Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought someone said early on that you can't buy a camping pass on the day you want to use it - that it must be bought in advance because they are hard to come by. Day pass sure, but overnight passes are bought in advance. FWIW

I don't think he is near the park anyway though.

You can't buy it online, just in person at the park if you purchase it the same day.

Now you have me wondering what details you were going to share. We are starving for information in this case!

Just speaking in general terms about posting on any thread, not just this one!

Since there's nothing really new in the mainstream media to consider, I'm just mulling over what's been reported in the media thus far.

Evidently, Eugene told multiple untruths to his wife (important business meeting, be home in an hour) throughout the day before disappearing.

Questions I might have: has he had late-night "business meetings" before? If so, checking with his employer, do they concur he sometimes had these and the dates match with times his wife can recall? Has he had any bank withdrawals or expenses that are questionable? Any odd phone calls, thinking back now?

In other words, has he been doing something "on the side" unbeknownst to his wife and extended family that he hid. Something unethical, dangerous or nefarious? Or did he have a romantic interest he was keeping secret? Could he have been doing secret meetings and lying about his whereabouts for a while, yet always came home...until this date.

But if he's a straight up, loving family man as his family says, and none of the above could possibly be, what are potential reasons would he have for lying and disappearing from those he loves? I don't think his family believes he suffers from depression, but if not that, I have no ideas. Someone forced him to lie and drive far northward and not return home? As in a criminal scenario? Hopefully, it's not that.

Flowercb, yes you can quote the Owner or Admin of a Help Find support page for what they post there. Yet, (I know I mistakes in this regard, it's hard) we are not supposed to quote or reference anything posted by a visitor to the page.

Here's a link to the forum rules that might help.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

Since there's nothing really new in the mainstream media to consider, I'm just mulling over what's been reported in the media thus far.

Evidently, Eugene told multiple untruths to his wife (important business meeting, be home in an hour) throughout the day before disappearing.

Questions I might have: has he had late-night "business meetings" before? If so, checking with his employer, do they concur he sometimes had these and the dates match with times his wife can recall? Has he had any bank withdrawals or expenses that are questionable? Any odd phone calls, thinking back now?

In other words, has he been doing something "on the side" unbeknownst to his wife and extended family that he hid. Something unethical, dangerous or nefarious? Or did he have a romantic interest he was keeping secret? Could he have been doing secret meetings and lying about his whereabouts for a while, yet always came home...until this date.

But if he's a straight up, loving family man as his family says, and none of the above could possibly be, what are potential reasons would he have for lying and disappearing from those he loves? I don't think his family believes he suffers from depression, but if not that, I have no ideas. Someone forced him to lie and drive far northward and not return home? As in a criminal scenario? Hopefully, it's not that.

Flowercb, yes you can quote the Owner or Admin of a Help Find support page for what they post there. Yet, (I know I mistakes in this regard, it's hard) we are not supposed to quote or reference anything posted by a visitor to the page.

Here's a link to the forum rules that might help.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?159-The-Rules

Excellent post and points.

There are a LOT of unknowns in this case. It is a very baffling situation.

I wonder who managed the finances in the family? If he is has gone into hiding somewhere, has he been accumulating a nest egg of cash to see him through?

If we are to work on the hopeful premise that he is still alive, how long would this speculative pile of cash last?

How would he replenish it?

Where has he gone? I doubt he could cross international borders, as he may not have a passport with him. If he is in another province, I expect that there are people who have not heard of this case, and would not recognize him if they had any interactions with him.

The most hopeful scenario is that he is in some sort of dissociative fugue state.

I wonder who managed the finances in the family? If he is has gone into hiding somewhere, has he been accumulating a nest egg of cash to see him through?

If we are to work on the hopeful premise that he is still alive, how long would this speculative pile of cash last?

Where has he gone? I doubt he could cross international borders, as he may not have a passport with him. If he is in another province, I expect that there are people who have not heard of this case, and would not recognize him if they had any interactions with him.

The most hopeful scenario is that he is in some sort of dissociative fugue state.
Rbbm.
Interesting ( and hopeful ) idea.

https://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/...ociative-fugue-definition-symptoms-treatment/
The dissociative fugue is, essentially, the active state of amnesia wherein a person is doing things he or she will later forget. A person in a dissociative fugue will suddenly, and uncharacteristically, travel from the home or work with a purpose in mind but without memory of some or of all of one's past. The definition of a dissociative fugue indicates the person is not confused or dazed, but rather he or she seems to be running away from something from which they are not aware. Another symptom of a dissociative fugue is a confusion over one's identity or, possibly, even taking on a new identity
In a first-person account of a dissociative fugue case, Ms. Hannah Emily Upp talks about "waking up" after a dissociative fugue state:

"I went from going for a run to being in the ambulance . . . It was like 10 minutes had passed. But it was almost three weeks."

In the case of Ms. Upp, she was rescued from the waters off the southern tip of Manhattan, floating face down in the water after being missing for 19 days. Ms. Upp still remembers nothing from those 19 days but she was caught on security feeds in Starbucks, in an Apple store and at a gym. Ms. Upp even logged into her email while at the Apple store but there is no record of emails being sent or read during that time. Doctors think she did it on muscle memory alone and then didn't recognize the person everyone was writing to and, so, logged out. In the Apple store she also spoke to a fellow university student who asked her if she was the missing woman and she replied "no."

I think he's got involved in some sort of business he doesn't think he can get out of.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Any word on that body found in Scarborough Golf Club? Not suggested it's Eugene but it would be nice to rule it out.
JMO.

Global Korean Post, 17-Oct-2017
https://www.globalkorean.ca/gkhomep...mily-has-only-hope-for-his-coming-backupdate/

Quote from Eugene's younger brother, SK:
“I understand that there will be rumours and speculation being passed around at times like this, but I respectfully ask people to think before they participate in such rumours. This has been without a doubt the most difficult two weeks for our entire family and any rumours that come to us as a surprise can sometimes give us false hope or even hurt us further.”
I'm sure it is hard emotionally to hear some things, but need to be explored. However, it's probably best if the police or a PI collect these "rumors and speculation" to assess before being presented to the family.

York Regional Police confirmed Eugene used his cell phone on October 2, 2017, at approximately 4:30 p.m. in the North Bay area and the fact that he went Algonquin Provincial Park.
“However, no traces of his taking canoe or further moving were found” said Eugen’s family to the Global Korean Post.

Not sure of this report's wording...is it saying the York police now say that sighting of Eugene purchasing the camping permit is legit? That it really was him? Prior reports out there seemed to say the family say that witnesses saw him, but I thought the police said it was not confirmed. Or am I mistaken?

Global Korean Post, 17-Oct-2017
https://www.globalkorean.ca/gkhomep...mily-has-only-hope-for-his-coming-backupdate/
Quote from Eugene's younger brother, SK: I'm sure it is hard emotionally to hear some things, but need to be explored. However, it's probably best if the police or a PI collect these "rumors and speculation" to assess before being presented to the family.

Not sure of this report's wording...is it saying the York police now say that sighting of Eugene purchasing the camping permit is legit? That it really was him? Prior reports out there seemed to say the family say that witnesses saw him, but I thought the police said it was not confirmed. Or am I mistaken?

From the above
York Regional Police confirmed Eugene used his cell phone on October 2, 2017, at approximately 4:30 p.m. in the North Bay area and the fact that he went Algonquin Provincial Park.
“However, no traces of his taking canoe or further moving were found” said Eugen’s family to the Global Korean Post.

I haven't been following the Korean news stories because I don't believe they have an independent reporter, I think all the reports they've published have come from Korean-speaking extended family members or friends of the family, and are therefore completely rumour. I think the brothers message is directed primarily at the Korean community in Toronto, which could be rife with gossip and rumour, as they are tight knit and this sort of thing so rarely happens.

I find it odd that the family seems to have gone silent. There has been long stretches with no info or updates. I'm wondering if they have learned new information that may explain the disappearance? Maybe there is some grief for them to process in finding out he was involved in things they knew nothing about? Pure speculation and moo.

Very plausible.

Sometimes I wonder if they are just saying "We haven't heard anything new yet, but if we do, we will provide an update" to keep us from asking - these comments were found on the FB search page they have set up for Eugene Kim.

I find it odd that the family seems to have gone silent. There has been long stretches with no info or updates. I'm wondering if they have learned new information that may explain the disappearance? Maybe there is some grief for them to process in finding out he was involved in things they knew nothing about? Pure speculation and moo.

Now that the family sees that Eugene has not been found quickly, maybe it's simply a matter of them needing to take just a bit of time away from this to take care of their jobs, their own spouses and kids, and try to recoup and regather so they can come back recharged to continue the search. I am sure it has been a draining experience, and they are exhausted, stressed, and emotional. That's why I really hope they are looking into hiring a PI.

Now that the family sees that Eugene has not been found quickly, maybe it's simply a matter of them needing to take just a bit of time away from this to take care of their jobs, their own spouses and kids, and try to recoup and regather so they can come back recharged to continue the search. I am sure it has been a draining experience, and they are exhausted, stressed, and emotional. That's why I really hope they are looking into hiring a PI.
This would certainly be understandable. What a difficult position to be in.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Very plausible.

Sometimes I wonder if they are just saying "We haven't heard anything new yet, but if we do, we will provide an update" to keep us from asking - these comments were found on the FB search page they have set up for Eugene Kim.

There was an update on the FB Find Eugene Page pasted below. It seems the reason you're not hearing from them is the media is not really following up on this. i.e. yesterday's news. They seem just as lost and bewildered as from the start, though I'm sure they have likely found a bit more about his potential activities leading up (web search history, etc.).

"It seems that the media has quieted down a bit and there hasn't been a lot of news coverage on Eugene since this one... We are still without him and each day that passes by, it grows increasingly harder. We find strength in numbers and the community who have come together to help draw more awareness of his disappearance. Eugene was last known to be seen in the North Bay area on October 2, 2017. Please share with hopes to bring Eugene home!!! #findeugene"

There was an update on the FB Find Eugene Page pasted below. It seems the reason you're not hearing from them is the media is not really following up on this. i.e. yesterday's news. They seem just as lost and bewildered as from the start, though I'm sure they have likely found a bit more about his potential activities leading up (web search history, etc.).

"It seems that the media has quieted down a bit and there hasn't been a lot of news coverage on Eugene since this one... We are still without him and each day that passes by, it grows increasingly harder. We find strength in numbers and the community who have come together to help draw more awareness of his disappearance. Eugene was last known to be seen in the North Bay area on October 2, 2017. Please share with hopes to bring Eugene home!!! #findeugene"

Very sad

Media coverage certainly helps in a situation like this.
Its important to keep his name and face out there

But if the media has nothing new to report, its understandable that they move on

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...dults-hide-but-they-dont-run-far-8660467.html
rbbm.
[h=1]Missing adults hide – but they don't run far[/h] Most Britons who flee the pressures of everyday life stay close to home, researchers have found

The research discovered that despite fleeing their homes and everyday lives – and often taking extreme measures to stay anonymous, such as changing their appearance, using false identification and avoiding CCTV cameras – runaways usually remained close to their original homes, where they felt more comfortable and less conspicuous than they would in an unfamiliar place. Most of them also chose to get about on foot, rather than by using cars or public transport.

The reasons for going missing include "traumatic experiences and strong emotions of being unable to cope, [and] feeling trapped and powerless to talk about or share their feelings".

Many missing adults gravitate towards railway stations and airports where they can hide in the crowds. And a third resort to sleeping rough – everywhere from derelict buildings and sheds to underpasses and railway stations.

"For the majority of adults, their journeys involved staying local and visiting familiar places. The risks for some adults was balanced by the recognition that: 'if I had gone somewhere I didn't know, it would have been a lot harder to get through the next few days because I wouldn't know where anything was'."

It’s been long enough now, without any word from the family or the police that I believe information has come forward to them about the case. THe silence leads me to believe they discovered, perhaps, less than flattering information about Eugene or that they’ve come to suspect it is suicide and are keeping quiet until the body is found. If this case was still as dry as it was when he went missing, they’d still be making public pleas and speaking to the media. Both the family and the police.

It’s been long enough now, without any word from the family or the police that I believe information has come forward to them about the case. THe silence leads me to believe they discovered, perhaps, less than flattering information about Eugene or that they’ve come to suspect it is suicide and are keeping quiet until the body is found. If this case was still as dry as it was when he went missing, they’d still be making public pleas and speaking to the media. Both the family and the police.

Yes, you could be right. We never heard a missing person report pertaining to his companion, so perhaps the companion made his or her plans known to family. Had the two of them gone missing in Algonquin Park, then surely there would also be searches for the second person.

Above, someone posted an article stating it was confirmed he made a call at 4:30 pm around the North Bay, and confirmed he bought the ticket. Then it says they find no forward movement from there.

He did not ever enter the park that they could find, and also not seen reversing away from it? Is it possible to enter the park undetected in any locations?

Even if the family was silent, wouldn't LE let the public know they had found his car so people would stop looking for it? I don't think they know where he or his car is yet.

I think his car is hidden, maybe in a garage or storage unit somewhere, or even possibly somewhere inside the park. That same location may have also been storing a kayak or canoe, thus not requiring him to rent one. He wouldn't want to carry a filled canoe very far, so I'd think the hidden location is relatively close to the water, more or less. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back