Canada - Liana White, 29, Edmonton AB, 12 July 2005 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but if the SUV was left unlocked/door open someone else may have come along and seen the purse on the seat and helped themselves to her wallet. I can imagine them going through it as they run off and tossing any identifying cards etc and just keeping the money??

I also got a shock when I saw the photo of her hubby! Image of Mark Hacking!!! I feel so sorry for him if he has nothing to do with her disappearance because I think everyone is going to make the comparison between the both of them!

Probe continues in case of Edmonton woman who disappeared en route to work

LISA ARROWSMITH
July 14, 2005

EDMONTON (CP) - They say they're getting lots of tips, but Edmonton police still don't know what happened to a woman who mysteriously disappeared on her way to work.

Liana White, 29, has been missing since Tuesday morning, when she failed to arrive at her downtown hospital job. Police have found no evidence of foul play and are still treating the case as a missing person, acting Insp. Jamie Ewatski told reporters Thursday.

White's SUV was found abandoned in a parking lot not far from her suburban north Edmonton home, but all her belongings, including bank and credit cards, have apparently been accounted for, Ewatski said.

There have been conflicting reports from witnesses about when White's vehicle was first spotted, and Ewatski said police were working to sort them out.

White's husband, Michael, has said he last saw Liana at 6:15 a.m., but a woman who reported the abandoned SUV said she saw it before 6 a.m.

"We are in the process of validating that, and I'm sure that we will have a better timeline because we've had a lot of tips," Ewatski said.

"In fact, I can say that one tip came forward that that vehicle had been there the night prior. Well, then we had a report of the next morning. So through the investigation we will tighten that timeline."

White is four months pregnant with her second child, and that fact has prompted some comparisons to the sensational case of Laci Peterson, a pregnant California woman murdered by her husband.

"There are a lot of comparisons because people watch television and people get influenced by what they see on television and think sometimes, well, that happens everywhere," Ewatski said.

Police are not treating Michael White as a suspect in anything, he said, and the case shouldn't cause city residents undue fear.

"Edmonton is a very safe city," he said. "I police that area, and it does have random acts of violence; there's no doubt about that. Every community in the city does, whether it's break and enters or stolen cars, theft from autos, assaults or stabbings."

http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/news/sho...ontent=n071463A

I am still going with looking at the hubby. The fact that there seems to be a serial killer there might give hubby the idea that he could arrange a scene to "explain" a murder.
My reasoning:
The scene of the vehicle seems "staged". Her purse is in the car, yet her ID is strewn around, bank cards and credit cards are recovered. Her keys are there. Her shoes are an oddity that is out of place- maybe left there to help indicate a struggle. Open door also to indicate a struggle. Yet no other signs of a struggle.
There are 2 witnesses that report seeing the vehicle there, before the time she was supposed to have left for work. (It took 3 calls to LE, to get them to take a look at the scene). Only her hubby to say that she left for work at the usual time.
She was a mother with a young child and pregnant, so it is not likely that decided to run off and leave her child.
Other murders have shown that during pregnancy can be a risky time in a relationship.

Any local Edmontonians know if there are cameras at traffic lights/intersections in that area?

From the officer:
>>"In fact, I can say that one tip came forward that that vehicle had been there the night prior. Well, then we had a report of the next morning. So through the investigation we will tighten that timeline."<<

WUH OH! THE NIGHT BEFORE? WUH WUH WUH OH! Wonder what time it was seen the night before. If it was seen AFTER the neighbor was with Lianna and her daughter Ashley petting the dog, then WUH OH...WUH WUH WUH OH!

ft

No press conference? No news? It is 9:33pm here, approx. time of Edmonton and no news?

FT

There was no new news to report. Just repeating the same old "still treating as a missing persons case" etc. Will post an update if I catch anything new.

Husband to search for missing pregnant wife

CTV.ca News Staff
Thu. Jul. 14 2005

The distraught husband of a missing pregnant Edmonton woman says he is frustrated with the police investigation into his wife's disappearance and and may take matters into his own hands.

Liana White, 29, failed to show up for work Tuesday morning. Her car, containing her personal belongings, was found abandoned in a parking lot near her home.

Now, after almost three days without trace, her husband, Michael White, says he plans to search for his missing wife on his own.

"My sorrow has now become anger," he told CTV News.

"She's my wife. I'm going to find her. I said the first day I'm going to find her and I will."

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1121343206016_456007/?hub=TopStories

Any local Edmontonians know if there are cameras at traffic lights/intersections in that area?

There are some, not sure if there is one at that particular intersection? I will check tomorrow after work. Edmonton also has live traffic web cams at various locations, I am trying to find them online, no luck yet! I will keep looking :)

Just watched the news, nothing new to report.

The area where her SUV was found is wide open! someone has to have seen something! that YMCA is very busy.

I will post pictures and more info on the cameras tomorrow.

Jess said:
The LE are having a press conference this afternoon about this case. Last I heard they were looking on the outskirts of Edmonton. Yikes !! I live on the outskirts. I saw the video of the husband to see if his eyes looked down to the left and they did !! We've all become so suspicious because of the Scott Peterson case. At least he didn't use the word amazing when he described her.As soon as I hear anything I'll post, but I'll be out when the evening news is on.
I think its suspicious that the husband said 6:15 am. and if that happens to be the normal time she would leave for her shift (perhaps a 7:00am shift), and the car was spotted at 5:50-6:00-or 6:15 for that matter he is a liar.
Cuz she should not be there at 6:15 if she was just leaving the house. Now if the police can prove the call from the witness came in at 6:00am. he is screwed.
I do not believe he would forget the time or not know it..people have routines. It was likely the time she left everyday or everytime she worked that particular shift.
He would be the one at home with the child-and responsible people tend to know the time when they are in a routine with shift work and children.
I did not buy his tears either. i watched the plea on TV and I just had the feeling that he was acting like a baby-too much emotion-like mark hacking. I thot he was acting.

FacTink said:
>>Her shoes came off as she was dragged away.<<

I believe the reports so far indicate no evidence of dragging.

If a person were dragged away while conscious, I'd think they'd be kicking around and not just dragging the back of their heels. Working in a hospital, I would think that the shoes wouldn't have been a slip on type or very easy to get off. Does anyone know what kind of shoes were found?

fourboys said:
Husband to search for missing pregnant wife

CTV.ca News Staff
Thu. Jul. 14 2005

The distraught husband of a missing pregnant Edmonton woman says he is frustrated with the police investigation into his wife's disappearance and and may take matters into his own hands.

Liana White, 29, failed to show up for work Tuesday morning. Her car, containing her personal belongings, was found abandoned in a parking lot near her home.

Now, after almost three days without trace, her husband, Michael White, says he plans to search for his missing wife on his own.

"My sorrow has now become anger," he told CTV News.

"She's my wife. I'm going to find her. I said the first day I'm going to find her and I will."

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1121343206016_456007/?hub=TopStories
hmmm not sure what to make of this-seems appropriate of an innocent person to be mad..maybe he isnt involved but he has to be the first suspect-its just that way-they go by the book.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Law/2005/07/13/1130092-cp.html

"White is pregnant with her second child, and that fact has prompted some comparisons to the sensational case of Laci Peterson, a pregnant California woman murdered by her husband. "

"In fact, I can say that one tip came forward that that vehicle had been there the night prior. Well, then we had a report of the next morning. So through the investigation we will tighten that timeline."

.......as i saw on the evening news tonight..............".police are asking the public to NOT make those comparisons".......
..but it's hard.............a missing pregnant wife...........the husband comes across as a cross between hacking/sp.............
...he now says he's going to "find her himself" and disregard LE...........i'll be interested to see what that entails on his part.....

The scattered items do seem like something staged to me. Remember when Marc Hacking drove his wife's car to the park, then ran home? The police noticed that the driver's seat was pushed back (for his legs) and he forgot to pull it back up. Something else in the car was suspiscious of who the last driver might have been. I hope everything like this was looked over by LE there.

The things that make me look twice at the husband are:
1) time frame
2) x-military (sorry any military people here, I know not all military people are violent, but some are).
3) Scene seems staged.

Take a look at this picture. Look at the apartments in the background. I hope all these apartments were questioned as to whether or not they have have heard something or seen that vehicle there. There are a lot of windows.

hm...never posted a pic here, how to do it? Let's try this:

http://www.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20050713/160_suv_050713.jpg

spydog said:
The scattered items do seem like something staged to me. Remember when Marc Hacking drove his wife's car to the park, then ran home? The police noticed that the driver's seat was pushed back (for his legs) and he forgot to pull it back up. Something else in the car was suspiscious of who the last driver might have been. I hope everything like this was looked over by LE there.

The things that make me look twice at the husband are:
1) time frame
2) x-military (sorry any military people here, I know not all military people are violent, but some are).
3) Scene seems staged.

Take a look at this picture. Look at the apartments in the background. I hope all these apartments were questioned as to whether or not they have have heard something or seen that vehicle there. There are a lot of windows.

hm...never posted a pic here, how to do it? Let's try this:

http://www.ctv.ca/archives/CTVNews/img2/20050713/160_suv_050713.jpg
It does sound suspicious given that there are no abductions happening in the area-and she doesnt sound like a runaway "mother" type..etc.. (timex doesnt like us to mention the name of whom I am really referencing..lol)..
i always say-who else could it be..and I agree with the military thing-it does add a knowledge of guns and so on..

lauriej said:
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Law/2005/07/13/1130092-cp.html

"White is pregnant with her second child, and that fact has prompted some comparisons to the sensational case of Laci Peterson, a pregnant California woman murdered by her husband. "

.......as i saw on the evening news tonight..............".police are asking the public to NOT make those comparisons".......
..but it's hard.............a missing pregnant wife...........the husband comes across as a cross between hacking/sp.............
...he now says he's going to "find her himself" and disregard LE...........i'll be interested to see what that entails on his part.....
basically its the timeline that twigs me-as soon as there is a descrepancy such as when she left the house vs when the car was noticed I am suspicious..he should know the time she leaves-he is married to her and its not the first time she left for work..its a routine.

I keep wanting to mention that they say she is 5.4 and 190 pounds..can that be true..I mean 5.4 isnt that tall and yet she doesnt look like she is carrying that much weight in the pictures they have shown.

I noticed in one of the link articles, that they changed that, said she was more like 150 lbs.

spydog said:
I noticed in one of the link articles, that they changed that, said she was more like 150 lbs.
oh thanks- i dont care if she is 190 if its true-but it didnt sound right to me and I would have factored that into how mobile she could have been-not very at 190 pounds-pregnant-5.4..however, 150 sounds right for her stage in the pregnancy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyOfDragons