Found Deceased Canada - Genevieve Cormier, 19, St John, NB, 29 Sept 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
With the Bing maps, I used the red lines to show the path that Genn was known to take to her home.

I find it's a well worn path on high ground.

2yjvb6p.jpg
http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=rj8p1s9gsdg5&lvl=19.3&dir=173.89&sty=o&form=LMLTSN

I can't get the link to open to exactly where I want it. You have to pull it straight down and then to your left, but it gives a good view of the area.

Notice how her last know location indicates that she had passed the beginning paths to the low area around the dock, and was heading towards her usual route.

Gen could have walked to the dock down a path off of her route home. You can see pathways that lead right along the bank of the river to the dock.It would be a long extra walk and if she could have used the stairs why wouldn't she? If she was hungry and tired would she have even bothered?

What is in the building that was beside her last known position?Is itopen on Sunday?Anybody could be parked in the parking lot as well,waiting.....

Gen could have walked to the dock down a path off of her route home. You can see pathways that lead right along the bank of the river to the dock.It would be a long extra walk and if she could have used the stairs why wouldn't she? If she was hungry and tired would she have even bothered?
I agree, Sandpiper. She could have; but her last known location puts her past the Boaz and clearly heading to the path that she was known to travel on a regular basis.

I noticed when I was at the link--which is much clearer than my tiny map--that the paths leading down to the dock are before the Boaz. (Genn had clearly passed the Boaz.)

I think she wanted to get home; I don't think she backtracked anywhere.

But, I know, we can't say for sure.

What is in the building that was beside her last known position?Is itopen on Sunday?Anybody could be parked in the parking lot as well,waiting.....

That building is the Boaz Restaurant. Someone upthread said it closed at 3:00 on sunday,of course I can't find the post. The parking lot if vacant is pretty much out of sight of anyone at the Boaz or the Fallsview Restaurant. The path home bothers me too. I have been told by a young person who used the path that a truck could drive a good distance up the path. I don"t know something tells me there is more to this story.

I agree, Sandpiper. She could have; but her last known location puts her past the Boaz and clearly heading to the path that she was known to travel on a regular basis.

I noticed when I was at the link--which is much clearer than my tiny map--that the paths leading down to the dock are before the Boaz. (Genn had clearly passed the Boaz.)

I think she wanted to get home; I don't think she backtracked anywhere.

But, I know, we can't say for sure.

Truth I meant small paths that lead to the water from the path that she traveled home. There are actually several that head to water not too far from the entrance to the path off the parking lot.

That's the Boaz Restaurant.

I can't find a link that gives their hours, so I just called them. I was really surprised when she told me that they are not open on Sunday or Monday.

I agree that anyone could have been parked in that parking lot.

Truth I meant small paths that lead to the water from the path that she traveled home. There are actually several that head to water not too far from the entrance to the path off the parking lot.
Yes, I agree. It's really a maze of paths. I put a red dot at the beginning of the path that they believe Genn used; but I noted with the yellow dot a surprisingly large area that could be connected--although it would require a slight detour.

And it looks large enough that a car could have parked right there.

I believe that whole are was searched by the STJ police with dogs and heat sources; as well as by people who volunteered. IDK

23hoimq.jpg

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=rj8p1s9gsdg5&lvl=19.3&dir=173.89&sty=o&form=LMLTSN

With the Bing maps, I used the red lines to show the path that Genn was known to take to her home.

I find it's a well worn path on high ground.

2yjvb6p.jpg

I can't get the link to open to exactly where I want it. You have to pull it straight down and then to your left, but it gives a good view of the area.

Notice how her last know location indicates that she had passed the beginning paths to the low area around the dock, and was heading towards her usual route.

That's an incredible view.
Thanks so much Truth!

:cheers:

:(:(:(:(Drove by Reversing Falls today and immediately thought of Genevieve. It makes me very sad that there will likely never be an answer to what happened to her and that if somone did harm her (as most of us believe) that the person will likely never be brought to justice.

That building is the Boaz Restaurant. Someone upthread said it closed at 3:00 on sunday,of course I can't find the post. The parking lot if vacant is pretty much out of sight of anyone at the Boaz or the Fallsview Restaurant. The path home bothers me too. I have been told by a young person who used the path that a truck could drive a good distance up the path. I don"t know something tells me there is more to this story.
BBM, yes, I agree.

Two questions, if you don't mind:

1) When you mention a truck driving up the path, do you mean entering from Riverview Dr.?

And 2) Do you know if there is any connection between Yeonhee's family and the Boaz Restaurant? After I called the other night, I couldn't stop thinking about it. They are Korean and I'm sure I was talking to Korean people; also a Google search shows that it is a Korean and Japanese restaurant.

There are two of them--one in Rothesay and the one on Bridge St. Mr. Han came up with a $50,000.00 reward for any information that could lead to his wife's whereabouts.

So, I can't help wondering.

I finally found a link for the BoAz showing their hours, btw. If you scroll down at this link, it confirms that they are closed Sunday and Monday; open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 11:30 am until 9:00 pm; open Friday and Saturday from 11:30 am until 10:00 pm.

That's an incredible view.
Thanks so much Truth!

:cheers:

Thank you; but the thanks really goes to Jillybean51!

I was strictly a Google maps person, until Jillybean introduced me to Bing.

Justice for Genevieve!
s1kxv4.gif

:(:(:(:(Drove by Reversing Falls today and immediately thought of Genevieve. It makes me very sad that there will likely never be an answer to what happened to her and that if somone did harm her (as most of us believe) that the person will likely never be brought to justice.

It makes me very sad, too.
sees_030.gif

Let's pray that we are not back at this board in another six months talking about another senseless death.

We should all agree to be careful and not to walk alone, if we can avoid it; also, especially keep gently reminding the teenagers and younger women.
peurbougie.gif

BBM, yes, I agree.

Two questions, if you don't mind:

1) When you mention a truck driving up the path, do you mean entering from Riverview Dr.?

And 2) Do you know if there is any connection between Yeonhee's family and the Boaz Restaurant? After I called the other night, I couldn't stop thinking about it. They are Korean and I'm sure I was talking to Korean people; also a Google search shows that it is a Korean and Japanese restaurant.

There are two of them--one in Rothesay and the one on Bridge St. Mr. Han came up with a $50,000.00 reward for any information that could lead to his wife's whereabouts.

So, I can't help wondering.

I finally found a link for the BoAz showing their hours, btw. If you scroll down at this link, it confirms that they are closed Sunday and Monday; open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 11:30 am until 9:00 pm; open Friday and Saturday from 11:30 am until 10:00 pm.
Excellent thought about a connection between Yeonhee and the restaurant.Could she have been on her way to work early that morning to prep for lunch.I wonder what day of the week she went missing,whether the restaurant was closed that day.....I'll try to find out who the google who the owner might be re: Mr Han.Thanks for the great thought Truth!

Excellent thought about a connection between Yeonhee and the restaurant.Could she have been on her way to work early that morning to prep for lunch.I wonder what day of the week she went missing,whether the restaurant was closed that day.....I'll try to find out who the google who the owner might be re: Mr Han.Thanks for the great thought Truth!
We are on the same track, Jilly. :)

April 22, 2013 was a Monday; and they are apparently always closed on Monday.

However, she could have been heading in to meet a delivery driver or get a few things done that she didn't have time to finish on Saturday.

14uw8cn.jpg

Notice they have a daughter in grade 10 from this link.

She most likely attends Saint John High School, as did Genevieve and Shelby.

I think it's important to look for possible connections--not to start rumours--but because these women could have been targeted through some connection, no matter has minuscule.

And if someone is targeting their victims, that should make it a lot easier for law enforcement to catch, than a person who is randomly selecting their victims.

:cow:

However, she could have been heading in to meet a delivery driver or get a few things done that she didn't have time to finish on Saturday.

14uw8cn.jpg

I think it's important to look for possible connections--not to start rumours--but because these women could have been targeted through some connection, no matter has minuscule.

And if someone is targeting their victims, that should make it a lot easier for law enforcement to catch, than a person who is randomly selecting their victims.

BBM - excellent work TP!

How old was Shelby when she went missing? Found it, she was 20 when she went missing.

Again I think it is telling when it's been three young women; no males. How ironic is that?!

I would think had Gen used alcohol or illegal drugs the evening before they will show up in toxicology tests but not in high numbers as I do not believe she was heavily involved in alcohol or drugs (if at all) based on the bit of information on her fb. This generation seems to be quite open, in your face and somewhat proud of those "entertainment" things and generally speaking seem somewhat boastful about their use on social network sites such as fb and I don't get that from viewing Gen's page kwim.

If anything, I assume Gen decided to go for a walk along the water and accidentally fell, injuring herself, maybe knocked unconscious and that is how it played out. I would assume even if the autopsy reports showed some head trauma, it would be hard to determine if it happened from a fall or being moved around in the water near rocks and such. It just really bothers me to think this is how she met her end but LE would claim suicide. They obvious know why they came to that conclusion but maybe cannot or won't say. Wish we could find out their theory/findings and put it all to rest. JMHO.

BBM - Swedie, do you have a list of all suicides in St. John? How do you know it's all females?

Where I live there are suicides every day, but we are not told about them in the media. My thoughts are that these 3 women were missing and extensive active searches were on for all 3 of them, teh media was covering all 3 stories as they were missing. This is not the case for every suicide victim.

{Calendar snipped by me.}

BBM - excellent work TP!

How old was Shelby when she went missing? Found it, she was 20 when she went missing.

Sorry to quote myself, but I wanted to address the line bolded by you. :blushing:

There is no indication from any reports that these girls new each other--I want to be clear on that.

My thoughts go towards maybe they all knew someone that knew each one of them.

I came across a radio interview done when Shelby had first gone missing, and she also has a connection to the west side of Saint John.

She moved from Maces Bay to the West Side when she was only a baby. Even though she was currently staying at First Steps, a friend said that she usually stayed with her grandmother.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that her grandmother still lives on the west side; but, regardless, she would certainly have been familiar with many west side residents as she had been raised there.

BBM - Swedie, do you have a list of all suicides in St. John? How do you know it's all females?

Where I live there are suicides every day, but we are not told about them in the media. My thoughts are that these 3 women were missing and extensive active searches were on for all 3 of them, teh media was covering all 3 stories as they were missing. This is not the case for every suicide victim.
Hi, LoyalSleuth. I apologize if you feel I'm butting in, and I hope you will forgive me.

I have addressed suicide statistics for the province of New Brunswick in previous comments, but I have since found figures pertinent to the city of Saint John, specifically.

25f4uix.jpg
http://www12.statcan.gc.ca/health-s...rchType=Contains&SearchPR=01&B1=Deaths&Custom

And here is the map showing the broad expanse of Zone 2--light green area--encompassing a larger swath than the city of Saint John, proper.

2yzk5ll.jpg
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/82-583-x/2011001/article/11480-eng.pdf

Particularly, I hope you will note the difference between the male and female numbers. They are asking us to believe that three women, all within the last year, threw themselves in the river to drown.

I live in Moncton--and the Moncton suicide rate is higher than Saint John--but I assure you they do not happen every day.

Now, yes, the media will report a suicide as an sudden accidental death--to spare the family; but, believe me, word gets around and we hear that it was a suicide.

We are a sad lot at those funerals--left with only our feelings that we let our friend or loved one down.

I did live in Saint John for a little more than eight years, and I can say with absolute honesty that it is a vibrant, beautiful port city. The people are warm and caring; they are not the depressed, suicide driven folks that their law enforcement is currently making them out to be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420
Back