CANADA Canada - Danielle Boisvert, 18, Montreal, Que, 6 Nov 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's not said

I know :) It's partly expressing my frustration about the lack of information about Danielle's dentals. Jane Doe has 13 permanent teeth, evenly vague. If we don't know the exact details it's hard to make a match or a rule out.

Another Pod-cast about the case, from December 2019.

The name of the boyfriend loud and clear on 5:35 (I put on the French translation, not always effective but it will do, I think) Paulo Chevrier (could also be spelled different). She is telling about how the family tried to find him and discovered he died.

(I tried to find an obituary, newspaper clipping about the fire or his grave site but couldn't find anything yet) More eyes needed.

There is a sweet comment from Danielle's mother granddaughter, made on approx. April 2020.

Bonjour, Je suis la petite fille de la mère de Danielle et la fille de un de ses fils. Nous sommes vraiment touché par votre vidéo et toute la famille Boisvert vous remercie d'avoir raconté notre histoire. Pour répondre à votre question, ma grand-mère est toujours vivante aujourd'hui et elle parle encore souvent de Danielle. And espérant que votre vidéo fasse la différence. Merci et n'hésitez-pas si vous voulez communiquer avec nous. Ça nous fera plaisir de répondre à vos questions.

Translation
Hello, I am the granddaughter of Danielle's mother and the daughter of one of her sons. We are really touched by your video and the entire Boisvert family thanks you for telling our story. To answer your question, my grandmother is still alive today and she still talks about Danielle a lot. And hoping your video makes a difference. Thank you and don't hesitate if you want to communicate with us. It will be our pleasure to answer your questions.

Can somebody watch it and translate additional information that is not already posted here? I can't copy-paste the subtitles to Google translate.

1966... That is weird. As a tourist, how do you get stamps that are 15 years old? I mean... An Italian who's lived there since 1966 could definitely have some old stamps left and do as you say, but if that Micheline was a tourist there... where did she get (and why?) those stamps instead of current ones?

Also, about the skeleton found in the Rivière des Prairies... I agree that it is pretty close to where she lived and was last seen alive. I wonder if the police even thought that it could be her.
can someone who knows how, send in this uid as a possible match? it hasnt been eliminated yet,

can someone who knows how, send in this uid as a possible match? it hasnt been eliminated yet,

We are still in the process of finding out if this could be a possible match. That's why we are discussing the dentals of both Danielle and Jane Doe and the meaning of the information. If Danielle had false teeth (dentures) and Jane Doe had 13 permanent teeth....well.... it's easy to see this isn't a match. This changes if Danielle had implants and the meaning of "permanent teeth" is that.....

I know :) It's partly expressing my frustration about the lack of information about Danielle's dentals. Jane Doe has 13 permanent teeth, evenly vague. If we don't know the exact details it's hard to make a match or a rule out.
I know you know :)

But I don't want to say "yes" or "no" when there is nothing.

Also, what bothers me in her SPVM file is that adjective "fausse" is singular" when "dents" is plural. I translated it in plural, but I'm not even sure if it's one or more.
We can't even know if she has one or more missing teeth.

I also noticed that for MP on Montreal Police website, the French page is more complete and more accurate than the English version.
And even this, I am dealing with blanks because of grammar mistakes.

The name of the boyfriend loud and clear on 5:35 (I put on the French translation, not always effective but it will do, I think) Paulo Chevrier (could also be spelled different). She is telling about how the family tried to find him and discovered he died.

(I tried to find an obituary, newspaper clipping about the fire or his grave site but couldn't find anything yet) More eyes needed.

There is a sweet comment from Danielle's mother granddaughter, made on approx. April 2020.

Bonjour, Je suis la petite fille de la mère de Danielle et la fille de un de ses fils. Nous sommes vraiment touché par votre vidéo et toute la famille Boisvert vous remercie d'avoir raconté notre histoire. Pour répondre à votre question, ma grand-mère est toujours vivante aujourd'hui et elle parle encore souvent de Danielle. And espérant que votre vidéo fasse la différence. Merci et n'hésitez-pas si vous voulez communiquer avec nous. Ça nous fera plaisir de répondre à vos questions.

Translation
Hello, I am the granddaughter of Danielle's mother and the daughter of one of her sons. We are really touched by your video and the entire Boisvert family thanks you for telling our story. To answer your question, my grandmother is still alive today and she still talks about Danielle a lot. And hoping your video makes a difference. Thank you and don't hesitate if you want to communicate with us. It will be our pleasure to answer your questions.

Can somebody watch it and translate additional information that is not already posted here? I can't copy-paste the subtitles to Google translate.
I don't rely too much on Google Translate because I found too many awful translations.

Let me watch the video and I get back here later.

Paulo Chevrier
I heard "Paulo Chevalier" which makes much more sense for a Québec family name. Maybe "Pablo Chevalier"?
I've never heard "Chevrier" before but why not?

And Google subtitles in French didn't even make sense. "chum", boyfriend in Quebec French, was translated by "opium" :confused::eek:

The podcaster has a heavy Quebec accent and Google Translate is not used to such subtitling.

I don't want to be rude, but when did Boisvert's boyfriend die?
Even a year or a decade would help me find something.
I think that without this data, we are bound to search without result.

I also contacted the Accueil - AFPAD which is the association for families of missing and assassinated persons in Quebec for fact-checking.
1) False tooth or false teeth?
2) Boyfriend's name
I'll get back to you as soon as I hear anything for them.

Meanwhile, I'll try to search the main msm in Québec: Ici-Radio Canada (English: CBC, Canada Broadcasting Corporation), Journal de Montréal/du Québec (they are of the same company, but I may get more info on one or another), La Presse et Le Soleil.

A tip for Google search you may or may not know. If you know, skip it. But for whom doesn't know, it can help for sleuthing.
If you want Google to narrow the research on a specific website, use
Code:
 [keyword] site:FullSiteAddress
Example for searching about Court (Justice in French) news on JDM (Journal de Montréal):
Code:
"justice" site:http://www.journaldemontreal.com
So, you avoid getting lost in your research.
In our case, we need to type "Danielle Boisvert" between quotation marks because otherwise, we find Danielle OR Boisvert, which means spending an even more inordinate amount of time at assessing our findings.

Last edited:
Ok, I found the whole report "Nos Enfants Disparus"

I know it has already been posted but the link was not working.

This video mention Paulo Chevrier, like the other podcast.

Last edited:
According to the December 2019 pod-cast one of her brothers (who was 16 at the time Danielle went missing) started to find the boyfriend in 1995 and he found out through Facebook contacts that the boyfriend died 3 days earlier in a fire in a holiday apartment. (excuse me if this isn't properly translated)

Thank you. I'll listen to the podcast again.

Translation

Podcast says also that according to Danielle's brother, she started to take hard drugs occasionnaly. I don't know what kind, but this is what the podcast says.

BOH, so he died in 1995. That's a path. You did properly translate!

According to my Google research "Chevrier Quebec", the family name "chevrier" is quite widespread.
I would not have thought so, but it feels good to be proven wrong at time.

Finding an orbituary for "Paulo Chevrier" in 1995 at Montreal is much easier said than done! :(

Hi -- first time post.
I'm not a Francophone but I did live in Montreal for a few years. I can't remember encountering any locals named "Paulo" though "Paul" is a normal enough name. I found a small article about a "Paul Chevrier" dying in a housefire in Laval (Laval is north across the river) on 22-Dec-1994. It says that was 36 (so born in 1958). I'll try to attach it.

Attachments

• clipping_68022652.pdf
    125.3 KB · Views: 17
Hi -- first time post.
I'm not a Francophone but I did live in Montreal for a few years. I can't remember encountering any locals named "Paulo" though "Paul" is a normal enough name. I found a small article about a "Paul Chevrier" dying in a housefire in Laval (Laval is north across the river) on 22-Dec-1994. It says that was 36 (so born in 1958). I'll try to attach it.
Welcome to Ws Mbt, thanks for chiming in!

Hi -- first time post.

Wow good catch! I think this may actually be the guy. Where are my manners Welcome @Mbt

It feels good knowing about the boyfriend....sadly he's not going to be able to contribute to her disappearance case ever again....and where is Danielle? Sometimes I feel so frustrated, but then again, it must be only a fraction of what her family members had to endure all this time and still not knowing. Knowing how much the family was let down....problems with files/knowledge about the investigation..problematic communication with LE. Is there a real contact -in person- we could reach out to. I just would love to know what LE thinks about the case and what they did, until now, to find her.

Sorry, not being that sharp today..had to add and edit a couple of times...pffff

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appleatcha
Back