CANADA Canada - Lindsay Buziak, 24, Victoria, BC, 2 Feb 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Thanks to both nevinm and nettie, for clarifying the location.

De Sousa Place appears to be a private road/driveway to the few homes on the cul-du-sac. It isn't wide enough to park on the side of the road. So, I assume that JZ pulled around the corner to the side of the house (on Torquay) when he said he didn't want to sit directly in front of the house. There is a parking pull-in right beside the house, which seems the obvious place to park. (This also is the same spot depicted on the Dateline show.)

My question is this: if JZ and friend were sitting in the parked car right beside the fence, how could the perps have exited without being seen? Perhaps they saw JZ's car parked there as they were about to exit to the side of the property and instead went to the back or other side and cut through some back yards? Ultimately they would have had to come out to Torquay I presume. Thoughts? Ideas?

I've also seen mention in a couple of places (Sorry...can't remember exactly where on this board or in links on this board.) That 3 boards were missing from the fence for easier access for the tradesmen working on the house. Does anyone know the time reference for that (i.e. was that gap there at the time of the murder?)

From google street view it looks like that gap is at the back corner of the side fence. That would have been right beside JZ's car. Why would JZ have had to boost his friend over the fence if there was a hole in it? (assuming it was there at the time of the murder)

Any other thoughts/comments on the physical setup?

Hmmmm....I thought I posted this the other day, but now I can't find it. So if I've posted it twice I apologize.

Here is a video interview with three close friends of Lindsay's.

[video=youtube;dfU7L6du8XU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfU7L6du8XU&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Hello, I hope it's ok with everyone for me to jump in here. I have read the whole thread but haven't watched the dateline segment yet. There's something bothering me about Lindsey telling her dad that she saw something she shouldn't have and that she was afraid. (this occured about a week before she was murdered, right?)

The underlying drug element also bothers me. This is what I am wondering. Were drugs being stored at empty homes? Were empty homes being used as a 'front' for drug deals?
Had Lindsey ever shown this particular house before even though she wasn't the actual listing agent?

I suspect she may have gone to show a home that was being used for nefarious activities and walked in on something or found something stored there during a showing. I hope LE has checked out the contractor/builder because he would be the only person with a key or combination to the lock box other than realtors and the police have said Lindsey's death was not connected to the real estate industry.

The drug trade makes more sense to me. And if there were some high dollar, ahem, 'clients', then a million dollar home showing to wealthy people would be a perfect front for large drug transactions.

I believe this mystery couple had visited the home before and already had their escape route planned. This would be why they didn't drive their vehicle. They feared someone would recognize the car if they had been there previously. Their car was probably stashed around the corner or they had a driver waiting nearby who would be an accomplice in the getaway.

I don't think that home was picked at random at all. I think that home was picked for a reason and by some wealthy or powerful people. I'm not suggesting Lindsey was involved at all. I think she stumbled upon something that caused some 'unusual' people to feel threatened and they snuffed her out. (sorry to be so graphic)

Blessings to Lindsey's family and friends for keeping this case in the public eye.

Thanks for listening and All MOO.

wm

Casing the home ahead of time would make sense given how quickly the perps managed to get out.I wonder if they kept a quick change of clothing(and wigs?) stashed at the house too.

News from Toronto, a long way away but it is a reminder that not everyone looking at houses for sale are legit.

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100927/100927_open_housers/20100927/?hub=CP24Home
Mon Sep. 27 2010 11:04:02 AM

Couple charged after thefts from real estate open houses
The Canadian Press

OAKVILLE, Ont. — A Toronto-area couple faces multiple charges after allegedly stealing jewelry, cash and other items while walking through real estate open houses.

Police say they arrested the couple on Sept. 19 after they were allegedly spotted stealing property during an open house in Oakville, Ont.

The suspects were tailed by police that day after officers in Oshawa and Whitby began probing thefts from homes being shown for sale

News from Toronto, a long way away but it is a reminder that not everyone looking at houses for sale are legit.

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100927/100927_open_housers/20100927/?hub=CP24Home
Mon Sep. 27 2010 11:04:02 AM

Couple charged after thefts from real estate open houses
The Canadian Press

OAKVILLE, Ont. — A Toronto-area couple faces multiple charges after allegedly stealing jewelry, cash and other items while walking through real estate open houses.

Police say they arrested the couple on Sept. 19 after they were allegedly spotted stealing property during an open house in Oakville, Ont.

The suspects were tailed by police that day after officers in Oshawa and Whitby began probing thefts from homes being shown for sale

Thanks dotr. I am afraid that this type of thing may happen more often than we know. Have you read about the recent realtor deaths in Ohio?

Realtors are usually outgoing, confident, career driven people, from my personal experience. However, an open house provides opportunities for peeps to wander about and the realtor cannot be everywhere at once. My opinion is that this industry is wide open for nefarious activities in our present economy. I think security cameras or security guards at high dollar homes would help insure the safety of realtors who I think are vulnerable at open houses and showings. It's sad that 'evil doers' take advantage of folks who are just trying to make a living.

This is all MOO.

wm

I suspect she may have gone to show a home that was being used for nefarious activities and walked in on something or found something stored there during a showing. I hope LE has checked out the contractor/builder because he would be the only person with a key or combination to the lock box other than realtors and the police have said Lindsey's death was not connected to the real estate industry.

The drug trade makes more sense to me. And if there were some high dollar, ahem, 'clients', then a million dollar home showing to wealthy people would be a perfect front for large drug transactions.

I don't think that home was picked at random at all. I think that home was picked for a reason and by some wealthy or powerful people. I'm not suggesting Lindsey was involved at all. I think she stumbled upon something that caused some 'unusual' people to feel threatened and they snuffed her out. (sorry to be so graphic)

wm

S&BBM

If she had just stumbled upon something in the house, I don't believe she would have been contacted the 48 hours before asking for the specifics of this house. It seems like Lindsay was lured to this house...IMO, this was definitely preplanned simply because whoever killed her bought a disposable cell phone months before activating it, then only activated it 48 hours before Lindsay was murdered, it was only ever used to contact Lindsay...nobody else. That combined with the particulars of what the couple was looking for in a house, and the possibility of them asking directly for that house, says to me she was targeted for some reason, and it wasn't just because of something she stumbled upon in that house.

S&BBM

If she had just stumbled upon something in the house, I don't believe she would have been contacted the 48 hours before asking for the specifics of this house. It seems like Lindsay was lured to this house...IMO, this was definitely preplanned simply because whoever killed her bought a disposable cell phone months before activating it, then only activated it 48 hours before Lindsay was murdered, it was only ever used to contact Lindsay...nobody else. That combined with the particulars of what the couple was looking for in a house, and the possibility of them asking directly for that house, says to me she was targeted for some reason, and it wasn't just because of something she stumbled upon in that house.

Nettie, your response compelled me to clarify my thought process here. My apologies that my post was vague.

I was surmising that perhaps Lindsey had possiblility stumbled across evidence of 'something' in a prior showing or open house, perhaps at a different location of high value and was lured to this particular expensive property, like you said. But I also question if she had shown this particlular house previously and if that was the purpose in luring her there...they knew she wanted a big sale. I don't beleive that she discovered anything at that house on that day. I do wonder what it was that was worrying her when she lunched with her family the week prior to her murder.

I agree with you that she was targeted and that it was planned in advance due to the use of the 'bat phones'.

Sorry if my post seemed vague. Sometimes the written word doesn't register with others the way I intend.

respectfully, wm

MOO

I'm glad this case is staying active here, but I'd like to suggest that you all join the facebook group "Find Lindsay Buziak's Murderers" Lots of interesting theories and information going on there and Lindsay's father Jeff posts there as well.

After thinking that having one's life taken as the worst thing that could happen,I realized, that having your child killed was worse.
Could it be possible that someone wanted to "destroy" L.B's Father (or Mother)?

Realtors are sometimes in a situation where they are alone in a vacant house with some who's presents there cannot be traced. It is a perfect situation for a crime. Realtors, like those in Ohio can be robbed, they can be raped, as often happens and they can be killed for no discernable reason; such as Lindsay or Mike Emert case in Seattle.

When there is no obvious motive, one possibility is "murder for hire". This prospect gets the blood flowing of most "sleuthers", but it is actually very rare. Victims of "hired hits" have enemies who have money, contact with the sort of "reliable criminals" who they can trust and, most importantly, a reason to kill that is so compelling that they are willing to risk the harshest sentence the state can impose.
I just don't see how Lindsay could have known, done or seen something that could have lead to this. Sure lots of "legitimate" appearing business men or women engage in shady deal and illegal practices. But hirering "hit men"? Find the criminal operation and you have the motive and the Killer. Right.

Then there is the whole different "motive" A stranger who wants to kill for the sake of killing and just wants the "safest" situation to do it. I think that is what happened to Mike Emert and probably Lindsay as well. The fact that she was young an attractive suggests a sexual element but we might never know. In the meantime, everyone in Lindsay’s extended network of friends and business contacts is going to be subject to gossip, speculation and rumors.

I wish they would have a law, that before a house is shown to potential buyers, those buyers will have to show up at the Realtor office, and have a picture taken, and that picture placed with the property that is going to be shown....

As for the video from dateline. I have watched several times, and i will give credit to LE for releasing the information they did.

I have not learned, or seen that the killer/killers called and asked for this Realtor in particular?

From the for sale sign in the yard, it has a number to call, but it does not have this person picture or her name on it from what i could tell.

And i am assuming, the Realtor recommended this house to show, based on the information giving to her.
And the killer did not specify they wanted to see this particular house.

There something odd about this case.
All the beauty involved. beautiful people, beautiful jobs, life's, property...and in the midst of all this beauty, comes a horrific act of violence into there inner circle.
Even the two that showed up to view the property, were dressed for it, in nice clothes etc.

Could the killer, had already been inside and waiting?
And she was
lead there by the two?
And when they entered, and went upstairs, the killer locked the door behind them? She did remove her shoes.

Could the couple had planned to leave through the front door, but upon seeing the vehicle, decided to leave through the unlock backdoor, where the one had to jump the3 fence to get in.

So many stab wounds?
One killer, or two using the same kind of knife. Or one killer using two knifes, one in each hand?
identical knifes that would leave the same type of marks, and be mistaken for one killer or one knife.

Overkill..
to make it look personal?
I believe a woman was the mastermind behind this.
Jealous revenge perhaps...an ex of one of the main men in the video perhaps........I believe the killer killers knew the group of people involved in the show and took
out revenge on the group by killing the one.

They needed to see the property, buy something already to move into, in two days?......Is that because they had to be back at work on Monday?

I would look at some women, with criminal pasts.
and that knew this group of people either directly or indirectly that had a motive of revenge against this particular group of people.

The girls themselves admitted, they were living a life like a TV show. Sex in the city i believe it was.

There was a reason why they called that particular rental office.
Its because they were extremely upset with one or more working there perhaps. She just happened to answer the phone. Because as i said before, from the video, i did not hear where they asked for her by name.

THE ABOVE ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART, NOTHING POSTED AS FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN TO BE.

After watching the Dateline show, I am really curious about JZ's Mom. She is the ONLY one stating that Lindsey was afraid of her ex, while EVERYONE else, except Lindsey's Mother, spoke of how much she cared for him, missed him and wanted to be with him. That just doesn't make sense to me whatsoever. I wonder if they have looked at his then g/f, now wife and if she knows JZ's Mom? IMHO they need to be looked at and questioned. JZ And his Mom seemed very calm, precise, cold, almost uncaring during the interview. This is IMOO only.

I have not learned, or seen that the killer/killers called and asked for this Realtor in particular?

From the for sale sign in the yard, it has a number to call, but it does not have this person picture or her name on it from what i could tell.

And i am assuming, the Realtor recommended this house to show, based on the information giving to her.
And the killer did not specify they wanted to see this particular house.

THE ABOVE ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART, NOTHING POSTED AS FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN TO BE.

If you read the info posted on the Facebook group, it has been said I believe by Lindsay's father himself that Lindsay was directly contacted by these people, and the people who contacted her were referred to Lindsay by previous clients. When Lindsay tried to contact those previous clients it stated on their voicemail that they were out of town. Lindsay was murdered before they arrived back in town.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=306153774041&topic=14020

There is a lot of reading at the above link, but there is some info that was not on Dateline posted by Lindsay's Dad Jeff there.

I've been reading the Fb discussions, and there's one thing that doesn't make sense to me. Lindsay's father - and I'm sorry to be graphic because it's so horrible - said that "there was a big hole at the base of [Lindsay's] throat front." Anyway, JZ claimed to have performed CPR on Lindsay when he arrived at the scene, which explained why he had her blood on him. What I don't understand, is why would he perform CPR? Wouldn't such a severe injury make it obvious that resuscitation attempts would be useless?

I've been reading the Fb discussions, and there's one thing that doesn't make sense to me. Lindsay's father - and I'm sorry to be graphic because it's so horrible - said that "there was a big hole at the base of [Lindsay's] throat front." Anyway, JZ claimed to have performed CPR on Lindsay when he arrived at the scene, which explained why he had her blood on him. What I don't understand, is why would he perform CPR? Wouldn't such a severe injury make it obvious that resuscitation attempts would be useless?

I wonder for how long he attempted CPR -- he said on Dateline that he felt her skin and he knew she was passed away so maybe he just tried long enough to know it wouldn't work. Or maybe he hoped it would work.

I agree with colette about
Maybe they just wanted to kill someone as a couple. Maybe that was the motive all along. Commit the "perfect" murder and get away with it.

When I read that, I got chills. That's what I thought when I first watched Dateline but couldn't verbalize it. I agree with everything colette said about it, a couple with a weird sex game that went wrong. Or maybe it DIDN'T go wrong -- they just didn't have enough time because her boyfriend was coming.

If you read the info posted on the Facebook group, it has been said I believe by Lindsay's father himself that Lindsay was directly contacted by these people, and the people who contacted her were referred to Lindsay by previous clients. When Lindsay tried to contact those previous clients it stated on their voicemail that they were out of town. Lindsay was murdered before they arrived back in town.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=306153774041&topic=14020

There is a lot of reading at the above link, but there is some info that was not on Dateline posted by Lindsay's Dad Jeff there.

...That is interesting.
If I remember correctly, the father typed over there, that she was asked for by first and last name, when they called at least that first time. Which may indicate, they were unsure of the sound of her voice when they called and if she answered the phone herself the first time, and wanted to make sure it was her?
If someone else answered, it still means perhaps they were not sure what her phone voice, or voice would sound like and wanted to be sure. Either way, if that is the case, it could imply they did not know her well enough, or at all, to recognize her voice when they called her the first time. Because if they could recognize her voice, then Lindsay would have known there voice also, but just speculating on all. And since she was seen shaking hands outside, cou7ld be the case, and neither knew each others voice. ..So perhaps at least 3 are/were involved. And the one/ones that killed her, was someone she had known from somewhere? And that third person, was already inside the house, and was the one that locked the front door, after she and the couple started to walk about the place. After she removed her shoes and left them there in the walkway. Leaving her shoes there, tells me that they started there look around as normal. And someone else locked the door after they were no longer in view. And there that person, went upstairs into the bedroom, where the attack occurred, and the other two went back downstairs to leave, and got to the front door to leave, when they seen the vehicle parked out front. And as he pulled around the side to park, so not to interfere, the two at the front door, went out the back, and the killer/killers upstairs, came down at went out the back also......
But i wonder, about the backdoor being unlocked?
Was that a policy; also? to not only leave the front-door unlock, but to unlock the backdoor in this case also?

She got there before they, so we know she unlocked the front door, and had planned on keeping it unlock, but did she also unlock the back? Before they got there, and after she arrived there in advance?

There was no forced entry.
And if she planned on unlocking both doors during the tour.
Did the killer/killers also know that she would be unlocking and leaving unlock the front and back doors?
Which means they could have been waiting and watching for her to arrive, and then when the couple arrived, and went inside to start the tour, the Killer/Killers went in through the backdoor, and to the front to lock the front door after they were already upstairs?

I am sure there are things we don't know, so if and when any quacks call to say i did it, they will ask certain questions and know they did not do it. But this was a very horrific murder. There had to be blood, upstairs and downstairs.
And all of this occurred in a small period of time. Anyone whom did this had to be covered in blood afterwords, unless they were wearing a plastic suit or a raincoat of some kind, that they could remove and put in something to carry out quickly. had to be footprints and such in blood, and maybe hand prints on the wall or stairs, floor.

After reading they asked for her by name. It makes me believe this was someone whom became really mad at this person.
Maybe not for something she did to them, but something to make this person become very vindictive, and enrage to the point of killing her. I wonder about the places she and her group like to hang out at. What kind of clubs they went to, any kind of more private then public clubs or gatherings. Places where you had to know someone whom knew someone to get you in etc?

There is also that chance, that someone was still inside, when the man jumped the fence and went in through the backdoor to the front door and snuck out after. I wonder, if the man that jumped the fence, remembers if there were no footprints leading to the outside from the backdoor, but later on notice that now there were?

ALL MOO AND SPECULATION

Please people don't let this thread die. Lindsay is worth fighting for to get justice. Yes there is good discussion happenning on the facebook page set up by her dad, but the people on websleuths are very resourceful and have good hearts. I sincerely hope people take to this case and help find Justice for Lindsay.

t=Regardless of all the discussions there appears to be a total lack of motive as to why anyone would want to hurt lindsay. her father though had explained that Lindsay mentioned to him that she had seen something in 2006 she wasn't meant to. In Late 2007 she mentioned this event again to her dad that she had seen something that she wasn't meant to and six weeks later she is dead, murdered, targeted in what was a well thought out pre-planned attack.

This may hold the key.

If she saw something in 2006--was she dating Jason at the time or was that before they met?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back