that God let them down and they don't buy it. Who supports them? I'm just wondering. What if someone isn't a Christian. Who supports them?

And now the Catholic priest is saying that God shows his mercy. :(

All in, it was a lovely service. It was very touching. But it was really geared toward people of the Christian faith (recognizing that 90% of the people in the community would find comfort in that.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back