Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has already been talked about a lot, but I keep thinking the whole thing with his father is so strange and I’m willing to bet he knows more about what they were up to then he’s saying. Also, in some interviews it shows him saying how he’s sorry he couldn’t rescue him. So that’s always made me wonder if B tried to contact him somehow when they first got into trouble with the truvk, etc. And he didn’t do anything, now feels guilt for that on top of everything else. But if there was no cell phone service in that area, I guess that wouldn’t make sense. Do any of those gas stations up there still have payphones?

I am assuming this is in relation to LD?

486.5 (1) Unless an order is made under section 486.4, on application of the prosecutor in respect of a victim or a witness, or on application of a victim or a witness, a judge or justice may make an order directing that any information that could identify the victim or witness shall not be published in any document or broadcast or transmitted in any way if the judge or justice is of the opinion that the order is in the interest of the proper administration of justice.

ARCHIVED - Criminal Code

I believe it’s more like part of the warrant is the ability/intent to be able to obtain DNA. Gitana1 might be able to offer more insight but I’m not sure how to tag people.

They could probably survive for now, while it's summer time. But if they're out in the northern MB woods when winter comes, they have almost no chance unless they can find some good shelter, start fires... winter is brutal in most parts of Canada even in the city. Winter in the remote north is impossible to survive without the right equipment and resources, proper clothing and a heat source...

My father did this fundraising expedition in the winter close to Gillam many years ago.. was for a good cause. Anyway.. .. the Canadian military funded their project in the end. Provided them with what they needed (tents, sleeping blankets, protection).. Watched over them etc.

He has never camped again to this day. Said that was the worst experience of his life.

Last edited:
I must be a dummy. The only latest statement I've been able to find just say there are "no confirmed sightings"

let's see if this will work

jess fedigan on Twitter

I can't copy & paste or screenshot but this media person published her email from the OPP (at link) stating that they have followed up on several suspicious vehicles, including the one earlier in Kapuskasing, none of which lead them to believe the suspects have made their way into Ontario.

Last edited:
This whole thing has me confused! The stranger in road, and Mr Dyck just don’t fit in. I wonder if police have done an investigation into Mr Dycks personality, lifestyle etc.

This has already been talked about a lot, but I keep thinking the whole thing with his father is so strange and I’m willing to bet he knows more about what they were up to then he’s saying. Also, in some interviews it shows him saying how he’s sorry he couldn’t rescue him. So that’s always made me wonder if B tried to contact him somehow when they first got into trouble with the truvk, etc.

I've thought about this too -- just seems to me like he knows something about their plans. What's weird is that on the one hand, he seems so sorry about all the trouble his son is in, and on the other hand, it almost seems as if he's cheering him on to avenge his rotten lot in life.

Do people driving up the Alaska Highway still carry jerry cans of fuel with them? Just wondering.
I personally don’t but I know where to get fuel and the hours they are open. And I only head up the highway with a full tank of gas. I would say most people would have jerry cans with them for emergencies. And I know you can easily find them if you want to steal. Also some/most of the people the run the gas stations live there also so if you were in need of a little fuel after hours I would think they would have no problem helping you with a jerry can to get you to a safe spot or what not. Obviously not a guarantee but honestly everyone is so friendly and helpful. They would never leave someone stranded.

I've thought about this too -- just seems to me like he knows something about their plans. What's weird is that on the one hand, he seems so sorry about all the trouble his son is in, and on the other hand, it almost seems as if he's cheering him on to avenge his rotten lot in life.
I think the father has major mental health issues, and substance abuse. His reactions aren’t reliable, well maybe in one way, but I agree. I think Daddy had contact with him at one point.

I think the father has major mental health issues, and substance abuse. His reactions aren’t reliable, well maybe in one way, but I agree. I think Daddy had contact with him at one point.
Yeah I've said this before and am sincerely not trying to be annoying in repeating it, but the father obviously has a lot of self-admitted issues, and I think he's vulnerable to the media while also being appealing to them since he has no filter. I think he lacks a support network of people who can or will convince him to go quiet like the McLeods did, but that would really be in his best interest right now. He reminds me of some people I have met who are clearly not well and not in a good place in their lives. The difference is he has been given an international platform to talk from. MOO

Last edited:
If they’re dead I agree, it’s too soon to have been caused indirectly by the elements.

But I still wonder if they attempted to swim cross the Nelson River, trying to work their way back south and totally underestimated the ferocity of the river’s undertow and current. Northern rivers often appear deceptively calm on the surface. Nothing in their prior life’s experience on Vancouver Island could possibly prepare them for their new reality and it’s risks and dangers IMO.

cold water = death, IMO. these guys are young but thin; they would not float worth an [expletive deleted].

Beautiful confident people, you should be the ones traveling the countryside right now, not them, imo.
RCMP admits it has no idea where B.C. fugitives are, as tips come in from as far away as northern Ontario
victims-1.png

Murder victims: Chynna Deese, 24, and Lucas Fowler, 23; and Leonard Dyck, 64. RCMP
"It seems unlikely, but when you don’t know where someone is, it’s hard to say for certain where they aren’t.

“To be clear, we are not ending this search,” MacLatchy said, adding that RCMP officers will remain in the Gillam area to continue the search, despite there being no recent signs of the fugitives."

“I can’t say it is terribly surprising because it’s just a very tough place to find somebody who doesn’t want to be found,” she said."

“We would really like to find these suspects. We would love to be able to contribute to getting justice for the families of the murder victims.”

As far as I can tell from the supplied photo, their truck was an '89 to '93 first generation Dodge Ram 250 diesel 4x4.

Bottom line: Their truck was diesel, the van was gas (as indicated in the auction listing), so in my opinion they were not looking to steal fuel from Lucas and Chynna. That's all.

I'm impressed with how much you know about these vehicles. Thank You for your input. You say you don't think the teens would try to steal fuel from Lucas and Chynna. Would the teens know the van used gasoline not diesel?

Did the rcmp comment if Port Nelson was searched?
Fort Nelson. And this is just my impression of things, so please don’t take it as fact. But it was the Fort Nelson rcmp that attended the scene as soon as the call came in. They would most likely have been told they were deceased and before even arriving (about 4 hrs away) they would have shut down the road. There’s one way in only from both the south and north directions. I know there were checkstops immediately-exact locations and times-I cannot say for sure. But I’m sure they would of considered this-we have 3 gas stations in town, the rest are commercial stations. I would say they had each business check to see if the men chad come through town on their way up-which I do not believe they did. (My opinion). And husky was robbed before so they have cameras for sure, same with fast gas (where L and C went) and then Esso which is brand new and would have cameras. And they would have had to fuel up in fort Nelson because the next gas station is hours south. I’m pretty sure the suspects would have known the Fort Nelson rcmp would be first responders so they would avoid coming this way (which we now know they did go the opposite way to get to Dease Lake at some point, I think immediately before there was law enforcement set up on that side). And once again my opinion only but there’s no way they would have stuck around on a back trail or anything. Everyone was on the lookout and there are TONS of conservation officers up there in summer who stop anyone on theirs backroads to check for fishing licenses, guns being registered and transported properly, etc)

Yeah I've said this before and am sincerely not trying to be annoying in repeating it, but the father obviously has a lot of self-admitted issues, and I think he's vulnerable to the media while also being appealing to them since he has no filter. I think he lacks a support network of people who can or will convince him to go quiet like the McLeods did, but that would really be in his best interest right now. He reminds me of some people I have met who are clearly not well and not in a good place in their lives. The difference is he has been given an international platform to talk from.

Personally I really think he needs to be on a suicide watch. I’m glad he hasn’t been in the media, it just wouldn’t be helpful to anyone at this time.

I feel bad for Bryer's dad because I don't think he realizes that his son and friend are psychopaths (IMO).
Agreed! I think he's possibly been in denial about it for quite some time. I know his behavior has been inappropriate at times--like releasing that book when he did--but I still feel bad for him. That would be a horrible situation for anyone to deal with--finding out your child is accused of multiple murders and has disappeared and is being sought by police--but I think he is already emotionally very fragile and is not holding up well. I feel sorry for BS's mom and KM's parents, too. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member