Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Rowe, 31, Drumbo, Ont, 6 Aug 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder what kind of women Jessica's fiance dated before Jessica wonder if he might have a crazy ex in his past. The fact that it was not easy to recognise Jessica makes me think jealousy or revenge.

I was reading a bit about LE using drones.
It seems it really speeds up the investigation, taking many photos in a shorter time span as well as searching areas that are not easily accessible, looking for weapons, clues or people.

If the rumors are true about her appearance, and all we have are rumors, I think of a gun shot.
It could still take an autopsy in some situations to determine murder versus selfinflicted.

We have no idea what LE has to work with but something told them that this was not some random nut taking potshots at strangers... no danger to the public

How did LE come to the conclusion that the public was in no danger almost immediately?
Was there something on her phone?
Had there been problems with someone?

I have always had a feeling that when Jessica got in her car that morning, someone was waiting for her inside ,of course, JMHO

How did LE come to the conclusion that the public was in no danger almost immediately?
Was there something on her phone?
Had there been problems with someone?

I have always had a feeling that when Jessica got in her car that morning, someone was waiting for her inside ,of course, JMHO

I totally agree , this must have been personal ,otherwise why all the secrecy ? How does it compromise an investigation to declare it murder ? That's why I still think they have a suspect and do not want to cause that person to panic and flee once they hear it's officially a murder investigation and are waiting until they have enough evidence to make charges stick .

Or they are really grasping at straws with no suspects , no evidence and the longer it drags on the more likely the case will go cold.

I can't stop thinking about her son , I have a one year old myself .
So sad

I totally agree , this must have been personal ,otherwise why all the secrecy ? How does it compromise an investigation to declare it murder ? That's why I still think they have a suspect and do not want to cause that person to panic and flee once they hear it's officially a murder investigation and are waiting until they have enough evidence to make charges stick .

Or they are really grasping at straws with no suspects , no evidence and the longer it drags on the more likely the case will go cold.

So sad

Yeah this
It is worrisome and we have all seen it before

Aren't there different reasons for why a body might not be able to be ID'd after death? Sorry that i can't get this notion out of my head, but it totally makes sense for me. sorry my shift key isn't working intermittently so my caps are missing ;/ Anyway, we don't know when exactly the last time was that JR was seen alive, BEFORE the time when she was 'said' to have left her home to go to work. how long was it? is it possible that her body/face/identifiable features were .... decomposed to a level that made her unrecognizable? I don't think it takes that long, but surely longer than just like maybe 4 hours? What if it was a day? Two days? We don't know. At the same time, when she went for autopsy and her id was confirmed.. if someone was saying they just saw her leave the home 4 hours ago, they would know something wasn't right with that, if the autopsy was showing way longer since death occurred? Therefore, they would know all 3 things all at once... i her identity; ii that the story of last time seen doesn't match with the body and therefore the death is suspicious; and iii therefore, since someone seems to have the story wrong, there must not be a danger to the public. i could be totally off base, but that's my theory and i'm sticking to it!

The drones and the dogs .... looking for a suspect hiding in the fields somewhere?

The hazmat suits.. no idea.. is this normal? if it was set up to appear that it was a self inflicted carbon monoxide poisoning, and police knew right away that that could be a possibility, would they wait until their men were suited up before dealing with the body and the vehicle? probably!

Does anyone happen to know if decomposition is increased in carbon monoxide deaths? Was it really hot out at the time she died?

She had a family, a child, many friends, a fiance, a job
If she was dead longer than the last person who saw her said they saw her, wouldn't someone else have noticed?
I mean not an hour or so but many hours?
And this road where she was found.. is it busy? Nobody spotted the car running til the witness took a walk?

Was she killed elsewhere and brought there in the morning?

No information makes for a lot of questions

If LE thinks she was dead longer than when the last person said the saw her alive and there is scientific proof of that, why has there been no arrest?

So sad

I actually find it very odd that LE have not declared this a murder. Something is missing. MOO

I was reading a bit about LE using drones.
It seems it really speeds up the investigation, taking many photos in a shorter time span as well as searching areas that are not easily accessible, looking for weapons, clues or people.

If the rumors are true about her appearance, and all we have are rumors, I think of a gun shot.
It could still take an autopsy in some situations to determine murder versus selfinflicted.

We have no idea what LE has to work with but something told them that this was not some random nut taking potshots at strangers... no danger to the public

Yes, all we have is guesswork.

Great use of drones to not upset the scene. The shotgun idea makes me think maybe hunting even and that is why I once posted "accident" as hunter may not even realize.

I know LE hold back certain details so when details come forward they detect a legit connection.

I read or saw on video some LE look at the wild and crazy ideas on social media and Websleuths--sometimes it's helpful and other times way out there and even misleading.

I read of one case in UK where after 23 yrs of cold case a sleuther found a detail they'd been looking for and LE hadn't found it largely because of the devotion of time it would take.

Some of us do this around our work schedule to use our time and active brains to put pieces together and it is all in the name of wanting to help in my opinion.
It's always great when we can see connections, though.

We would prefer on this case to know if there really is any other detail we could sleuth without having to know when she left for work, where she worked, what route, etc.

If she was dead longer than the last person who saw her said they saw her, wouldn't someone else have noticed?
And this road where she was found.. is it busy? Nobody spotted the car running til the witness took a walk?

If LE thinks she was dead longer than when the last person said the saw her alive and there is scientific proof of that, why has there been no arrest?
I drove to the road where she was found to the exact spot at dusk , I imagine 630 am would be similar light , it was
SOOOOOO dark and so isolated I didn't not see a soul , there are no street lights on canning road and there are none on highway 2 ( the intersection ) either . It was downright scary to drive there , on the way back it was pitch black and I kept thinking , WOW
It would be super easy to come and go undetected even on foot . There are homes but with large front yards set way back from the road and far apart from one another , on the opposite side where JR was found there is a Great Wall of cedar trees . Her car was placed at an indent in the shoulder where
A farmer would drive a tractor through about 150 yards or more from the nearest house and a short distance from highway 2 .
Didn't see a soul on the road in any direction even at 730/8pm .

Shockingly little info other than
-she was reportedly last seen at six thirty am on her way to work in Cambridge

-was found ten kms from her home in Drumbo in the opposite direction of where she ought to be headed .

- In her running vehicle , not in front seat ( where ? Trunk or back seat floor )

-Unable to be identified until post mortem ,

-no threat to the public (?)

- no COD

-No word on whether TOD matches the information about when she left or HOw they know when she left .

-Classified suspicious officially after autopsy

-Police refusing any information setting up tip line
- crime investigation unit is the department investigating

Rumours - unrecognizable at discovery
Identified via dental records

Additional info I hadn't considered
That route isn't far from where the main road out of Drumbo intersects with the 403

That's the route someone might take to avoid traffic if they wanted to take the 403 in either direction to commute to a job . Wonder if police are checking for cab fares taken from surrounding area ( Brantford , Princeton, canning or Paris , )back to the drumbo area in the early morning hours of the 6th.

Again through , that's assuming the TOD matches up with when she is said to have left . No way of knowing how long the timeline is .

Broken quotes have been repaired.

PLEASE be courteous and take time to preview your post to ensure you are quoting the correct author.

If you see a broken quote, please Alert on it immediately. Broken quotes are disrespectful to other members, and to Mods who must spend an inordinate amount of time going back through the whole convo, trying to figure out who really said what, and having to fix it all up.

:tyou:

Who witnessed her leaving her home to head for work on that fateful morning? Who, besides those people, saw her last, before that? if it had been a couple of days since anyone had last seen her, before that morning, then it's possible that nobody would notice, and everyone would assume that everything was status quo. We also don't know her cellphone/online habits.. whether she responded to, or sent any texts, or made any phonecalls, and when, prior to that morning. And even if texts had been sent by her, say that morning, or the evening prior, or if texts had been responded to, from JR's phone, presumably by JR, could it be proven they actually were texted by her? And so, nobody might notice. Is it possible that her friends and family all just 'think' she was fine and left for work that morning as usual, but really she hadn't been around for a day or two?

I wonder if le were able to forensically search her home? (prior to when her fiance moved out)?

there are many cases, in fact, i think most cases are shrouded in this kind of secrecy while police are doing their investigating, and then later too, while the perp awaits trial.

There is the case of Shannon Madill Burgess (there is a thread for her on here), where she left her home according to her husband, and wasn't seen again. It seems that the home may have never been searched, because many months later, they found her body. i don't think it has been stated publicly whether her body was found inside or outside (presumably buried) of her home. Her husband now awaits trial.

And like i keep mentioning, there is the case of Amanda Antoni, who was found by her husband in their home several months ago, and police say her death is suspicious, and to this day have never come out to say they believe it was a homicide. No further news, so it 'appears' that her case may have become a cold case. I sooo hope this doesn't happen in this case!

In JR's case, what if the ME's opinion is that JR had been dead for longer than the time in which she had been missing, would police be able to lay murder charges based on that alone? I doubt it? they want tips, and people have stated they even want people to call in with any 'rumors' they may have heard. i think the me's professional opinion on how long the body had been deceased may be exactly that, an opinion, but not sure?

I would think that the longer the time passes between her death and any news / advancements in the case the chance of catching a perp diminishes exponentially . They have statistics like that for missing persons , after 3 days of searching the chances you'll now be looking for a body increases by seventy some odd percent .

I'm sure there are statistics on this scenario , too.

I would think that the longer the time passes between her death and any news / advancements in the case the chance of catching a perp diminishes exponentially . They have statistics like that for missing persons , after 3 days of searching the chances you'll now be looking for a body increases by seventy some odd percent .

I'm sure there are statistics on this scenario , too.

I'm not sure if there can be stats on that, because police are always working away in the background (in any case, not just this one), and we have no idea what they already know, and what they are secretly looking into/following. i'm thinking they already pretty much know, as they often do, but still seeking enough evidence that can be brought to trial with hope of a conviction. Hopefully that doesn't equate to also having tunnel vision and discounting other possibilities in the meantime? i always wonder though, if police share a little more info at the beginning of a case, if they might not have been able to gather more statements from people who may have come forward at the time. by this time, so much time has passed, people may forget. For example, what if someone driving out of the village of Drumbo on the evening before, or two evenings earlier, had seen someone putting something into the trunk of a similar car.. but because it has only been reported that she disappeared on her way to work on the Saturday morning, they think it's irrelevant. ... or .. they don't know where she lived, so they don't know that what they saw may be important, or they don't know her car, etc. Wouldn't it make sense to share a little more seemingly minor info in the hopes of potentially receiving more tips? Bugs me.

I'm not sure if there can be stats on that, because police are always working away in the background (in any case, not just this one), and we have no idea what they already know, and what they are secretly looking into/following. i'm thinking they already pretty much know, as they often do, but still seeking enough evidence that can be brought to trial with hope of a conviction. Hopefully that doesn't equate to also having tunnel vision and discounting other possibilities in the meantime? i always wonder though, if police share a little more info at the beginning of a case, if they might not have been able to gather more statements from people who may have come forward at the time. by this time, so much time has passed, people may forget. For example, what if someone driving out of the village of Drumbo on the evening before, or two evenings earlier, had seen someone putting something into the trunk of a similar car.. but because it has only been reported that she disappeared on her way to work on the Saturday morning, they think it's irrelevant. ... or .. they don't know where she lived, so they don't know that what they saw may be important, or they don't know her car, etc. Wouldn't it make sense to share a little more seemingly minor info in the hopes of potentially receiving more tips? Bugs me.

Bugs me , too . Imagine what her family is going through? They need to say something , anything , like cause of death , or
Classify it as a murder already .
Now the media seems to have forgotten , the last article written was from a Woodstock paper and it was more than a month ago.

So frustrating

Thanks for the updates Nola1140 & everyone. I didn't know the time was 6:30 before you mentioned it.
fyi, sunrise that day was reported as 6:30 am. http://www.sunrise-and-sunset.com/en/sun/france/paris/2016/august

Just a couple questions. I know not everyone takes a formal maternity leave, but aren't they still 1 year long? Unless she left work early before the baby's birth, her one yr wouldn't be up. Then again, maybe no mat leave.

<snip>

Shockingly little info other than
-she was reportedly last seen at six thirty am on her way to work in Cambridge

Thanks for the updates Nola1140 & everyone. I didn't know the time was 6:30 before you mentioned it.
fyi, sunrise that day was reported as 6:30 am. http://www.sunrise-and-sunset.com/en/sun/france/paris/2016/august

Just a couple questions. I know not everyone takes a formal maternity leave, but aren't they still 1 year long? Unless she left work early before the baby's birth, her one yr wouldn't be up. Then again, maybe no mat leave.

i also hadn't seen any mention of the time when she was reportedly last seen, where is this info coming from, is there a link?

There is some differing information in the following article in the Brant News:

It also mentions what type of car she drove:

http://www.brantnews.com/news-story/6803430-death-of-woman-found-in-princeton-deemed-suspicious/

Interesting.. i wonder if this is a case of bad reporting, or if she wasn't actually dead yet when police found her, or if police waited for the coroner to officially pronounce her dead because it was obvious she was already deceased and they already knew it was suspicious circumstances and therefore that a coroner had to be called? I thought perhaps police don't do that (pronouncing a death), however I found this recent article where it says police did pronounce a death (albeit incorrectly!). (Wouldn't a car accident also be considered a sudden death for which a coroner would need to be called though?) It would sure be even more tragic if she was still alive when police responded to the neighbour's call, since perhaps arriving a minute or so earlier may have changed the outcome? We had also heard that firefighters weren't allowed to do anything to the body, and that police were wearing hazmat suits. i'm sure they wouldn't have waited to perform life saving measures until they donned their hazmat suits, and/or told firefighters not to help, if there was a possibility she had been still alive?

http://www.mississauga.com/news-sto...enly-pronounce-man-dead-in-mississauga-crash/

I wonder if JR's Rabbit was gas or diesel? Could that affect carbon monoxide levels inside the vehicle?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21
Back