CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<rsbm>

It may clearly say they took polys (investigative tool only, not necessarily 100% accurate, thus not admissible in Canadian courts), but unless LE has specifically stated they are ruled out, polys don't necessarily rule them out officially.

Indeed and I agree. But without information from someone close these details are hard to wonder about.
Again IMO there could easily be foul play involved here and one of the men discussed could be involved.

First of all a correction needs to be made- there were 5 calls IN TOTAL and NOT 4 a day. I did repeatedly offer to fly out but every time I booked a flight Emma would call to say not to come, that she was only having a bad day. Having known Emma all her life I knew her independence was her trademark, something she was proud of and after discussing it at length with her siblings and her father, we agreed to respect her final request which was under no circumstances should I fly out. After the last call I felt I had to set aside her wishes and flew out immediately.

Shelley

She is wearing a scarf of some sort and she did look distressed. I now believe she had been battling something for quite a long time, managing adeptly to hide it from her family and friends.

1. In my experience, a person "passing'" a lie detector is a myth. A subject may think they "passed" because they are let go

2. If Emma is on camera somewhere after her last known location, the public needs to know.

3. Why pre-paid credit card? For what? Why not pay cash. This is a good clue

4. A pre-paid credit card purchase, combined with pre-paid cell, spells planned disappearance.

5. The 5th Estate picture of Emma indicates a person "on something". When and where was that picture taken?

Just my opinion only.

Typical November weather in Victoria..
It might have felt dark, gloomy and cold to Emma, could she have suddenly shifted gears and gone to somewhere warm?

https://weatherspark.com/averages/27840/11/Victoria-British-Columbia-Canada

Average Weather In November For Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

"The month of November is characterized by falling daily high temperatures, with daily highs decreasing from 11°C to 7°C over the course of the month, exceeding 13°C or dropping below 4°C only one day in ten."

"Sun

Over the course of November, the length of the day is decreasing. From the start to the end of the month, the length of the day decreases by 1:16 hours, implying an average day-over-day decrease of 2.5 minutes.

The shortest day of the month is November 30 with 8:38 hours of daylight; the longest day is November 1 with 9:53 hours of daylight".

I have been at WS for 6 years. I have never so strongly felt a missing person case could result in the person being found alive.

On the other hand, there really is no reason to get rid of a pre-paid credit card. What a mystery.

On the other hand, there really is no reason to get rid of a pre-paid credit card. What a mystery.

I totally agree, what a mystery. I also agree with your opinion regarding Emma looking like she was staging an escape, but IMO the card being found takes away from the theory of a planned escape.
I'm thinking that the PI hired for the case HAS to be looking at the following:
- who is "green shirt guy"?
- are the men who received lie detectors really "ruled out" in terms of Emma's disappearance?
- why do LE actions and inactions in the case looking so suspicious?
Again just my opinion.

Her pupils look dilated

the woman who lived with Emma in the attic of the shelter says she saw no sign of drug taking by Emma and encouraged her to go to the gym. Emma also lived in the 760 Hotel with a friend and no mention of drugs. She was living under a tree during nights out of the shelter which might explain the 'tired' appearance.

Just reading of Emma's case today for the first time. Emma sounds so much like my sister...who does have a mental illness. Ironically, my sister moved from BC to Ontario in November of this year. Her mental illness has been exasperated due to so many changes, upheavels, and issues with her new house. I can certainly relate to what Shelley has had to deal with in the past. I live six hours drive away, and constantly struggle with...do I go and help, or do I do as her next phone call will say..stay away, I can deal with it. My heart goes out to you and your family Shelley. My sister tends to shove away those who are closest to her, and seems to be unable to relate to the fact that I worry so much about her when she is unwell. I often worry about my sister taking off without telling us. We recently had about 10 years with no contact..as she did not wish to speak to me. Don't give up hope Shelley...Emma may be just around the corner...trying to come to grips with whatever issues she may have.

Would it be possible that she purchased the credit card, as suggested, to prepare to disappear, but then thought it through and realized that her activities could be followed? Or that she got rid of the credit card to throw people off? In the documentary, they do discuss the fact that she's very bright, and may have been capable of planning her disappearance to the level that it could escalate to the point that it has.

Though I'm not by any means informed on either case, this does bear some similarities (perhaps insignificant) to that of Shannon Burgess, who was last seen November 27th 2014. LE has announced that she may be in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, or Toronto.

Would it be possible that she purchased the credit card, as suggested, to prepare to disappear, but then thought it through and realized that her activities could be followed? Or that she got rid of the credit card to throw people off? In the documentary, they do discuss the fact that she's very bright, and may have been capable of planning her disappearance to the level that it could escalate to the point that it has.

Though I'm not by any means informed on either case, this does bear some similarities (perhaps insignificant) to that of Shannon Burgess, who was last seen November 27th 2014. LE has announced that she may be in Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, or Toronto.

Have been thinking about the pre-paid card and how it's discovery somewhere, throws a wrench at the idea of Emma being alive.
After all, " who in their right mind", would basically, buy a card and then throw the " money" away?
Emma, may well, not have been of "right mind" and tossing it, may have seemed logical to her.
Maybe she has taken on, the proverbial" vow of poverty" and living naturally, off the land ect. type of persona?
On the other hand, as a multi-talented and intelligent woman, she might have figured a $200 (iirc) card tossed aside, is an affordable and plausible, red-herring. imo

1. In my experience, a person "passing'" a lie detector is a myth. A subject may think they "passed" because they are let go

2. If Emma is on camera somewhere after her last known location, the public needs to know.

3. Why pre-paid credit card? For what? Why not pay cash. This is a good clue

4. A pre-paid credit card purchase, combined with pre-paid cell, spells planned disappearance.

5. The 5th Estate picture of Emma indicates a person "on something". When and where was that picture taken?

Just my opinion only.

prepaid card would be more than useful for booking airfare or securing a room online if she needed to get out of town MOO

Wow this is all new info to me. She purchased a prepaid credit card and cellphone.

Can they track a prepaid cellphone?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/tech...cmp-and-csis-wont-talk-about/article20579947/

based on the information in this link -- I would have to say a resounding yes -- CSIS & RCMP keep mum on that topic

re: prepaid credit card -- in addition to being useful for booking travel -- it is safer to carry than cash if she has to stay in a shelter etc also she can recharge her phone more easily remotely using the prepaid credit card

MOO

with the prepaid card, the company would know when and where it was purchased and hopefully there would be video CCTV of the that transaction -- would be useful to LE or anyone trying to find her as a ''starting point'' MOO

cellphone was never activated after purchase

she would have needed to use another phone to activate it.....and she would need a number of hours to charge the phone initially......may not have had access to either electricity or a 2nd phone MOO

It was something like this, right?

So she got in the cab and realizes how much it costed, though she (should have) a $200 credit card. Unless she dropped the card off in the opposite direction to where she was going to throw people off, prior to getting in the cab? If she were struggling with paranoia, I don't find it unrealistic that she would do this...and it could be that she did this prior to buying the cell phone, which she dropped somewhere else.

She gets in the cab, but then panics because there may be an eyewitness to where she's going, and she may be wanting to save cash. So she heads back, and to save money and avoid eyewitnesses, she takes public transit instead? Is it possible that she was not wanting to go to the airport, but further in that direction, to the Swartz Bay Terminal, which is where a ferry departs for Vancouver? She was last seen in front of the Empress Hotel, where she spoke to LE, and where there is also a stop on Route 70, the most direct line to Swartz Bay.

"Victoria&#8217;s cash fare is $2.50, exact coins. You can also buy a sheet of 10 tickets for $22.50. Or a one-month pass. More details at B.C. Transit's website.

Catch Route 70, the express to Swartz Bay terminal. It runs along Douglas Street, where there are several stops; then along the Patricia Bay Highway, where there aren&#8217;t many stops. It takes about 50 to 55 minutes from downtown.

There&#8217;s also Route 72, which has a lot of stops, and wanders all over the place. It takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes from downtown. Those extra 20 minutes feel like an eternity.

Get off at Swartz Bay terminal and buy your ferry ticket from one of the ticket machines or from the ticket seller."

I know that a lot of this seems to be a stretch, but her state of mind was leading her to behave in a way that many people would find erratic, though to her it made sense. If she were convinced that someone was following her (for reasons of her own), these may be steps she would have taken.

emma.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
craig21876
Back