GUILTY Canada - Kelsey Felker, 24, found dismembered, Kitchener, Ont, 26 Jan 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The victim's name has be released: Kelsey Louise Felker of Kitchener. We found a twitter with her name and it looks like it hers. She only has 11 tweets and most are blackberry app posts. She has a bb app as a 'favorite' on her twitter on Dec. 25th. There is a tweet on January 27th, after her torso is found.

Follow
kelsey felker
‏@itchFOrTHeUrge
http://mobile.blackberry.com/blocked4.jsp
Reply Retweet Favorite More
7:40 PM - 27 Jan 13

https://twitter.com/itchFOrTHeUrge

She tweeted a girl's name and this person died on Aug 17th 2010 from an apparent suicide. This person is also from Kitchener. Why did she post that name?

This case is gonna unveil some 'stuff', I believe.

ok, this helps- I was trying to figure out where the suicide came in--- because she obviously didn't dismember herself.

Thanks!

She has a bb app as a 'favorite' on her twitter on Dec. 25th.

Oh good catch, I think that fills in the blank. That would be similar to `liking`a page or group on FB. She essentially subscribed to it. The Blackberry app was pushing out automatic updates TO her. The blackberry link tweets started on Dec 25, the day she favorited it. This would be an automated function, which explains why a tweet was made on the 27th. If you click it, it says `You are currently on a service plan that requires a Wi-Fi connection to use this application. If you want to use this application outside of Wi-Fi coverage, please contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan.`` -- there was no Wifi connection to complete the update.

This means the only `real`tweets on there were about Jericka petten, call me it`s Jim, and the 2 photos uploaded. I doubt she ever used this account herself.

There`s also the question of how someone living on the streets would even afford a Blackberry, service plan and access to the internet.

Oh good catch, I think that fills in the blank. That would be similar to `liking`a page or group on FB. She essentially subscribed to it. The Blackberry app was pushing out automatic updates TO her. The blackberry link tweets started on Dec 25, the day she favorited it. This would be an automated function, which explains why a tweet was made on the 27th. If you click it, it says `You are currently on a service plan that requires a Wi-Fi connection to use this application. If you want to use this application outside of Wi-Fi coverage, please contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan.`` -- there was no Wifi connection to complete the update.

This means the only `real`tweets on there were about Jericka petten, call me it`s Jim, and the 2 photos uploaded. I doubt she ever used this account herself.

There`s also the question of how someone living on the streets would even afford a Blackberry, service plan and access to the internet.

Everyone has a phone on the street, from what I've seen. So do we know she lived on the street? I'm not doubting that so much, but we haven't gotten a whole lot of info about this girl at all. No photos except on the facebook memorial page. JMO

ChelleBelle

Thanks for breaking that down, I don't do twitter but do understand HINKY...

Who's calling it in ??? Please someone say you already did...

Mucho Gracias.

ChelleBelle

Thanks for breaking that down, I don't do twitter but do understand HINKY...

Mucho Gracias.

Is there a link we can email tips?

RSBM

Called it in, was advised that WRPS has received leads already about the Twitter account and is following it up.

:seeya:

Is there a link we can email tips?

This bit is from the press release:

Anyone finding suspicious articles on or near their property is asked to call police at 519-653-7700.

Police are still actively seeking information from the community relating to this investigation. Anyone with information is asked to call the Homicide Branch at 519 650 8500 ext 8666 or Crime Stoppers at 1 800 222 TIPS.

Other than that:

http://crimestoppers.ca/

There's a link across the top of this page to submit, but I truly think a local should call them direct...this could be the break they need.

:moo:

Call me crazy :crazy:

RSBM

Called it in, was advised that WRPS has received leads already about the Twitter account and is following it up.

Thanks LeftCoaster...and a relief to hear they are following it up. Real good to know!

Good work everyone!

:grouphug:

RSBM

Maybe catchew drove right on down to report it!

They've not been back here since the initial discovery of the twitter.

Good job too catchew!! C'mon back now ya hear!

Great job everyone. I missed a lot here, but its all coming together. I also, like catchew, live only a couple blocks from where the torso was found. Afraid to take my garbage out to the dumpster :S. Looks like theyve set up a huge police... i dont know what to call it, base? Over at the building. Still swarming with cops.

Great job everyone. I missed a lot here, but its all coming together. I also, like catchew, live only a couple blocks from where the torso was found. Afraid to take my garbage out to the dumpster :S. Looks like theyve set up a huge police... i dont know what to call it, base? Over at the building. Still swarming with cops.

base or command post - regardless thanks too for the updates!

Be alert ~ stay safe !!!

Brent Davis January 29, 2013
KITCHENER — Kelsey Louise Felker was a sweet, but vulnerable young woman whose troubled life came to a gruesome end.
Felker’s dismembered torso was discovered Saturday morning in a garbage bin behind a Kitchener apartment building. Investigators are working to determine how the 24-year-old Kitchener woman died.
Police identified Felker on Tuesday.
“She was fundamentally a decent person,” said lawyer Brennan Smart, who had represented Felker over the past six years or so as the drug-addicted woman navigated the criminal justice system.
“She wasn’t a hard person at all. She was always pleasant to deal with,” he said. “But you couldn’t help but be discouraged in dealing with her.”
Felker had a powerful addiction to crack cocaine, Smart said.
“It was sad to hear that it was Kelsey that had come to an end in such an undignified manner,” he said. “But at the same time, it’s not out of left field.”
Typically, Smart would represent Felker when she was charged with failing to comply with conditions of her release. Smart said she didn’t steal to support her habit.
About a year and a half ago, Smart succeeded in getting Felker into drug treatment court.
Drug treatment court seeks to provide support, therapy and incentives to non-violent offenders trapped in an addictive cycle. She was not successful.
“She clearly was not interested in pursuing that path at that time,” Smart said.
Her biological father, Kent Felker of Guelph, said while the pair didn’t see each other very much, his daughter would call him periodically.
“She was a very caring girl,” he said.
“She was a good girl.”
Kent Felker said his daughter was adopted and raised by a family living in Waterloo Region.
“There is another side to her. She was not just another crackhead.”
Over the years, Smart got to know Kelsey Felker’s mother and brother.
“The family was supportive of her, but they recognized they had gone as far as they could go with her,” he said.
“They were the most hopeful of anyone that she would come to grips with the addiction and deal with it … I’m sure they’re heartbroken.”
Smart said Felker gave birth to at least two children while she was in custody at different times at the Vanier Centre for Women in Milton.
The babies were immediately taken from Felker by authorities.
A Facebook memorial page was created on Tuesday night with dozens of people expressing their sympathy.
Waterloo Regional Police said that information from the public regarding the black T-shirt that was covering Felker’s torso was an important factor in identifying the remains. The T-shirt had a slogan reading “Forget princess, I want to be a vampire.”
Felker was not listed by police as a missing person prior to Saturday’s discovery.
“She was actually reported missing by a friend shortly after the discovery was made public,” Insp. Kevin Thaler said.
In the wake of the discovery, police received numerous calls from concerned family members wondering about missing loved ones.
“It’s encouraging that we’ve been able to identify this victim,” Thaler said. “At least one family out there knows.”
An autopsy started Monday continued Tuesday in Hamilton.
The superintendent at 250 Frederick St., where Felker’s torso was found, said she did not live in the 16-storey apartment building.
Investigators continue to appeal to the public for information. Police said Felker was five-feet, two-inches tall and had bleached blond hair when she was last seen.
“Every investigative lead we get we’re going to follow up,” Thaler said. “You can never have too much evidence in a case.”
Those who knew Felker said her death brought an already-sad life to an untimely end.
“She died far too young,” Smart said. “She had a lot of life to live.”
Anyone finding suspicious articles on or near their property is asked to call police at 519-653-7700. Anyone with information about the case can also call the homicide branch at 519-650-8500, ext. 8666, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

Such a very, very sad end to a young life

Rest in Peace, Kelsey
:rose::rose:

Just an FYI ... Brennan Smart is a criminal defence lawyer who worked with Hal Mattson on Rafferty's defence early in the Tori Stafford case.

Great sleuthing everyone! Unfortunately, I am going to remove myself from the discussion for the time being. My husband is pretty freaked out about the whole situation considering how close we live to the dumpster where poor Kelsey's torso was found. He would prefer I not "put myself out there" in online discussions and I will respect his wishes as I know he worries about me and our little girls.
Be safe everyone and all the best in your continued efforts. I will keep my eyes and ears open, always.
RIP Kelsey - may justice prevail!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste