CANADA Canada - Emma Fillipoff, 26, Victoria BC, 28 Nov 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Prayers and thoughts are out there for Emma and her mom. Where are you girl?

Some new information: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/l...ssing-woman-leaves-a-mysterious-trail-1.75659

map-emma-fillipoff-s-last-known-whereabouts-on-nov-28-2012.jpg

Went out to the west coast of the island this week for vacation, and kept thinking about Emma and looking out for her in random places. Her posters are up all over the island - saw them in Tofino and Ucluelet and Port Alberni, as well as in Parksville and Qualicum Beach. I hope she found the help she needs and will get in touch with her family...

Some new information: http://www.timescolonist.com/news/l...ssing-woman-leaves-a-mysterious-trail-1.75659

Went out to the west coast of the island this week for vacation, and kept thinking about Emma and looking out for her in random places. Her posters are up all over the island - saw them in Tofino and Ucluelet and Port Alberni, as well as in Parksville and Qualicum Beach. I hope she found the help she needs and will get in touch with her family...

Thanks for the link, and the update on the placement of the posters, that is promising.

To the left of #7, not seen on this map, is where the police divers were searching at fisherman's wharf, a place where Emma was known to frequent.

Did we know that she was barefoot at The Empress that night?

If Emma was clutching her shoes to her chest, and something nefarious happened to her willingly or otherwise, I would speculate that at least one if her shoes would have been found. Very curious.

Ok I must have missed something. The police talked to her the night she disappeared??

Ok I must have missed something. The police talked to her the night she disappeared??

That was new info to me too, Allison. As was all the information about her planning to move back home to Ottawa to surprise her family...

No reports of her acting strangely earlier in the day. She had been on her way to the airport but something happened on that 6:10 cab ride to change her mind/plans. Without cab or car, she somehow arrived back in the downtown area, and her demeanour was strange enough that folks called 911 around 7:00. That's an approximate 45 min window in which something went very wrong in Emma's life.

Where did she get out of the cab? Was it within a 45 min walk from downtown (thus clutching shoes because her feet hurt)? Or, was she driven back downtown, and was clutching her shoes to her chest as someone might do when they feel in need of protection (like when we hear something awful and bring our hands over our chest).

I'm still highly suspicious of that cab ride, and with Emma being a private person, i'm not convinced she'd even tell police what it was.

MOO

(4) Uses bank card a second time at same Seven-11 at 5:54 pm

(5) Sandy Merriman staff see her at approximately 6 pm when she leaves the shelter
Seems everything was fine until she gets back to the shelter around 6 pm.
She purchases something at Seven-11 at 5:54 pm, walks to the shelter, doesn't stay long, leaves almost immediately and takes a taxi ride to ______

Does LE have video surveillance of Emma at the Empress Hotel?

http://www.timescolonist.com/news/local/emma-fillipoff-vanished-leaving-a-mysterious-trail-through-victoria-1.75659

No reports of her acting strangely earlier in the day. She had been on her way to the airport but something happened on that 6:10 cab ride to change her mind/plans. Without cab or car, she somehow arrived back in the downtown area, and her demeanour was strange enough that folks called 911 around 7:00. That's an approximate 45 min window in which something went very wrong in Emma's life.

Where did she get out of the cab? Was it within a 45 min walk from downtown (thus clutching shoes because her feet hurt)? Or, was she driven back downtown, and was clutching her shoes to her chest as someone might do when they feel in need of protection (like when we hear something awful and bring our hands over our chest).

I'm still highly suspicious of that cab ride, and with Emma being a private person, i'm not convinced she'd even tell police what it was.

MOO
Info about the cab ride

According to a post on the facebook page, post by SB (Feb. 18), Emma's mom spoke to the cab driver. Emma asked to go to the airport; but when she found out how much it would have cost, she got out.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/HelpFindEmmaFillipoff

Info about the cab ride

According to a post on the facebook page, post by SB (Feb. 18), Emma's mom spoke to the cab driver. Emma asked to go to the airport; but when she found out how much it would have cost, she got out.

I do have to say as a local, it's really hard to get to the airport here without a car. Most of the buses don't even go to the airport. The bus that runs the most frequently only gets you to a location that's about a 20 minute walk away. There is one route that goes to the airport itself, but it requires a weird transfer and doesn't run very frequently, conveniently, or consistently.

Cab rides to the airport from downtown are ridiculously expensive ($60-70), and if Emma didn't have enough money plus wasn't in a good place emotionally/psychologically.... I can see where she might have gotten out of the cab for that reason. Where did she get out and how did she get back? What was her plan B? Also, I wonder if she'd already purchased her flight tickets - my understanding is that it's really not possible to do that in person at airports anymore.

Info about the cab ride

Emma's mom said that Emma had money in the bank (unclear precisely when she was referring to). Emma had a "bank card" she used at 5:54 pm just prior to her disappearance. I know i've used a credit card to pay for a cab (can't recall if they take a debit card ... our pizza delivery guy does). Depending on what type of "bank card" (i.e. whatever kind acceptable to the taxi company), she could have been able to use that to pay the cab fare.

I do have to say as a local, it's really hard to get to the airport here without a car.
<rsbm>

Hey pharmchick ... imposing on you a bit here, but would you be up to calling a cab company in Victoria to enquire if they take credit cards or bank cards?

If not, i can do it but just don't know the names of the available companies in Victoria. Let me know.

Thanks !!

Emma's mom said that Emma had money in the bank (unclear precisely when she was referring to). Emma had a "bank card" she used on the day of her disappearance. I know i've used a credit card to pay for a cab (can't recall if they take a debit card ... our pizza delivery guy does). Depending on what type of "bank card" (i.e. whatever kind acceptable to the taxi company), she could have been able to use that to pay the cab fare.
The Timeline doesn't add up to me. She spent hours at the library that morning, so
  • Could she have been checking flights to Ottawa?

• Did she book a flight?

• Did she purchase a ticket online with debit card? or

• Was she just reading books? (from what has been reported, she usually spent time at the Children's section)

• Is Emma an impulsive person? Did she decide to go to the airport upon arrival at the shelter around 6 pm, or had she spent all morning planning her trip?
    Like you say sillybilly, her mom has said Emma had money in her bank account. Apparently she had enough money to buy a plane ticket, so $60-$80 cab ride made her change her plans?

• Also, she had her van. Why not drive to the airport herself, and leave the car there?

Will have to go back and read about her van being towed that day.

<rsbm>

Hey pharmchick ... imposing on you a bit here, but would you be up to calling a cab company in Victoria to enquire if they take credit cards or bank cards?

If not, i can do it but just don't know the names of the available companies in Victoria. Let me know.

Thanks !!

Yellow Taxi (used to be Empress Taxi) takes credit and debit:
http://www.empresstaxi.com/aboutUs.htm
(They are the taxis that the airport has a contract with for travel FROM the airport...)

Bluebird Cabs does as well:
http://www.taxicab.com/home.html

Victoria Taxi does too:
http://victoriataxi.com/about/

These are the only ones I can think of in town... There may be others. Someone told me there is a shuttle as well, but I don't know the details off the top of my head.

Thanks Pharmchick !!

Correcting myself here ... the timeline map shows that she DID in fact use a debit card to pay for her short cab trip within the downtown area. From what i can glean distance-wise, that trip should have been, what ... about $10.00+ I wonder what her bank account balance was at the time she disappeared.

Just before arriving at the shelter, she had used the bank machine for the second time that day. With those two withdrawals on the same day, I wonder how much cash she had on her when she got in the cab (iow, did she have gobs of cash on her to pay for a plane ticket?).

Also, the short time she spent at the shelter leads me to believe she maybe just went there to use the phone to call the cab.

I can't believe she still has not been found. If the taxi drivers and transit drivers are telling the truth then someone must have taken her if she was not found from cab drop-off point back to home base. Gull darn idiots out there! Someone have the decency to come and pay it forward. She needs to be found.

Discovery of missing Cleveland women gives hope to moms in Victoria cases

There isn’t much that gives the mothers of long-missing local children hope — but the escape of three young women held captive for about a decade in Cleveland is one of them.

[snip]

Shelley Fillipoff, the Ontario-based mother of Emma Fillipoff, 26, a trained chef who disappeared from downtown Victoria last November, said she is “profoundly happy” for the families in Cleveland but saddened that one of their mothers did not live to see it. “I said to my best friend, ‘She probably died of stress.’ ”

“I know what they would have been going through and after 10 years, I don’t think you would ever expect to see your child,” said Fillipoff, who spent about two months in Victoria hunting for Emma, and passing out posters to mail carriers, street cleaners and bus drivers.

More: http://www.timescolonist.com/entert...gives-hope-to-moms-in-victoria-cases-1.147937

That just made me cry. So heart wrenching. Please, Emma, be safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back