Found Deceased Canada - Eugene Kim, 38, Markham, Ont, 2 Oct 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes....how odd about the other person - i’m stumped. When I viewed the CWD video they did mention another person but not to a certain extent. I thought maybe he just added another name to the registration (why I have no idea). I have to admit I started nodding off in the middle of the video so I did miss a bit of it. I’m truly baffled about this case. It will be interesting to find out if it actually is Eugene in the car and COD.

Totally clueless in Spokane.....

ETA....i’m such a ditz....forgot to mention that I didn’t realize that another person had actually been seen with Eugene until I read your post dotr....that really makes me wonder wth happened even more.

Yes....how odd about the other person - i’m stumped. When I viewed the CWD video they did mention another person but not to a certain extent. I thought maybe he just added another name to the registration (why I have no idea). I have to admit I started nodding off in the middle of the video so I did miss a bit of it. I’m truly baffled about this case. It will be interesting to find out if it actually is Eugene in the car and COD.

Totally clueless in Spokane.....

ETA....i’m such a ditz....forgot to mention that I didn’t realize that another person had actually been seen with Eugene until I read your post dotr....that really makes me wonder wth happened even more.
rbbm
The " was seen with another person " is stated on the video @ 1:49
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/family-of-missing-markham-man-dumbfounded-by-his-disappearance-1.3620869

Knowing WHY the police don't think there is foul play involved will answer the question about suicide.

Having said that, and I'm really sick in my stomach thinking this... As mentioned, it was stated he was "seen" with another person. I think knowing more about that person would be key. If Eugene got into some sort of hot water and was "forced" to travel to that area to "protect his family", and "forced" to commit suicide, we may never get to the bottom of it. If there are obvious suicidal indicators such as an empty bottle of pills or gunshot wound to the head, we can't know for certain Eugene did any of those things willfully. You know? (sorry for the choppy explanation)

And yet, what makes it uncertain is that on the same ctv news but at a later date, the brother says: “There was a second name he put on that permit, but there’s no eyewitness that can confirm that there’s actually a second person there.” (Around 1:09 in link)

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1228127

Such a mystery. The poor family. I hope the police detectives can give them some answers.

And yet, what makes it uncertain is that on the same ctv news but at a later date, the brother says: “There was a second name he put on that permit, but there’s no eyewitness that can confirm that there’s actually a second person there.” (Around 1:09 in link)

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1228127

Such a mystery. The poor family. I hope the police detectives can give them some answers.

I wonder what that name was? It would be interesting to know if it was a real person or something that was made up.

This is a sad outcome, :( and sadly I also think it's his remains inside the car. I'm thinking it's suicide, but I'm baffled about the "other person sighting." I thought it was said in the news last year, that he put down two names but no one saw anyone with him.

This is the first time I heard that Eugene had a second cellphone account.
Around the 1:52 mark:
"... and during the investigation more questions surfaced. Police learned Kim had another cellphone account .... headed to Algonquin Park. Apparently there was someone else. His family asked for privacy today."

VIDEO: https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1339385

I listened to the video and I can't tell if she said, apparently there with someone else or apparently there was someone else. I think it might be with someone else. That alternate cell phone raises some questions though.

He had a second cellphone account and also he was involved with a gambling community. It was already discussed here that he was a bookie and carried a large amount of cash on him.

He had a second cellphone account and also he was involved with a gambling community. It was already discussed here that he was a bookie and carried a large amount of cash on him.

Must have been discussed in another webgroup. It was raised as a question here, but no evidence was brought forward to suggest that it was true.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=130848&d=1519970266

If you look at this photo, the car is being loaded onto the back of the flatbed towtruck; it is not tarped at this point. I believe the police tarped it for transport as is usually the case.

As for not finding the vehicle earlier, I am not surprised. I'm in the Canadian Army and travelled from Base Borden every Friday night to Base Petawawa and back again every Sunday evening for a year through Algonquin Park.

Huge swathes of Algonquin are not deciduous trees and therefore the leaves are not falling, huge swathes of the park where cellphones don't work. And, in the winter, the park gets a tonne of snow. It would take me approx. 50-60 minutes to drive from West gate to east Gate (and vice versa) in summer/spring but me and my jeep in 4 wheel drive would often take upwards of 3.5 to 4 hours in the winter depending on how many hours since a plow had been through. Travel between those two gates is on the "main" road and many of the side roads into the camp sites are not plowed out (or plowed out all the way into the interior) in winter nor used by snowshoers or cross country skiiers. Rocking in the summer and spring months, Algonquin is very desolate in the winter.

I once towed an old lady and her small little Kia out of a ditch about 15 kms inside the East Gate during a severe snowstorm, made sure she was OK and followed her back to her home in Whitney to make sure she was OK. I've no idea what she was thinking trying to attempt that park, in that car during that storm.

I've done the 3+ hour winter drive through there many times and not seen another vehicle or a plow on the road. The husband and I had a system whereby I'd either call him from the Hunstville Timmies (about 15 minutes from the West gate) or Whitney (maybe 5 minutes from the East gate) before entering the park in winter and then would call again once I reached the town at the other end. The agreement was that if 4 hours had passed without the "I'm through the park" call from me, then he would make contact with the OPP.

I'm in Victoria BC this week on business, but will find some pics that I have of the park taken during some of my trips through in the winter when I get home. There are some doozies of the road.

Back in October and again now, looking through Eugene's pictures, I have noticed that in most of them, where others around him have wide smiles, he shows only a hint of a smile. To me, he does not appear happy. For him to leave the way he did, he may have felt that he could not share his thoughts with anyone. I feel bad for his young kids.

I am surprised that LE could not say if it was a man or a woman in the car. I dont expect the body to have deteriorated to that point, especially considering the cold weather. Also, I wonder what the person was wearing. Were they man or woman's clothes? Were they Eugene's clothes?

Police will never make that assumption base on clothing. They need a solid scientific evidence before releasing it to the press.

Police will never make that assumption base on clothing. They need a solid scientific evidence before releasing it to the press.

I agree, but just to emphasize, they may make assumptions, but the key issue is a police spokesman will never tell reporters their personal observations, opinions, or speculate "it looks to me like" or "I figure it's EK, for sure". That would be extremely unprofessional, and if by chance they were wrong would cause extra suffering to the family.

ETA. What I find annoying is that reporters, who know this perfectly well, pretend it's a big mystery why police won't say anything, and try to spin out the story to the required 30 seconds by putting in pointless details like "police won't say if it's a man or a woman", etc. They're just milking this story for every last drop of drama they can get, before the case is closed.

One friend of Eugene's who went out with an ATV looking for him way back in early October posted this map of his search location. It looks like he covered the South River area. I don't know if the fact it was on private property that he didn't find him. Was Eugene's car found on an actual roadway on off the beaten path? Here is the map from the Help Us find Eugene Facebook page. How do you cut and paste photos to show on here? I noticed some of you have done that. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155315691309915&set=pcb.10155315700429915&type=3&theater

That's right, and welcome, by the way! I also appreciate the fact that the police don't have any obligation to make a public statement when the death is a private matter, such as is often the case in a suicide.

I wonder if they would make a statement if illegal activity precipitated the suicide (if deemed so). So maybe the death was not suspicious but events leading up to it were.

One friend of Eugene's who went out with an ATV looking for him way back in early October posted this map of his search location. It looks like he covered the South River area. I don't know if the fact it was on private property that he didn't find him. Was Eugene's car found on an actual roadway on off the beaten path? Here is the map from the Help Us find Eugene Facebook page. How do you cut and paste photos to show on here? I noticed some of you have done that. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155315691309915&set=pcb.10155315700429915&type=3&theater

The latest CTV news report linked above has a brief helicopter view of where the car was found, quite close a road, not sure which one.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody
Back