CANADA Canada - Danielle Boisvert, 18, Montreal, Que, 6 Nov 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry for the late translation, so much work !!

So, I will summarize the relevant points.

- 3rd of 6 children.
- Just left family home to live w her bf
- Like some family members, works in a clothing factory, textile industry. Vely St Laurent.
- argument w bf while en route to the brasserie. Bf back home wo going to the brasserie. Danielle arrives at the bar wo bf (waiter saw her, called her a taxi to get back home). «*You’ll take a cab*» confirmed by a witness.
No one witnessed seeing Danielle after she went out of the brasserie that night.
- Nov 7th, 1979, aunt rings door bell. Bf answers «*doesn’t know where is Danielle, might be sleeping to a friend’s*». Then, sister went to work.
- For Denis Boivert, Danielle’s brother, she was also intoxicated w alcohol + hard drugs the night she went missing
- 1995, Denis tried to track Danielle’s bf to be sure he didn’t omitted to give important clues. But when father tracked bf, he died a few days earlier in his home’s fire.
Christian went to PEI, because had tip from a psychic. No results.
- 1998, clue to cops. SW alleges having seen Danielle in BC. Unfounded sight.
- Family gave DNA to identify Robert Pickton’s victims. To no avail.
- Since Nov 6th, 1979, Danielle Boisvert never used her social insurence, bank accounts…
- Hypothesis*: bf, unknown criminal, white women human trafficking, memory loss (IMHO, we can’t discount the memory loss due to alcohol + hard drugs together)
- Postcard received a few years later by one of Danielle’s sister at family home, from «*Micheline*» (possible alias). Family would like to know who is this «*Micheline*».

Thank you so much Guicy..interesting altogether...have to ponder a while on this. Did she or did she not take a cab? How come there was no contact with family and bf so many years? Would you accept his explanation...."duhhhh.. did not see her, don't know"...etc.? Did they know anything about him? Who was he? Who went to their house the day after she went missing, aunt or sister? I understand she informed and then went to work..ok..but then leave it like that? How do they know she used (hard) drugs? What kind? Was she a regular user or maybe drug addicted before she went missing?...and could that be the reason the family kind of accepted the explanation of bf and her gone? Many questions unanswered.

In those days, hard drugs were common in parties. It was not such a deal as it is nowadays.
Many people her age took hard drugs when partying, it was not considered as a sign of problematic behavior in those days (not talking about continuous use). Nowadays, it would had been dealt with a heavy hand even trying it at a party.
In the historical context, it's not surprising. Remember, we were in 1979, Montréal North, working class place.
In 30 years, our views about drugs have drastically shifted.

The video didn't give a whole lot of details about the postcard. When, from where ? No clue.

http://ballinnn.com/deze-cocaine-advertenties-laten-zien-hoe-crazy-de-jaren-70-waren/ Look at the adds (from America), they are from the seventies. I'm not sure how things where in Canada. Somehow I have the feeling things were much more conservative there, but I simply do not know.

Thank you so much Guicy..interesting altogether...have to ponder a while on this. Did she or did she not take a cab?
No clue

How come there was no contact with family and bf so many years?
No clue

Would you accept his explanation...."duhhhh.. did not see her, don't know"...etc.?
No clue

Did they know anything about him? Who was he?
Not said in the video

Who went to their house the day after she went missing, aunt or sister?
Aunt rang the door bell, while sister in the car

I understand she informed and then went to work..ok..but then leave it like that?
The family thought she was to her friend for sleeping for 2-3 days, then made a police report. Police treated it as a runaway.

How do they know she used (hard) drugs?
Brother witnessed it.

What kind?
No clue

Was she a regular user or maybe drug addicted before she went missing?...and could that be the reason the family kind of accepted the explanation of bf and her gone?
Brother didn't seemed to believe that she was a drug addict. She did it only at parties, but she was otherwise working etc...

Does anyone know anything about her dental work? Any chance she had any?

Hello there,

I am new to this case but, as French is my first language, I'd be more than happy to help you with translation of documents relating to this case. I feel that, in Quebec, when someone disappears, the police disclose very few pieces of information about the victim and the case itself. I tried doing research on ongoing cases from missing people in Montreal a couple of times over the last two years and couldn't do anything. I was running around in circles after half an hour. Sad...

So... if I can do antyhing to help here, I'll be glad :)

Hello there,

I am new to this case but, as French is my first language, I'd be more than happy to help you with translation of documents relating to this case. I feel that, in Quebec, when someone disappears, the police disclose very few pieces of information about the victim and the case itself. I tried doing research on ongoing cases from missing people in Montreal a couple of times over the last two years and couldn't do anything. I was running around in circles after half an hour. Sad...

So... if I can do antyhing to help here, I'll be glad :)

Welcome Leischa, apart from translating a new set of eyes is also very nice. I have the feeling we kind of stuck here...there was an interview with the family (somewhere up this thread) where the brother also states that working with the Canadian police is a big struggle and that they had a lot of problems getting the case files. There are so many questions still open and I feel uncertain where and how we can get answers.

I've watched the video and read what I could find about Danielle's case. There really isn't much. :(

They say the name of her boyfriend in the video but I cannot even find him on the net. Maybe I heard it wrong but, since he died not too long ago, I thought that he could be listed somewhere on online obituaries. Apparently, he's not. Or, as I said, I got his name wrong (or the reporter did).

I've worked on other Canadian cases in the past, and it's always the same thing. The only information we can usually get comes from the family, and often times they don't have much, and are not allowed to discuss what LE told them (that is, IF they told them anything at all). I don't exactly know how the whole police system is funded here but I feel like the missing people's cases are not among their priorities, probably because of the lack of resources. It's angering and sad, because there are probably lives that could have been saved, or families that could have known the truth about what happened to their loved one. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life wondering what happened to anyone that I love.

So I guess that, for now... I can't do much to help. I have the same questions as you all do, especially this one: did she get into the cab she had ordered?

Did she leave on foot, for some reason?

In the video, they say that the bar she was last seen at was very close to her place, but they don't say by how long... so I did a search on Google Maps with the address they show when they talk about her appartment. I assume the address is correct but I can't be 100 % sure (11033 Avenue de l'Archeveque) Then I did the direction thing as if she was leaving from Brasserie Bourget and going to her place on foot, which, according the Google maps, is between 1,4 and 1,7 km. Here is a picture of the thing.
Danielle Boisvert - Trajet Brasserie  Maison.jpg

There are so many possibilities here:

- She could've been abducted/killed by the cab driver.
- She could've chosen to go back home by foot, met someone she knew (or that she didn't know) while on her way and they did something bad to her.
- Maybe she got to her appartment safe and sound, and there, she had another fight with her boyfriend. If the two of them were into hard drugs, who knows how things could've turned out. So it could have been him.
- Maybe she was mad at her boyfriend and decided to leave but wasn't intending on going back to her appartment. If so, where was she heading to? Did she have a lover? Who was with her at the bar?
- Was someone waiting for her right outside the bar when she left?

I feel really puzzled about this one and also like we have nothing to work with. Oh yeah... and there's this mysterious postcard that was sent to Isabelle (Danielle's youngest sister) a few years after she disappeared. It was from a Micheline, and I think that it came from Italy. I tried reading what was written on it but all I could read was stuff like "It's really nice here. The landscape is beautiful" and stuff like that.... Nothing personal. And, no matter who sent that, what was their intention? I mean... Carole (Danielle's sister) said that her sister received a postcard from a "Micheline", so it means that Isabelle is the one it was addressed to and... Isabelle was only five years old in 1979. So, if she received it "a few years later", it means that she must have been what... ten years old max? It's very weird.

I've watched the video and read what I could find about Danielle's case. There really isn't much. :(

They say the name of her boyfriend in the video but I cannot even find him on the net. Maybe I heard it wrong but, since he died not too long ago, I thought that he could be listed somewhere on online obituaries. Apparently, he's not. Or, as I said, I got his name wrong (or the reporter did).

I've worked on other Canadian cases in the past, and it's always the same thing. The only information we can usually get comes from the family, and often times they don't have much, and are not allowed to discuss what LE told them (that is, IF they told them anything at all). I don't exactly know how the whole police system is funded here but I feel like the missing people's cases are not among their priorities, probably because of the lack of resources. It's angering and sad, because there are probably lives that could have been saved, or families that could have known the truth about what happened to their loved one. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life wondering what happened to anyone that I love.

So I guess that, for now... I can't do much to help. I have the same questions as you all do, especially this one: did she get into the cab she had ordered?

In the video, they say that the bar she was last seen at was very close to her place, but they don't say by how long... so I did a search on Google Maps with the address they show when they talk about her appartment. I assume the address is correct but I can't be 100 % sure (11033 Avenue de l'Archeveque) Then I did the direction thing as if she was leaving from Brasserie Bourget and going to her place on foot, which, according the Google maps, is between 1,4 and 1,7 km. Here is a picture of the thing.
cache.php

- She could've chosen to go back home by foot, met someone she knew (or that she didn't know) while on her way and they did something bad to her.
- Maybe she got to her appartment safe and sound, and there, she had another fight with her boyfriend. If the two of them were into hard drugs, who knows how things could've turned out. So it could have been him.
- Maybe she was mad at her boyfriend and decided to leave but wasn't intending on going back to her appartment. If so, where was she heading to? Did she have a lover? Who was with her at the bar?

I feel really puzzled about this one and also like we have nothing to work with. Oh yeah... and there's this mysterious postcard that was sent to Isabelle (Danielle's youngest sister) a few years after she disappeared. It was from a Micheline, and I think that it came from Italy. I tried reading what was written on it but all I could read was stuff like "It's really nice here. The landscape is beautiful" and stuff like that.... Nothing personal. And, no matter who sent that, what was their intention? I mean... Carole (Danielle's sister) said that her sister received a postcard from a "Micheline", so it means that Isabelle is the one it was addressed to and... Isabelle was only five years old in 1979. So, if she received it "a few years later", it means that she must have been what... ten years old max? It's very weird.

Hi Leischa, you did see the actual postcard? Is it possible you share that with us. I'm not a member of ancestry but there are a few Micheline Boisvert I found....maybe it was just a old relative....I don't know..

Hi Leischa, you did see the actual postcard? Is it possible you share that with us. I'm not a member of ancestry but there are a few Micheline Boisvert I found....maybe it was just a old relative....I don't know..

Hi Bit of hope,

I did see the postcard but it was in a documentary that was made about Danielle's disappearance. You can see it at this link, at 4:28 http://adr.tv/webtv.php?type=emissions&id=15&webtv=nos-enfants-disparus-serie&id_episode=34&episode=Episode-3&part=3&nom=disparition-de-danielle-boisvert-en-1979, although the image is pretty blurry. I can't remember where I'd managed to find that video all in one part, but the first time I watched it the "image" of the postcard was much clearer and I could read bits and pieces of what was written on it. Unfortunately, I can't find the video anywhere else, and I really wonder on which website I watched it... Anyways... there wasn't any useful information on it. Sorry :thinking:

attachment.php

Thank you. I wonder if they ever searched the park.

Dotr. Is it technically possible to cut additional pictures of Danielle out of the video. In some of them she looks different than the one we know.

Body found in Montreal in 2012 https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2014001214&id=20 Could this be Danielle ?? There is little information, the height seems to be a little off.

On July 18, 2012, the skeleton of a woman was discovered on the banks of the Rivière des Prairies, on the south side of Montreal near Gouin Street.

Tried to put a map in from the route from her house to the finding place. It's almost a straight line and it takes ca. 16 minutes.

Dotr. Is it technically possible to cut additional pictures of Danielle out of the video. In some of them she looks different than the one we know.
Sorry, unsure of how to do that- screen grab, had wondered the same thing, Danielle looked much prettier too in some of those images, imo.

additional picture

Attachments

• Danielle Boisvert additional picture1.png
    Danielle Boisvert additional picture1.png
    913.8 KB · Views: 4
more additional pics

Attachments

• Danielle Boisvert additional picture2 png.PNG
    Danielle Boisvert additional picture2 png.PNG
    80 KB · Views: 5
  • Danielle Boisvert additional picture3  png.PNG
    Danielle Boisvert additional picture3 png.PNG