Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1) https://www.caring.com/questions/stroke-hallucinations

Maybe he had a stroke or suffering from a stroke. He did call in sick.

Read the comments in the article, gives me goosebumps.

Possible that it changed his state of mind, reality. Left on a dream, went to his happy place to close the biggest deal of his life, then went to where he was raised up, Sault Ste. Marie, which algonquin park is on route to that town.

2) Maybe depression, can you really know if someone is depressed? Where is his car? Sorry

3) Schizophrenia, first time occurence.

4) He snapped and left to start a new life, maybe he's already in BC, maybe couped up in a hostel. Parked his car in forest or large bush, BC has a lot of forest. Or at the hostel garage or under metal shack roof. Maybe he saved up cash, wonder if there were any unusual widthdrawals prior to his leave. He wont use his debit or credit card as it's trackable. Algonquin was the bait. He didnt enter the park. Also a friend could be helping him, a place to stay where he was travelling to, a place to hide the car thats all over the news.

5) Similar to 4, had a mistress. Mistress has a house somewhere with garage.
His sudden weight loss. Sorry just assumption.

His car is very important. My assumption #2, 4, 5 answer where his car is.

What happened between 8:30am to 10:30am?
Neighbour said he saw Eugene leaving at 1030am.

To lose what you built, dont you have to replace that with security on something else. No reason to leave for no reason. So what was his reason?

https://www.parrysound.com/news-sto...se-vehicle-found-in-mactier-has-been-located/

Please view this article, its my second time posting this but its updated now. 25 year old jonathan bell was reported missing by his Family since Oct 3. Police believe he was involved in a collision morning of Oct 3. The accident / location of where Jonathan Bell was found is in route to Alqonquin Park and ste sault marie. Collision could have happened Oct 2 night or morning of Oct 3 when Eugene should be coming back home. Jonathan Bell was found on Oct 5. What was he doing for 2 days, his family reported him missing right away since he never disappears like this. His car found in Mactier Ontario.

Not exactly new information, but I found the location where Eugene Kim's vehicle was spotted in surveillance photos on Monday, Oct 2nd at 4:33 pm.
attachment.php
attachment.php

The camera belongs to the Kwik-Way convenience store in South River: https://goo.gl/maps/antNAduvtsH2
If Eugene was on his way to Voyaguer Quest Outfitting, he would have likely made a right turn at the next intersection onto Ottawa Ave, and then taken Chemical Rd east for about 20 minutes.

I'm not sure why, but this case sounds eerily famililar to the Jeffrey Boucher case.

No known history of depression or mental illness. Simply disappeared while out for a run. His body washed up on the shores of Lake Ontario about 2 months later. I think it was deemed "accidental" except that it did not make sense why he would run that far south on a morning where he had to work that day. My opnion is that Mr. Boucher took is own life, but why? We will never know.

With Eugene Kim, it's very clear that he left by his own will based on the text messages to his wife. I want to hear more about WHO he got the permit with, if there really was someone. Why don't we know more about that??? It's so key to the case! Without that information I would say it's most likely a suicide...a place where he wouldn't be found and a place that makes him happy as he enjoyed camping. Mirroring Jeffrey Boucher who was an avid runner and loved running by the Lake.

As for the missing car, if it is a suicide then he really could have driven the car into a lake. But WHO is that other person? That part just does not make sense to me.

So very sorry for his family and children. :'(

I 100% agree with all you've written.

I wonder if the 9:30pm text to his wife was a timed, pre-scheduled message via an app that didn’t require his phone to be on, or for him to physically push the send button? And maybe the response to his wife’s 11:20pm text was an auto-reply message? Working for Bell, Mr. Kim would certainly have all the latest apps and advanced technical know-how.

If he powered his phone off at 4:30pm (final cell tower connection) after he last spoke to his wife, automated text apps would’ve bought him some time until the next morning. His wife would probably have gone to bed thinking she’d see him early the next day, ergo delaying the alarm being raised.

Just a thought, I have no idea what the latest technology is vis-à-vis pre-programmable messaging. Anyone?

Oh wow! I didn't even think of that!!! There ARE pre-scripted messages like "I can't talk right now". *I've* even pressed it while the phone rang and I couldn't answer it!

Not exactly new information, but I found the location where Eugene Kim's vehicle was spotted in surveillance photos on Monday, Oct 2nd at 4:33 pm.
attachment.php
attachment.php

The camera belongs to the Kwik-Way convenience store in South River: https://goo.gl/maps/antNAduvtsH2
If Eugene was on his way to Voyaguer Quest Outfitting, he would have likely made a right turn at the next intersection onto Ottawa Ave, and then taken Chemical Rd east for about 20 minutes.

I know alot of people don't have a full picture of their car lying around but the picture they keep showing with silver rims (obviously a different car with no license plate or it was sitting in the lot) is different than the one in the video with black rims. They should specifically point that out.

Because sure they can keep saying the license plate, but when you're on the road, people use visual cues based on the car's pictures. Silver rims like that look alot different than black rims, and can significantly change the profile of the car. Just wish more matching details were provided and a more official account of what happened with the permit thing, including statement/interview from witness and or worker at the store.

While Rogues are common, being up north, where it's more sparse, more larger pick-ups, seeing a black-rimmed Rogue as the missing car picture would trigger a more immediate response in terms of sighting vs a generic, silver factory-stock picture of a Rogue. Even mentioning the difference would make a difference.

I know people aren't thinking of this at the time due to the stress, but just on an idea. There should be an app/program where you can type out the plate number and have it printed looking like our actual plates for wanted vehicles. Again, seeing the plate letters visually makes it far far easier to spot it on the road due to the similarity response. Seeing the letters in regular font, in black print makes it easy to forget. So this car would have passed by those who have seen the car Ad could have easily missed it IMO based The little details is what is critical in cases like this (in this case, it should be well known).

Finding his vehicle is key. It could be sitting out in plain sight somewhere and no one has noticed.

We had a mob murder in my town several months ago. The description of the killer's car was everywhere. 3 days later it was found around the corner from where the hit took place. It had been there the entire time. Even as police were investigating.

It's not until an unusual car has sat somewhere for a period of time that someone will call it in.

MOO

If he is up north, it could be that this story is not top of mind in Northern Ontario or getting the coverage it is in the GTA.

If the northerners aren't really hearing about it, they're not looking for his vehicle or him.

I keep pondering several questions:

1) Why did he call in sick to work? What were his intentions?
2) Why did he lie to his wife and tell her he was hoping to close a business deal? is it usual practice that he stays at work THAT late when he's got any form (or capacity) of 'business deal' he's trying to close? Was there previous mention of this "business deal' that he ever discussed casually with his wife? I mean - you just don't decide one day that you have this business deal that you are gonna stay unusually late for. Large business dealings like that don't happen instantly. Typically, stuff like that is 'in the works'. Surely he must discuss his work with his wife from time to time? Don't most married couples do that? If he told his wife he was working/staying late - do they ever chat with each other during the day? To phone and say, "hello? how are you? I love you? Anything you need me to do on my way home from work? Etc?" Lots of couples do that too.

His wife seems to think that he's not someone who would *ever* do these things. Not to sound rude, but maybe, just maybe, she doesn't truly realize that he was not being forthcoming about something. What that "something" is - remains to be seen. There ARE people out there that exist who by all accounts play the attentive role of the father and husband, and unbeknownst to the wife, pull off secretive things.

I'm sure his wife isn't naive. Which makes me wonder - is everything being laid out on the table here? Are the family of Eugene Kim being fully transparent in who Eugene Kim is and any personal issues he had been having that they even have the slightest HUNCH about? Is it at ALL possible, that Eugene has never revealed AT ALL that he may be suffering from depression? Anxiety? Has he had a mental break? Was there ANY indication leading up to this incident that may have raised a red flag? Strange behaviours? Things that were said? Was there an argument leading up to this incident? Did Eugene at ANY time prior to this incident go to the doctor for stress? Depression (even prior to being married)? Or has Eugene been secretly depressed and has never gone to the doctor about it?

Was their computer seized at all and his search history examined?

The thing with depression and mental illness in general is that we are ALL susceptible to it. We all have the potential to even have a breakdown. Nobody is immune to this, albeit, there are definitely some genetic factors that come into play with various other mental illnesses, but I'm talking about anxiety and/or depression here.

It's quite common for family members/friends to not suspect a thing about someone who has committed suicide. Not everyone who plans suicide talks about it contrary to popular belief. So many people suffer in absolutey SILENCE. No hint of it whatsoever.

It's so easy to assume that he ran off to start a new life. It's so easy to assume that maybe he got into some shady dealings (this being the more probable out of the two) But when it comes to the probability of Eugene Kim fleeing to commit suicide, almost NOBODY wants to entertain that idea. I mean - *gasp* how dare I assume this?

I've lost a friend to suicide. She too went missing. Not for as long as Eugene did, but she definitely went missing. We pinged her cell phone 3 blocks away. She was in the greatest spirits leading up to that day and not even someone who knew her best would have ever thought she would do it because she never ever mentioned it to anyone. She had bipolar disorder. But the main thing is - nobody ever suspected she would take her own life.

I'm guessing he's already dead. I can't be the only one on here that thinks this, and as much as I would love to sugar coat what I'm typing because someone on here knows him, I am on a website that expresses ideas and possibilities of how/why someone goes missing.

If he was alive, I'm sure there are people out there who would have seen him. He obviously cannot survive in Algonquin with no food or clean water (if he bought it, people would have seen him buy it). Yes, I get that Algonquin is a gigantic park which makes it near impossible to find someone, but what are the odds that someone would have seen him if he was there? There's gotta be SOME chance, right? Even a minute chance. There hasn't been. He's dodged us.

Think of the Miriam Makniashvilli case. Completely vanished. When they found her, they assumed misadventure. I figured suicide, considering WHERE they found her.

Think of Jeffrey Boucher. Possibly misadventure, but I'm gonna bank on suicide.

These are my honest opinions on the matter.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Hi, brookside, thank you for joining us!

I posted this back on page 3, post #42 of the thread. The Korean news article supported part of what you heard, where you said: "She said he never actually entered the park or picked up his canoe rental." (bolded by me)

Google Translation of a Korea Times article
https://translate.google.com/transl...w.koreatimes.net/ArticleViewer/Article/105150

Quote from same article regarding the canoe rental, thru Google translate
"The camp site, which is supposed to be Kim's license, has to go through a canoe as one of the sites on North Tea Lake. However, there is no record of canoe rental on that day."

Also from the article OfficerK -thank you for joining us!- posted:
"Brown said police traced Eugene’s last cellphone usage to a cell tower in the North Bay Area and that he had purchased a day permit to a nearby Algonquin park for that same day. Park staff said there could have been a possible sighting Tuesday but police have no indication whether Eugene ever entered or left the park."

So my question -perhaps a local can answer- is how would they know whether or not Eugene "ever entered or left the park"? Do they have cameras at entrances and exits? Do they scan the permit upon entry or exit? He has been missing for ten days, and if he isn't there, he could be anywhere ....

I keep pondering several questions:

[RSBM for focus]

I'm sure his wife isn't naive. Which makes me wonder - is everything being laid out on the table here? Are the family of Eugene Kim being fully transparent in who Eugene Kim is and any personal issues he had been having that they even have the slightest HUNCH about? Is it at ALL possible, that Eugene has never revealed AT ALL that he may be suffering from depression? Anxiety? Has he had a mental break? Was there ANY indication leading up to this incident that may have raised a red flag? Strange behaviours? Things that were said? Was there an argument leading up to this incident? Did Eugene at ANY time prior to this incident go to the doctor for stress? Depression (even prior to being married)? Or has Eugene been secretly depressed and has never gone to the doctor about it?

Was their computer seized at all and his search history examined?

The thing with depression and mental illness in general is that we are ALL susceptible to it. We all have the potential to even have a breakdown. Nobody is immune to this, albeit, there are definitely some genetic factors that come into play with various other mental illnesses, but I'm talking about anxiety and/or depression here.

It's quite common for family members/friends to not suspect a thing about someone who has committed suicide. Not everyone who plans suicide talks about it contrary to popular belief. So many people suffer in absolutey SILENCE. No hint of it whatsoever.

It's so easy to assume that he ran off to start a new life. It's so easy to assume that maybe he got into some shady dealings (this being the more probable out of the two) But when it comes to the probability of Eugene Kim fleeing to commit suicide, almost NOBODY wants to entertain that idea. I mean - *gasp* how dare I assume this?

I've lost a friend to suicide. She too went missing. Not for as long as Eugene did, but she definitely went missing. We pinged her cell phone 3 blocks away. She was in the greatest spirits leading up to that day and not even someone who knew her best would have ever thought she would do it because she never ever mentioned it to anyone. She had bipolar disorder. But the main thing is - nobody ever suspected she would take her own life.

I'm guessing he's already dead. I can't be the only one on here that thinks this, and as much as I would love to sugar coat what I'm typing because someone on here knows him, I am on a website that expresses ideas and possibilities of how/why someone goes missing.

[RSBM for focus]

These are my honest opinions on the matter.
I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

I agree completely: "It's quite common for family members/friends to not suspect a thing about someone who has committed suicide. Not everyone who plans suicide talks about it contrary to popular belief. So many people suffer in absolutey SILENCE. No hint of it whatsoever."

As a Japanese American living with depression and PTSD, I would also like to add that there is so much stigma and shame attached to mental illness in Asian communities, IMO. It just isn't something that's talked about, and especially among males, IMO.

This is truly a baffling situation.

He definitely had plans for the day he disappeared. He called in sick and drove to Angonquin Park/North Bay. This is not something someone from the GTA would necessarily just up and do IMO. He had a story to tell his wife that was believable. It gave him time to "get away" for lack of a better term, before any searching or alarms were set off.

I agree with many posters here that no one is immune to mental illness. In some cultures, it is not admitted to or spoken of. Could this be a possibility here? So many suffer in silence that even their loved ones have no idea. It worries me that he had a plan. Having a plan is not a good thing IF you are struggling with mental illness.

He set off for places that he enjoyed and spent time in. He's from The Soo. Visiting important places, "going home". I'm just guessing at this point.

I'm not ready to commit to a suicide theory yet, but his actions lead me on that path.

I hope I'm wrong. I really hope I'm wrong. He has family and a large contingent of friends that care for him and are desperate to find him. He does have a life with love and friendship. This is very clear. Hopefully he comes back and deals with whatever he needs to deal with amongst the support of his "circle".

Eugene - Call home and let everyone know you are OK.

MOO

It's astounding how far we still need to go in addressing the stigma of mental illness. In my opinion, regardless of how much we try to bring mental health issues to the forefront, it may never change the fact that people who suffer don't want to talk about it. One of the main factors in the actual suffering, is that one who suffers feels like they are a 'burden', and they would be 'better off without me'. This is a HUGE common denominator in the thought process of someone who wants to commit suicide. So why - in the grand scheme of things, why BURDEN others with the issues they are having? Some people truly believe they cannot be helped. Some are even in denial. They know something about them is off, but if they face the possiblility of them ever being diagnosed with an actual mental illness, it brings on a whole new set of fears, struggles, and outlooks on their future.

I have been deeply concerned about Eugene and have tried to help find him.

There are many unanswered questions. It is difficult to remain motivated and concerned when so much of the information, that family and friends have, is not shared. I tried to get some information from FindEugene, the friend who posted here, but unfortunately, none was forthcoming. This open sharing of information should start with posting and handing out, his latest picture, as opposed to a dated one, and any information that LE has provided the family. I am not even suggesting that they share thoughts/suspicions about his reasons for leaving, but at the bare minimum, the facts should be shared.

Most people will work towards an end goal with much more conviction and vigour, if they feel they are part of the process.

It would be wise for the family to share the facts as they know them, instead of just saying "he would not leave" (which he has) and "Find Eugene".

I get random "In a meeting" texts from my FIL on a regular basis. :giggle:

Oh wow! I didn't even think of that!!! There ARE pre-scripted messages like "I can't talk right now". *I've* even pressed it while the phone rang and I couldn't answer it!

Also from the article OfficerK -thank you for joining us!- posted:
"Brown said police traced Eugene’s last cellphone usage to a cell tower in the North Bay Area and that he had purchased a day permit to a nearby Algonquin park for that same day. Park staff said there could have been a possible sighting Tuesday but police have no indication whether Eugene ever entered or left the park."

So my question -perhaps a local can answer- is how would they know whether or not Eugene "ever entered or left the park"? Do they have cameras at entrances and exits? Do they scan the permit upon entry or exit? He has been missing for ten days, and if he isn't there, he could be anywhere ....

A "day permit", and a "one-day campsite permit" are two different things. Day permits allow you to stay for the day, but a one-day campsite permit, allows an overnight stay. I believe that the article you quoted is misleading in suggesting that it was a day permit.

Because of the size of the park, there is no way to confirm if a person has exited the park, but park rangers were able to determine that he did not stay at the campsite for which he bought the permit. There are thousands of ways to enter the park undetected, but this is not a concern in this case. We know that he bought a campsite pass. The ONLY way to buy a pass on the day of arrival, is to buy it at the front gate. So he was there.

A writer above mentioned that he had been to the Kwik Mart. This is a little variety grocery store with an ATM and a washroom. There's a gas station across the road. If he filled up, not saying that he did, but IF he filled up there, he could probably drive for seven hours without having to fill up again.

I have not read anything that confirms from where the second message was sent, other than that police believe he was in Northern Ontario. Apart from cell service along highway 60, there is almost no other cell service in the park, so he couldn't have been in the outback at 11:00 that evening. He could have driven west to the Sault, or east to Ottawa, or south back home. So far, we don't know. A detective might be able to find out, if, and where he purchased the next gas fill-up.

Inmyhumbleopinion, I am glad you are able to accept what you are facing. Only then, can you seek the help and support you need.
My very best to you.

I have not read anything about him going to Kwik Mart, at least not from LE or the family. If this was stated earlier on this forum, is it an assumption or is there an official source for this information? If he was indeed in the store, there should be surveillance footage showing his demeanour and what he bought.

A couple of thoughts:
Perhaps, the grainy picture posted earlier where Kim looks very different than his other pictures may be from that video. He appeared dazed/sleepy/intoxicated.

Where did you see this picture? Please post link, I would like to see how he looks like now. Thanks

It was posted on here earlier. Folks commented on how different he looked from the other pictures. Unfortunately, there wasn't a reference provided of where it came from.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back