Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Newman, 24, Calgary, 10 March 2015 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks skinnycat.. so if you go to a site, say like 'canada411' and look up your name, it wouldn't be found for a corresponding phone number/address? If that is the case, then how are we sleuthing the players' addresses? Just curious.

Not in Canada, I only have a cell phone, have googled my own number nothing comes up

The police can get the information from the cell phone providers, or at least what the cell phone provider has on file.

If it's one of those burner phones the most that I think that they can find is where it was bought, I may be wrong on this but I don't believe that they can get the call logs on burner phones.

Forgive me if I'm repeating from long ago, because I'm sure this must have been discussed at the beginning at some point, but.. JRN would have had her cellphone with her.. and so I wonder what LE was able to obtain from that.. ie location? was it suddenly turned off? when? do we know any of that stuff?

Thanks skinnycat.. so if you go to a site, say like 'canada411' and look up your name, it wouldn't be found for a corresponding phone number/address? If that is the case, then how are we sleuthing the players' addresses? Just curious.

Nope it won't show up, not a cell phone. There are services that you can buy that is supposed to be able to find the owner of the cell phone, I don't know if they work or not

No. The question is WHY are you sleuthing the players' addresses?

No. The question is WHY are you sleuthing the pkayers' addresses?

Someone said a Poirier lived a few blocks from Jessica. No one else knows where either of the people live or how that was found out.

Someone said a Poirier lived a few blocks from Jessica. No one else knows where either of the people live or how that was found out.
I figured that's what you meant, but if you're sleuthing addresses, just remember you can't post them here.

ETA: I'll also add a note about rumors and social media posts, since that has been an issue in this thread.

• Linking to the CPS and the Please Help Find JRN FB pages is allowed.
  • C&P'ing posts from either page is NOT, with one exception. You can copy and paste posts made by the Calgary Police Service.
  • The same would hold for any MSM FB or Twitter feeds. You can C&P a reporter's posts, but not the replies by readers. (And ALWAYS include a link.)
  • Posts by readers are considered rumor, and rumors are not allowed. Don't copy and paste them, nor even discuss them. Once that starts, the actual facts of a case become muddied, which results in confusion, and possible harm to an investigation and to innocent individuals.
Q: So what happens if a known player, e.g., JRN's mother, posts on FB?
A: You can paraphrase the post, and then provide a link.
(For those who don't know how to provide a direct link to a particular FB post or tweet, click on the date/time of the post, and it will open in a separate page. C&P the url of that page into your post. This prevents others from having to scroll through hundreds of posts/tweets to find the one you referenced.)

Example:

"In a reply to the post about the CPS letter, JRN's mom asked for prayers for the detectives working Jessica's case."
https://www.facebook.com/groups/442094635949627/permalink/454743461351411/

Q: What if I read a post that could be relevant but hasn't been confirmed (rumor)?
A: You can link to it without providing details.

Examples:

"FYI, interesting post by a KC-R on March 14 at 6:26 pm CDT."
"Look at the post by AZ on the morning of March 15. Any MSM on that?"
https://www.facebook.com/CalgaryPol...74974529/10153138606539530/?type=1&permPage=1

Recap: Don't post rumors/unsubstantiated information. Don't copy and paste from social media. Always include a link to any published information, including SM. No link, no post.

Finally, if you have questions about the rules, or want to know why a post was removed; or, if you disagree with a mod's decision, DO NOT post about it in the thread. Address all questions and concerns in private message to a moderator or administrator.

Rules: Etiquette & Information

Thanks,

Bessie

Gotta wonder why the father has to fight with lawyers AND family services to grant 50/50 custody to the mother. He is definetly loud and clear that he is not behind Jessica's disappearance.
I suspected there was CFS involvement and that is why they needed to go to court. A mediated or mutually agreed upon custody arrangement doesn't usually need a court date... UNLESS there is a third party's interest to consider - Like CFS.

The comment from the x gives me the impression that JRN had to have supervised visits, the x was trying to help her get unsupervised visits.

When a woman goes missing or is murder, I always think the x or current mate is number 1 suspect.

I think JRN`s x was really trying to help her,

I wonder if the police have looked at her regular customers, if JRN was outside waiting, and her ride was late, if a regular customer came along and offered her a ride would she accept it? It wouldn't look suspicious if she willing got into a car

I hope I'm wrong but I do think that whom ever is responsible for JRN disappearance is someone she had some kind of association with

The comment from the x gives me the impression that JRN had to have supervised visits, the x was trying to help her get unsupervised visits.

When a woman goes missing or is murder, I always think the x or current mate is number 1 suspect.

I think JRN`s x was really trying to help her,

I wonder if the police have looked at her regular customers, if JRN was outside waiting, and her ride was late, if a regular customer came along and offered her a ride would she accept it? It wouldn't look suspicious if she willing got into a car

I hope I'm wrong but I do think that whom ever is responsible for JRN disappearance is someone she had some kind of association with
"Jessica Rae Newman, a 24-year-old mother of three, was last seen when an ex-boyfriend dropped her off at her Forest Lawn home at about 9:30 p.m. March 10. She later vanished and did not appear in court the next day for a child custody hearing over her two-year-old."

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/police-ramp-up-search-for-missing-calgary-woman

"Jessica Rae Newman, a 24-year-old mother of three, was last seen when an ex-boyfriend dropped her off at her Forest Lawn home at about 9:30 p.m. March 10. She later vanished and did not appear in court the next day for a child custody hearing over her two-year-old."

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/police-ramp-up-search-for-missing-calgary-woman
It is completely possible that she walked to a store or another errand after dropping her stuff off at home. At that point, something could have happened that had nothing to do with the ex.

It is completely possible that she walked to a store or another errand after dropping her stuff off at home. At that point, something could have happened that had nothing to do with the ex.

It was stated in one of the posted news articles that she was dropped off but never went in.

I suspected there was CFS involvement and that is why they needed to go to court. A mediated or mutually agreed upon custody arrangement doesn't usually need a court date... UNLESS there is a third party's interest to consider - Like CFS.
CFS involvement signals some serious issues, especially if one has to fight for a Mother to have her own child 50% of the time.

CFS involvement signals some serious issues, especially if one has to fight for a Mother to have her own child 50% of the time.
Not necessarily. If they got involved because of another child, they are hard to get rid of. She may have been young, with no parenting skills and the inability to care for a child. The fact that she didn't seem to have a stable home gave them pause.

If the target of LE's infomercial-like, tactical, fake letter to her mother is someone not known, then why ask her to share it with her supporters? It has to be targeted at someone involved in the support group, or online regulars... be it to bring her out of hiding, or to get one of whatever circle of friends to break their collective silence.

If there is some sort of mystery serial killer aspect to this, I doubt that letter is going to intimidate or worry any of them. It is not very often that serial criminals of that nature discuss it, or let on to anyone around them.

If LE suspects some sort of mystery serial murderer in this, then that letter is a pretty weak and comical effort to catch a killer, when they should actually be having a full press conference complete with a direct warning to the public.

There is a reason for the letter release, and the release of the changed "last seen" information... in different formats, and in different locations.

Not necessarily. If they got involved because of another child, they are hard to get rid of. She may have been young, with no parenting skills and the inability to care for a child. The fact that she didn't seem to have a stable home gave them pause.
If not having a stable home got CFS involved in the custody order, then a large number of renters in Calgary would only have visitation with their child. There are many people that move in with family and friends, or change homes regularly.

Things like where a child lives after a split is worked out by the courts. If someone is not quite ready, they put off making final orders until such and such a time and schedule a new date... and usually leave it to whatever form of provincial mediation is in place. If someone called CFS, and she simply didn't have a place yet, they wouldn't get that deeply involved.

If the other parent has to convince CFS to let their own child to be in the other parent's presence for 50% of the time, then CFS most likely has a serious concern for the child's well being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine