Found Deceased Canada - Chase Martens, 2, Austin, MB, 22 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is an interesting description of how a grid search is done.

http://sarstoriesnews.blogspot.ca/2009/04/anatomy-of-grid-search.html

In looking at the map, the area surrounding Chase's home bounded by roads (72 Rd to the north, 34 hwy to the east, and other roads to the south and west) is about 2 km by 4 km, or 8 square km which equals about 3 square miles. According to this article, 100 searchers spaced at 20 feet apart would take 9 hours to complete one square mile of search.

So... one would think 300 searchers could cover 3 square miles in 9 hours. Which would mean they could have searched the entire area by now?

It's late, is my math right?

The search for Chase Martens: A first-hand account from the fields

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/lo...t-hand-account-from-the-fields-373482271.html

Good article, but it is sad to think that it is almost preferable to hope that Chance was abducted.
If he was abducted, hoping it was by a well-meaning but deluded person, who likes to bring home ' abandoned " kittens, or a woman who may have recently lost a child of her own.
Unfortunately, the water in the photo does look ominous up close.
imo.

"There’s still no sign there, we think somebody has him," Turner said. "There’s no footprints, there’s no boot, there’s no hat. He’s gone without a trace."

Perhaps, she hopes, the fact her boy can’t be found outside means that he’s at least somewhere safe from the elements.

I'll bet that's it - tire tracks. Looking for any sign of an outsider coming in and whisking Chase away.

If only. :( Looking at the remote location of where the house is, well, I just can't see a stranger abduction here. The photos I've seen show a dirt road leading to the house. They're in the middle of nowhere.

None of this case is making sense any more. I don't believe the parents have done something to Chase but I also don't believe he's been taken. That kind of leaves the water or else the treed areas.

What a bad night - Shaylyn Ammerman was found deceased and Chase is still missing. I guess we should be grateful that the search is continuing throughout tonight. But damn, it doesn't look good:

[video=twitter;713170557261451264]https://twitter.com/angjohnston/status/713170557261451264[/video]

If only. :( Looking at the remote location of where the house is, well, I just can't see a stranger abduction here. The photos I've seen show a dirt road leading to the house. They're in the middle of nowhere.

None of this case is making sense any more. I don't believe the parents have done something to Chase but I also don't believe he's been taken. That kind of leaves the water or else the treed areas.

What a bad night - Shaylyn Ammerman was found deceased and Chase is still missing. I guess we should be grateful that the search is continuing throughout tonight. But damn, it doesn't look good:

[video=twitter;713170557261451264]https://twitter.com/angjohnston/status/713170557261451264[/video]

Sadly, I agree with you about the low probability of it being an abduction. Look at all of that empty land surrounding the home. I would be afraid of trying to go to that home without being detected. Farmhouses in remote areas are notorious for the owners being armed and ready. You can't really sneak up on someone in such a remote area. There are always dogs, and noisy gravelly roads, and wide open views of the long driveways, and lots of workers outside, hearing the car coming up the road...

And the dogs made no noise. I don't think this is an abduction, but I know why the parents would be wishing it so, as it means there is hope he is alive and being cared for, even if it is only a very small one.

I think Chase has just gotten far away and has just not been found yet. Or, maybe not so far, but is well hidden. I get no hinky feelings from these parents, unlike other parents who have the "he just vanished" story, this one feels genuine.

Anyone else find the fathers statement unusual ?

He is talking in third person , like a total stranger who is reading somebody else's script.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba

Arrnie M, I did as well as my DH. We both found it totally flat. I was waiting on someone else to mention his speech before I did because I don't want to come across
as crass.

Just watched the video and dad reading from what either parent had written down on paper or perhaps both had input in what they wanted to say and wrote it down. How very sad, i hope that Chase is found soon and just hoping & praying for them all there, :(

Anyone else find the fathers statement unusual ?

He is talking in third person , like a total stranger who is reading somebody else's script.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba

No, not at all. It sounds like something that the RCMP wrote for him. He is clearly a blue-collar guy, a farmer, and does not seem to be a wordsmith. What he does seem to be is genuinely heartbroken, as is his wife. I hope your post isn't any sort of a clever attempt to suggest that the father is guilty.

And the dogs made no noise. I don't think this is an abduction, but I know why the parents would be wishing it so, as it means there is hope he is alive and being cared for, even if it is only a very small one.

I think Chase has just gotten far away and has just not been found yet. Or, maybe not so far, but is well hidden. I get no hinky feelings from these parents, unlike other parents who have the "he just vanished" story, this one feels genuine.

I agree, and i keep thinking of little Noah Chamberlin and how Noah was found in an area that had been already searched once. If no one saw what direction Chase went then he could be anywhere out there and they just haven't found him yet.

I think the statement was prepared for them and he seemed to have a little trouble reading. I think that caused him to sound flat, but he definitely showed true, raw sorrow by the end of it in my opinion.

Weather is not cooperating ..... 2 inches of wet snow and overnight temperatures went 10 degrees below freezing.

I think the statement was prepared for them and he seemed to have a little trouble reading. I think that caused him to sound flat, but he definitely showed true, raw sorrow by the end of it in my opinion.

Thinking that perhaps English may not have been his first language, or he is not one generally comfortable with reading out loud, especially in front of cameras and large group of people.
Also, the horror, shock and fear left his mouth dry and frozen reading words that no one, ever wants to have to utter.
imo, speculation.

Thinking that perhaps English may not have been his first language, or he is not one generally comfortable with reading out loud, especially in front of cameras and large group of people.
Also, the horror, shock and fear left his mouth dry and frozen reading words that no one, ever wants to have to utter.
imo, speculation.

Yes, all of these.

Praying for an Easter miracle for little Chase this weekend!

Would there be any wild animals in that area? Bears,Bobcats,coyotes?I would think if that were the case though,an article of clothing would have been dropped and the dog would bark.

Yes there are ..... but we hardly ever see them , if one of those animals does come near a domestic yard the dogs go absolutely nuts barking and growling .... not to mention those wild animals tend to avoid humans as much as possible.

Wild animals would be on the bottom of the list along with stranger abduction. Not to mention wild animal attacks leave plenty of evidence , clothing , shoes , hats etc.

Good searchers will keep an eye out for wild animal scat

Most searchers are not good searchers.

(unfortunately)

Any chance there are unknown sinkholes in the area?
Also wondering if the little guy wandered and fell, got dirty, rolled into a sobbing ball and fell asleep and now mistaken for a clump of rock or wood?

[video=twitter;713359305378955266]https://twitter.com/tombatemann/status/713359305378955266[/video]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back