Canada - Doctor charged with murder after multiple deaths at Hawkesbury, Ont. hospital, 26 Mar 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
a bit torn on the significance of the unprofessional conduct charges (that stuck) against him..

not really medical in nature.............. I've disliked immensely some workers (I think for good reason. can't remember my opinions being remotely unique). but trying to remember if I've ever done something like that (I think I haven't... and I was never professionally licensed to any degree like doctor/lawyer/accountant) ....... definitely done it outside of work (which I'm sure many have).

is there any idea as to the nature of the acts he is alleged to have committed?..... straight up murdered innocent people or voluntary assisted suicide?

makes me think of Susan Nelles...... google that one if you don't know it.. COLOSSAL SCREWUP by Ontario Government.

Are there gaps in time when piecing together his training and/or work, or is it me? And I think I missed the cause for suspension. That seemed like a long gap, or was it multiple suspensions? Wow. Interesting case.

Are there gaps in time when piecing together his training and/or work, or is it me? And I think I missed the cause for suspension. That seemed like a long gap, or was it multiple suspensions? Wow. Interesting case.

Doctor with ties to Sask. charged with murder in OPP probe of 'suspicious deaths' at Ontario hospital | The Star Phoenix

In July 2018, he was found guilty of two counts of unprofessional conduct by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan for incidents that happened in August 2014 while he was working at St. Paul’s Hospital in Saskatoon. He called another doctor with whom he had a verbal altercation a “b—ch” and told another doctor that he “felt like slapping” the doctor with whom he quarrelled. He was also found guilty of making improper notes on a patient’s chart.

Nadler’s licence was suspended for a period of time for those infractions in 2014. In 2018, he resigned from his training and appeared to stop practising in Saskatchewan. Nadler, for those offences, agreed to take courses in “professional ethics and medical record-keeping,” according to the college.

In 2018, Nadler went to Nevada to continue his training and to study geriatrics. He appeared at a September 2018 hearing of the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners, which after hearing Nadler describe his suspension in Saskatchewan and a mix-up with his visa to study in the United States, agreed to grant him a medical licence.

A registry of health care providers in the U.S. shows Nadler working at a Veterans Administration clinic in Reno, Nev., but, when contacted by this newspaper, the clinic said it had no records of him.

Did this link just vanish?
Link still here, maybe adjusted?
Physician Profile
''Profile
Dr. Brian Nadler

Status
No Longer on the Register''
''Unprofessional Conduct 7/10/2018 7/16/2018 Not Required Undertaking Dr. Nadler was charged with unprofessional conduct. One charge alleged that he added a reference to a medical record without noting the date/time of the addition, and one alleged that he used unprofessional language to refer to a colleague with whom he had had a disagreement. The matter was resolved when Dr. Nadler agreed to take courses in professional ethics and medical record-keeping, and to provide a letter of apology to the Council. UPDATE: As of 11/07/2018, Dr. Nadler has complied with the terms of his undertaking. As such, the College will not proceed further with the charges against him.''

Ex-colleague of Ontario doctor Brian Nadler shocked to learn of murder charge
''MONTREAL -- An ex-colleague of Brian Nadler, the Ontario doctor charged with murder in connection with suspicious deaths at a hospital, described him as compassionate but said he had a tendency to argue with other physicians.

Dr. Ahmed Hanfy, who trained with Nadler for about nine months at the University of Nevada, Reno, said in an interview Saturday the disagreements the suspect had with other doctors were confined to medical matters, such as the best course of treatment for a patient.

"He is one of those kinds of people who argues a lot," Hanfy said, adding that he was shocked to learn of the charges against his former colleague.''

Ex-colleague of Ontario doctor Brian Nadler shocked to learn of murder charge
''MONTREAL -- An ex-colleague of Brian Nadler, the Ontario doctor charged with murder in connection with suspicious deaths at a hospital, described him as compassionate but said he had a tendency to argue with other physicians.

Dr. Ahmed Hanfy, who trained with Nadler for about nine months at the University of Nevada, Reno, said in an interview Saturday the disagreements the suspect had with other doctors were confined to medical matters, such as the best course of treatment for a patient.

"He is one of those kinds of people who argues a lot," Hanfy said, adding that he was shocked to learn of the charges against his former colleague.''

so maybe he's the type to think he knows best ... God complex?

Doctor with ties to Sask. charged with murder in OPP probe of 'suspicious deaths' at Ontario hospital | The Star Phoenix

In July 2018, he was found guilty of two counts of unprofessional conduct by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan for incidents that happened in August 2014 while he was working at St. Paul’s Hospital in Saskatoon. He called another doctor with whom he had a verbal altercation a “b—ch” and told another doctor that he “felt like slapping” the doctor with whom he quarrelled. He was also found guilty of making improper notes on a patient’s chart.

Nadler’s licence was suspended for a period of time for those infractions in 2014. In 2018, he resigned from his training and appeared to stop practising in Saskatchewan. Nadler, for those offences, agreed to take courses in “professional ethics and medical record-keeping,” according to the college.

In 2018, Nadler went to Nevada to continue his training and to study geriatrics. He appeared at a September 2018 hearing of the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners, which after hearing Nadler describe his suspension in Saskatchewan and a mix-up with his visa to study in the United States, agreed to grant him a medical licence.

A registry of health care providers in the U.S. shows Nadler working at a Veterans Administration clinic in Reno, Nev., but, when contacted by this newspaper, the clinic said it had no records of him.

This guy's 'a piece of work,' MOO

From the NSBME
upload_2021-3-28_14-31-25.png
A couple of things (and I am going off how US medical education works- and I believe Canada to be quite similar):
  • A neurosurgery internship would be quite the feather in a newly-licensed MD's cap. But something had to have happened during that year- because note that he then has a 360 into Internal Medicine (IM). This is a HIGHLY unusual move. It would be considered not a lateral move but a demotion.
  • Then he does an IM residency- but it is cut short. Residencies start/ end June 30/ July 1 uniformly. (Any hospital nurse will tell you the day the new docs show up- and how closely they bear watching until they prove themselves trustworthy. :) He appears to leave 6 months early.
  • His IM fellowship lasts 7 weeks. Typical fellowships last 1-4 YEARS.
  • His UN Reno fellowship is also oddly timed but may reflect visa delays or (more likely) a previous fellowship physician leaves and the position needs to be filled last-minute.

From the NSBME
View attachment 290328
A couple of things (and I am going off how US medical education works- and I believe Canada to be quite similar):
  • A neurosurgery internship would be quite the feather in a newly-licensed MD's cap. But something had to have happened during that year- because note that he then has a 360 into Internal Medicine (IM). This is a HIGHLY unusual move. It would be considered not a lateral move but a demotion.
  • Then he does an IM residency- but it is cut short. Residencies start/ end June 30/ July 1 uniformly. (Any hospital nurse will tell you the day the new docs show up- and how closely they bear watching until they prove themselves trustworthy. :) He appears to leave 6 months early.
  • His IM fellowship lasts 7 weeks. Typical fellowships last 1-4 YEARS.
  • His UN Reno fellowship is also oddly timed but may reflect visa delays or (more likely) a previous fellowship physician leaves and the position needs to be filled last-minute.
YES, excellent information. That is what caught my attention. He seemed to bounce around, IMO. Thanks for this info.

I wonder if Nadler ever had other issues that we are not aware of because they were simply referred to Quality Assurance. I don't know if the College of Physicians and Surgeons for Saskatchewan operates exactly the same way as Ontario, but I know from past personal knowledge/experience with a medical malpractice issue, with the CPSO if a concern is sent to the Quality Assurance Committee it never becomes public knowledge. The info only becomes available to the public if it has been sent to the Discipline Committee and there is actual disciplinary action.

I wonder if Nadler ever had other issues that we are not aware of because they were simply referred to Quality Assurance. I don't know if the College of Physicians and Surgeons for Saskatchewan operates exactly the same way as Ontario, but I know from past personal knowledge/experience with a medical malpractice issue, with the CPSO if a concern is sent to the Quality Assurance Committee it never becomes public knowledge. The info only becomes available to the public if it has been sent to the Discipline Committee and there is actual disciplinary action.

There is SOOOOOO much that never gets to the public regarding physician problems.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back