CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mistake on my last post, it seems the window was smashed OUTWARD so broken from inside the van. Strange. Was there a struggle in the van then (hoping not a sexual assault)? Then the couple ordered out the side passenger doors onto roadside? Were they killed inside the van then dragged out or on the roadside? Very strange LE can't tell where they killed, especially with gunshots.

"The vehicle’s two passenger-side side doors were open, he said, and the van’s back window had been smashed outward, with glass strewn outside the vehicle."

"But it remains unclear whether they were killed inside or outside of the van."

‘Still troubled by it’: Witness recounts securing the scene of northern B.C. double murder

I think they were found in the ditch, my question is the ditch the grassy area along side the van or is the ditch the rocky area just behind the van that seems to go up, not beside. I seen the rocky area in the video where someone was driving by.

I have the same question. The crime scene tape includes the rocky drainage ditch but I picture their bodies more likely lying along the roadside in the grassy area.

IMO the window was safety glass. Shattering it is one thing but punching a hole in it like that shown in the crime scene drive-by video is something else entirely. I’d expect a hand gun or rifle to leave a relatively small hole compared to what is shown. A shot gun could cause that damage but would also likely have damaged the wind shield. (If the shooter was outside.)

Suppose the hole was caused by an armed thief putting a large rock from the drainage ditch through the window to gain access, not realizing the couple was asleep or lying down inside?

Perhaps this was the start of the altercation that the road crew supervisor witnessed? I’d love to know if she noticed the window broken or the back door being open. And I realize there is a report of glass on the ground outside the van. But I don’t think that necessarily means the damage occurred from the inside. The witness did not see how much glass, if any, was inside the van.

All of the above is MOO.

EBM: typo

Last edited:
It is a scene that roads worker Trevor Pierre still can’t get out of his mind: two young tourists found by the side of a northern B.C. highway, lives tragically cut short.

Pierre was one of the first people on scene after Australian citizen Lucas Fowler, 23, and his girlfriend Chynna Deese, 24, a resident of Charlotte, N.C., were found dead near their van on the side of the Alaska Highway, about 20 kilometres south of Liard Hot Springs, last Monday.

Pierre had actually seen Fowler and Deese when they were still alive, stopped on the side of the highway around 8 p.m. on Sunday, July 14. bbm

Around 6: 45 a.m. the following morning Pierre’s boss called him with the grim news: a young couple had been found dead. Pierre, a medic, was asked to attend the scene and secure it until police arrived.

[...]

Pierre said he stayed on scene for three-and-a-half hours, waving traffic by and making sure no one stopped at the site before RCMP arrived.

According to Pierre, his boss may have been one of the last people to see Fowler and Deese alive.

Pierre said when he got the call to secure the scene, his boss told him she had seen a third man speaking to the couple around 11:30 p.m. on July 14. bbm

Pierre’s boss wasn’t the only person to see the couple in the hours before their deaths.

Curtis and Sandra B told Global News they chatted with Fowler and Deese about their broken-down van, and the couple said they had the mechanical problem under control and were having a picnic as they waited for the van’s engine to unflood.

‘Still troubled by it’: Witness recounts securing the scene of northern B.C. double murder

If it is presumed that Whisenand could be connected to this case somehow, this individual's known behaviour certainly fits the characteristics of engaging in a spate of spree killing.

IMO

And even if he's not... any chance he thought he had of keeping a low profile is out the window. I'm on the other side of the world, had never heard of him before, and even I know exactly what he looks like now and would recognise him anywhere.

It's getting complicated. I went searching for more on the new developments looking for the new pics of this guy Derek Whisenand, his tattoo and his dog. Apparently, he allegedly is suspected of murdering someone in Eastland County, Texas. He might be the man the couple was seen having a heated discussion with along the side of the road before they were found murdered.

Looking at pics of this happy young couple, omg, I see the beautiful love they had for each other. There's a video of them kissing at the gas station. It's impossible to not feel incredibly sad over their deaths.

Now, there's two teens missing, and a man found dead near a pickup truck. Was it the teen's truck? It really is complicated. I haven't been able to get more story on the Texas murder.

Texan murder suspect 'crosses the border' just weeks before Australian tourist Lucas Fowler killed | Daily Mail Online

TIMELINE / CONFIRMED SIGHTINGS OF LF & CD:

Sat 13 July at 19:37 (about 7:37pm) couple & van seen on surveillance at petrol station, Fort Nelson;

Pink Mountain Campsite Hwy 97, seen by M. McKinley time tbd;

Sun 14 July around 4 pm Hwy 97 near Liard Hot Springs, seen by Curtis & Sandra B after stopping to offer mechanical assistance;

Hwy 97 about 8 pm by T. Pierre - road crew;

Hwy 97 about 11:30 pm by road supervisor, couple talking to bearded man;

Monday 15 July Hwy 97 about 6:45 am by T. Pierre - bodies located outside of van, deceased.

Last edited:
With an individual(s) who are willing and capable of killing actively roaming those roads, being in the one spot in an isolated location for an extended period of time seems to have tragically been a recipe for peril in this instance. Minimal options of routes to choose from over such distances of thoroughfares massively increases the odds of anyone sharing the road with more nefarious individuals at any given time.

Any other time, probably quite safe, but all it takes is to draw the unwanted attention of that one wrong person travelling by.

so if anyone is interested, i used the tickr program to setup a desktop ticker from lexi diash so any new information will come across the ticker on top of my screen
you can do this as well instead of constantly checking back for new information if you want

With all the talk about Derek Whisenand this guy could also be a POI?

cheeky media, i was searching that guy before the press conference and nobody had the connection to this case but this forum, so we are being monitored which is fine if it helps solve a case that is what WS is all about

4725AA4D-2503-4093-9F27-FA0200041CF7.jpeg 6F3735D7-8F1E-4485-981A-BB6103205D39.jpeg

Similarity here between POI and Derek Whisenand the suspected Texas killer. I think if he is on the run, he might not be as clean shaven as his more recent pic released by the RCs.

He’s described as 6’0″, 230 lbs, with brown eyes and brown hair. He was last seen with a black goatee, and may be travelling with a large dog, possibly a German shepherd/boxer or pit bull mix.

Last edited:
A couple questions:

-Has anything been said about their cell phones?

-Has the raw video (from yesterday?) been linked that shows the van with forensic markers on the side of the road, in the precise location the van was recovered? (not LE tow yard)

It is a scene that roads worker Trevor Pierre still can’t get out of his mind: two young tourists found by the side of a northern B.C. highway, lives tragically cut short.

Pierre was one of the first people on scene after Australian citizen Lucas Fowler, 23, and his girlfriend Chynna Deese, 24, a resident of Charlotte, N.C., were found dead near their van on the side of the Alaska Highway, about 20 kilometres south of Liard Hot Springs, last Monday.

Pierre had actually seen Fowler and Deese when they were still alive, stopped on the side of the highway around 8 p.m. on Sunday, July 14. bbm

Around 6: 45 a.m. the following morning Pierre’s boss called him with the grim news: a young couple had been found dead. Pierre, a medic, was asked to attend the scene and secure it until police arrived.

[...]

Pierre said he stayed on scene for three-and-a-half hours, waving traffic by and making sure no one stopped at the site before RCMP arrived.

According to Pierre, his boss may have been one of the last people to see Fowler and Deese alive.

Pierre said when he got the call to secure the scene, his boss told him she had seen a third man speaking to the couple around 11:30 p.m. on July 14. bbm

Pierre’s boss wasn’t the only person to see the couple in the hours before their deaths.

Curtis and Sandra B told Global News they chatted with Fowler and Deese about their broken-down van, and the couple said they had the mechanical problem under control and were having a picnic as they waited for the van’s engine to unflood.

Wow, thanks for these witness times.

This is a haunting case, to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members