Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can't believe his car hasn't been located by now ie leaves off trees, clearer view etc?
Has any family/friend suggested there is good reason to believe it's possible he left on his own volition? There was a guy north of Toronto, Barry Curtis, that went missing a few years back, and they never found him. He just simply disappeared.

I'm late to the thread on this one, and admittedly have not read every post on every page. This case has always stood out for me since seeing it through MSM way back when, as being so very bizarre, and it still is. I'm of the belief that something nefarious may have happened to Eugene.

- He told his wife that morning that he was closing a big deal at work and had an important meeting that day.
- He called in sick to work that morning, which implies to me he intended to return to his job.
- He contacted his wife stating that, great news, the deal went through.
- His workplace knows nothing of a pending deal or important meeting.
- What prompted Eugene to say this to his wife? Was there another kind of important meeting he had that day?
- Around 9PM he told his wife he would be home in an hour.
- Around 11PM he told his wife he would be home soon.
- Around 1AM he said he couldn't talk.
- I've often wondered if he was the one who actually send these text messages.
- LE were able to determine where his phone pinged earlier that day, in North Bay. Where did his phone ping when the later text messages were sent?
- LE said that when his phone pinged in North Bay, he had done some browsing. What were those websites?
- Was his phone ever turned off? If so, where and when?
- I don't know what the Algonquin Park sighting can tell us, or if he was truely with someone else or not. Was he visibly seen with someone else? Or did he just write down another person's name?
- What caused Eugene to go to Algonquin Park, with or without someone else, but likely without camping gear and/or supplies? Could he have been pressured to go there with someone else or to meet someone else?
- Is there anything to suggest he could have been involved in some not so kosher business dealings? Did he gamble? Could he have owed a debt?
- His vehicle has never been found. This to me suggests that someone else did something with it. If he switched cars, wouldn't LE have found the original by now?

I may have missed a whole lot, so any feedback is appreciated.

I'm late to the thread on this one, and admittedly have not read every post on every page. This case has always stood out for me since seeing it through MSM way back when, as being so very bizarre, and it still is. I'm of the belief that something nefarious may have happened to Eugene.

- He told his wife that morning that he was closing a big deal at work and had an important meeting that day.
- He called in sick to work that morning, which implies to me he intended to return to his job.
- He contacted his wife stating that, great news, the deal went through.
- His workplace knows nothing of a pending deal or important meeting.
- What prompted Eugene to say this to his wife? Was there another kind of important meeting he had that day?
- Around 9PM he told his wife he would be home in an hour.
- Around 11PM he told his wife he would be home soon.
- Around 1AM he said he couldn't talk.
- I've often wondered if he was the one who actually send these text messages.
- LE were able to determine where his phone pinged earlier that day, in North Bay. Where did his phone ping when the later text messages were sent?
- LE said that when his phone pinged in North Bay, he had done some browsing. What were those websites?
- Was his phone ever turned off? If so, where and when?
- I don't know what the Algonquin Park sighting can tell us, or if he was truely with someone else or not. Was he visibly seen with someone else? Or did he just write down another person's name?
- What caused Eugene to go to Algonquin Park, with or without someone else, but likely without camping gear and/or supplies? Could he have been pressured to go there with someone else or to meet someone else?
- Is there anything to suggest he could have been involved in some not so kosher business dealings? Did he gamble? Could he have owed a debt?
- His vehicle has never been found. This to me suggests that someone else did something with it. If he switched cars, wouldn't LE have found the original by now?

I may have missed a whole lot, so any feedback is appreciated.
I'm thinking he got into a deal that he thought was legit, but turned out not to be.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm thinking he got into a deal that he thought was legit, but turned out not to be.

LE should be looking into his last known contacts through his cell-phone. His bill can provide all ingoing and outgoing calls.

LE should be looking into his last known contacts through his cell-phone. His bill can provide all ingoing and outgoing calls.
Exactly. Idk why it's taking so long. Unless they just aren't telling us the results.

Regarding point #1 >> He told his wife that morning that he was closing a big deal at work and had an important meeting that day.

Just want to say I THINK perhaps there is a half truth in what he told his wife.....There was NO big deal, nothing to do with work or any business venture, but Eugene likely did have an important meeting.

:moo: :cow:

Regarding point #1 >> He told his wife that morning that he was closing a big deal at work and had an important meeting that day.

Just want to say I THINK perhaps there is a half truth in what he told his wife.....There was NO big deal, nothing to do with work or any business venture, but Eugene likely did have an important meeting.

I absolutely agree with this. 100%
I hope LE have looked into his phone records to see his last calls leading up to his disappearance. I'm guessing they already have and perhaps are investigating it.

-

RSBM

He also could have called in sick so no flags would be raised any earlier than were about his absence...ie gives him longer to get further... the texts could be seen in same light.... buying time...

Not saying he did voluntarily leave just that it is an equally viable reason to call in sick even if leaving on purpose.

JMO

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Yes, I totally agree with this. Which is why I asked 'what prompted him to say this? Was there another important meeting he had that day?' I think he said what he said to his wife because it was a half truth.

I am not familiar with location ..is this close or far away from last seen?

I have been silently following this case as this one has me truly stumped.

Where are you??? My heart bleeds for his wife and children
I just googled. Looks like approximately an hour away from Algonquin?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I think he said what he said to his wife because it was a half truth.

Or to buy him time, if they normally communicated a lot during the workday and he planned to be incommunicado.

I am not familiar with location ..is this close or far away from last seen?

I have been silently following this case as this one has me truly stumped.

Where are you??? My heart bleeds for his wife and children

RBBM

Yes, agreed. Praying Eugene is found soon.

Re: as yet unidentified remains near Haliburton:
-A local resident in this news footage says police were focusing on a time-frame going back to Thanksgiving weekend (Oct 9 2017) This would suggest that the remains are a few months old and/or that there is a witness that is saying that the remains were not there before that date (and/or perhaps just a good LE technique to jog people's memories by getting them to remember a time-frame bracketed by a long weekend...)
The drone footage seems to show police activity close to the parking area but I can't really tell if there is a vehicle that could be EK's.
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1310398

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back