CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Australian & g/f Chynna Deese, American, murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Born and raised on Highway 97, a British Columbian would never think of an Albertan as a tourist :)

Thanks @rmoeller for that background information! My comment was tainted by my own experience here, where it’s always the interstate-registered cars getting confused by Melbourne’s interesting road rules (ie regarding trams in the CBD).

No Known Connections between Incidents

July 14-15 : double murder, vehicle with bodies; shot, 20km S Liard Hot Springs
July 17 : Surrey men last seen, vehicle at Logan Lake July 22, 2 men missing
July 19 : 18 and 19 year old men missing, vehicle found burning
July 19 : unidentified man found 2 km S of burning vehicle

The Surrey men's vehicle was 1,400 kilometres south. I guess it's possible that it's related, but it's nowhere near the other incidents.
She said he might have glasses and he might or might not have a beard. Yet the pic shown, the man has a beard. Very confusing.
He might shave it off. If people are too focused on the beard, they won't recognize him without one.

The only jeep discussed at presser was that driven by bearded man that was seen talking to LF. This man has not been identified.
That is correct..... The recently missing Surrey BC men's 2019 white Jeep was found a long distance from their home. LE did not talk about that new case at this PC... BC LE are a busy crew right now.... Who knows how all these recent cases connect, if at all ?....... It sure is interesting though......moo

Cpl. Janelle Shoihet said the man pictured in a composite sketch, released Monday, was last seen speaking to Fowler on the evening of July 14 along Highway 97. The man is described as white with darker skin and dark hair. Shoihet said the man stood shorter than Fowler, who was six feet three inches, and may have had a beard or glasses.

He doesn’t look Caucasian in the pic jmo

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...ead-british-columbia-alaska-highway-1.5220377
I think police use very broad categories of race: white or caucasian means someone with European ethnic origins. With that nose shape and beard, he couldn't possibly be Asian (far east), Aboriginal/Hispanic (North America), or Black (Africa).

No Known Connections between Incidents

July 14-15 : double murder, vehicle with bodies; shot, 20km S Liard Hot Springs
July 17 : Surrey men last seen, vehicle at Logan Lake July 22, 2 men missing
July 19 : 18 and 19 year old men missing, vehicle found burning
July 19 : unidentified man found 2 km S of burning vehicle
Jmo but there must be some connection between some of these incidents.

The only jeep discussed at presser was that driven by bearded man that was seen talking to LF. This man has not been identified.

Correct, they didn't discuss the missing men from Surrey. Not part of these two investigations. The Jeep Cherokee seen at the murder scene was described as an "older model" Jeep. The timeline also doesn't fit.

The Surrey men's vehicle was 1,400 kilometres south. I guess it's possible that it's related, but it's nowhere near the other incidents.

He might shave it off. If people are too focused on the beard, they won't recognize him without one.
He might shave, but anyone who already knows him might be able to identify him from the sketch. Hope so.

jmo

I think police use very broad categories of race: white or caucasian means someone with European ethnic origins. With that nose shape and beard, he couldn't possibly be Asian (far east), Aboriginal/Hispanic (North America), or Black (Africa).

Could be metis or aboriginal. He is described as having darker skin.

upload_2019-7-22_16-21-10.png

That is correct..... The recently missing Surrey BC men's 2019 white Jeep was found a long distance from their home. LE did not talk about that new case at this PC... BC LE are a busy crew right now.... Who knows how all these recent cases connect, if at all ?....... It sure is interesting though......moo

So missing Surrey BC men are in addition to missing McLeod and Schmegelsky --driving the truck/camper found burned, and that were allegedly headed to Whitehorse seeking employment?

So missing Surrey BC men are in addition to missing McLeod and Schmegelsky --driving the truck/camper found burned, and that were allegedly headed to Whitehorse seeking employment?

Yes. If it was one suspect, he was heading South from Liard Hot Springs on July 14, in Surrey on July 17, at Logan Lake at some point (vehicle located July 22), then in Dease Lake on July 19.

That doesn't seem right. I think the Surrey men are unrelated.

Cpl. Janelle Shoihet said the man pictured in a composite sketch, released Monday, was last seen speaking to Fowler on the evening of July 14 along Highway 97. The man is described as white with darker skin and dark hair. Shoihet said the man stood shorter than Fowler, who was six feet three inches, and may have had a beard or glasses.

He doesn’t look Caucasian in the pic jmo

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...ead-british-columbia-alaska-highway-1.5220377

The only composite sketch I'm seeing at that link is the one of the deceased man near Dease Lake. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member