GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a miracle! The RCMP here have worked tirelessly on this and I am so hopeful Hopley will be found. Today, instead of searching, we are going to enjoy a beautiful day on the lake. Cheers all!

This case has been so bizarre from the beginning. I wouldn't be surprised if the perpetrator didn't hear any of the appeals from the parents or his mother but just got bored with his game and decided to just give it up.

KIENAN IS HOME!!

:great::great::great::great::great:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Sorry I know you guys have covered it already but I was just so happy to wake up and see this!!

But WOW he returned him while no one was home? This creep is still on the lose! He needs to be behind bars ASAP!

What a great day :)

I have to say - the abductor did good and I'm proud of him for doing the right thing. ( I never thought I would EVER say words like that). He must have been very aware of the search, and the attention this case was getting and Paul's message got through to him. I hope to heavens this man is caught and gets the psychological help he needs while he is in prison. Calling 911 after putting the boy in the home alone shows that even in his demented state he cared for Kienan. He didn't have to call, Kienan would have eventually been discovered, but it was unsafe to leave him there alone. ( That's what I'm holding on to - that there is some good in this sick man) He never should have been out on the streets - he should have been forced into treatment and counselling as part of his initial sentencing in 1985..
He must have been SO CLOSE the entire time... and he probably still is.

I agree that this man deserves recognition for having mercy for Keinan and his family. Mercy is a rare trait in abusers. I think that God touched his heart.

Unfortunately, it will never be worth risking another child's life to allow this perp to be free, ever. I hope he is able to make the best of a life in prison. He does need help, and the rest of us need him to be locked away for the rest of his life.

I must say...Canada has an excellent track record with Amber Alerts ending is a positive result!!

scroll down to the bottom of this page...looks like all AMBER alerts result in the child being found alive/safe

Adding KIENAN to the list!!!

:)

I agree that this man deserves recognition for having mercy for Keinan and his family. Mercy is a rare trait in abusers. I think that God touched his heart.

Unfortunately, it will never be worth risking another child's life to allow this perp to be free, ever. I hope he is able to make the best of a life in prison. He does need help, and the rest of us need him to be locked away for the rest of his life.

Its very rare for people to be locked away for 'life', that is, declared a dangerous offender. A first degree murder conviction doesn't even mean locking someone away for their whole life. I highly doubt kidnapping + whatever else he can be charged with will lead to a lengthy jail sentence, unfortunately.

Check out these video clips.

I really like RCMP Cpl. Dan Moskaluk. He does a great job on the videos.

One video is Cpl. Moskaluk announcing the wonderful news that Kienan was found.

Another video has Cpl Moskaluk pleading to "Randy" to get in touch with them.
-telling Randy that he did the right thing; that his mother and siblings know that he's done the right thing.
- telling Randy to get in touch with him. "You have my cell phone number. All of my contact information is on line. Just reach out. You don't have to come into a police station."

On another video Cpl Moskaluk, in response to a question from the media, explains how the abductor could sneak back into the neighbourhood. He also mentions that there are several roadblocks set up throughout the area.

http://watch.ctv.ca/news/latest/boy-found/#clip530116

I can't get audio on that clip. (bad computer).

Can someone tell me how he said the abductor got back into the neighborhood undetected? Thanks!

I don't know who is right or wrong but Michael Rd was mentioned where the officer was suppose to go to check the "package" that was dropped off beside the road.

He asked to hear the 911 call. A few minutes later he said he had checked the house and "Its a good outcome".

Later he stated that someone was in the yard and it was relatives going back and forth from house to house. He said the scene was contaminated because they had entered the yard.

So everyone might be right.

I suspect he called on a cell to 911. Told he was dropping him off at Michael Rd but didn't. Then the second call came in saying he was at the home.

The officer had to call back in and ask exactly what the 911 caller said and wanted to return the call to him. It didn't ping because the caller hung up too soon.

The call was recorded though.

This is what I gather based on my notes.

Police might have been aware of everyone listening in on the scanner and COULD have come up with a code name for the street in question where the Hebert family lives. Example, they could say they're checking a package on Michael... but know that it REALLY means the family home... get my point? Doesn't matter - -Kienan has been returned, safe and sound to his family!! And really THAT is all that matters! It pains me to say this, but I've learned a lesson from watching Tori Stafford's father on TV.... he was brave enough to say thank you to the accused in his daughter's abduction and murder for helping to find her remains. I therefore, would like to say:

To The Perp:
-> No matter who you are, what you've been through, or how this all came about, THANK YOU FOR BRINING KIENAN HOME!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! From the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Can someone tell me how he said the abductor got back into the neighborhood undetected? Thanks!

Was able to hear the presser and all the officer would say is that there is a "lot of moving parts right now" but did add that it was "chilling" to know that the suspect was able to place Kienan back into the home.

No answers on how the suspect accomplished this though.

Basically....they don't know!

I think it was the last place they expected him to show up. They said that statistics show that this just never happens.

I am going to guess that their resources were stretched pretty thin overnight and they were just simply monitoring other spots (like Orville Sheet's trailer and RH's mom's house, etc.) I just heard on the scanner that some LE have been manning roadblocks since yesterday afternoon without a break.

ETA: It implies to me that RH has always been close by. (And likely still is.)

Was able to hear the presser and all the officer would say is that there is a "lot of moving parts right now" but did add that it was "chilling" to know that the suspect was able to place Kienan back into the home.

No answers on how the suspect accomplished this though.

A lot of police officers kickingthemselves in the backside right now knowing they left it unguarded.

On the other hand, thank god they did...what if he saw cops and then drove away instead.

Through the media, Moskaluk, asked Hopley to get in touch with police.

“We need to speak to you. It’s very, very important that we speak to you, Randy. Our main concern now is for you to contact us,” he said.

Moskaluk would not say whether the Hebert home was under surveillance when the child was returned.

“With respect to the (suspected)abductor placing the child back in the home undetected, is a very chilling prospect,” he said.

Police are still searching for Hopley and his vehicle, a 1987 brown Toyota Camry.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/09/11/missing-b-c-child-kienan-hebert-returned-to-family-rcmp/

Basically....they don't know!

I think it was the last place they expected him to show up. They said that statistics show that this just never happens.

I am going to guess that their resources were stretched pretty thin overnight and they were just simply monitoring other spots (like Orville Sheet's trailer and RH's mom's house, etc.) I just heard on the scanner that some LE have been manning roadblocks since yesterday afternoon without a break.

ETA: It implies to me that RH has always been close by. (And likely still is.)

There have been some officers at the Elko Tunnel for 16 hours now and backups are now being sent to give them some relief.

A lot of police officers kickingthemselves in the backside right now knowing they left it unguarded.

On the other hand, thank god they did...what if he saw cops and then drove away instead.

Exactly!!

This is not the time to be kicking themselves in the backside.. this is a time of shoulder slapping and high fives. Keinan is safe at home. EVERYONE did a great job and had anything been done differently it might not be this way.

Wish one of the officers has been hiding in the house and nabbed him when he snuck back in.

OMG! :woohoo:Kienan has been found alive!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo:
I'm so thrilled and happy!!
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You
:prayer:

On Saturday, the Hebert family made an emotional plea directly to the suspected abductor, Randall Hopley. The child was left in the Hebert home, which was empty as the family was staying with friends.

Police then received a 9-11 call from the abductor and arrived at the home to find the child.

“We can confirm that three-year-old Kienan Hebert is safe and sound and alive. He appears to be in good general health,” Moskaluk said, adding he had never seen an outcome like this in 26 years of policing.

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Mi...ily+Sparwood/5384997/story.html#ixzz1Xf5sgaZY

Thank God. Thank God. Thank God. Thank God. Thank God. Thank God. Thank God.

Hey Randy. Come on in. No one wants to hurt you. You showed everyone that you didn't want to hurt little Kienan. You did the right thing by taking him back home and making sure he was safe by calling police to let them know he was there.

Now let all of the officers go home to their families too. Your mom wants to know you are safe. She never believed that you would hurt Kienan. She knows you.

You must be getting tired. You can't hide forever. Stay safe yourself and just come to a safe place where police can pick you up. You know that the local police won't hurt you. They know you too. They want to talk to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18