Canada - Laura Babcock, 23, Toronto, 26 June 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe but other than psychological support, help with what? Abortion is legal and covered by OHIP. All her medical expenses would have been covered and she isn't entitled to child support until a child is born.
That would be assuming a few things.
1. She was pregnant.
2. That she wanted to terminate the pregnancy (If not, it would provide a bit of a glitch to someone who had a girlfriend)
3. If she chose not to terminate, that she wouldn't want child support and some form of compensation.

It sounds like she was very lost and in a desperate place last June. Perhaps she had resorted to things that she was not proud of and had no one to turn to? Who knows, she may have been "friends with benefits" with DM but was hoping for more. She was a young woman from a well to do family who had reportedly resorted to some form of prostitution. It sounds like she was not thinking very rationally. The best case scenario is that she is alive and she makes it back to her loved ones when she is ready or wants to get clean. MOO.

It's a little 'off' imo that some are saying DM told LE that LB was buying drugs from him. I seriously doubt DM made such a comment to LE.

By coincidence, SL said that DM made the drug buying statement to him during a conversation they had after LB disappeared. Much more believable, imo.

I agree. I think the friend may have just confused the comment made to SL as having been made to LE.

It's a little 'off' imo that some are saying DM told LE that LB was buying drugs from him. I seriously doubt DM made such a comment to LE.

By coincidence, SL said that DM made the drug buying statement to him during a conversation they had after LB disappeared. Much more believable, imo.

I agree in fact Ann herself seems to think that this is the result of confused second-hand information.

I think the most newsworthy items from this blog update is the following:

When I asked police this week to provide once and for all the yes-or-no answer to this question, spokeswoman Constable Wendy Drummond responded, “I have just got word from Det. Carbone that he is not in a position to release any information about his investigation at this time.”

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/201...llard-about-laura-babcocks-disappearance.html

I say newsworthy because it tells us that Det Carbone is still in charge of the investigation even after the disastrous press conference he gave during which he was completely ignorant of basic details surrounding this case such as the fact that DM used the hangar for soft-core photo shoots that he posted to the "suicide girls" website. It was mind-boggling that the lead detective did not know about DM's involvement in model photography - this alone would be reason to disqualify him from further involvement in this investigation but he is still in charge!

Not to split hairs, but it is likely the model herself actually submitted the photos.

<modsnip>

Yes good point - the model probably uploaded the pics. Still Det Carbone should have been aware of this widely publicized photo shoot.

Not to split hairs, but it is likely the model herself actually submitted the photos.

<modsnip>

Interesting. So the girls themselves can use either their own photographer or a site photographer, pay for the shoot themselves, and then must submit the set of photos with their application to be accepted. And a set of photos must consist of 40 - 60 pictures starting fully clothed and ending fully nude. Sounds like DM was just doing a friend a favour. A personality trait that another friend had commented on earlier. "He spread his wealth around freely with his friends", "He has two maybe three TVs and two X-Boxes just for his friends to play with."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...was-always-a-little-different-classmate-says/

I say newsworthy because it tells us that Det Carbone is still in charge of the investigation even after the disastrous press conference he gave during which he was completely ignorant of basic details surrounding this case such as the fact that DM used the hangar for soft-core photo shoots that he posted to the "suicide girls" website. It was mind-boggling that the lead detective did not know about DM's involvement in model photography - this alone would be reason to disqualify him from further involvement in this investigation but he is still in charge!

RSBM

I agree - still waiting for more info on the TSP 'photography' at DM's farm.

Some questions which to my knowledge have not been addressed/discussed here

Last known cell phone call made by LB was to DM on July 3rd,
I know it has been suggested that her billing cycle may have ended then, if so where is her next bill, and what is on it

SL says when he confronted DM with the phone records, DM admitted 8 calls, now it is 13
which is accurate, were there any incoming calls from DM to LB

What other numbers are on her phone records, and has there been an attempt to make contact with every one of them

Finally, is July 3rd call to DM the absolute last time LB's phone was used, incoming or outgoing calls?

Bumping again for Laura.

Can I ask why the need for bumping.... ? I am not being rude I just dont understand why its done. Wouldn't someone post any updates in that thread as and when information comes along. I am asking purely out of wanting to understand the 'bumping' procedure...

Can I ask why the need for bumping.... ? I am not being rude I just dont understand why its done. Wouldn't someone post any updates in that thread as and when information comes along. I am asking purely out of wanting to understand the 'bumping' procedure...

Sure. No problem. When you "bump" a post, it goes to the top of the forum. It's a way of highlighting the importance of the thread.

moo

Sure. No problem. When you "bump" a post, it goes to the top of the forum. It's a way of highlighting the importance of the thread.

moo

Oh ok... I thought it was just to show the thread that was more active ....

Have just searched the Canada Missing website at www.canadamissing.ca and there is no information listed for LB, under either her real name or the alias she had been known to use.

Further to that, this statement is on the homepage of the site
Current cases listed on this website represent a sampling of missing persons and unidentified remains investigations in Canada as submitted by the investigating police agency, coroners and medical examiners. The primary investigator, coroner or medical examiner determines which cases can be displayed on the website

This was posted a while ago but was lost amongst an onslaught of new posts. Now that this thread has gone quiet, maybe it would be a good time to revisit?

On the Help Us Find Laura FB page LB's aunt mentioned that LB visited a strip club called Treasures in Mississauga prior to her disappearance. The website for the club appears to no longer be active, and another website says Treasures is now called Café Atlantis (which does have a working website).

I found a disturbing article from 2010 about a young woman forced into the sex trade - and Treasures just happens to be the club she worked at.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/06/20/14456366.html

Have just searched the Canada Missing website at www.canadamissing.ca and there is no information listed for LB, under either her real name or the alias she had been known to use.

Further to that, this statement is on the homepage of the site
Current cases listed on this website represent a sampling of missing persons and unidentified remains investigations in Canada as submitted by the investigating police agency, coroners and medical examiners. The primary investigator, coroner or medical examiner determines which cases can be displayed on the website

Other that the photo op at DM's farm, TPS hasn't advised or demonstrated they are doing very much for LB, imo. Surely someone could have thought to post her stats on this new site.

This was posted a while ago but was lost amongst an onslaught of new posts. Now that this thread has gone quiet, maybe it would be a good time to revisit?

On the Help Us Find Laura FB page LB's aunt mentioned that LB visited a strip club called Treasures in Mississauga prior to her disappearance. The website for the club appears to no longer be active, and another website says Treasures is now called Café Atlantis (which does have a working website).

I found a disturbing article from 2010 about a young woman forced into the sex trade - and Treasures just happens to be the club she worked at.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/torontoandgta/2010/06/20/14456366.html

More info from the aunt would be helpful, imo - it's difficult to know the reliability of the statement without the source. Who did LB visit there with and how long before she disappeared was this visit etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7