CANADA Canada - Kam McLeod, 19, & Bryer Schmegelsky, 18, last seen Sask, mid July 2019 *Armed & Dangerous*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They appear to be aware of the search:
Who are Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky?

New comments left on an Instagram account appearing to belong to McLeod reference that he is being hunted by police, with one person commenting “clock’s ticking bud.”

Friends of Schmegelsky weren’t providing any details about the young man and said that they are respecting the family’s privacy.

Employees at Walmart were told not to speak with reporters. CTV News reached out to Walmart, but did not receive a response by 1 p.m. on Tuesday.

WHAT???? Anybody know which account that is?

Maybe they just lost their sense of direction? Not sure why they'd intentional head up into no man's land if they don't have some kind of supplies to live off the land for any length of time. They'll be caught if they don't commit suicide when cornered by the police.
Because it’s part of the computer game they think they’re playing?

not sure - I think you're confused about which one is which?

EADIdOvXUAAviJa.jpg

Thank you for putting me right! I’ve been looking at their profiles for days, thinking each was the other!

My thoughts only ...
One of them , my guess KM , is the leader . Two sociopaths don’t just find each other and plan to murder random strangers ... One of them talked/ bullied the other into doing these horrendous acts . One of them is now scared to death of the other and rightly so . Not to say that the follower isn’t guilty because he most certainly is . Furthermore , sociopaths don’t turn into that overnight . There were warning signs and my guess a lot of them . I just pray they are found soon . MOO

IIRC Kam's and Bryer's pick-up truck was found torched but camper was missing. Has it been verified that camper was on truck when they left their home. It would seem odd the guys would would remove camper at one location and then burn truck at another location maybe it was done as a diversion just seems strange to me.

I was having trouble following the timeline and locations, so I put this together from multiple news sources and through I'd share:

Thursday, July 11th:
  • KM and BS's red/grey Dodge pickup with a camper attached to the back was seen travelling south from the Super A general store in Dease Lake, BC at roughly 3:15pm
  • BS's grandmother stated that the pair was planning to leave Port Alberni, BC on Friday, July 12th to travel to Whitehorse, Yukon to find work (Note from me: typical route would be to take ferry to Prince Rupert, BC and then travel north on Highway 37 through Dease Lake, BC, so this doesn't match with the previous observation of KM and BS travelling South).
Friday, July 12th:
  • BS's father receives final message from BS stating that BS and KM were heading to Alberta and might be uncontactable; assumed they were heading to Reed Deer Alberta where BS's cousin's live
Saturday, July 13th:
  • LF and CD leave Hudson's Hope, BC (where LF had been working at a ranch) for a planned 3 week Alaskan Road trip; couple met in Croatia in 2017 and had extensively traveled abroad together
  • CD texted her mother that morning, to let her know they were packing up their blue Chevy camper van and hitting the road
  • Surveillance video exists showing LF and CD stopping at a gas station in Fort Nelson, B.C between 7:30 and 7:47 pm
  • BS's grandmother states BS last in touch with her on July 13th or 14th to state that they had arrived in Whitehorse but it was not what they had expected, they were going to travel elsewhere but weren't sure what their plans were (Note from me: I don't know how reliable BS's grandmother's information is; she also stated that KM and BS had left Port Alberni on Friday, July 12th but this doesn't mesh with their vehicle being definitively seen in Dease Lake on Thursday, July 11th, so take this for what it's worth...)
Sunday, July 14th:
  • LF and CD's van breaks down along Alaska Highway (Canadian Highway 97) about 20 km south of Liard Hot Springs, BC - several locals stopped to ask if they needed help, but the pair appeared to have the situation under control, were not in distress, and were having a picnic as they waited for their van's engine to unflood.
  • Two witnesses (married couple) offered assistance to LF and CD just before 330 pm and were told that the vehicle was flooded out and that LF and CD were going to try to get it going again until they could get the parts they needed. Husband felt that LF's explanation of what was wrong with the vehicle indicated that he was very competent to fix the problem and so he was not worried when they refused assistance.
  • One witness (a road worker) stated that when she passed the van, the couple was in an intense conversation with a bearded man who had gotten out of a gray car and was standing in the middle of the highway looking frustrated as LF and CD stood beside their van (time of this encounter not documented - some sources state this witness saw the couple "that night")
Monday, July 15th
  • A road worker discovers bodies of LF and CD with gunshot wounds in a ditch on roadside of Alaska Highway (Hwy 97) in Northwest BC beside a blue Chevy Van; RCMP believe they were killed sometime between July 14th and July 15th
  • Per this witness, LF had no shoes on and CD had only one shoe on
  • Per CD's mother and brother, being kept in dark regarding exact details of the deaths, but have been lead to believe they were killed in a brutal fashion to the point where an open casket funeral would not be possible
  • Road worker who found the bodies states "I don't know how anybody could live with themselves after doing what I saw"
  • LF and CD's blue Chevy van had a smashed rear window (not smashed on video surveillance from July 13th), towed to an RCMP lot (CD's mother stated that most of their belongings were left at the site)
Friday, July 19th:
  • Victims publicly identified as LF (23, Australian) and CD (24, American)
  • Red/grey Dodge pickup found burning along Highway 37 south of the Stitkine River Bridge (50 km south of Dease Lake, BC, 500 km west of Liard River, BC)
  • KM (19, Canadian from Port Alberni) and BS (18, Canadian from Port Alberni) identified as owners of burnt out pickup truck - formally declared missing and search launched; believed to have been travelling to Whitehorse, Yukon in search of work
  • Third body (still identified) found in Highway 37 pullout about 2 km away from the flaming truck ; cause of death not yet released
Monday, July 22nd:
  • RCMP release composite sketch of the man who was found dead 2 km away from the burning truck - described as white and in his 50's or 60's with a heavy build and grey hair, between 5'8" and 5'10" tall
  • RCMP release composite sketch of the man last seen speaking with LF and CD on the evening of Sunday, July 14th - described as Caucasian with darker skin and dark hair, shorter than LF (who is 6'3" - note that both KM and BS are 6'4"), with a possible beard and/or glasses, may be associated to an older model Jeep Cherokee with a black stripe on the hood and a black light/bull bar with small covered lights; believed to have been travelling Southbound.
Tuesday, July 23rd (Today):
  • RCMP held press conference, stating KM and BS are no longer considered missing persons but are considered suspects in murder of LF, CD and unidentified third man
  • KM and BS considered dangerous; if seen, do not approach, call 911
  • KM and BS last known to be last in "Northern Saskatchewan" in a Grey 2011 Toyota Rav4 (not indicated when)
  • RCMP updated in afternoon post press conference stating last known location is Gillam, Manitoba (not indicated when)

If anyone has excellent map skills, it might be interesting to see all the various documented locations mapped out as a companion to this timeline to help further make some sense of it.

Well, they "came back" from YT. My bet is they drove to Port Hardy, took the ferry to Prince Rupert, drove to Watson Lake and from there drove back to B.C. to Liard Hot Springs. That's a lot of driving. The ferry ride itself takes time. There was a report that the man witnessed talking to Chynna and Lucas was heading south.

Here they were in Jade City with the camper on Thursday, getting free coffee. So they headed north after the encounter with Chynna and Lucas?

Northern B.C. homicides: Missing teens now considered murder suspects

Maybe the plan was to hide out in the camper in the woods, but the plan changed. Bad luck to pick international victims, and the son of a police inspector. They may have wanted that vehicle with Alberta plates.

CBC-TV news reported that they were in Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan on Sunday.

Last edited:
Kam (@kam.mcleod911) • Instagram photos and videos
There's link to Kams instagram. Not much to see
****EDIT, I can't confirm thats his account. It was posted here earlier as his though.

bryer (@bryer_schmegelsky) • Instagram photos and videos
And there's Bryers. Even less to see.

under Bryer's only photo, it shows 33 comments but only three are visible (to me)
is he deleting them? spooky

also I did not see the comment referenced in the article upthread

ETA: or he has another acc't

Last edited:
Has it been confirmed that they were spotted in Manitoba? or is it still the "MAY" be there? How would they get that far with no bank records, cell service, people seeing them/being robbed by them.. or more murders?

Also to me the sketch of the man seen in a heated argument to the couple shot, looks a lot like the man wanted for murder in Texas that has crossed the Canadian border. He was shorter than 6"3 (or 6"5") and the weird eyebrow looks the same.

under Bryer's only photo, it shows 33 comments but only three are visible

That's weird. I still see all of comments. The clock's ticking s there as well. Majority of the comments, including that one was posted 4 hours ago which is when the news broke of them being suspects came out. I think it's just a random person who commented and found his page

under Bryer's only photo, it shows 33 comments but only three are visible

Me either which makes me think we have the wrong acct or he has more than one. I really want to see what he is posting while on the run.

That's weird. I still see all of comments. The clock's ticking s there as well. Majority of the comments, including that one was posted 4 hours ago which is when the news broke of them being suspects came out. I think it's just a random person who commented and found his page

[bbm]

did you see 'the clock's ticking' comment?

Has it been confirmed that they were spotted in Manitoba? or is it still the "MAY" be there? How would they get that far with no bank records, cell service, people seeing them/being robbed by them.. or more murders?

Also to me the sketch of the man seen in a heated argument to the couple shot, looks a lot like the man wanted for murder in Texas that has crossed the Canadian border. He was shorter than 6"3 (or 6"5") and the weird eyebrow looks the same.

They didn't specifically say why they think the men are in Gillam MB, they said simply that they "had reasons to believe" that they were recently in the area. Those reasons might be bank activity, cell phone pings, sightings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MisstressNifer