CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the facts are out on these kids, IMO it’s possible they’ll be kill-crazy psychos, and / or it’s possible they’ll have been motivated by more common situational factors. Who knows? What’s the point of arguing about it now? Don’t let the tension of waiting for their capture get to your heads MOO
Wise words.

Also, I checked the ignore function of the board, and it works.:)

Scrolling and rolling, baby.

jmo

There’s something quite odd about this. It makes it sound like neither of them has a gun license. It is highly unlikely that these guys would have acquired a gun or guns illegally, and you need to show your license to purchase ammunition. Gun control in Canada is really strict.
Gun ownership where they are is extremely common and an 18 year old can buy a semi auto rifle (for example of the type Breivik used to kill 69 people) where they are with no stated reason. In fact it is not even restricted list. Essentially if you don't have a serious adult criminal record you can get a gun easily in Canada.

It is legal under lots of cases for a minor to borrow a rifle and go out with it unsupervised. They are not minors though. Even easier for an adult household member

Interesting link with interactive times of events. Scroll to middle of article.
Teens thought missing now suspects in northern B.C. double murder, unidentified body

Sorry for this late reply. I am trying to catch up.

So There is another vehicle found burned. That LE won't say was found where or name the make, model, and color? Could it be the Jeep with the black stripe and lights on top?

Just ignore my post if this was already discussed and resolved.

Back to catching up.

We know a couple of things seem important to them on the run: gas and alcohol.
... What about gas stations? Just curious the terrain- could they be hunkered down somewhere? They bought only $20 worth of gas last time which possibly indicates that they don’t have much money because I assume IMO they would’ve filled up the car completely? ...
(respectfully sbm for focus)

I agree that buying $20 worth of gas is very odd. What reasons could there be? Did they go into the store with $20 looking for booze, and when none was available decided to buy gas?

Or were they scoping out the place for something to buy or steal for lunch, or were they perhaps looking for another vehicle?

Were they planning to burn the vehicle soon and didn't want to waste money on more fuel than they needed?

Somehow, I think that there is meaning behind buying $20 worth of gas, but I just can't figure it out. One thing for sure, they should have spent a couple of bucks and bought a road map!

Anything more seen on this??

Yes, I too am waiting to see if this is confirmed information or simply rumour and speculation.
We did hear about about burned vehicle around Gilam but no confirmation on type of vehicle, could not even be related to this crime? I prefer to work off facts not rumour and speculation.

the burnt truck looks to be off the road and in the trees, also looks like was a intense fire that destroyed it. why would the forest not catch fire with the truck? I am not doubting anything about the truck just wondering why.

Good question. The truck was next to a bridge, and in the photos it looks like it is partially down a slope. Maybe it rained? Maybe the soil was water saturated?

My impression is that they wanted to hide the truck and destroy all forensic evidence.

(respectfully sbm for focus)

I agree that buying $20 worth of gas is very odd. What reasons could there be? Did they go into the store with $20 looking for booze, and when none was available decided to buy gas?

Or were they scoping out the place for something to buy or steal for lunch, or were they perhaps looking for another vehicle?

Were they planning to burn the vehicle soon and didn't want to waste money on more fuel than they needed?

Somehow, I think that there is meaning behind buying $20 worth of gas, but I just can't figure it out. One thing for sure, they should have spent a couple of bucks and bought a road map!
I think they don't have much cash and are buying small amounts of gas in the hopes of ditching one vehicle for another without wasting money on gas they won't use.

They must be hungry, imo.

jmo

There are surely a fair number of print and broadcast journalists in Port Alberni trying to find people who will talk.

Barring that, next reliable info is an RCMP statement. I would think that they’ll say something today.

Non-nefarious possible reasons:
- They take cash only, and they had a $20 on them.
- They give a cash discount, and they had a $20 on them.
- Gas was expensive here and $20 would be enough to get them to somewhere with cheaper gas.
- They wanted to do a fill-up before a more isolated section of road and only needed a partial tank.

I think they don't have much cash and are buying small amounts of gas in the hopes of ditching one vehicle for another without wasting money on gas they won't use.
They must be hungry, imo.

Agree 100%. It is possible they could have gotten a few hundred bucks cash from their victims or even (less likely) used a stolen debit card. Lots of people have been killed for less money. The older guy may have carried some cash out of habit.

But I bet they don't have much cash and only think they have some survival skills. It is actually pretty difficult to survive attempting to kill game unless you are an expert.

They are either going to run out of steam and make a mistake, or rob and possible kill someone else. The abandoned car, if it is the rav4, means either someone else is dead or they are no longer in a car.

I've driven up though BC to Alaska a couple of times, but they are in the center north now. this is difficult place for cops to find someone in the wilderness, but I imagine they can't make it in the real wilderness and will try and find a populated area.

In your opinion, this crime doesn't have the vibe of school shootings. I think it does, in my opinion.

We'll know more later, of course.

jmyopinion

The intention of school shooters is to inflict the maximum amount of damage. That does not appear to be the intention, at this point, of these two as they have come into contact with numerous individuals without resorting to violence over the last few days. This supports Ran's theory that the murders occurred in the commission of robbery. Let's pray it doesn't morph into indiscriminate violence.

The intention of school shooters is to inflict the maximum amount of damage. That does not appear to be the intention, at this point, of these two as they have come into contact with numerous individuals without resorting to violence over the last few days. This supports Ran's theory that the murders occurred in the commission of robbery. Let's pray it doesn't morph into indiscriminate violence.
I agree. I think school shooters do want to inflict maximum damage, but I think the main motivation is expressing rage, frustration, being left out, etc. I get that frustrated, left out feeling from these two as well, even if other WSers don't.

Also, these two perps have an entire nation nervous - I would call that maximum damage.

I don't think these are two guys robbing - I think they are on a spree with weird vibe beyond "regular" crimes.

Time and new developments might change my opinion, but that's the vibe I get for now.

jmopinion at the moment

I wonder if they stole cash and bank/credit cards from the victims and used them at some point (how LE connected them to victims) and are now are unable to use the cards and are running out of cash. Those crime scenes are a good distance apart and it looks like they back tracked and then headed back towards the first crime scene to leave the province.

Also noticed that their van is almost off the paved surface, and their bodies are not that far away.

So LE moved the van for the released photos. The left door may have been opened by someone curious, before Pierre came to secure the scene.

I don't know about that. Some of the the evidence flags (most likely for the reported six or seven spent casings) are right there in the photos beneath the back door of the van, so I tend to think that is where LE found it initially.
Bodies apparently were in that rock lined drainage ditch separated by a few meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley216