CANADA Canada - Cedrika Provencher, 9, Trois-Rivieres, QC, 31 July 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for the responses. I hope they find evidence in his house, something to charge him with. Even if he gets the maximum on the child *advertiser censored* charges, it's not the same as actually charging him with her murder.
His behavior has been very suspicious; cleaning the car, selling it in the USA, refusing to pass the polygraph repeatedly... Add to that being seen in the area at the time of the disappearance and having a child *advertiser censored* addiction (that didn't stop even when he knew he was a suspect no less)... It really doesn't look good.

People like him often contribue to their own downfall so I'm not surprised that he got caught on other charges. If the SQ find Cedrika's picture in his laptop or a document at his workplace that talks about her then I think it will be the end of the road for him. I also have a hard time believing that he did this and didn't tell anybody since 2007.

According to locals, This guy also had a "out of court agreement" in another case of child molestation prior to CP dissapeareance. Can the police be aware of this if it's only out of court? Can we trace anywhere for proof?

Out of court matters are very private and not made public. The only way to trace this for proof would be to send a request to the parties involved using the Quebec's law with regards to free access to information.

Ok . Imagine the guilt of the parents that received a large amount of money to shut their mouth ... if this out of court ever happened...

Ok . Imagine the guilt of the parents that received a large amount of money to shut their mouth ... if this out of court ever happened...

We don't know that the out of court agreement even happened, I didn't hear much about it from local Quebec media and either way there is a good chance that journalists were told not to speak about it. But it's not like giving money to people to shut them up in a criminal investigaion has never been done before.

What I don't get is this information that Cedrika had told someone she had a meeting the night of her disappearance. This would imply that she had prior contact with the suspect AND that someone knew she would be out with a stranger that night and just let her go.

What I don't get is this information that Cedrika had told someone she had a meeting the night of her disappearance. This would imply that she had prior contact with the suspect AND that someone knew she would be out with a stranger that night and just let her go.

I didn't understand that part either. Does this mean that she had a meeting with HIM or just someone, a friend her age, etc?

Listening back to the Parent interview, this is roughly what he said : "We had established a timeline for her disappearance and for the three days prior. The suspect made numerous trips back-and-forth between the Chapais park and the place where she was found. Witnesses put him at these places on the day of Cedrika's disappearance. Furthermore, we know that Cedrika had told someone that she had a meeting with someone on the night of her disappearance. So we assume that that person had given her a meeting point which was near the Chapais park where her bike was ultimately found." This is just getting strange now and I don't understand what Parent is implying.

Information is starting to come out about what he did on that day, good. A lot of people have been protecting him and covering up things for far too long.

Listening back to the Parent interview, this is roughly what he said : "We had established a timeline for her disappearance and for the three days prior. The suspect made numerous trips back-and-forth between the Chapais park and the place where she was found. Witnesses put him at these places on the day of Cedrika's disappearance. Furthermore, we know that Cedrika had told someone that she had a meeting with someone on the night of her disappearance. So we assume that that person had given her a meeting point which was near the Chapais park where her bike was ultimately found." This is just getting strange now and I don't understand what Parent is implying.
Wth????

I'm just reporting what was stated, I don't have more information for now. I'm surprised that both Parent and Poirier are allowed to share undisclosed information to the general public.

I need help from a french speaking member. I just listened to this radio show at the link (French language). Is the host saying that Bettez had many many maps of the area and of a Google map on his computer of the area of where Cedrika's skull was discovered? Near the end of the tape. You may need to disable your to listen to the show.

https://radiox.com/contenu/claude-p...aître-rancourt-accusations-de-bettez-de-a-à-z

I need help from a french speaking member. I just listened to this radio show at the link (French language). Is the host saying that Bettez had many many maps of the area and of a Google map on his computer of the area of where Cedrika's skull was discovered? Near the end of the tape. You may need to disable your to listen to the show.

https://radiox.com/contenu/claude-p...aître-rancourt-accusations-de-bettez-de-a-à-z

I'll check that out and get back to you. ^^

French speaker here, he's talking hypothetically and not saying facts. He's talking about what type of information police may find on his computers that could be helpful, like google searches for maps of the area where the body was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back