CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's crucial to ID the UID man found near the burning truck, as it seeks possible that the is now driving that mans vehicle.

I wonder if the burned truck was captured on video in the area of the hot springs?

LE has their hands full, as I believe these cases are linked and there is massive geographical territory to cover here.

I hope they have established a strategy for road checks and call for more video. They won't have enough LE to go through the footage. Ugh.

I'm extremely concerned about further crimes.

Hugging at the petrol/gas station....

For the first time, Canadian authorities are going public with leads in their hunt for a killer who murdered Australian man Lucas Fowler and his American girlfriend, Chynna Deese.
CCTV footage from a service station in Fort Nelson, British Columbia shows the young couple pulling in at 7.30pm on July 13.
CCTV and sketch released as Canada double murder investigation continues

Pierre said he checked the couple for a pulse, but that they were already cold and unnaturally pale. Fowler had a small wound, he said, but he couldn’t tell what had caused it.

Both bodies were laying north, with their heads facing west, he said.

According to Pierre, no one was inside the van. The vehicle’s two passenger-side side doors were open, he said, and the van’s back window had been smashed outward, with glass strewn outside the vehicle.

Here’s what we know about the 3 dead, 2 missing in Northern B.C.

Both bodies were laying north, with their heads facing west, he said.

There’s something that I have been holding off on saying ever since I found out that their bodies were in the same position. The uniformity of that makes me think that the shooting was point blank and execution style. Posting those latter two words together about this case really turns a screw in my stomach... that’s why I didn’t for so long, even though I was thinking it. But uniformity in their positions was apparently a striking detail.

They bought gas at Ft Nelson about 7:47 pm on Saturday July 13.

It's still very light at that time so they might have just gone a few miles out of town - maybe a local campsite.

We don't know when the car trouble started. That would be a good thing to know.

I think it's only about 4 hours from the gas station to where they were found murdered. So, we have to account for about 30 hours between the gas station photos and the discovery of their bodies. And we know they were at that location at about 16:30 on Sunday July 14. So actually there are about 20.5 hours that need to be accounted for

My guess is that they would have taken off and not lingered in Ft. Nelson. Yet, if you had major trouble ( I got the impression it was a head gasket issue) you would want to backtrack to Ft Nelson to get it checked out, rather than depend on somewhere much smaller farther on. And a head gasket is not a minor issue. They certainly had time to return to Ft. Nelson to get it fixed.

Are there interesting sites along the way where they would stop? Need to pull out my Lonely Planet Canada guidebook.
As posted previously (I think by @Satchie ) here is a km by km description of AlCan Hwy (97) from Fort Nelson to Watson Lake, which includes Liard Hot Springs. There are several lodges, campgrounds and parking areas. Depending on how far they traveled after leaving the gas station in Fort Nelson, they might have stopped at any of these for the night (Saturday night).

Alaska Highway - mile by mile description from Fort Nelson

There’s something that I have been holding off on saying ever since I found out that their bodies were in the same position. The uniformity of that makes me think that the shooting was point blank and execution style. Posting those latter two words together about this case really turns a screw in my stomach... that’s why I didn’t for so long, even though I was thinking it. But uniformity in their positions was apparently a striking detail.
Link previously provided...
Pierre said he checked the couple for a pulse, but that they were already cold and unnaturally pale. Fowler had a small wound, he said, but he couldn’t tell what had caused it. Once again, it is odd that Chynna’s condition was not described by Pierre.

However, a link was posted in the first thread that quoted Chynna’s brother indicating that “The injuries inflicted were so “brutal”, Ms Deese’s heartbroken brother said the family was told an open casket would not be allowed at her funeral.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...-centre-of-2-northern-b-c-mysteries-1.5221041

Last edited:
I think it's crucial to ID the UID man found near the burning truck, as it seeks possible that the *** is now driving that mans vehicle.

I wonder if the burned truck was captured on video in the area of the hot springs?

LE has their hands full, as I believe these cases are linked and there is massive geographical territory to cover here.

I hope they have established a strategy for road checks and call for more video. They won't have enough LE to go through the footage. Ugh.

I'm extremely concerned about further crimes.
I'm actually surprised the phones didn't light up with people recognizing the sketch of the deceased man. It was a good sketch, made from a real source (I'm assuming photo of the dead man) so it's accurate. I would think someone would recognize someone they knew from that sketch. Maybe he's not from the area?? Targeted because he had a license plate from elsewhere??

Total speculation, thinking aloud.

jmo

for people wanting to see the road and the van here is the video of someone driving past the scene
http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1574840899789/

Well that makes it very clear that they were well off the road, which makes all of the conjecture about road rage moot moot, which we spent at least half a thread debating. I suppose it’s still possible someone could have felt road rage for some other reason, as these people are not exactly logical. But at least we can put to bed all the victim-blaming for not getting the van off the road.

So now, motive for this insanity?

chynna-deese-lucas-fowler.jpg

Chynna Deese, 24, of North Carolina, and her boyfriend, Lucas Fowler, of Australia were murdered in British Columbia, Canada last Sunday or Monday.

Teens now missing in Canada days after Australian man, North Carolina woman killed along remote highway

190722203547-dease-lake-investigation-sketch-exlarge-169.jpg

While investigating the fire in the Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky case, police discovered the body of a man more than a mile away. Authorities released a composite sketch of the man to assist in confirming his identity.

He was described as a Caucasian with a heavy build, 50-60 years old with gray hair and a bushy beard, between 5 feet, 8 inches and 5 feet, 10 inches tall.

Canada highway: A slain couple, a mystery corpse and two missing teens stoke fears - CNN

RSBM

Pierre had actually seen Fowler and Deese when they were still alive, stopped on the side of the highway around 8 p.m. on Sunday, July 14. bbm

This explains how he could know she had been beautiful even though a closed casket would be required. He actually saw her prior to the attack.

nah, i am 6"2 and my buddy is 6"4 and its quite noticeable

so the difference between 6"0 and 6"4 would be easy to spot and would tie in with what police said during press conference

Agreed.

Could it be that the perpetrator(s), being on the run... stole the boys' vehicle and went as far as they could with it, burned it to destroy evidence, and are now in the vehicle they stole from the unidentified deceased man?

And of an obvious scenario, sorry if it's been posted already... I'm still following with very limited connectivity.

Edit: Reason I've posted it in this thread, is that I mean it would be the initial shooting that the perpetrator would be on the run from.

As posted previously (I think by @Satchie ) here is a km by km description of AlCan Hwy (97) from Fort Nelson to Watson Lake, which includes Liard Hot Springs. There are several lodges, campgrounds and parking areas. Depending on how far they traveled after leaving the gas station in Fort Nelson, they might have stopped at any of these for the night (Saturday night).

Alaska Highway - mile by mile description from Fort Nelson

Thanks, this is helpful. It seems you really have to plan well when traveling up there. Know how much gas you'll need and when to stop, have enough food and water, etc. There are many miles between stops, it certainly explains why Google maps shows so many people traveling in campers and RV's. It's not like in the Lower 48 where there are multiple gas stations, hotels and restaurants at every highway exit.

I'm guessing the killer is from the area or at least knows it pretty well. There are a lot of places for him to hide, but not necessarily a lot for him to get fuel and food. With the composite sketch out now, he will be recognized in most places he stops. If he's driving the same vehicle seen at the murder scene where he killed Lucas & Chynna, it will be easily recognizable.

So has he headed to a more remote area, like the Yukon or to a more populated area where he can get lost in the crowd? If he heads to AK, do all the roads have inspection stations at the border?

Could it be that the perpetrator(s), being on the run... stole the boys' vehicle and went as far as they could with it, burned it to destroy evidence, and are now in the vehicle they stole from the unidentified deceased man?

And of an obvious scenario, sorry if it's been posted already... I'm still following with very limited connectivity.

Edit: Reason I've posted it in this thread, is that I mean it would be the initial shooting that the perpetrator would be on the run from.

Yes, if the murders are linked, he's possibly had a good head start with a different vehicle. He was smart enough to remove all ID from the victims to prevent LE from tracking him.

Article from a Miami, FL news station that has some background on Chynna

B.C. police searching for 2 missing, investigating murders

Thanks, this is helpful. It seems you really have to plan well when traveling up there. Know how much gas you'll need and when to stop, have enough food and water, etc. There are many miles between stops, it certainly explains why Google maps shows so many people traveling in campers and RV's. It's not like in the Lower 48 where there are multiple gas stations, hotels and restaurants at every highway exit.

I'm guessing the killer is from the area or at least knows it pretty well. There are a lot of places for him to hide, but not necessarily a lot for him to get fuel and food. With the composite sketch out now, he will be recognized in most places he stops. If he's driving the same vehicle seen at the murder scene where he killed Lucas & Chynna, it will be easily recognizable.

So has he headed to a more remote area, like the Yukon or to a more populated area where he can get lost in the crowd? If he heads to AK, do all the roads have inspection stations at the border?
He is probably eating breakfast in Vancouver or Calgary by now.....moo

Sorry to jump in w/o full info but I have to ask — is there a known connection between the murdered van couple and either of the other 2 incidents? Or just a suspected connection because they’re all in the same area? If the latter, how big is that area?

It seems like LE has way more info on this than is being reported - EG a small wound possibly from a gun vs. closed casket required ..... this odd discrepancy implies IMO lots of info being withheld. And lots of withheld info IMO implies very good chance of an arrest very soon ..... fingers crossed.

Could it be that the perpetrator(s), being on the run... stole the boys' vehicle and went as far as they could with it, burned it to destroy evidence,
yeah this is the theory i proposed in thread #1, seems you have reached a similar conclusion
we don't know for sure but it sounds good in theory, could not be right though

Reading all the updates with great interest and yet a feeling of dread for the two missing lads and the families of LF and CD.
Wondering though if anyone has done any sort of online search for the Jeep to see one similar has been reported stolen? Does BC have a stolen vehicle register on a facebook page or the like? Where I am, in Australia, there are brilliant Facebook pages for stolen vehicles where owners paste pictures and reports asking others to be on the lookout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member