Found Deceased Canada - Jessica Rowe, 31, Drumbo, Ont, 6 Aug 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So Jessica was definitely found inside of her vehicle in the seat area and not in the trunk of the car? I haven't read anything definitive yet about where exactly she was found. Just read up on this case tonight. Pretty weird for sure. I thought of Sonia Varaschin but I don't think other than being discovered on a rural road and being reported absent from work that there are other similarities.

I guess it is possible that JR was found inside the trunk of her car, as opposed to inside the seating area of her car.. would that distinction have been made by LE to media? (imo, I think it would have been stated if that were the case, but who knows?) If JR was found in the trunk however, I can't see how that could be considered to be merely 'suspicious', as opposed to definite foul play, if not murder. The way that the reporters worded their stories seemed (imo) to imply, without saying so, that she was found on the floor of the vehicle, most likely in the rear, since that is where the windows are tinted more. If front, the man who found the vehicle should have easily been able to see if there was a person on the front seat floor area, since he did state that he looked inside. Perhaps not so obvious in the rear seat floor area?

I find it interesting that as soon as the autopsy was performed, police seemed confident that the death was suspicious, but yet they weren't seeking a perp who was dangerous to anyone else. On August 10th it was reported (bbm):

"Her death is being treated as suspicious. Police have not elaborated on what led them to make that determination, but have said that there is no wider concern for public safety."

and

"It wasn’t until an autopsy was completed Tuesday in Toronto that police declared her death suspicious. Police, though, indicated there was no imminent threat to public safety."

I wonder if her cellphone was also in the vehicle with her, and if there were outgoing texts made from it to others, which were made after the ME's TOD?

]If she had a job cleaning that hotel , I'm certain that it would be public knowledge and it would not have caused any confusion about why she was traveling in the opposite direction[/B] of her job in Cambridge . all this talk about other cases is confusing and irrelelvant .
I personally think that based on what little information we actually have ONLY

That she either committed suicide or was placed to appear as though she committed suicide , and the assailant left on foot .

Based solely on the presence of hazmat suits at the beginning of the investigation , drones and dogs searching the woods surrounding the area and how tight lipped they are being about TOD and COD

With how happy everyone said she was and how many wonderful things were happening in her life and her little guy , she would have to be seriously depressed and I don't think that's too easy to hide .

Maybe we will never know

Yes, I agree. There would be no mention of her going in the wrong direction

I guess it is possible that JR was found inside the trunk of her car, as opposed to inside the seating area of her car.. would that distinction have been made by LE to media? (imo, I think it would have been stated if that were the case, but who knows?) If JR was found in the trunk however, I can't see how that could be considered to be merely 'suspicious', as opposed to definite foul play, if not murder. The way that the reporters worded their stories seemed (imo) to imply, without saying so, that she was found on the floor of the vehicle, most likely in the rear, since that is where the windows are tinted more. If front, the man who found the vehicle should have easily been able to see if there was a person on the front seat floor area, since he did state that he looked inside. Perhaps not so obvious in the rear seat floor area?

I find it interesting that as soon as the autopsy was performed, police seemed confident that the death was suspicious, but yet they weren't seeking a perp who was dangerous to anyone else. On August 10th it was reported (bbm):

"Her death is being treated as suspicious. Police have not elaborated on what led them to make that determination, but have said that there is no wider concern for public safety."

and

"It wasn’t until an autopsy was completed Tuesday in Toronto that police declared her death suspicious. Police, though, indicated there was no imminent threat to public safety."

I wonder if her cellphone was also in the vehicle with her, and if there were outgoing texts made from it to others, which were made after the ME's TOD?

certainly makes it sound like what ever happened to her was not visually obvious

So is this a homicide case or what? Why the dogs and the drones? Why search the woods? Hazmat suits? Beyond weird.

So is this a homicide case or what? Why the dogs and the drones? Why search the woods? Hazmat suits? Beyond weird.

All that LE has said is it is suspicious, being investigated by criminal division

Last week, OPP described her death as “suspicious” but said the results of the Toronto autopsy completed last Tuesday are not being released.

Under the leadership of Det. Insp. Randy Wright, investigators from Oxford and a specialized crime unit from the Western region are working on the case out of the Ingersoll OPP office.

http://www.woodstocksentinelreview....l-takes-place-on-tuesday-evening-in-cambridge

Dogs, drones and hazmat suits...
No clue

It seems that it was not deemed suspicious until after the autopsy

“On Tuesday, Aug. 9, a post-mortem was conducted at the office of the chief coroner, and Ontario Forensic Pathology Service in Toronto, and as a result police are treating this death as suspicious,” said OPP Cst. Ed Sanchuk on Wednesday.

http://www.am980.ca/2016/08/10/opp-jessica-rowe-tip-line/

So why were dogs and drones and hazmat suits used before the autospy if LE were not sure it was suspicious?
They saw something

“The investigation is ongoing. We do have a team of detectives that are dedicated to this investigation from West Region Crime Unit, and they’re continuing to investigate this incident under the direction of Acting Detective Inspector Randy Wright of the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch” said Sanchuk.

http://www.am980.ca/2016/08/10/opp-jessica-rowe-tip-line/

Surely, if after almost two months, LE thought it was something other than a crime, it would have been reported, IE, suicide, accidental

A relative of mine works in retail in Cambridge and she has heard from a few customers, that when JR was found, she was unrecognizable. Although all of her ID was with her, they had to rely on dental records to confirm her identity. This is hearsay at best, and secondhand. It seems to align with all the reports indicating a delay in confirming her identity.

hmm, if true, it could still have taken an autopsy etc to determine the cause of injuries,self inflicted, murder.
And police would have and did wait til after the results to report suspicious death

They also reported no danger to the public

hmm, if true, it could still have taken an autopsy etc to determine the cause of injuries,self inflicted, murder.
And police would have and did wait til after the results to report suspicious death

They also reported no danger to the public

My first thought when they said they were unable to identify her "officially" until after the autopsy was concluded , was that her body was in unrecognisable condition . They had that intersection blocked off for nearly four days . Some people in this thread have suggested that due to her car being left running , the hazmat suits are used as safety precaution while investigating the possibility of chemical suicide , and that it was ruled out . I believe that they knew it was suspicious from the beginning but as a matter of procedure did not classify it as "suspicious " until the autopsy confirmed their theory . What reason would the police have not to fall out call it murder of that's what it was , and why are her family and friends SO certain that it is .

Also , I believe she was found in the back seat on the floor under a blanket OR in the trunk.
Because , if you look at the photo of her car on her own Facebook page , even at a 20 foot distance you can see into the backseat through the tinted windows with relative ease . I'm sure the dust the gentleman described made it more difficult but , I can't imagine it was THAT difficult just based on those photos .

With the police being certain there is no threat to the public , I believe this was personal , someone she knew OR
Perhaps she was struck by another vehicle standing outside of her car for whatever reason , then placed in the trunk or backseat In horrible condition purely to remove her from the scene and make it easy to avoid manslaughter charges?? Either left on foot or there were two In The car and simply drove off ?

I'm always the first to point out "reaching " but im wracking my brain trying to think of why they wouldn't just come out woth the COD and TOD already. If it was murder people might be more forthcoming with information .

Thats why I've leaned toward it being someone close to her that is responsible . Wether intentionally or accidentally and they are tip toeing around and using the lack of info from the public to weed out false tips and claims .

I feel like the only thing worse than hearing something like that would be never knowing at all .

UHG

What reason did police have for not releasing her name for a few days?
The family had publicly stated it was Jessica before police did.

As to where she was found, based on the newspapers, I just felt it was in the back seat, on the floor.
It was how i sort of understood the man that found her.
When i rethink that, nowhere in the article does it say she was found in the back seat on the floor.
IIRC, he said he looked in the front and didn't see anything and had a hard time seeing what was in back. Is that correct?

I haven't considered a hit and run because it doesn't explain why she was going in the wrong direction.
I don't understand the drones , hazmat gear at all.
The silence is deafening
AFAIK, police have still not used the word murder.
They have referred to suspicious death and have a crime unit working it which leads me to my conclusion.. murder

What reason did police have for not releasing her name for a few days?
The family had publicly stated it was Jessica before police did.

As to where she was found, based on the newspapers, I just felt it was in the back seat, on the floor.
It was how i sort of understood the man that found her.
When i rethink that, nowhere in the article does it say she was found in the back seat on the floor.
IIRC, he said he looked in the front and didn't see anything and had a hard time seeing what was in back. Is that correct?

I haven't considered a hit and run because it doesn't explain why she was going in the wrong direction.
I don't understand the drones , hazmat gear at all.
The silence is deafening
AFAIK, police have still not used the word murder.
They have referred to suspicious death and have a crime unit working it which leads me to my conclusion.. murder

That's true the family knew straight away that it was her.
You are also correct regarding where in the car JR was found, it has never been disclosed . When he looked in the car he did not see her in the front and said it was difficult to see in the back , so he just called it in and police took over from there . They did not disclose where in the vehicle she was found , why she was so far out of her way , the condition of her body , COD or TOD and they still ar not saying "murder ". However , her family and friends are flat out saying they believe it is murder and are calling for her perpetrator to be "caught "

Which is prob why all their accounts are on lock down , I agree with another poster who said that the police probably told them to zip it .
What makes me think it's murder most , is the fact that they aren't declaring it murder or manslaughter or suicide or anything . That other than her name and where she was found they aren't releasing ANYTHING . Do you think it's the same with her family ? Is it possible they know the COD but are under orders to stay quiet ? Does anyone recall a case such as this that has had SO much secrecy with the investigation?

That was the reason I asked if anyone knew if there was an open casket at her funeral and visitation. This would tell us if her COD was something visible , and it IS quite common to have an open casket especially in the cases of sudden tragic death . Many experts believe it provides closure and helps us let go . (However I totally disagree , I think it's quite traumatizing)

Her family must be in absolute agony , and I can imagine the speculations and theories arent easing their pain any , but just like them we can't help but wonder. It's such a small and safe little community , it's so shocking that something like this could happen to such a straight laced responsible young woman with such a bright future .

A relative of mine works in retail in Cambridge and she has heard from a few customers, that when JR was found, she was unrecognizable. Although all of her ID was with her, they had to rely on dental records to confirm her identity. This is hearsay at best, and secondhand. It seems to align with all the reports indicating a delay in confirming her identity.

Im friends with someone who is part of her extended family and this matches up with what I heard as well.

Im friends with someone who is part of her extended family and this matches up with what I heard as well.

How awful , that poor girl ! I'm more convinced now than ever that it's murder and the lack of details in the media is meant to speed up the investigation as they've said so many times .
Sincerely hope that whoever did this is caught and punished to the full extent of the law .

I'm sure they are watching this individual closely , and that they are monitoring social media and even this thread here on websleuth .

That explains why they are all so convinced its murder , I wonder if they suspect anyone ? Or if they are just as confounded as we are .
Hope they find justice for her soon .

:welcome6: Kelly Kelly Kelly!!!

:wave:

Thanks for joining us.

:justice: for Jessica!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads