Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Rowe, 31, Drumbo, Ont, 6 Aug 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, if she was inside the trunk, it would be more obvious, at least that is how I feel.
As far as the unidentifiable, that is rumor so far
I think it is unusual that it took so long for police to let family identify her, even though family stated on SM that it was her before formal ID

I haven't seen any indication that family ever did identify her, but rather, that her identification was confirmed through autopsy. Do you have an indication from somewhere that family eventually identified her?

I haven't seen any indication that family ever did identify her, but rather, that her identification was confirmed through autopsy. Do you have an indication from somewhere that family eventually identified her?

Don't think so
I believe it was something I read somewhere about family not allowed to identify right away
Maybe it was a comment on the

Yes, that is the case
I suppose many will never be convinced.
Her son has accepted the results
It was a very crazy case.

I am certainly not there yet in thinking that this (JR) is a suicide.
To date, I haven't seen anything to suggest that.
But, to date, I have not heard anything that confirms murder either
I lean towards murder because it is being investigated by a criminal investigation team and has been called suspicious

I

As a mother, I can't fathom that a mom could do that with the care of such a young baby under her care, and on top, so close to his first birthday.. but if someone *was* that depressed, wouldn't others that were close to JR know (since if it was that severe, how could someone hide it so well?), and wouldn't we have heard little indications of that from somewhere along the line, after 2 months? I wonder, and we will obviously never know, since it can't be known, how many suicides are mistakenly identified as such when in fact they are homicides?

ETA I get it that lots of suicides happen with people so depressed and yet nobody seemed to have known, but it seems like in hindsight, after the fact, some signs were there.. and further, I can't personally imagine that JR wouldn't have sought help for herself if she was having such horrible thoughts, knowing that she had this special someone who looked to her for his care. jmo

Good catch
I wonder why

I wonder if the reporter said 'hazmat suits' when he/she may not fully understand the differences between a hazmat suit and the paper, disposable suit that police don during forensic investigations so as not to contaminate a crime scene?

Don't think so
I believe it was something I read somewhere about family not allowed to identify right away
Maybe it was a comment on the

Yes, I read the comment.. it was stated (2 days after the initial post) (initial post was August 7th, so i believe the update was posted on August 9th, the same day the autopsy was performed) that because the 'forensic team had not yet finished their investigation', 'no family had been allowed to go and identify her'. This was posted by the same person who opened the , which is not an immediate family member. As far as i know, it hasn't ever been said whether the body was ever released to the family, or even that the forensic team has completed their investigation. The 'funeral' mentioned a 'memorial visitation', and a 'memorial service', which may not include the body. jmo.

Yes, I read the comment.. it was stated (2 days after the initial post) (initial post was August 7th, so i believe the update was posted on August 9th, the same day the autopsy was performed) that because the 'forensic team had not yet finished their investigation', 'no family had been allowed to go and identify her'. This was posted by the same person who opened the , which is not an immediate family member. As far as i know, it hasn't ever been said whether the body was ever released to the family, or even that the forensic team has completed their investigation. The 'funeral' mentioned a 'memorial visitation', and a 'memorial service', which may not include the body. jmo.

That is a good point
It doesn't say anything about her body
I thought it may have been a cremation, but there is nothing reported about LE releasing her body

That is a good point
It doesn't say anything about her body
I thought it may have been a cremation, but there is nothing reported about LE releasing her body

Correct , however the wording of the memorial service suggest remains were present - there would be no need for a "visitation " the day prior to the actual funeral without , right ? Opinions welcome <3

Friends and family will be received on Monday, August 15, 2016 at Coutts Funeral Home, 96 St. Andrews Street, Cambridge (519-621-1650) from 5-9 pm. A Memorial Service will take place the following day on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 2pm from the funeral home chapel.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...essica-Rowe&lc=3762&pid=181058600&mid=7046553

According to her obituary, friends and family were invited to a memorial visitation Monday afternoon at a funeral home in Cambridge, with a memorial service scheduled for Tuesday evening.

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/08/15/memorial-set-for-angel-mother-found-in-car

i guess it can be interpreted either way.
The word viewing is never used nor is there mention of a cremation which is often included in an obit
No mention of internment if buried

I wonder if the reporter said 'hazmat suits' when he/she may not fully understand the differences between a hazmat suit and the paper, disposable suit that police don during forensic investigations so as not to contaminate a crime scene?

Do you know the differences?

I assumed the forensic suits were similar, and there are just different levels of protection. Sometimes, as in the Millard farm inspection, I understand they brought in students to help comb the area (maybe criminology students), and the outfits were more or less to help distinguish who is who.. In the Millard farm photos you have both the guys with full face mask (maybe the old pig farm really stank?) and you also have those in lab coats and low level dust particle masks on. I'd think just being allergic to environmental allergies someone may dress in that gear. I wear a breathing mask when I cut my grass.

When my brother goes on certain projects he wears a safety vest even though they'll be in a field and it is more or less so the public knows there is work going on and they aren't randoms.

This article is kind of interesting, and it points out one case they wore them simply because the agricultural land they were checking had been fertilized http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/hazards.html

Correct , however the wording of the memorial service suggest remains were present - there would be no need for a "visitation " the day prior to the actual funeral without , right ? Opinions welcome <3

Yes you can still have visitation with cremation which would be for visiting with the family to comfort them. Also some are in a coffin first perhaps for visitation, and then cremated. I don't think we need to know. I think I might do coffin first so the kids can come to terms with it, but then I want cremation. (just saying)

Yes you can still have visitation with cremation which would be for visiting with the family to comfort them. Also some are in a coffin first perhaps for visitation, and then cremated. I don't think we need to know. I think I might do coffin first so the kids can come to terms with it, but then I want cremation. (just saying)

Not trying to be morbid or intrusive , we were discussing it as a means of determining if the rumours of friends of her close extended family were true - that she was unrecognisable when found and that may be why they waited to release her identity once the post mortem was competed .

I too believe viewings are morbid and psychologically damaging , but in this case we are looking to sort of indirectly determine COD and TOD ect

If there was a viewing of her remains it suggests her COD was not visible to the eyes. With so little to go on , that's how we went down that road .
*High fives

Friends and family will be received on Monday, August 15, 2016 at Coutts Funeral Home, 96 St. Andrews Street, Cambridge (519-621-1650) from 5-9 pm. A Memorial Service will take place the following day on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 2pm from the funeral home chapel.

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/di...essica-Rowe&lc=3762&pid=181058600&mid=7046553

According to her obituary, friends and family were invited to a memorial visitation Monday afternoon at a funeral home in Cambridge, with a memorial service scheduled for Tuesday evening.

http://www.lfpress.com/2016/08/15/memorial-set-for-angel-mother-found-in-car

i guess it can be interpreted either way.
The word viewing is never used nor is there mention of a cremation which is often included in an obit
No mention of internment if buried

I had always associated the term 'memorial service' with a service where the deceased was not present, and by extension, I got that the 'memorial visitation' was also without the deceased being present, but rather, an opportunity to visit the family, pay respects to the family, talk about the deceased,etc. And yes, it wasn't mentioned whether there had been, or will be in future, a cremation, or where the body will be interred if buried.

Do you know the differences?

I assumed the forensic suits were similar, and there are just different levels of protection. Sometimes, as in the Millard farm inspection, I understand they brought in students to help comb the area (maybe criminology students), and the outfits were more or less to help distinguish who is who.. In the Millard farm photos you have both the guys with full face mask (maybe the old pig farm really stank?) and you also have those in lab coats and low level dust particle masks on. I'd think just being allergic to environmental allergies someone may dress in that gear. I wear a breathing mask when I cut my grass.

When my brother goes on certain projects he wears a safety vest even though they'll be in a field and it is more or less so the public knows there is work going on and they aren't randoms.

This article is kind of interesting, and it points out one case they wore them simply because the agricultural land they were checking had been fertilized http://www.crime-scene-investigator.net/hazards.html

i don't personally know the differences between the various types of hazmat suits, but as i understand it, there are several, with the differences and levels of protection being geared to the task at hand. i'm also not sure if the various colors of the suits are indicative across the board, of the type of suit, or if one manufacturer might make a different color of same type than another manufacturer might. hence I am wondering if a newspaper reporter might also not know the differences. interesting also that no photographs were taken by media of police scouring the fields in their suits, or the drones, etc. jmo

In thinking that family members had been asking for anyone/everyone to call into the tip line with anything at all, even rumors they may have heard.. I am thinking the 'memorial visitation' was an excellent opportunity to perhaps gather a lot of perhaps important and relevant information from those closest to her, all in one place, at one time, just in conversation, etc., without it seeming to be a big deal. Anything mentioned during that time that was more than nothing, could have been then passed along to police, who could then go and question the person in more depth to see what they remembered/knew, etc. ? jmo again.

ETA; PS I am not getting from the wording of the memorial service anything to suggest the remains were present. moo

Here's something interesting. I googled that product she has on her Facebook call "It Works". If allowed, here's a Youtube [video=youtube;9R0buh7yPOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R0buh7yPOQ[/video].

It's wraps but also supplements. She could have been all wrapped which would look odd to police, especially if she did her entire body. (speculating)

I also read how these products can be dangerous--both the wraps and the supplements. https://it-works.pissedconsumer.com/dangers-of-body-wraps-ingredients-20150615650491.html.

i don't personally know the differences between the various types of hazmat suits, but as i understand it, there are several, with the differences and levels of protection being geared to the task at hand. i'm also not sure if the various colors of the suits are indicative across the board, of the type of suit, or if one manufacturer might make a different color of same type than another manufacturer might. hence I am wondering if a newspaper reporter might also not know the differences. interesting also that no photographs were taken by media of police scouring the fields in their suits, or the drones, etc. jmo

It's an excellent point , as I understand it the Hazmat suit is the one that is fully encloses the body that requires oxygen supply - I've seen blue orange and yellow versions but the defining characteristic is the oxygen supplied thick rubber head to toe suit - to avoid breathing in airborne pathogens wether biological or chemical - like the ones in outbreak . Regular forensic jumpsuits are thin white breathable material similar to painting gear and are most often accompanied by gloves and full facial or eye goggles .. Mean to prevent transfer of DNA from investigators onto the crime scene ect . It's a great point because so many people do not know the difference .

Now that I read about those products, I'm settling on the idea she may have had an allergic reaction to use of the products which makes sense why it would seem suspicious and why we would not have heard anything. Maybe she turned around to find help when her face starting burning up. If that's the case, it is sad indeed.

I know when I was getting married, I wrapped myself in a plastic trash bag before jogging so I could slim down. Makes sense. IMO

No more speculating from me now. May God bless her family.

Now that I read about those products, I'm settling on the idea she may have had an allergic reaction to use of the products which makes sense why it would seem suspicious and why we would not have heard anything. Maybe she turned around to find help when her face starting burning up. If that's the case, it is sad indeed.

I know when I was getting married, I wrapped myself in a plastic trash bag before jogging so I could slim down. Makes sense. IMO

No more speculating from me now. May God bless her family.

i think if that were the case, it would be known, since it is known that jr touted these products. The death would no longer be considered suspicious and they wouldn't be referring to it as a 'crime'... and family wouldn't be looking for someone to be brought to justice. moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor
Back