Found Deceased Canada - Genevieve Cormier, 19, St John, NB, 29 Sept 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM - Yes, that is the part that bothers me.

Unfortunately, it is a stinky fact of life that sex offenders have to live in someone's area, and they are in all areas, unless we want to kid ourselves.

When women begin washing up to shore in six month intervals--another type of problem becomes evident, imo.

Maybe these sex offenders should just remain behind bars...,since they historically have been found to have little to no restraint... And this demographic "group" has a high percentage of recidivism...

:jail:

I don't think anybody is looking any further into anything. We'll probably never know.

JMO... But...

that article sounded incredibly dismissive to me!

:banghead:

(Sorry Sandpiper... My original post may have sounded like it was directed at you...
But it is directed at that whiny, self serving article you linked... :seeya:)

I'm normally a lurker but just have to say that I too do not believe that Genn committed suicide. Her actions prior to her disappearance don't add up to someone so depressed that they felt there was only one way out of the pain. I'm not an expert but I would think that her going out to hang with her friends and spend the night away from home point away from someone depressed to the point of suicide. The conversation with her Dad about the job interview on Monday sounds like a normal conversation and as if she was looking forward to that activity. The text about doing laundry and being tired sounds like a young girl that had stayed up late with her friend(s) and wanted to rest up before doing anything more. I suffer from depression and I know that when i'm in that mode I don't want to talk to anyone, I don't want to go out and hang out with friends, don't want to make dinner (like she did the night before); pretty much just want to be left alone with my thoughts and just sleep. I have attended many groups with people that suffer with the same ailment and can say that all of them who did share, felt exactly the same way that I do. I do not see anything relating to depression and suicide in any of Genn's behaviors of that day. None of this makes any sense. Something horrible happened to her; this was not a suicide.
Thank you, Melodyl, for dropping out of lurkedom and explaining so perfectly what I've been trying to say for weeks.

I hope you drop in more often.

Maybe these sex offenders should just remain behind bars..., since they historically have been found to have little to no restraint... And this demographic "group" has a high percentage of recidivism...

:jail:

BBM - I hope you know that I agree--there is no maybe about it.

However, it is our law. If we can be assured of anything, it is that they will be released after serving 2/3 of their sentence.

This is getting dangerously off topic to Genevieve's death, so I won't explain more; but you can see the picture.

My thinking in this case is that there is something more dangerous out there; and a part of the reason I think that something is more dangerous is because this person may be unknown to law enforcement.

They can watch the ones they know, but the ones just beginning--they don't know who they are to watch.

And this one completes the act by taking the lives of his victims; he doesn't content himself with destroying their lives. imnshoo

For Genevieve - justice someday!
2cok8k8.gif

Police Chief: About Three People Are Reported Missing Every Day In Saint John
About three people are reported missing in Saint John every day, according to police chief Bill Reid. While the majority of them turn up safely, some people in the community have been voicing concerns about a potential link between the cases of a handful of people who have been found deceased.

Police Chief Bill Reid says, "There's nothing to alarm our community," he adds, It's hugely unfortunate and traumatic for families."

Reid says it's important to keep in mind that, "this goes on all the time and the media will pick and choose who they're talking about and what the issue is."

He says whenever someone is reported missing they investigate thoroughly and try to re-establish contact between the person and their loved ones, but tragically some people come into harm's way.
Posted by CHSJ News at 3:06 PM

I guess we're not alone in thinking they may be related!

BBM - I hope you know that I agree--there is no maybe about it.

However, it is our law. If we can be assured of anything, it is that they will be released after serving 2/3 of their sentence.

This is getting dangerously off topic to Genevieve's death, so I won't explain more; but you can see the picture.

My thinking in this case is that there is something more dangerous out there; and a part of the reason I think that something is more dangerous is because this person may be unknown to law enforcement.

They can watch the ones they know, but the ones just beginning--they don't know who they are to watch.

And this one completes the act by taking the lives of his victims; he doesn't content himself with destroying their lives. imnshoo

For Genevieve - justice someday!
2cok8k8.gif
Oh... I recognize you agree with me...

I was just stating a fact that frustrates me so...

and it is not directed at your country...

This is the same practice in the U.S.....

and I am livid...:furious:

About three people are reported missing in Saint John every day, according to police chief Bill Reid. While the majority of them turn up safely, some people in the community have been voicing concerns about a potential link between the cases of a handful of people who have been found deceased.

Police Chief Bill Reid says, "There's nothing to alarm our community," he adds, It's hugely unfortunate and traumatic for families."

Reid says it's important to keep in mind that, "this goes on all the time and the media will pick and choose who they're talking about and what the issue is."

He says whenever someone is reported missing they investigate thoroughly and try to re-establish contact between the person and their loved ones, but tragically some people come into harm's way.

Well... Maybe the LE (everywhere) should not dismiss the concerns of the citizens then... With all due respect, Police Chief Reid!

JMO

Well... Maybe the LE (everywhere) should not dismiss the concerns of the citizens then... With all due respect, Police Chief Reid!

JMO

......and who is he referring to that comes in harms way???? Soooo frustrating....I wish they would release the cause of death at least!

Well IMHO until people in St. John, NB ban together and demand these cases be looked at more closely or given answers as to how they are ruling these cases as suicide, I also fear these cases are just going to get swept under the rug. It's not right and it's unjustifiable for this chief to say, whenever someone is reported missing they investigate thoroughly and try to re-establish contact between the person and their loved ones, but tragically some people come into harm's way. The underlined part to me is troubling.

Maybe it is painful for the families to have pertinent information released to the public in some detail about how they lost their loved ones, but it could also reassure the community there is no evil person going around murdering other peoples' loved ones. Reassurance and faith in LE is what the community desperately needs. MOO.

Gen, a beautiful Angel in heaven. RIP.

Thanks for bringing this to the thread, Jillybean51!

... some people in the community have been voicing concerns about a potential link between the cases of a handful of people who have been found deceased.
http://country94news.blogspot.ca/2013/11/police-chief-about-three-people-are.html

I interpret from this that "a handful of people found deceased" really don't matter to him.

I wonder how many he needs before it would matter: 5, 10, 25? Someone he personally loved and cared about? I wonder.

Oh... I recognize you agree with me...

I was just stating a fact that frustrates me so...

and it is not directed at your country...

This is the same practice in the U.S.....

and I am livid...:furious:

Thank you!

I think your country keeps them where they belong a little bit longer than us Canucks do, but we do seem to have a problem on both sides of the border with this.

Justice for Genevieve!

Well IMHO until people in St. John, NB ban together and demand these cases be looked at more closely or given answers as to how they are ruling these cases as suicide, I also fear these cases are just going to get swept under the rug. It's not right and it's unjustifiable for this chief to say, whenever someone is reported missing they investigate thoroughly and try to re-establish contact between the person and their loved ones, but tragically some people come into harm's way. The underlined part to me is troubling.

Maybe it is painful for the families to have pertinent information released to the public in some detail about how they lost their loved ones, but it could also reassure the community there is no evil person going around murdering other peoples' loved ones. Reassurance and faith in LE is what the community desperately needs. MOO.

Gen, a beautiful Angel in heaven. RIP.
I am a life long resident of New Brunswick, and this problem that we are seeing here exists throughout the province. (And maybe elsewhere in Canada, but I can't speak to that.)

I know we have tried to rebel against this treatment, and we are trying in this case, as well as the other two, also.

Our voice is evident in the statements that are currently being released--if we weren't trying to get our voices heard, they would not be releasing these little media blurbs.

I find that quite interesting, actually. I believe they hear us, but are in "denial to the public" mode.

I respect all the families involved in these cases--they are dealing with their personal grief and trying to be good citizens by listening to law enforcement.

I am speaking only for myself when I say that if someone took my life, I hope someone on earth would care enough to pursue the one whom had done me harm.

The suicide angle that is being put forth really upsets me. I guess it is because I am old; believe it is a sin; and would not want anyone thinking I had committed suicide as my last act here on earth.

I pray for all these families; I pray for Genevieve; I pray that this will not happen again.

In addition to bringing the perp to justice, which I,feel,very strongly about..

I also feel the family is owed a true answer about the loss of a loved one...

Knowing if a family member was murdered or had committed suicide both entail incredible devastation...

But the grieving process would be different in some important aspects between the two...

JMO

In addition to bringing the perp to justice, which I,feel,very strongly about..

I also feel the family is owed a true answer about the loss of a loved one...

Knowing if a family member was murdered or had committed suicide both entail incredible devastation...

But the grieving process would be different in some important aspects between the two...

JMO

Does anyone even know if Gen's family have been given the autopsy report? I would be interested in knowing if Gen's family have the evidence/information as to how the coroner came to the conclusion Gen committed suicide. Actually not just Gen, but all of these young women. Not that I want the gory details but I believe to have the coroner's findings could put minds at ease. Does anyone know if it was the same coroner who performed all the autopsies on these women? MOO.

Does anyone even know if Gen's family have been given the autopsy report? I would be interested in knowing if Gen's family have the evidence/information as to how the coroner came to the conclusion Gen committed suicide. Actually not just Gen, but all of these young women. Not that I want the gory details but I believe to have the coroner's findings could put minds at ease. Does anyone know if it was the same coroner who performed all the autopsies on these women? MOO.

It's too bad Beth McNeilly doesn't post anymore....where she is family she might have known....

Your first question is a very interesting question; and the correct answer to that could be telling.

I know in a truly accidental death, the family gets the autopsy in a very reasonable length of time. I also know that in a death that is being investigated or one in which there is any kind of inquiry pending, they will hold it until after everything is settled.

Now if you were a direct family member and you pushed this with an attorney, it’s possible you could acquire a copy earlier. This could vary depending on the circumstances of the investigation/inquiry, too.

I think a pathologist and an assistant may do the autopsies—so they may not have been done by the exact same pathologist; but the Office of the Chief Coroner probably signed off on them all; and all three of the autopsies were likely done at the Saint John Regional Hospital.

In the earlier reports, they did say that they would release the findings of Genn's autopsy, but it could be a while as they are awaiting toxicology reports. In all honesty, they could be still waiting.

One question I have is that they should at least be able to tell if these women drowned or were already deceased when they entered the water. I believe they can tell at least that much.

The answer to that could be what’s holding things up, (besides the tox report, of course,) and it would also be interesting to know if the other families have seen the autopsy reports for their loved ones and what was shown in their respective cases.

I think it’s possible that we find that the coroner’s findings don’t put our minds at ease, at all. jmo

Another thing I note is that the same sergeant is handling all three of these cases. I believe he is head of the Major Crimes Unit in Saint John, and in the earlier reports of Shelby’s disappearance he was not on her case. His name seems to first appear after they recovered her body—although the articles I can find on that case are slim.

He was there right from the beginning of Yeonhee’s disappearance; and Genevieve’s.

And just in the interest of keeping things in line with what has been reported—in the earlier reports released after Gen was found, CTV did quote Sgt. Henderson as saying: “At this time, I cannot confirm that foul play has been ruled out.”

The next day, Nov. 4th, CBC ran the headlines: "Foul play not suspected in death of Genevieve Cormier;" and later amended it with the sub-heading: "Police still waiting for autopsy report before ruling out foul play in Saint John teen's death"

This is a link to a CBC video also done on the 4th: http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/NB/ID/2415900030/

Coverage of Genn’s case should begin at about .30 seconds in.

The amending was done after a member of Genn’s family spoke out on Facebook.

So, I wouldn't want any of us to be accused of misunderstanding the media articles, or twisting them in any way.

I apologize for my wordiness in this comment. :blushing:

It's so hard to believe that from the sounds of it Gen was not depressed or things were not going well for her that she would commit suicide. For the report to come out so early after her discovery there must have been some indication for them to believe she did commit suicide. What would be the obvious signs if it is true? As mentioned by TP in post above, they were waiting on toxicology reports to come back. So wouldn't that rule out a drug OD at the time of the report? Let's say someone hangs or shots themselves, even those signs would be hard to determine if it was self inflicted kwim. It's all very questionable and LE seemed so certain too soon.

I pray as each day passes Gen's family gain strength and know that Gen loved them all dearly. MOO.

It's so hard to believe that from the sounds of it Gen was not depressed or things were not going well for her that she would commit suicide. For the report to come out so early after her discovery there must have been some indication for them to believe she did commit suicide. What would be the obvious signs if it is true? As mentioned by TP in post above, they were waiting on toxicology reports to come back. So wouldn't that rule out a drug OD at the time of the report? Let's say someone hangs or shots themselves, even those signs would be hard to determine if it was self inflicted kwim. It's all very questionable and LE seemed so certain too soon.

I pray as each day passes Gen's family gain strength and know that Gen loved them all dearly. MOO.

From all that I can gather about Gen from media ,Facebook and websleuths,it seems like she was a very caring ,responsible person.I find it odd that she would not have made a last phone call to family ,or even left a text on her phone and left her phone behind ,if she had actually committed suicide.I don't think she would have left her family to wonder what had happened to her,in the event that she had never been found....jmo

I don't know why her death is being possibly classified as a suicide, but IMO, this is not done simply to "makes things easier" for LE, as in most cases, suicide is the last thing a family will accept. So giving a verdict of suicide often proves more troublesome for LE, IMO. I wonder if there is more we are not being told, but JMO.

BBM -I'm concerned about what they could find in the toxicology report; and what inferences could be drawn from it.

I've not known very many 19 year olds who haven't done some experimenting.

This is just my own speculation, but they have to close this case as 'something' to keep up the facade that the deaths of the three women who washed up to shore within a year are not related.

So far all the articles we have seen have indicated that they are heading in that direction.

Again pure speculation on my part, but they could try a hidden drug habit that led to suicide.

I think in the end, the family will except it--like the other families have accepted what's been told to them.

I know in their hearts they will always believe in their beautiful, sweet, loving daughter; as I think most of us do.

Justice for Genevieve!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Altruistic_Ruin06