GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Such wonderful news!!! I am so happy that this little guy is safe and at home now.

I'm so happy!!!!! I can just picture Kienan's big eyes looking up from that couch! OMG! This is so amazing and I yelled out loud when I found out. My husband and daughter were thinking something bad happened (9-11) and I said NO NO It's GOOD!!!! LOL! This is such great news! xoxoxo

This is amazing!!! :great::woohoo: what fantastic news to wake up to!

Can someone please direct me to the Parking Lot again? I want to read the transcripts. I know someone already did, but I'm not sure which page it's on.

:woohoo::clap::woohoo::clap:

What a wonderful affirmation that there are still miracles on this anniversary of evil

So very true. I don't think that many of us will rest easy until this day has passed into tomorrow but our hearts can be at ease where this one little boy is concerned and we can draw hope from his miracle.

Is there a press conference or not?

I can imagine that in the heat of the moment, LE may have announced a pc time of 10am before realizing that all of the media would be broadcasting 9/11 anniversary memorials. Maybe it has been delayed.

The suspect is still out there. I hope he's apprehended soon.

The suspect is still out there. I hope he's apprehended soon.

Me too, Matou, before he tries it again with another kid. But that's a job for the police, and for now we can be happy that Kienan was found alive!

Is there a press conference or not?

I can imagine that in the heat of the moment, LE may have announced a pc time of 10am before realizing that all of the media would be broadcasting 9/11 anniversary memorials. Maybe it has been delayed.

There was supposed to be one at 11am AST/10am EST/7am MST - maybe it has been delayed.

Parking lot is the second thread of the last section on the forums homepage.

You know as wonderful as this news is, I can't help thinking that there is still a desperate and possibly dangerous criminal out there.

Wow!! Amazing!!!

I wonder now, was it the parents plea to kidnapper that made the difference?

"We are just asking, please, bring Kienan to a safe place right now, like a gas station or a store parking lot, where he is visibly seen. You can just drop him off there. Walk away. We just want to have him safe."

He said Kienan can’t speak, and won’t be able to reveal what happened to him.

"This is your chance right now to get away. All we want is Kienan to come back with us and to be safe in our arms again," said Hebert.

IMO- most pleas only ask to deliver the child to a safe pplace where someone would see them..... but.. these parents took it to another level telling the kidnapper that if he was to return the boy, he would be free as the child would not be able to tell what happened... I think that statement was brilliant!

WOW!!! Just checked in, was dreading to find out more bad news and instead opened this page to flowers, sunshine, rainbows, puppies and babies!!!Sorry,I just had to say that!

What a great day :)

I have to say - the abductor did good and I'm proud of him for doing the right thing. ( I never thought I would EVER say words like that). He must have been very aware of the search, and the attention this case was getting and Paul's message got through to him. I hope to heavens this man is caught and gets the psychological help he needs while he is in prison. Calling 911 after putting the boy in the home alone shows that even in his demented state he cared for Kienan. He didn't have to call, Kienan would have eventually been discovered, but it was unsafe to leave him there alone. ( That's what I'm holding on to - that there is some good in this sick man) He never should have been out on the streets - he should have been forced into treatment and counselling as part of his initial sentencing in 1985..
He must have been SO CLOSE the entire time... and he probably still is.

I have to think that the appeal from his mom reached him.

Wow!! Amazing!!!

I wonder now, was it the parents plea to kidnapper that made the difference?

"We are just asking, please, bring Kienan to a safe place right now, like a gas station or a store parking lot, where he is visibly seen. You can just drop him off there. Walk away. We just want to have him safe."

He said Kienan can’t speak, and won’t be able to reveal what happened to him.

"This is your chance right now to get away. All we want is Kienan to come back with us and to be safe in our arms again," said Hebert.

IMO- most pleas only ask to deliver the child to a safe pplace where someone would see them..... but.. these parents took it to another level telling the kidnapper that if he was to return the boy, he would be free as the child would not be able to tell what happened... I think that statement was brilliant!

Yes, it was brilliant and I hope it was a brilliant exaggeraton! I see nothing wrong with stretching the truth to save a life.

Lots of kids will talk to friends and family but refuse to say much to someone they don't know. At home, this child has parents and lots of siblngs who probably know what he wants without him having to use his words. Now, Kienan has a big story to tell...I hope they will discover that he has more words than they thought he did!

I have to think that the appeal from his mom reached him.

I agree.
I doubt the parent's appeal worked. If he cared about them, he wouldn't have stolen their child. Although, he may have believed the part that he would be free since he couldn't be identified due to Kienan's limited verbal skills.

MOO

Check out these video clips.

I really like RCMP Cpl. Dan Moskaluk. He does a great job on the videos.

One video is Cpl. Moskaluk announcing the wonderful news that Kienan was found.

Another video has Cpl Moskaluk pleading to "Randy" to get in touch with them.
-telling Randy that he did the right thing; that his mother and siblings know that he's done the right thing.
- telling Randy to get in touch with him. "You have my cell phone number. All of my contact information is on line. Just reach out. You don't have to come into a police station."

On another video Cpl Moskaluk, in response to a question from the media, explains how the abductor could sneak back into the neighbourhood. He also mentions that there are several roadblocks set up throughout the area.

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/boy-found/#clip530116

ETA: this is the link to the first of the series of clips
http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/boy-found/#clip530113

I just saw a red four wheeler surrounded with yellow police tape on CP24 news. There wasn't anything said about it though, just a quick clip as an officer spoke about what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18