CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if they are victims, (and as I have noted I don't think the Highway worker "person f interest" citing was accurate) the two men's bodies could have been driven in the truck down the road, then off onto a secondary, then tertiary, then fire road, and dumped 20' of a trail, the truck driven back or to to a third location and burned and it is possible they wont be found for decades or ever. This is Canada, not Spain or New Jersey. It is big and wild. I don't see news coverage of huge sweeps of hundred of searchers.
They are probably checking out circling birds when able.

Last edited:
Finally caught up.

I noticed a few questions unanswered:
- the drive is through mountains, that's often hard on a van's engine
- police are about 4 hours away, Trevor Pierre was likely living closer by, perhaps essential parks and highway people are stationed at Liaird Hot Springs. He says he had to protect the site for hours until police arrived. So police wouldn't have responded to the earlier report of a breakdown.
-There's poor cellphone coverage, it depends on your provider and your location, if mountains block the tower.
- I don't know what it would mean to say the killer was likely 'local', this isn't a place people just go to live. I think if you get a job there at one of the tourist facilities, or on a highway crew, fishing camp, etc, you're supplied with housing as well. But you'd have to be working full time in the summer, this is their busy time. The closest place someone might live is Fort Nelson, or Watson Lake in the Yukon, both very small places.

I agree that the person was likely familiar with the area, possibly it's an area they like to go for recreation: hunting or fishing, but those people live some place else. ETA: the area is all government-owned land, no private property.

Both highways (the 37 and the 97) meet in Upper Liard/Watson Lake, Yukon and can be reached again using Highway 16 between Kitwanga (or slightly south thereof) and Prince George (which many know under the monicker 'Highway of Tears').

I absolutely agree - the idea of someone 'local' is less likely than someone living in one of the highway hubs. It's tempting to consider these highways as almost a "loop" from one place to another.

The Yukon was recently (as of May this year I believe?) struggling with a labour shortage. I can imagine it would be an attractive opportunity for some.

That could also just be her family member misinterpreting some piece of information. They hadn't seen her. Could be accurate or not. I don't know how much emphasis can be placed on that at this point unless it's backed by a secondary source.
SBM

That's possible. But I know from being on the receiving end of the news that a closed casket might be necessary, that it is a very traumatizing detail to be told about your loved one. You don't have to see them for that to stick in your head. I think it would be even more devastating to be told an open casket was not an option, so I believe her brother was being accurate.

In my experience, too, people who handle these things don't just tell you that if there's no reason not to--they usually are trying to spare the family as much as pain as possible and may even try to equivocate to soften the blow ("we'll see what we can do"), so telling them upfront with no debate that a closed casket is the only option seems quite significant to me.

Also, the guy who found them talking about LF's wounds and not hers reinforces to me that she sustained some pretty bad damage. :(

Yes, but if crimes are related they'de be as easy to find as the rest. I'm doubting a killer would conceal 2 bodies, but leave 3 out in the open. I'm saying this more if crimes are related. LE must've searched the area surrounding the burned vehicle. JMO.
And he would want to get out of there asap rather than take the time to drive off road to hide them. JMO

Because the effects of bullet wound and trajectories are highly variable even if shot in the same place, say back of head from same gun. A rifle bullet has a LOT of energy. If it say entered back of head it has a small hole, and if it hits heavy jaw or forehead bone on the way out can cause extreme trauma -- but if it goes though cheek on way out almost no trauma (although obviously both fatal due to soft brain tissue damage).

You don't have medical examiner report you have a traumatized witness with no expertise. One victims head could have been turned in such a way that he simply saw more of the exit (typically larger) wound

this is what i'm wondering...if there would be any significance to it in terms of the motive, or if it just so happened that her injuries were worse for whatever physical/biological reason, etc.

But also worth noting, she maybe didn't actually have worse injuries than LF after all. Various MSM sources seem to report that they both had horrific damage.

"It took police three days to identify the couple, reportedly due to the horrific nature of their injuries" Killer ‘still on the loose’ with headstart

Info from presser for those that can't watch.

Requesting public assistance in locating "suspects." Confirming new information in locating KM and BS they have left BC and have been spotted in another province in a different vehicle and are considered suspects in the death of LF and CD.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/23/texas...ould-be-linked-to-murder-of-couple-in-canada/

"A suspect wanted for the murder of an elderly Texas man crossed into Canada only weeks before a young couple was found murdered there — and a police official said that “multiple sources” have spoken of a potential link, according to a new report.

Derek Whisenand, 27, crossed into Canada sometime during the week of June 24, 7 News Australia reported."

I wonder why he was in Texas and ended up supposedly, I think, beating an elderly man to death. The man died of head trauma I think. BBM

Was the man a relative of his? Did it trigger a wild, desperate escape and killing spree?

https://nypost.com/2019/07/23/texas...ould-be-linked-to-murder-of-couple-in-canada/

Good grief, you’re all very chatty today! It’s taken ages to catch up after being away all day.

Now I’m confused about a second POI - first Whisenand, then now Brandon Texiera? Where did the second man come from? I’ll do my own checking but halp!

@Tarika, no, go to upper BC on your holiday! You can be our “woman on the ground” if things are still unsolved by then. :)
Funny!

maybe missing boys had the camper off and truck was stolen and boys are in isolated area with camper but no way to let anyone know

edit to say posted before the new news

Info from presser for those that can't watch.

Requesting public assistance in locating "suspects." Confirming new information in locating KM and BS they have left BC and have been spotted in another province in a different vehicle and are considered suspects in the death of LF and CD.
Wow that's crazy! There goes my theory about their disappearance.

Hope this means they will be caught soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15