CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strangeworld

Reaction score
An Australian man and his American girlfriend have died in suspicious circumstances in Canada, sparking fears they may have been murdered.

Lucas Fowler is reported to be the son of senior NSW police officer, Inspector Stephen Fowler. He was found dead alongside his girlfriend, North Carolina woman Chynna Deese, in British Columbia earlier this week sparking fears of foul play.

Chynna’s sister Kennedy Deese wrote they pair were “homicide victims along a remote stretch of highway in Canada while on a road trip.”

An older style blue mini-van the pair was believed to have been travelling was found at the scene.

Canadian police are looking for anyone who saw the vehicle or offered assistance. They’re also appealing for anyone that travelled the stretch of highway around the time of the discovery to come forward, according to a RCMP media release.

3a2787b59f5c65af6f791d5450ed875f

673a3c10aa32ec585e2f11501db9cf48

Australian man found dead in Canada

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Such a sad story. A lovely young couple brutally murdered while out enjoying a trip around the world.

Daily Mail mentions the location is the "Highway of Tears", where a serial killer is suspected of killing many women over the years

American woman and her Australian boyfriend are 'shot dead by a serial killer' in Canada | Daily Mail Online

I can't find which article, but one of the news articles this morning quoted a woman who said they saw their blue van broken down on the highway. She stopped and offered assistance, but they said they had help coming. Hope LE finds out if they called a towing service and questions them. Can't think of any other reason why they would have declined help fixing the van and if they had called a tow truck, it should have been the driver who found them deceased.

Will look again for that link. ETA: Here it is

Australian man found dead in Canada

A woman from Fort Nelson, in British Columbia, claimed she had seen them with the van broken down on Sunday.

“This makes my heart so sad,” Sandra Broughton wrote. “We seen the blue van broke down on our journey home on Sunday and we stopped and asked if they needed help.

“I can’t believe that this young couple are dead now.”

https://www.energeticcity.ca/2019/07/australian-and-american-found-dead-along-alaska-highway/

Snipped...
...“We have lost our dear Lucas Fowler, son, brother, grandson and friend in the most terrible of circumstances. To lose someone so young and vibrant, who was travelling the world and just enjoying life to the full, is devastating.

To know his beautiful girlfriend, Chynna Deese of Charlotte, North Carolina, also lost her life in this violent event is too cruel. All our love and best wishes go to Chynna’s family and friends.

We are all now travelling to Canada to be with our boy and to bring him home.
Our deepest thanks for all your love and care. At this stage, we can only move forward a minute at a time, and those minutes are moving so slowly.

Please share this with all those who may have crossed paths anywhere in the world with these beautiful young people.”

Talking about Deas Lake investigation first.

Seeking assistance in locating the two guys who are missing and had been driving the vehicle. Same info as in news stories. Contact LE and let them know they are ok. Deceased male is neither of the missing men. Haven't identified him yet. 5 8 - 5 10, 50-60 yrs with grey beard and hair. Call tip line.

Composite sketch is the man located near the vehicle. Don't know if there is a connection between this incident and the murders of Lucas & Chynna. No reports about missing teens since they issued alert. Not sure if man is linked to the missing teens. Looking at them only as missing persons. Last seen at general store in Deas Lake. Need assistance in identifying dead man near Deas Lake.

Deese/Fowler case, officer now speaking: Investigation ongoing. Now posting different composite sketch for Fowler murder. Younger man with goatee type black looking beard. Chynna and Lucas were victims of gun violence, their van was owned by Lucas and used by them to explore on their vacation.

Analyzing evidence, CCTV and dashcam video evidence. Help identify man they wish to locate. He was the man who was seen talking with Lucas. Shorter than him.

OLder model Jeep Cherokee, gray with black, etc. Will release video footage shows couple arriving at 7:30 pm. Chief Inspector Fowler is there and will speak later.

Come forward with any info any conversations. Prior to sharing info on social media and regular media, please contact RCMP first. Caution public to be safe. Only camp in established camping areas, establish check in times, stay in contact with family and friends.

Man is not a suspect, but someone they want to speak to. Older model Jeep Cherokee, black stripe on hood, lights bar on top. Doesn't have color of vehicle, will get it to them (?)

There was a man seen speaking to them. Not sure if it was a heated conversation. Don't know if its linked to Deas Lake disappearance. Looking into it. It is unusual to have homicides of this nature. No investigations related to Hwy 16 are related to this one at this time.

Re Deas Lake missing teens, hopeful they are alive.

Intro Chief Inspector Steven Fowler, father of Lucas

We're just distraught. Torn two families apart. Son and beautiful young lady were in love, having the time of their lives. Were overjoyed for Lucas. He'd been discussing trip with Dad. Communicated with them as they were leaving. Hopeful of a positive outcome. Appealing to anyone who has any info to please contact police. Lucas was a funloving guy who had a goal to travel the world. Set out on an adventure with a mate, along the way he met Chynna and they became inseparable. A love story that became tragic. Grateful to commissioner of NSW police, have provided him with support including services of 2 of their detectives to act as liasons between family and RCMP. Family is more than satisfied with the resources RCMP are putting into the case and more than confident in their efforts.

As a police officer you work with families all the time, but nothing prepared him and his family for what they're going through now. Not getting drawn into investigation by RCMP.

The person who was talking to Lucas was described by the Communications Person as vague. She said he might have glasses and he might or might not have a beard. Yet the pic shown, the man has a beard. Very confusing...as I guess the witness had a fleeting glance.

Again, the woman road worker who was interviewed was pretty clear about him having a beard. She didn't mention eyeglasses. JMO, I think the public information officer was a little confused about some stuff during her talk at the PC.

The PC is available to re-play here. I have to take off, hopefully some info can be verified.

deceased-man.jpg

RCMP have released a composite sketch of the man who was found dead two kilometres south of a burnt-out camper truck near Dease Lake, B.C. on July 19, 2019. The man has not been identified. (Don Marce/CBC)

ETA: I believe this is best quality sketch available thus far.

my chevy van year newer gets about 10 miles to the gallon and at current gas prices I just stop at $100. I have no idea of the gallons it will hold. mine had new motor about 5,000 miles ago, depending on the mechanical condition could do slightly better or worse on gas millage.

If they were 440km from the gas station they filled up at then they were pretty close to an empty tank. They must have had some gas cans with them.
There is no evidence of that on the video at the station. Maybe they only needed to fill the tank at that point. Traveling in some fairly remote areas, so it's def a thought.

my chevy van year newer gets about 10 miles to the gallon and at current gas prices I just stop at $100. I have no idea of the gallons it will hold. mine had new motor about 5,000 miles ago, depending on the mechanical condition could do slightly better or worse on gas millage.
Also, just fyi gasoline in Canada is sold by the liter, not the gallon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member