CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be possible that their phone service didn't work if they had plans that didn't cover Canada? Probably unlikely (IDK) and they were experienced travelers so likely knew how to get coverage for anywhere they went.

jmo
The issue is the lack of cell towers, it's too expensive to build them out there, and possibly the government doesn't give permission. I think truckers and the tourist lodges, etc, probably have satellite phones.

"There are long stretches of the Alaska Highway without cell phone service." FAQ: Driving the Alaska Highway | The Milepost

This would mean police likely can't use cell tower data to identify any phones in the area of the murders.

It could be that the teens were left in a similar way but haven't been detected yet by anyone.

jmo

True, but wouldn't they be close to the vehicle and easily detected? I imagine LE has searched that area of burned vehicle. How far could someone carry two bodies and would they bother when the couple was left as-is?

https://nypost.com/2019/07/23/texas...ould-be-linked-to-murder-of-couple-in-canada/

"A suspect wanted for the murder of an elderly Texas man crossed into Canada only weeks before a young couple was found murdered there — and a police official said that “multiple sources” have spoken of a potential link, according to a new report.

Derek Whisenand, 27, crossed into Canada sometime during the week of June 24, 7 News Australia reported."

omg I remember reading about that guy, that would be crazy if it were related and not good for MR JT

I still don't understand why some ancient vehicle would be worth stealing when the person would already have to have a vehicle to get out there.

To hide from someone, at least temporarily.

Probably because this is an unbelievably massive, unpopulated wilderness. They could be just a couple of feet into the woods and not be found.

yes there has to be tens of thousand of miles of roads and the side roads there and hundreds of thousands of acres just along the main road. Lots of it very thick. You could have hundred of searchers and not find anything.

The couple were found next to a van on a sculpted area next to shoulder in a rock lined ditch with no foliage. if the killer had dragged their bodies a few feet into the woods there and taken the van we probably would still not even know they were dead.

Probably because this is an unbelievably massive, unpopulated wilderness. They could be just a couple of feet into the woods and not be found.

Yes, but if crimes are related they'de be as easy to find as the rest. I'm doubting a killer would conceal 2 bodies, but leave 3 out in the open. I'm saying this more if crimes are related. LE must've searched the area surrounding the burned vehicle. JMO.

True, but wouldn't they be close to the vehicle and easily detected? I imagine LE has searched that area of burned vehicle. How far could someone carry two bodies and would they bother when the couple was left as-is?
The two young men are likely, imo, in the location where the perp took their vehicle...not where perp left and burned their vehicle. And who knows where they were when he took it??

Not sure that's what happened, but it seems that way.

jmo

if true, this would be interesting. why would CD's body be in worse shape/have more damage? could that be a clue...the killer was more violent with her than LF? hmm...

Because the effects of bullet wound and trajectories are highly variable even if shot in the same place, say back of head from same gun. A rifle bullet has a LOT of energy. If it say entered back of head it has a small hole, and if it hits heavy jaw or forehead bone on the way out can cause extreme trauma -- but if it goes though cheek on way out almost no trauma (although obviously both fatal due to soft brain tissue damage).

You don't have medical examiner report you have a traumatized witness with no expertise. One victims head could have been turned in such a way that he simply saw more of the exit (typically larger) wound

The two young men are likely, imo, in the location where the perp took their vehicle...not where perp left and burned their vehicle. And who knows where they were when he took it??

Not sure that's what happened, but it seems that way.

jmo

Good point. So much info. Do we know the vehicle was actaully taken to a different location? I missed that.

I can't get over that massive dent in the roof. It's as though the truck has been rolled or had a tree dropped on it.
If I remember correctly, the detail about a closed casket has only been mentioned in relation to Chynna.
That could also just be her family member misinterpreting some piece of information. They hadn't seen her. Could be accurate or not. I don't know how much emphasis can be placed on that at this point unless it's backed by a secondary source.
.Other stations may not have had video..
or they do and it has not been released.

Here is a map to show the travel (roads) distance between the areas. The couple was found 20 km south of Liard Hot Springs and the teens are missing from Dease Lake area.
Google Maps

I believe mostly speculation that these are connected as no evidence has been presented. But LE even has begun to speculate same.

Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member