CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow! Here's the photo. Retrieved from Emma's Facebook Group.
Sure looks like it could be her. Would sure be great to see a positive end to this.
Anyone have any information about the photo?
Wow.
Wow is that Emma?

FB page update a few minutes ago, someone caught up with them, found them, took a picture, woke them up, and it's not the same person. Boots in the background of the photo match boots in the original photo, too. =(

FB page update a few minutes ago, someone caught up with them, found them, took a picture, woke them up, and it's not the same person. Boots in the background of the photo match boots in the original photo, too. =(

Thanks for the update, too bad it wasn't her.

That's great you were able to find the photographer Shelley. So she thought the sleeping woman was Emma as soon as she saw her or she took the picture just because it was people sleeping on the street and later realized that the woman in the picture resembled Emma?

The photographer and her mom have been relentless volunteers for over a year now. The daughter thought she looked like Emma so snapped the photo. Unfortunately we now have confirmation from more than one source that the woman is NOT Emma. :( <3

Shelley and Kokanee, I posted the name of a Viki V upthread. She's from Victoria and seems to attend civic meetings, not sure if you guys saw it or are still trying to track her down. Not sure it's her either, maybe the PI would know. I hope the girl in the photo is Emma too.

It has been confirmed, by more than once source, that the "sleeping woman" is NOT Emma :(

It has been confirmed, by more than once source, that the "sleeping woman" is NOT Emma :(

So sorry it wasn't her Shelley, what an emotional roller coaster for you and the family :(

I rode my bike through Fernwood yesterday en route to a shop, and had my eyes peeled just in case. Such beautiful houses in Fernwood and such a beautiful neighborhood. Then you turn a corner and it's a little not as pretty (like most Victoria neighborhoods!), there was a very young man who was walking looking in garbages and looked in need of help, sad.

I hope you can find Viki V and she has some or *any* info for you or can confirm the Emma sighting in Fernwood, at least so you know for sure if it was or wasn't her. If everyone only knew exactly where to look&#8230;.

I was thinking about how and where she would've gone after 8pm that night and here's how I think about it:

1. Greyhound(bus), taxi, ferry - seem to be ruled out as no debit transactions or CCTV footage show she did these. Unless she used cash of course.

2. City bus - not ruled out. She could've taken the bus anywhere as far as it would go.

3. Foot - It was getting dark, possibly colder, probably wouldn't have gotten *that* far on foot. I don't think she left of foot, as I think she would have known better. Unless she went on foot the highway to hitchhike, still wasn't dressed/prepped for it.

4. Car - If she hitchhiked or received a ride from friend or stranger no one has come forward to say so (that we're aware of).

I keep think she might've not have gotten that far that night if she even left Victoria.

So sorry it wasn't her Shelley, what an emotional roller coaster for you and the family :(

I rode my bike through Fernwood yesterday en route to a shop, and had my eyes peeled just in case. Such beautiful houses in Fernwood and such a beautiful neighborhood. Then you turn a corner and it's a little not as pretty (like most Victoria neighborhoods!), there was a very young man who was walking looking in garbages and looked in need of help, sad.

I hope you can find Viki V and she has some or *any* info for you or can confirm the Emma sighting in Fernwood, at least so you know for sure if it was or wasn't her. If everyone only knew exactly where to look&#8230;.

It's unimaginable pain but we have nothing but hope. Thank you for you kind words of support <3

It seems JH's Facebook is inactivated, private or deleted at the moment for anyone curious as I can no longer find his profile.

It seems JH's Facebook is inactivated, private or deleted at the moment for anyone curious as I can no longer find his profile.

He appeared to be following the Help Find Emma FB page and he would to comments that were made against him so... Maybe he read this thread after Websleuths was linked on there. Found his name, the questions asked, realized that we'd been spying on his pictures and posts and decided to delete everything, or hide it.

He appeared to be following the Help Find Emma FB page and he would to comments that were made against him so... Maybe he read this thread after Websleuths was linked on there. Found his name, the questions asked, realized that we'd been spying on his pictures and posts and decided to delete everything, or hide it.

I was thinking that too&#8230;He seems quite reactionary. Who knows how one would react if he's telling the truth or not telling the truth. Maybe he's been 100% truthful and doesn't like his business being discussed here and on FB or maybe he's hiding something.

I always want to be careful when coming up with theories as innocent people might get scrutinized to a point where they look guilty of something but aren't, so tricky&#8230;.

I was thinking that too&#8230;He seems quite reactionary. Who knows how one would react if he's telling the truth or not telling the truth. Maybe he's been 100% truthful and doesn't like his business being discussed here and on FB or maybe he's hiding something.

I always want to be careful when coming up with theories as innocent people might get scrutinized to a point where they look guilty of something but aren't, so tricky&#8230;.

My only comment is that he agreed to appear on the 5th estate documentary. He was well aware of the attention this would cause.

JH likes the attention I think. End of 2013 he messaged me out of the blue and mentioned all the places that had been searched and the effort Shelley was making to find Emma....I think he likes the attention because it associates his name with Emma's who he seems to be infatuated with. Whether there's anything more to it who knows??

JH likes the attention I think. End of 2013 he messaged me out of the blue and mentioned all the places that had been searched and the effort Shelley was making to find Emma....I think he likes the attention because it associates his name with Emma's who he seems to be infatuated with. Whether there's anything more to it who knows??

You and Shelley sound much more gracious about him than I think I could be in regards to how he acts. I guess maybe there's just something gnawing at me about him I just can't shake. Of course, this is an observation from a distance as obviously I've never met him!

I think what bothers me is that he seems to have injected himself into this story, almost to a point where it seems like he's toying with people. His 'assistance' doesn't seem to be for good will or authentic, more like it's a game and he seems confrontational almost, but who am I to say. I swear I saw him today, looked back twice, but maybe because this was on my mind&#8230;not even sure he's still in Victoria.

You and Shelley sound much more gracious about him than I think I could be in regards to how he acts. I guess maybe there's just something gnawing at me about him I just can't shake. Of course, this is an observation from a distance as obviously I've never met him!

I think what bothers me is that he seems to have injected himself into this story, almost to a point where it seems like he's toying with people. His 'assistance' doesn't seem to be for good will or authentic, more like it's a game and he seems confrontational almost, but who am I to say. I swear I saw him today, looked back twice, but maybe because this was on my mind&#8230;not even sure he's still in Victoria.

Very interesting observations. I believe he still lives in Victoria.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NellyKim
Back