Found Deceased Canada - Chase Martens, 2, Austin, MB, 22 March 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do 2 year old play outside by themselves in that kind of weather? I can't even imagine!
:dunno: I live in a darn cold part of maritime Canada, and my almost 2 yo definitely doesn't go out to play in weather like that, and certainly not unsupervised. It's +5 C right now with sun and no wind, and she wasn't even out long in that today! I guess mom or dad could have been out there and thought, oh I'll dart inside to grab X and watch through the window, and bam... Missing in 2.2 seconds, but... Thats not a brilliant idea, and it's unfortunately probably not what happened. I'm trying to withhold judgment until there's more info. The Noah Chamberlin case had a very similar story line, but then again so did the Deorr case in the very very beginning. I only see two plausible scenarios here-- one's ugly and unmentionable and the other is very sad. Either way, something whichever parent was in charge is going to have to live with if he isn't found safely. I don't like how long this has gone on. I'm almost afraid to google or update this thread at this point :candle:

I hope they find this little one. I've been thinking of him. It's so flipping cold even during the day, as it is.
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

This is heart breaking. I pray this little one is found soon. As far as him being outside to play, I don't see a huge red flag with it. It appears he was dressed for outdoors, jacket, hat, and boots. I know my little grandkids like to be able to get outside in the spring if the sun is shining even if it's just for a little while.

Do we know if a dog has picked up Chase's scent?

I just hope the searchers are aware of the Noah Chamberlin case and put volunteer searchers outside the area to work in...breaks my heart this little boy is out in the cold lost. Come home well baby Chase!

:dunno: I live in a darn cold part of maritime Canada, and my almost 2 yo definitely doesn't go out to play in weather like that, and certainly not unsupervised. It's +5 C right now with sun and no wind, and she wasn't even out long in that today! I guess mom or dad could have been out there and thought, oh I'll dart inside to grab X and watch through the window, and bam... Missing in 2.2 seconds, but... Thats not a brilliant idea, and it's unfortunately probably not what happened. I'm trying to withhold judgment until there's more info. The Noah Chamberlin case had a very similar story line, but then again so did the Deorr case in the very very beginning. I only see two plausible scenarios here-- one's ugly and unmentionable and the other is very sad. Either way, something whichever parent was in charge is going to have to live with if he isn't found safely. I don't like how long this has gone on. I'm almost afraid to google or update this thread at this point :candle:

CanadianWells-

Thanks so much for your perspective. It was said that Chase was last seen at 6 pm. How much daylight was remaining in that area after 6 pm?

CanadianWells-

Thanks so much for your perspective. It was said that Chase was last seen at 6 pm. How much daylight was remaining in that area after 6 pm?

There's still daylight at 6pm, but by 7:30 it's dark.

This is terrible another little one missing in the cold any updates are appreciated.

CanadianWells-

7:52 PM
Tuesday, March 22, 2016 (CDT)
Sunset in Austin, MB

Oh man. I don't like the sound of this, what a cute little guy. What he has gone through or is going through is painful to imagine. I can't imagine a toddler being allowed to play alone outside at all...and outside in that kind of weather unsupervised for at least the 10 minutes the parents say passed before they went to check on him. It's hard not to judge.

Praying he is found, safe and sound. What a darling and precious little guy.

Please let little Chase be found in good condition. I hope and pray he found somewhere warm to help protect him from the cold

Just an observation....
Austin MB is located ON Highway #1 AKA TransCanada Hwy. Austin is about 120 kilometres west of Winnipeg, between Brandon and Portage la Prairie.

Hwy #1 runs coast to coast from the Atlantic ocean to the Pacific, & through all 10 provinces...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Canada_Highway

Oh man. I don't like the sound of this, what a cute little guy. What he has gone through or is going through is painful to imagine. I can't imagine a toddler being allowed to play alone outside at all...and outside in that kind of weather unsupervised for at least the 10 minutes the parents say passed before they went to check on him. It's hard not to judge.

I agree. It only takes a few seconds and a child could be gone.

Have they said who saw him last? Was it someone other than the parents? Were they aware he was outside? I know he had on a jacket and boots, which would indicate they did know, but my kids would often put their boots on even if they weren't going outside any time soon. My daughter was so attached to her floral print rubber boots that she threw a tantrum if we made her take them off. She wore them all day and would only take them off to bathe and we would have to take them off after she fell asleep at night, for about 2-3 months. I wonder if he and his mom or dad had gone somewhere a little earlier and he still had his jacket and boots on from that outing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There it is-- they must have let out some more info since I last checked. They hadn't explained how long/why/etc last time I read a new article. 10 minutes? Ugh. Just no. My hand's up for a turn to judge that if that's the case. I couldn't find an excuse for myself for 1 minute, let alone 10.

A little more information. More at the link.

His mother was one of those out searching for her little boy and she says she’s overwhelmed at the thought of anything bad ever happening to him.

"He’s just a little boy, he can’t even take care of himself yet, and that’s the scary thing because he’s so dependent on me," said Destiny Turner.
She said her son was last seen around 6 p.m. on Tuesday in the yard of the family home where he lives with his mom, father Tom Martens, and his six- and seven-year-old sisters.

Chase had been in the yard with his dad, who had been loading up his truck. The father and son then went for a ride to the store and returned.

Tom then dressed his boy in his boots, splash pants, hat and mitts and the boy went outside as his dad went inside. The girls were inside watching TV.

Turner last saw her son through the window as she prepared to make supper.

The boy was heading around the side of the house, and Turner thought he was going to hop on a tractor parked outside the home, as he liked to do. When the parents went outside to call Chase to come in for supper, there was no response.

http://www.brandonsun.com/breaking-...missing-two-year-old-boy-373211451.html?thx=y

It'll be dark in a few hours. Let's hope little Chase is found soon - so much time has passed. :(

His mother was one of those out searching for her little boy and she says she’s overwhelmed at the thought of anything bad ever happening to him.

"He’s just a little boy, he can’t even take care of himself yet, and that’s the scary thing because he’s so dependent on me," said Destiny Turner.
She said her son was last seen around 6 p.m. on Tuesday in the yard of the family home where he lives with his mom, father Tom Martens, and his six- and seven-year-old sisters.

Chase had been in the yard with his dad, who had been loading up his truck. The father and son then went for a ride to the store and returned.

Tom then dressed his boy in his boots, splash pants, hat and mitts and the boy went outside as his dad went inside. The girls were inside watching TV.

The boy was heading around the side of the house, and Turner thought he was going to hop on a tractor parked outside the home, as he liked to do. When the parents went outside to call Chase to come in for supper, there was no response.

http://www.brandonsun.com/breaking-...missing-two-year-old-boy-373211451.html?thx=y

It'll be dark in a few hours. Let's hope little Chase is found soon - so much time has passed. :(

Does anyone know if there is any water on or near their property? An old well? Septic system?

Thank you so much for the link! The articles I had read had so much less info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There it is-- they must have let out some more info since I last checked. They hadn't explained how long/why/etc last time I read a new article. 10 minutes? Ugh. Just no. My hand's up for a turn to judge that if that's the case. I couldn't find an excuse for myself for 1 minute, let alone 10.
Ugh. I'm quoting myself here to pass on an article with info leading up to his disappearance in case anyone else hadn't seen those updates.
Turner then ran back to her property where Tom was calling to Chase as he searched the bush. She said it had been no longer than 15 minutes between the time she had seen Chase through the window to the time the parents’ realized he wasn’t there.
i have no words, but my only feeling at this moment is deep deep sorrow for what they must be feeling right now. There's no room in my heart for any other feelings.
eta: ms marple how on earth did I miss your post on exactly this up there. Good lord, time for a regroup on my end. My apologies for the repeat post here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theresa06
Back