GUILTY Canada - Catherine 'Catie' Miller, 29, Dartmouth, NS, 15 July 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't understand why it took so long either but it sounds to me like someone talked

Investigators have very good reason to believe the 29-year-old electrician was murdered the day she was last heard from by her relatives, Perrin said, adding that he couldn’t reveal how or why police know that.

Also, why an old cellphone? The Dartmouth Sportsplex most certainly have cctv

After the press conference, police spokesman Const. Pierre Bourdages said one of Miller’s old cellphones, found at the Dartmouth Sportsplex after she was missing, was not of any use in the investigation.

I live nearby as well GinaBeth and I'm wondering, as an acquaintance of Catie's if you have any idea why she rented an apartment in that part of town? There are certainly much safer, nicer and convenient (since she had no vehicle) apartments in Dartmouth at comparable prices. Why did she have any sort of relationship at all with a career criminal with no fixed address. I see them setting up the Christmas Market at Alderney where her vigil was held and her missing posters are still hung up everywhere-it just breaks my heart. I will be thinking of this lovely young lady and her family a lot throughout this holiday season and praying that come February they begin to get some well deserved answers and justice. What a tragic outcome.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/...-murder-of-missing-halifax-woman-catie-miller

I wish I could tell you her specific reasons for choosing that location but I just don't know. While there are others in the area for comparable price/distance to transit etc perhaps it was the easiest for her to obtain with a not so great employment history? There have been some attempts in that specific area at gentrification and perhaps she was looking forward to/hoping for more of that. Just as an example this new cafe http://www.thedarksidecafe.ca/ is quite lovely and a quick walk from her apartment. Personally, I spent several years living just up on Victoria road almost a straight shot from her new apartment and not once did I feel unsafe.

As to the nature of her relationship to the accused that's a big question mark for me. I can say though Catie had a huge heart, and a strong sometimes blinding desire to see the good in people.
If she thought there was something she could do to help you out she would, even to her own detriment at times. I believe the accused saw this nature in her.

I wish I could tell you her specific reasons for choosing that location but I just don't know. While there are others in the area for comparable price/distance to transit etc perhaps it was the easiest for her to obtain with a not so great employment history? There have been some attempts in that specific area at gentrification and perhaps she was looking forward to/hoping for more of that. Just as an example this new cafe http://www.thedarksidecafe.ca/ is quite lovely and a quick walk from her apartment. Personally, I spent several years living just up on Victoria road almost a straight shot from her new apartment and not once did I feel unsafe.

As to the nature of her relationship to the accused that's a big question mark for me. I can say though Catie had a huge heart, and a strong sometimes blinding desire to see the good in people.
If she thought there was something she could do to help you out she would, even to her own detriment at times. I believe the accused saw this nature in her.

Thanks for your insightful comments !

I was thinking that given she was a single mom she may have had difficulties with obtaining child support and since she was just finishing her schooling/training if finances were a big issue for her ((just like it is for many single moms)).

WOW

Just hit on the cafe link

That logo brings back memories
Saw those stacks everyday

Heartbroken for Catie and her family

Her Parents will be speaking to the media in the morning.

"Police believe Catie Miller, who has a young son, was killed the day she went missing and the case was ruled a homicide based on “many, many” pieces of evidence".

http://metronews.ca/news/halifax/12...publicly-on-wednesday-about-daughters-murder/

"Halifax Regional Police believe Catherine Miller, a 29-year-old Dartmouth woman who has been missing for several months, was killed in Hants County and her body transported to Halifax, according to new documents filed in court".

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/catie-miller-killed-hants-county-212059513.html

So-it's secretly been a homicide investigation for months. I can't help but feel that, if the Crimestoppers reward money had reflected the nature of the investigation, that Catie's case would have been solved a long time ago. Imagine how much pain this may have saved her family, and the community.

News Release from Halifax Police Dept. Sharing because the Chronicle Herald (local paper) sometimes limits access/# of views to their page.

Update in Catie Miller investigation – human remains located
Police Media Releases - Wednesday, Nov 26, 2014 at 4:12pm

Investigators in the Homicide Unit of the Integrated Criminal Investigation Division searching for potential evidence in the Catie Miller murder investigation have located human remains.

Earlier this afternoon, investigators working one of the scenes located human remains. It has yet to be determined if they are the remains of murder victim Catie Miller. The location of the discovery of the remains will not be released at this time to protect the on-going investigation.

The man and the woman arrested earlier today are still in police custody and although charges are anticipated against them, no charges have been laid at this point.

Further updates will be released as the investigation allows.

Catie was ''finished'' with the man arrested in April 2014 according to this link

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/...found-in-evidence-search-in-catie-miller-case

''The Miller family first heard Johnson’s name in March. Then, around Easter time, “Catie did tell us that she was finished with him,” John Miller said."

I understood that the 2 that were 'arrested' yesterday, need to be charged by 7:30 a.m. today. Hopefully we will have more news soon.

Police still guarding scene where investigators were yesterday in connection with miller case. #cbcns http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3ckf8nCYAAdTVK.jpg

by Craig Paisley via twitter on ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2014 at ‎4‎:‎59‎:‎43‎ ‎AM

The second man arrested George Hubley has a facebook page. I'm holding off on linking it until there is a photo of him released by media/police as I want to be 100% certain I have the right profile. It is however readily found by searching his name on fb, looks pretty inactive with a handful of selfies from 2007.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020
Back