CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Feb 1 2021 rbbm.
FBI joins investigation into murder of Victoria Realtor Lindsay Buziak
"...Jeff Buziak, Lindsay's father, tells CTV News that he feels like he's reliving his daughter's murder each time a development such as this is announced by police.

"I have to relive it. It’s a horrible situation but it is part of my healing process," he said. "The young women in Victoria are of much greater threat from the killers of Lindsay that haven’t been arrested than they are of COVID."
We never hear from Lindsay's mother or sister, I notice.

Feb 1 2021 rbbm.
"...Jeff Buziak, Lindsay's father, tells CTV News that he feels like he's reliving his daughter's murder each time a development such as this is announced by police.

"I have to relive it. It’s a horrible situation but it is part of my healing process," he said. "The young women in Victoria are of much greater threat from the killers of Lindsay that haven’t been arrested than they are of COVID."
RSBM
We never hear from Lindsay's mother or sister, I notice.

I never knew of any DNA in this case. For the first time in a long time, I feel the needle is moving in this case. I think there are some nervous people right now dreading the possibility of what might come out.

I have just recently learned of this case and I do have some opinions on what may have occurred here. Although it has been stated by police that the BF and his mother have been ruled out, what I have come to learn is that the police are not always forthcoming on what they believe and don’t believe. I doubt very much that anyone has been ruled out of their investigation. Simplicity is best when interpreting facts. In other words, is it likely that Lindsay was killed by a Mexican drug cartel or biker gang? Probably not! The victimology doesn’t support this. I know there was this connection to a large drug bust, however this was a very remote connection. I think it’s a big leap to connect the two events but if the BF orchestrated this murder then this event may have been suggested to police as a convenient connection to explain away Lindsay’s murder.
The couple that arrived to view the house clearly were there for the purpose of murdering Lindsay. But why? I have read that there were NO defensive wounds on Lindsay. This means that the female took an active part in the murder by holding her down or even could have been the one that inflicted the wounds. Nothing was stolen so what and who would gain from this murder? For me, this means the BF and possibly his family. To have a female involved is quite unusual and possibly a weakness for the other perpetrators (she might tell).
I think the police probably know who committed this crime but maybe need a bit more evidence or someone to come forward and tell what they know. It’s pretty hard to commit such a horrible act without leaving some trace DNA behind. I’m pretty confident they will solve this. The phone information does suggest an organized perpetrator that is well versed on how to utilize technology. But I’m sure as much as we think they can’t trace these phones, it’s not like the police haven’t been aware that this type of technology exists. I bet they have ways of getting information that the common layperson would not be aware of. I give it a bit more longer but it will be solved!

sorry...I haven't got time to read back through all the posts, so im. sure you've covered this.

ive. heard that. one of Lindsays close. friends got a strange phone call in the middle of the night....she phoned back many times before getting through to the mother of Lindsays boyfriend.

mother denies. this.

so we can only assume that either....friend had a particularly vivid dream and refuses to acknowledge that it was a dream

or one of them is responsible or. knows who was. responsible and is lying....any more news on this

I think it was a bit odd. that the woman in the. couple wore such a distinctive dress....wouldnt you try to look as ordinary as possible...no doubt she wanted to look wealthy, but you can do that in, for example, very well cut black trousers

Last edited:
Feb 3 2021
FBI join cold-case hunt for agent’s killers
''Editor’s note: Western Investor has a wide readership in Canada’s real estate community and it is our hope that someone out there may have information that will aid in this investigation.

FBI investigators from the United States have joined a new task force investigating the 13-year-old homicide of Victoria real estate agent Lindsay Buziak, but the woman’s father calls news of the involvement a public relations stunt.''

''B.C. RCMP Cpl. Chris Manseau said use of genetic technology is potentially an important and reliable new investigative technique that will help advance serious crime investigations such as homicide. RCMP national headquarters is working with justice partners in assessing the viability and legality of using genetic genealogy techniques, Manseau said.''

Rob Gordon of Simon Fraser University’s School of Criminology said he’s puzzled by the FBI’s involvement noting it’s not as if they have “magical special powers of investigation or special equipment.” The RCMP also has a forensics lab to do DNA analysis.

Involvement between the FBI and Saanich police began last year, Anastasiades confirmed.''

Feb 3 2021
FBI join cold-case hunt for agent’s killers
''Editor’s note: Western Investor has a wide readership in Canada’s real estate community and it is our hope that someone out there may have information that will aid in this investigation.

FBI investigators from the United States have joined a new task force investigating the 13-year-old homicide of Victoria real estate agent Lindsay Buziak, but the woman’s father calls news of the involvement a public relations stunt.''

''B.C. RCMP Cpl. Chris Manseau said use of genetic technology is potentially an important and reliable new investigative technique that will help advance serious crime investigations such as homicide. RCMP national headquarters is working with justice partners in assessing the viability and legality of using genetic genealogy techniques, Manseau said.''

Rob Gordon of Simon Fraser University’s School of Criminology said he’s puzzled by the FBI’s involvement noting it’s not as if they have “magical special powers of investigation or special equipment.” The RCMP also has a forensics lab to do DNA analysis.

Involvement between the FBI and Saanich police began last year, Anastasiades confirmed.''
To me, FBI involvement means there's something pointing to a US connection

what im saying will probably be stupid, as im a brit, so dont know the finer points about the fbi

but I think there have been new developments because, although Lindsays father says they were already helping, it still was a long time before they got involved.

my gut feeling....and this is obviously only speculation...is that the fbi are working on some kind of organised crime...and think. someone involved was involved in Lindsays murder...that doesn't rule out it being a purely personal motive.

if you look at the British presumed murder of suzy lamplight, you will see that this is totally different in tone

suzy lamplugh....my computers not helping here

I need you lot to help me because there are a lot of contradictory reports...one says she had a lot of druggies on her Facebook page...another says she didn't.

just wondering why the man phoned to say the woman wouldn't be accompanying him and then she did....did somebody get the word to them that Lindsay was. feeling nervous or did the change of heart come from them...its pretty obvious that its easier to kill. someone with 2 people than with one....it all seems to have gone like clockwork with the short window of time they. had

if its any consolation, there was a death 10 years ago in strange circumstances of Gareth Williams, who was working for British intelligence....worth looking at if you like a puzzle.
the policeman...now retired...who was in charge of that, said at the weekend that he'd like that case to be reopened, because although they only had a couple of odd bits of partial dna, so many advances have been made, he thinks they could get something out of them.

there was also a murder of a. girl in my hometown around the same time which has recently been solved in the same way.

we should never give up hope

if its any consolation, there was a death 10 years ago in strange circumstances of Gareth Williams, who was working for British intelligence....worth looking at if you like a puzzle.
the policeman...now retired...who was in charge of that, said at the weekend that he'd like that case to be reopened, because although they only had a couple of odd bits of partial dna, so many advances have been made, he thinks they could get something out of them.

there was also a murder of a. girl in my hometown around the same time which has recently been solved in the same way.

we should never give up hope
Apparently there has been some recent movement in that case..
Ws thread..
UK - UK - Gareth Williams, 31, Pimlico, London, 16 Aug 2010

yes, dotr...the difference is, I think, that we. dont have the background to make the connections there.

Lindsays case reminds me a bit of the disappeared presumed murdered case of claudia Lawrence in Britain...a lot of us getting headaches with that...in both hers and Lindsays case you feel if you could just make one connection, you could nail it...I think there are very strong suggestions. of corruption in Claudius case, though...ill. keep thinking about them...a fat. lot of good that will do

ive got a. few more queries...things that strike me as odd...maybe ive got it wrong or maybe you've got more information.

I think the police are. holding quite a bit back, which is understandable....just. wonder how you see it.

I read that there were about 40 stab wounds...normally with that, id. expect a comment about whether they thought there was more than one assailant, whether they were keeping any open mind, and what kind of knife was involved....again, ive read they found bloody footprints...do we assume there was just one set or more.

ive already said I thought the woman dress was strange...I. assume the idea was to get the deed done and get away as. soon. as possible, so, in the circumstances id have worn some kind. of expensive trainers you could run away in...not something you'd wear with a dress

all things considered, I think the poster who said there were people waiting inside. could be on the right track...how did they get access...I dont think the woman hung around for long or was involved directly in the attack..maybe the man wasn't..the people who knifed her were maybe wearing clothes they didn't mind getting bloodstained

yes, dotr...the difference is, I think, that we. dont have the background to make the connections there.

Lindsays case reminds me a bit of the disappeared presumed murdered case of claudia Lawrence in Britain...a lot of us getting headaches with that...in both hers and Lindsays case you feel if you could just make one connection, you could nail it...I think there are very strong suggestions. of corruption in Claudius case, though...ill. keep thinking about them...a fat. lot of good that will do
Not that it matters, but just to clarify i do not think there is a connection to any of the other cases mentioned, was just providing the link to a referenced thread .

sorry...I didn't mean to confuse anyone...a few more thoughts, that you've probably had already...

the police in Lindsays hometown must know now whether or. not. she informed on the drugs gang...the police in the drugs area might not tell them who it. was, but, with Lindsays death, they'd give her police a yes or no.

her boyfriends account is just about possible but highly unlikely...arriving just at. the right time to see the couple, but not at the right time to confront them...and going immediately to the room where she was...

he says the couple were coming out of the house and we must now assume going to walk back up the road, and its assumed they did the killing...I dont know but can someone tell me, if they did. it, would it have been possible for them to get away without bloodstains on their clothes...if the scene had. been cleaned up, were there any cleaning materials left behind, and, if there weren't, were they carrying a bag.

if the boyfriends story is true, then I dont think the couple killed her...then they were decoys...I dont know what story would have been concocted...maybe they would have said someone attacked. her just. after they left....but I doubt there was anything there that could prove they killed her.

I think its pretty clear that someone at her boyfriends mothers. firm must have given details. to the killers...and I agree with the police that it was a planned attack but not a professional hit...maybe a crime of passion.

if. it was a drugs. gang, how did they. become convinced. that Lindsay had given them away...I know there are factors that. could point to it, but it doesn't strike me as one of the obvious answers

It isn't out of the realm of possibilities that they were decoys and there was someone in the house waiting. There are multiple people who have access to that lock box at any given time and if nothing else the access code could have been given out very easily. I'm assuming they would have checked any attempts to unlock the box as they were able to determine the exact time Lindsay accesses it.

I also agree boyfriends story has alot of holes.

wouldn't it have been easier to use a gun with. a silencer...or did they. just want to get rid of their anger

Exactly what I was thinking. This has elements of a planned hit but the execution was to make it look like a rage killing. If they just wanted her dead there would have been easier, more efficient methods. A truly bizarre case.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back