GUILTY Canada - Kienan Hebert, 3, Sparwood BC, 7 Sept 2011 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'Justice failed us': Kienan's dad

Relief turned to rage for a Sparwood, B.C., dad Monday, angry the justice system could free the "sick" man now suspected of kidnapping his three-year-old boy.

While overjoyed with the return of his son Kienan Hebert, who was dropped off unharmed at his home early Sunday, Paul Hebert took aim at the justice system that allowed his alleged abductor, Randall Hopley, 46, to walk free despite a string of convictions and troubling accusations, some involving children.

Hopley remains at large as Mounties continue a massive manhunt.

"The justice system knew he was a problem in society, they should be held accountable and should be blamed for letting him loose," he said.

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/09/12/justice-failed-us-kienans-dad

Dad lashes out at justice system

Kienan's father, Paul Hebert, sat down with the media Monday, the day after his son had been returned, unharmed, to the home from which he had been stolen. And although Kienan could be seen just a day after his abduction playing on the lawn with his brothers and sisters, the boy seems nervous around new people.

It's something Hebert said the family would have to work on with the aid of professionals.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/lashes+justice+system/5392244/story.html

This is an amazing story. I was following when K was missing and was so happy that it turned out with such an incredibly happy ending.

Now, let's hope they catch RH soon. That man needs to be taken off the streets for good.

I'm sorry, I'm not buying it. The intense planning that went into what he did and what he tried to do to the 10 year old disabled boy do not sound like something someone with FAS is capable of.

Yes, I'm sure that there are people with such disabilities that molest kids. They may not fully understand the magnitude of what they are doing. They make have adult sexual appetites coupled with the mind of a child. They may not be classic pedophiles. And I think these types likely molest a child in a different manner, no real planning, no concerted attempts to evade. What Hopely did was complicated. I do not believe he is as disabled as some would believe.

Real pedophiles are people that are seriously attracted to children and attracted to hurting them. It is about control, power, domination, cruelty and pain. They fantasize about what they will do. They plan and plot. Sounds like Hopely to me. He simply does not sound like the Lenny (Mice and Men) type who simply wanted a "playmate". I just don't buy it. (With utmost respect!)

I wasn't trying to paint Hopley with a nice brush, just looking for a playmate kinda guy.

I was just pointing out that statistically, the odds were stacked against him before he was even born, and 95% of those that have FAS have mental health problems and 52% of them display inappropriate sexual behavior. And a large number of pedophiles have had exposure to FAS. It is deviant and according to studies FAS is a factor.
There was no suggestion of a gentle giant. Hopley is a dangerous sex offender, and a danger to society. I would just like to see change on a higher level - cuz this trying to catch them after the damage is done just isn't working for me - too many innocents pay the price.
There is an ongoing debate about whether evil "just is" or it is a result of something. In this case it is a result of something IMO. Something that could have been prevented, and all of Hopleys victims have paid the price for it.

I understand what you're saying, Crimebella and completely agree. Some people need to be turned into "lab rats" so we can learn how to prevent this in the future.

Go to scanner thread

They got him!!!!

Well done to ALL involved in this ~ those men and women deserve a raise!

No kidding! It's been such a long, tough haul for them. So intense...for so many days. I can't begin to imagine how many leads the followed up on. Every suspicious car, every suspicious hitchhiker, every specific walker and ATV'er. Every abandoned camp or cabin.

Pheww!

IDK but in my opinion it sounds like there was some negotiations going on. I sensed it in the last PC before Hopley returned Kienan. There was no mention of his name and I just got the feeling that the officer was speaking in code.

I hope they didn't make a deal. Drop Kienan and get out of town. Nah. Would they? Not the RCMP. :innocent:

BBM
Then why is the RCMP still looking for Hopley? IF Hopley dropped the boy off at home in the middle of the night, wouldn't it be easy to trail him ? Even IF the house was unguarded and unlocked. Makes no sense to me!:maddening:

YAY! Now everyone can sleep again in this town and surrounding areas! Hopefully, also, we will gain a wealth of knowledge on why this particular case turned out the way it did...it still boggles my mind to be honest.

Statistically, punishments do not work with FAS. The damage is done - and as harsh as this sounds, Hopley is, I believe, incurable. Again, I am not suggesting he be given a pass, or be allowed on the streets. I just think with the whole "tougher laws" suggestions we also need to consider attacking and solving the root of the evil if we want to really start putting a stop to these people wandering the streets to protect innocent children.

I could not agree more, its sad that when these same people are children they do not receive the resources to learn to deal with their disability, but as adults they cost the "system" millions. And I firmly believe almost anyone capable of cognition can learn coping skills that prevent them from lashing out when given the right tools at the right time.

And I agree, the first place to start I think, with this particular case in mind, is tackling these problems when children are still young, and optimally before they are even conceived and subjected to drug/alcohol abuse and their related syndromes. (makes me think of rapper 2pacs tattoo T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E. = The Hate U Give Little Infants F's Everybody).

I always wonder what would be a good balance between providing help to the women who are mothering neglected-before-birthed children and punishing them. You want them to be able to seek help, but unfortunately, almost all damage caused by alcohol occurs in the first trimester, especially in the first days/weeks of conception, so its important to treat alcoholism before these women even have kids, because once they are pregnant, its likely to late. :banghead:

It was just reported on CTV that a canine out of Kelowna caught his scent and tracked him to a gravel pit near the border of Alberta.

NO BREAKING NEWS yet as to whether they caught Hopley

http://www.globaltvbc.com/randall+hopley+arrested+in+alberta/6442480897/story.html

A police dog named Taz from the Kelowna RCMP detachment had been tracking Hopley through the night, and led officers to his location this morning.

Police say he was hiding in a gravel pit just off the highway.

The surrounding area has been cordoned off and police are searching for an accomplice with a helicopter and ATVs.

Read it on Global News: Global BC | Randall Hopley arrested in Alberta

images

From same link

For Hebert, questions about the investigation are secondary to the fact that his son was returned.

“If there was police watching, Hopley probably wouldn’t have dropped him off here,” he said. “Who knows the circumstances, who cares?”

???? Who cares??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stellrcellr
Back